Photo

The Syrian Civil War

273 replies to this topic
OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:23 PM

This makes me feel sick, I find it disgraceful that Western powers are happy to intervene with military power to topple against an unfriendly government but when the Syrians are one of the key exporters of oil to the west, its not cool for us to step in and we should discuss it in the UN.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-16825761

This will achieve nothing, the Russians will never approve any significant action against their last Arab ally. The western governments know this yet still insist on talks. I understand there could be diplomatic complications but innocent people are dying at the hands of a power crazed maniac who is hell bent on killing people who don't support him. From the limited footage I have seen, this looks like a much more brutal crackdown that what was happening in Libya. Anyway, feel free to discuss what you think about this.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D]
    Contribution Award [General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013
    Best Debater 2012
    Best Debater 2011

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

Actually, they Syrians export very little oil to the West. We've thus far been unwilling to intervene because Syria are pretty much Russia's largest export customer for military materiel and they'll do whatever the can to maintain that relationship. Whilst it's fair to say they're unlikely to come wading in on the side of Syria in a limited conflict, they'll do anything up to that point. Also, Syria are Iran's mouthpiece in the region and the nation through which it exercises it's power. Even though Iran are also unlikely to get involved in direct confrontation, they're already significantly involved in the conflict there as well as elsewhere in the region- funding and supplying insurgents, et cetera.

Also, there's already a topic discussing this here.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:43 PM Edited by lil weasel, 01 February 2012 - 03:07 AM.

Maybe the Western governments don't get enough 'practice' war games. So like the Spanish Uprising of the last century they feel the need to 'blood' their troops (and test weapons) every chance they get. 17 July 1936
So much for U.N. Pease Keeping.

Interesting Find (Edit)

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

There's also a difference in that Libya under Gaddafi was much more obvious in the killing of its own people, and they also didn't beat around the bush when it came to saying what they were doing. Gaddafi pretty much stated that they'd go into Benghazi and massacre people, and there was also wide support from the Arab League in imposing the no fly zone.

With Syria though they are much more "diplomatic" in their killings, and they don't outright state what they're doing. They play more games, and they're much smarter in their approach to the suppression. The Arab League also hasn't come out and asked for any kind of no fly zone or military intervention. So there isn't the support for intervention either.

But the potential negative consequences for a Syrian intervention are also much more severe than was the case with Libya. Syrian politics and sectarianism is more complex than in Libya. The decision to intervene, as well as the planning and logistics involved, would require a lot more thought and attention because the potential for it to go wrong is much higher, and as said the consequences much more severe. It would also affect the wider Middle Eastern region much greater than Libya, not just because of the geographical location but because Syria is a regional hub and larger regional player.

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:20 AM

I remember a press statement from Bashar al-Assad a few months back that clearly said, "Any Western powers that tries to interfere with what is happening in Syria will feel harsh consequences".

Not exacty word for word but it went along those lines of threats.

confused.gif

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Tuesday, Jan 31 2012, 18:43)
Maybe the Western governments don't get enough 'practice' war games. So like the Spanish Uprising of the last century they feel the need to 'blood' their troops (and test weapons) every chance they get.

So much for U.N. Pease Keeping.

What?? The Spanish uprising? What are you talking about?

And to add onto what sivis said, Syria has a much more powerful military (though still nothing compared to the Western powers obviously) and would be a much greater resource draw for the west than they'd want. With Europe's debt crisis right now, and the US going into election season, they are not interested in Syria right now.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:33 AM

The fact of the matter is that the guy is putting down a popular rebellion with extreme force. The material facts are almost identical to that of Libya although the circumstances are different. In my opinion, we should treat him the same as we treated Gadaffi. The idea of an "Iron Fist", as established by President Truman, carries significant wait here as it is impossible to negotiate with a totalitarian dictator who only understands violence.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Tuesday, Jan 31 2012, 20:33)
The fact of the matter is that the guy is putting down a popular rebellion with extreme force. The material facts are almost identical to that of Libya although the circumstances are different. In my opinion, we should treat him the same as we treated Gadaffi. The idea of an "Iron Fist", as established by President Truman, carries significant wait here as it is impossible to negotiate with a totalitarian dictator who only understands violence.

The problems with that are listed above though; unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world. When you have a Presidential election going on with the most powerful contributor to NATO, and you have a debt crisis with the rest of them, a war would simply not be applicable. I am no military expert by any means, but I don't see Syria going down as easy as Libya did.

GTAknowledge
  • GTAknowledge

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

Message from the Syrian people: STAY OUT OF OUR COUNTRY.

Message from the extremist African rebels: We need some support to take over this country.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:22 AM

Great, here come the YouTube videos.

Tell us the story again about how you know all these high ranking military officials and such. It never gets tiring.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:25 AM Edited by Irviding, 01 February 2012 - 03:50 AM.

QUOTE (GTAknowledge @ Tuesday, Jan 31 2012, 22:20)

Message from the extremist African rebels: We need some support to take over this country.

I really love how you think that everything in Syria is fine and dandy, when the UN has released a report stating that over 5,000 people have died. Last Monday alone, 60 people were slaughtered by government forces. Will you get your head out of your ass and stop reading Syrian government propaganda sites?

http://articles.cnn....s=PM:MIDDLEEAST

Oh, and the opposition has requested international aid - http://articles.cnn....s=PM:MIDDLEEAST

Another interesting point made by the Arab League -

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t3

The Arab League is all western puppets, right GTA Knowledge? The only people in the right is Al-Assad?

GTAknowledge
  • GTAknowledge

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:00 AM Edited by GTAknowledge, 01 February 2012 - 04:17 AM.

QUOTE (Irviding @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 03:25)
QUOTE (GTAknowledge @ Tuesday, Jan 31 2012, 22:20)

I really love how you think that everything in Syria is fine and dandy, when the UN has released a report stating that over 5,000 people have died. Last Monday alone, 60 people were slaughtered by government forces. Will you get your head out of your ass and stop reading Syrian government propaganda sites?

http://articles.cnn....s=PM:MIDDLEEAST

Oh, and the opposition has requested international aid - http://articles.cnn....s=PM:MIDDLEEAST

Oh my...... whatsthat.gif

Firstly, i have been talking DAILY to my family and friends living in Syria about this situation. Their BIGGEST fear is either the rebels coming to their town OR a US attack/invasion. They are begging the Military to send troops to stay in the town for safety. The rebels are DESPISED by everyone expect for the extremist Muslims who want Assad gone so they can implement a government like that of Saudi Arabia.

Secondly, there is no media propaganda in the Lebanese channels i mostly follow. I have seen interviews with the so called "Free Syrian Army" and they have BLACK AFRICAN soldiers in the background who don't speak Arabic at all. How much more proof do people need to show these rebels are paid for and not fighting for Syria because they are not even Syrian!

Thirdly, when i was last in Syria, everything was fine. Peaceful and great country where everyone lived happy and there was no conflict of religions. All religions were treated equally.

The CNN links you gave are laughable. I really can't comprehend how you believe them so easily.

Reality:
Of those 5000+ dead:
Over 1,500 are Police and Soldiers have been killed by the rebels.
Over 1,000 are Syrian civilians have been kidnapped, murdered, tortured and killed by the rebels.
I'd guess 1,000 are also rebels who have been killed.

I just got off the phone with a family-friend in Damascus. They have seen the Western media reports of the situation and are furious! They want help to remove the terrorists, not the other way around as Western media portrays.

You make it sound like it is Assad just going around shooting people randomly. The rebels are the targets. The Syrian constitution gives Assad authority to eliminate or detain anyone deemed as a terrorist. The rebels are terrorists. Many are African and have links with Al-Qaeda. There is no negotiations with them. They are the army's target.

The Syrian army just recently caught out rebels who were sent to blow up a busy market which would have killed at least 500 people and injured thousands. These rebels are VICIOUS MURDERERS and deserve to be wiped out by the Army. Anyone who supports the rebels is INSANE!!

Also, people need to stop percieving Assad as a Tyrant. He's crackdown has been towards the rebels. I don't know many people who met him, apart from Military people, but all have said he is the most genuinely nice person they have ever met.

He walks around Syria, ALONE, without fearing for his safety because he knows the majority love him. I'd like to see Obama walk around his country without his goons and armored cars. He goes out and eats alone, goes to local mechanics to fix his car and lives like the people he governs.

OH LOOK GUYS, A TYRANT:

user posted image

Recent interview with Assad 2 months ago:

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (GTAknowledge @ Tuesday, Jan 31 2012, 21:00)
OH LOOK GUYS, A TYRANT:

user posted image

user posted image

What's your point?

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:40 AM

user posted image

user posted image

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

Aside from propaganda images - the way I see it is you can either trust the UN, the Arab League, and various amateur videos coming out of Syria, or you can trust your friend you called on the phone who says it's all fine and dandy. You choose the latter, so good luck. Obviously you don't know what a source is.

GTAknowledge
  • GTAknowledge

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:17 AM Edited by GTAknowledge, 01 February 2012 - 05:51 AM.

QUOTE (Irviding @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 04:48)
Aside from propaganda images - the way I see it is you can either trust the UN, the Arab League, and various amateur videos coming out of Syria, or you can trust your friend you called on the phone who says it's all fine and dandy. You choose the latter, so good luck. Obviously you don't know what a source is.

You still don't understand.
It's not just my "friend". If i made a list of people i closely know living in Syria, it would be over 150. Some are close family.

My sources:

- Family and Friends living INSIDE Syria and their relatives who live near me now. They are SEEING this unfold everyday.
- Arabic interviews, reports, articles which HAVE NOT been manipulated by Western media. RAW footage of events.
- My personal experience having traveled in the country not so long ago and what i witnessed.

lol at "your friend on phone".

And NO WAY will i trust the Arab League LMAO. How dumb are you? You think they wouldn't lie to you? You think they care to give you the truth? They rely on people like you to defend their lies. haha.

One of the Arab league supervisors who was in Syria did an interview while in there. He basically said: The troubles here are mainly caused by the rebels. They are not allowing peace and we can see why the Syrian Army is acting the way it is.

What happens after he said that.....Arab league suspends Syria mission. They didn't like the truth. LOL.

user posted image

Everyday i watch the TV, there are rallies like this. Everyday it is in a different town/city. And every time there is over 500,000 people attending, averaging 1,000,000. For a country of 20 million, there have been already over 10 million people who have marched in support all in different cities.

Syria:

2,300 yard-long flag for Assad (Again over 1,000,000 attended):

Here in Melbourne, Australia:

Sydney, Australia:

Whitehouse:

New York:

Los Angles:

Chicago:

Hundreds more in other countries, but you get the point. Only country's that seems divided on Assad is England and Canada. lol. As long as the majority of Syrians support Assad, the US should stay out and mind their own business. All the anti-assad rally's in Syria are either of only a few thousand or paid for by the opposition.

All Syrians here, Muslim or Christian support Assad, and so do their families in Syria. Never have i met anyone who doesn't support Assad. Maybe one day i will, but until then i am strongly convinced that everything the media is saying about Assad's support falling is a lie.

smile.gif

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:42 AM

Maybe they suspended it because they didn't want their inspectors getting blown up. Did you ever consider that? Why are your views so clouded by propaganda? This all stems from people peacefully protesting a man who has been running his government with a suspended constitution for decades, simply asking for more rights. When he began to execute protestors, they organized an army to rebel against him. How hard is that to understand for you? Why do you act as if everything is happy daisy flowers over there?

GTAknowledge
  • GTAknowledge

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (Irviding @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 05:42)
Maybe they suspended it because they didn't want their inspectors getting blown up. Did you ever consider that? Why are your views so clouded by propaganda? This all stems from people peacefully protesting a man who has been running his government with a suspended constitution for decades, simply asking for more rights. When he began to execute protestors, they organized an army to rebel against him. How hard is that to understand for you? Why do you act as if everything is happy daisy flowers over there?

Many of the inspectors were staying in 5 star hotels in Damascus. That city is safe at the moment as the military presence has kept the terrorists out. They left because they saw the truth.

And he didn't execute protestors. You are just forwarding information the media tells you. At the point when this all began, no outside media had access to what was really going on. The "army" that is rebelling against him is strongly made up of Africans and previous Libyan rebels. When these rebels began surrounding themselves between protestors, that's when protestors began to be killed.

Assad gave orders to go after the rebels. It is near impossible to get and not others when they surround themselves in the towns who are on their side. Assad has said he gave NO orders to attack protestors.

And i think it is clear that their is chaos in the country. And it is mainly caused by the rebels. They are walking around with AK-47's and rocket launchers LMAO. You expect the military to tolerate this?

Ask yourself this:

If in the US, right now, people began protesting and were armed. Let's say 20,000 people surrounded the white house and started firing shots into the sky and violently trying to take over the Whithouse.

Next, add to this armed African extremist Muslim rebels (who are not US citizens, illegally entered) joined these protests and set up camp around them. These rebels have wondered the streets of Washington kidnapping people, raping women and climbing on apartment rooftops and start to sniper down random civilians. They have also started bombing busy places and walk around in crowded areas with ROCKET LAUNCHERS and terrorize people. Dead bodies are everywhere on the streets.

These crowds and rebels grow. They are taking over more towns and cities and have began massive killings of people opposed to them (Average Americans).

What does Obama do? How does the military react to the country possibly being taken over by them and the people who support these acts?

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:02 AM

That's a ridiculous comparison and you know it.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom
    Best Debater 2013
    Best Debater 2012
    Best Debater 2011

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:47 AM Edited by sivispacem, 01 February 2012 - 07:50 AM.

GTAKnoweldge, I seriously suggest you just give up. It's evident that you live in some kind of dream world where everyone's your best chum and where despots are cuddly toys. It doesn't do your case any favours. You've also consistently failed to provide any evidence to support your cause from sources other than propaganda videos images. These provide absolutely no evidence to substantiate your cause; in fact, all they do is detract from your argument and make it appear as if it's based on nothing other than rhetoric and obvious fallacies. The reason the inspectorate pulled out was partly down to a lack of transparency on the Syrian authorities side, and partly because they've seen all they need to. One only needs read some of the various statements released by the staff of the AU mission to see this. Constant shepherding of independent monitors, no freedom to view areas that weren't designated and guided like tours by Syrian authorities, and even then many of the statements have been vocal about the level of violence used to crush what is (according to the AU) largely peaceful protest. I just have no idea where you get these absurd fictions from.

If Syria is so peaceful, and the rebels so violent, then why has the AU spend the last month chomping the bit for an intervention on the side of the rebels?

GTAknowledge
  • GTAknowledge

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:23 AM Edited by GTAknowledge, 01 February 2012 - 08:26 AM.

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 07:47)
GTAKnoweldge, I seriously suggest you just give up. It's evident that you live in some kind of dream world where everyone's your best chum and where despots are cuddly toys. It doesn't do your case any favours. You've also consistently failed to provide any evidence to support your cause from sources other than propaganda videos images. These provide absolutely no evidence to substantiate your cause; in fact, all they do is detract from your argument and make it appear as if it's based on nothing other than rhetoric and obvious fallacies.

If Syria is so peaceful, and the rebels so violent, then why has the AU spend the last month chomping the bit for an intervention on the side of the rebels?

I said Syria was peaceful BEFORE the rebels went in. I was there before this happened. It was peaceful. There never was any protests until these rebels got involved. Everything was fine before. Don't be stupid.

UNLESS YOU PERSONALLY VISITED SYRIA more then a year ago, before all this, you can not say it wasn't peaceful. You should stop.

And at the moment neither side is peaceful. Syria is currently at war with these terrorists. Apart from those i know living inside Damascus, all the other towns have fighting going on around them between rebels and the military.

Do they show you these things in the West? NO.

^Raw footage. No propaganda. No editing.

Conveniently they only show one side of the story, and that's the stuff you know. whatsthat.gif .

You're the one living in a fantasy world if you think everything you are being told is what is actually happening on the other side of the world where you have never been. But when someone from that area tells you the truth, you disregard it.

THE TRUTH: The army has done some mistakes, but it is NOWHERE near what the rebels are purposely doing.
Raping children and women, kidnapping civilians, chopping up their bodies, killing police and soldiers, bombing busy shopping malls, randomly snipering people from rooftops, random shootings and assassinations of famous people....HOW CAN ANYONE SUPPORT THESE TERRORISTS!?

user posted image

What would your government do if these types of rebels took on the military? Answer this for me.

@Irviding: I want to know what Obama would do if that situation occurred? Assad admitted he was not prepared for this because it wasn't expected. This is why there are mistakes being made. How would the US handle it?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom
    Best Debater 2013
    Best Debater 2012
    Best Debater 2011

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:39 AM

I'm on the train so will keep this brief. I ever said that Syria wasn't peaceful prior to the Arab Spring. But those videos do not provide proof of anything. There's not even any proof that those involved in those videos are actually rebels. And you've still failed to explain the African Union's stance on the issue, as well as all the independent analysis.

Regardless of your claims of a personal relationship with events, you appear no more qualified to discuss these issues than any other layman. The fact you're banging this absurd propaganda drum just goes to show that you've got absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

GTAknowledge
  • GTAknowledge

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 08:39)
I'm on the train so will keep this brief. I ever said that Syria wasn't peaceful prior to the Arab Spring. But those videos do not provide proof of anything. There's not even any proof that those involved in those videos are actually rebels. And you've still failed to explain the African Union's stance on the issue, as well as all the independent analysis.

Regardless of your claims of a personal relationship with events, you appear no more qualified to discuss these issues than any other layman. The fact you're banging this absurd propaganda drum just goes to show that you've got absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

So because you don't understand what they are saying in the video, it means they aren't rebels?

If you know an Arabic person, please show them the videos. If they speak Syrian, they will know right away what those in the video are saying and confirm that they are rebels. Also, look at their clothes. They are either rebels OR armed civilians (terrorists) attacking the army.

This stuff is happening daily. The aren't even focused on attacking the army any more. They are randomly killing civilians and trying to cause as much chaos in the country. I wouldn't be surprised if they have tortured and murdered more than 10,000 innocent people at this point.
Raw footage of over 50 dead soldiers has been shown on television. They tortured and killed them all and lined them up and threw them of a bridge. These rebels are the most vicious scum on the earth today, and for the West to support them just goes to show they have their own interests in taking over Syria.

AU and other bodies have their own interests with Syria aswell. Don't be stupid and think they actually care for the Syrian people. THEY DON'T. Because if they did, their first priority should be to stop the rebels from the ongoing crimes they are committing (the kidnappings, the murders and the torturing).
The fact that they have sided with the African Al-Qaeda linked terrorists shows clearly their intentions for Syria is not of benefit to the Syrian people.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

How do you not realize that it the Syrian army doing the torturing and kidnapping. That's why thousands tried to flee to neighboring Turkey and then gave reports to the journalists about the family and friends taken by Assad's forces. There was a video clip on the news last night of a Syrian man who said everyone was afraid to leave their houses because of army anklets on the rooftops, footage has shown Damascus o be a war zone, despite what you seem to think of it. Stop falling for the governments propaganda an have a look at what's really happening.

GTAknowledge
  • GTAknowledge

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 09:50)
How do you not realize that it the Syrian army doing the torturing and kidnapping. That's why thousands tried to flee to neighboring Turkey and then gave reports to the journalists about the family and friends taken by Assad's forces. There was a video clip on the news last night of a Syrian man who said everyone was afraid to leave their houses because of army anklets on the rooftops, footage has shown Damascus o be a war zone, despite what you seem to think of it. Stop falling for the governments propaganda an have a look at what's really happening.

Sigh. whatsthat.gif .

1. I have said the Army has made some mistakes, numerous times in this thread. They are nowhere near perfect but this is an extreme situation in the country which they admitted they were not prepared for. BUT, the rebels still remain WAY worse because they are purposely doing criminal acts.

2. The Army is torturing or kidnapping ONLY those linked with rebels. I thought the US government passed the NDAA which allows them to basically kidnap, detain and torture anyone deemed to be a terrorist. Why is it ok in the US to arrest people linked to terrorists but not ok in Syria? In Syria, the constitution declares power to eliminate terrorists (in this case the rebels and their armed supporters) in order to maintain peace in the country. Assad is simply following the constitution.

Also note many of the rebels already committed crimes just by crossing the border illegally and bringing in illegal weapons. No country would accept this, and Syria is not different.

3. For those who were arrested and not deemed as terrorists, they were released:

Syria releases 5,255 prisoners since Assad's amnesty

'The amnesty involves those who have peacefully demonstrated, those who have carried and possessed unlicensed weapons and ammunition.'

4. Please show me this said footage. Damascus as i know it is not a war-zone and is peaceful at the moment compared to other cities and towns. There was rebel presence on the outskirt towns, but it took the army only a short time to push them back away. This happened yesterday.

Stop falling for the governments propaganda an have a look at what's really happening.

Can you please show me the assumed propaganda i have fallen for? Are these things considered propaganda by you?:

- Family and close friends living in Syria telling me what is occurring.
- Lebanese and other Arabic channels, not linked to the Syrian government, showing interviews and reports.
- Raw video of situations.
- My personal experience having visited the country and seen how it is governed under Assad.

The only propaganda i can think of would be actual Syrian news/media OR Western media (Both biased to one side of the argument).....which i don't rely on for any information.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

The NDAA doesn't say that dickass, we've been through this over and over. Propaganda videos are not valid sourcing. You are so close minded and wrapped up in your own self righteousness that, to you, no one else can be right.

Let me tell you something - your sourcing is basically "Ive spoken yo someone" or "Ive been there"

Hey I spray to my syrian buddies all the time man. I go there monthly and I see no problems. The outside sources and video are manufactured by the West.

Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? You have no proof, no substantiation, just your word. Furthermore, obama wouldn't have to deal with that situation because we have a right to assemble and protest here.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

Why do you not understand that the rebels, or terrorists as you label them, were peaceful protestors initially. Assad launched a military campaign against free speech turning the protestors into armed rebels.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom
    Best Debater 2013
    Best Debater 2012
    Best Debater 2011

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 12:18)
Why do you not understand that the rebels, or terrorists as you label them, were peaceful protestors initially. Assad launched a military campaign against free speech turning the protestors into armed rebels.

You don't understand, his vague, corrupted and partisan third-hand sources are far better than the hundreds of pages of independent assessment, peer review articles, in-depth analyses and statements issued by non-partisan organisations. Apparently.

GTAknowledge
  • GTAknowledge

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 11:18)

@Irviding: Oh so Obama would allow people to protest near the White House with weapons in their hands firing into the sky? Because that is what the "peaceful" protests consisted off.
Keep living in your shell and believe everything the media tells you. It doesn't bother me, it just makes me laugh.

@OchyGTA: The Army has admitted mistakes in the beginning because something like this was unexpected. The protestors were never peaceful. They were always surrounded by armed people who fired into the sky often which is why the crackdown began.
They have released the majority of those protestors who they cracked down on in the beginning and arrested who were proven to actually have been peaceful. Those who were armed will be charged with terrorism.

There was no order to kill the protestors. Assad is simply following the Syrian constitution. Any killings that occurred would be for individual cases where soldiers did mistakes or acted without orders. As has been said, they were not prepared for this situation. Assad has said investigations into unnecessary deaths will begin soon.

At this point, right now, the rebels are Al-Qaeda linked African terrorists and there no longer are ANY peaceful protests. Assad has REPEATEDLY stated that reform and change will occur if the rebels stop their attacks on civilians and soldiers. They refuse to stop because most of them aren't even Syrian and don't care.

@sivispacem: You sound like an old man who has nothing better to do then to write up hundreds of pages worth of stuff which makes no sense.

I'm going to show these posts to my Syrian friends. Should have a good laugh. Ignorant people believe everything they are told. smile.gif smile.gif

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom
    Best Debater 2013
    Best Debater 2012
    Best Debater 2011

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:54 PM Edited by sivispacem, 01 February 2012 - 01:59 PM.

QUOTE (GTAknowledge)

sivispacem: You sound like an old man who has nothing better to do then to write up hundreds of pages worth of stuff which makes no sense

I'm going to show these posts to my Syrian friends. Should have a good laugh. Ignorant people believe everything they are told.  smile.gif   smile.gif

Come on, I'm still waiting for answers to what are very simple questions. As well as evidence that demonstrates al-Qaeda complicity on the side if the rebels, an explaination of how you can justify your position in the face of endless contradictory evidence from sources across the spectrum, including but not limited to Janes Defence, Amnesty International, AEI, Chatham House, RUSI, the OIG, the UN Human Rights watchdog, the Arab League, Human Rights Watch, the International Institute for Strategic Studies, Avaaz, StratFor, Centre for Strategic and International Studies and numerous other institutions with far greater personal and personal and professional relationships with the Syrian state and its populace- not to mention a far better understanding of just about every military, geopolitical and technical environment- than you could ever claim to have.

I might demonstrate your conspiratorial delusionism to some of my colleagues. A cheap laugh perhaps, but always good to get a different perspective, even if it's hilarious. Perhaps your views might ebd up getting published in this week's brief? I doubt it though, unless its part of an examination of Syria's information denial and propaganda policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users