Photo

PS2 Car Mod

7 replies to this topic
Motoxluke
  • Motoxluke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

Before anybody posts any replays telling me to get a PC Version..I already have one and have successfully modded many times..I want to be able to mod my PS2 Version because I like it better..I was wondering if anybody has any experience with the compatability between the two versions. Im stuck on txd's, i cant seem to get the PC car txd into PS2 format..If there are anything else i should be aware about tell me ...thanks

claude_brasilelrio
  • claude_brasilelrio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:53 AM

The txd on ps2 is archived in a diferent way in ps2 but is very like on pc the models is the same somenting second the rusian modders
I hope t help it

Ray_Santos
  • Ray_Santos

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

You need a modded PS2 that can read burned discs, but you also need to be able to edit the game files of the game disc and burn them onto another disc afaik. I woulden't recommend modding anything on your PS2, stick to PC games if you enjoy modding, there alot more advanced than consoles...

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

some people like me download some cars from website i dont remeber where they can download cars for pc but for ps2 doesnt work like nfs

SuperRob
  • SuperRob

GTA Destroyer

• Members

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

There's a modded version of san andreas for ps2 somewhere online. Google it if you want. You do need a modded console or a swap magic disc. Don't be mad though if the game doesn't work after you burn it. I've heard of some people not being able to play it.

You can add your own vehicles but they have to be the same size or less than the size of vehicles you want to replace. If they are bigger than the original files then your game will not load on the PS2 or it will crash. I tried it once but failed so instead of wasting my time I just stuck with the PC version.

THE HERO
  • THE HERO

/* no comment */

• Members

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

While dff files are universal (although there are platform optimized versions), txd files are *always* platform specific. There is a tutorial that tells you how to mod textures but I can assure you that it won't be easy as the ps2 texture format is not completely understood right now. I did some texture modding in the past but it's a slow process.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:23 PM Edited by GTASAddict, 07 April 2013 - 11:26 PM.

Some of these repliers are lying to you, are clueless or both, but they're wrong either way.

Such misleading answers here. The PS2 version can be easily altered; much easier than the PC. After all, video games were solely designed for consoles until someone decided to port them to PC. Burning a disc is not necessary unless you want to make a temporary code permanent. Just stick with permanent ones.

You need a cheat device disc (AR-MAX, Gameshark, Codebraker) and Omniconvert. Paste a code in Omniconvert, translate it to whatever format you use, enter the new code into the database, activate it, take out your code disc and place in your game disc.

There are topics on how to do this with the PS2:

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=171732

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=350108

http://www.gtaforums...pic=322332&st=0

THE HERO
  • THE HERO

/* no comment */

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

This is not modding, however.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users