Photo

Assassin's Creed 3

1,264 replies to this topic
Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:00 PM Edited by Lightning Strike, 21 August 2012 - 10:43 AM.

QUOTE (Carbine23 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 22:45)

Some interesting information on naval battles in game.

QUOTE (eurogamer @ Thursday, August 16 2012, 16:30)
How do you think the series will end?
Assassin's Creed 3's naval battles will fill an entire side-quest in the game, Ubisoft has told Eurogamer in a preview of the mode at Gamescom.
The game's main story will offer up "three or four" ship battles, with more available for those who want them. Completing the side-quest will offer economic rewards and ship upgrades.
The campaign will also offer a good reason as to why Connor is promoted to the commander of his own ship. While Assassin's Creed: Revelations offered up unnecessary and distracting tower defence sections, this year's inclusion of naval battles seems to fit far better with the main game.
The on-water sections are developed by Ubisoft Singapore, but crucially also feature on-foot boarding moments. These were made by the main Assassin's Creed 3 team, and offer short blasts of combat that keep things fresh.
Players will start the game with a standard ship and boring regular cannon balls. You'll be able to upgrade the ship hull (offering extra ship HP) and unlock the chain shot (two cannon balls chains together), heat shot (cannon balls on fire) and grape shot (a blast of debris similar to a giant shotgun).

Yay ! I get to upgrade my ship, let's hope it's funner than upgrading Assassins ...

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

New 4 part series.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

The second episode of the series.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

Gah, so f*cking epic.

Also, still no PC system requirements eh?

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

I just hope the Naval combat is implemented in a way that makes sense.

unlike that stupid tower-defense-type minigame that they shoved into AC Revelations.
it was terrible.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:21 AM

I have to say, after playing The Lost Archive, I'm looking forward to this even more. I'm hoping things like that are at least referenced, as Desmond has a lot of filling in to do for the others.

Also, the music was stunning. Not sure if it was Jesper Kyd too, but it is honestly beautiful, especially this one.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

http://www.edge-onli...-desmond-payoff

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:24 PM Edited by Gtaghost22, 05 September 2012 - 02:27 PM.

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Wednesday, Sep 5 2012, 12:18)
http://www.edge-onli...-desmond-payoff

It's inevitable that people will like Desmond more in ACIII, people didn't hate him in the previous games, he was just, well, nothing compared to how freaking badass Ezio and Altaïr were, Connor won't be as a good character as they were that's for sure, it's an easy task for Desmond this time around, really.

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

Assassin's Creed III: Inside Assassin's Creed Episode Three

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:30 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 13 September 2012 - 04:33 PM.

I'm going dark. I'm gonna stop looking at any previews and videos. I just want to forget about this game for a month and a half.

Anyway, anyone notice that we are now living in the timeline of Assassins Creed. Vidic and Lucy put Desmond in the Animus in September 2012.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Thursday, Sep 13 2012, 16:30)
I'm going dark. I'm gonna stop looking at any previews and videos. I just want to forget about this game for a month and a half.

Anyway, anyone notice that we are now living in the timeline of Assassins Creed. Vidic and Lucy put Desmond in the Animus in September 2012.

Well, most people speculated they were aiming for that with the December 2012 launch of the satellite. Probably overestimating how long it will take most of us to complete it, though... unless they're releasing the ending as DLC. mad.gif

I'll go dark if they start going too much into the Desmond storyline, which I doubt.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

It's not really spoilers I'm avoiding, I just tend to know so much about games I'm excited about, that when I finally play it takes away from the excitement of finding things out and takes away some moments where I might be surprised by the gameplay. I've barely watched any of the gameplay footage after those E3 demos with the fort and the navel combat. Which I think I would have preferred not knowing about the Navel combat, it would have been cool to find that out in the game.

I started playing Assassin's Creed (the first one) the other day, and I know I can knock it out 100% in about a week. And I can probably keep that pace with the other three games. I wanted to finish Revelations just before ACIII, but I can't help playing these games right now. Oh well, I'll have to play something scary in October anyway, it's a tradition.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Two offscreen gameplay videos from ACIII;Liberation, if anyone is interested.The game looks great imo.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:33 AM

Achievement list released. Just when I thought I couldn't look forward to this any more... biggrin.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:43 AM

I'm using all of my will power not to click that link...

...nope, can't do it.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sunday, Sep 16 2012, 01:43)
I'm using all of my will power not to click that link...

...nope, can't do it.

Sorry. I'm not helping. tounge.gif

Most intriguing achievement of all time goes to:

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished 20
Open the Temple Door and learn Desmond's fate.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

Inside Assassin's Creed Episode Four ;

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

I'm playing Assassins Creed II, and in one of the Glyphs (and I'm sure for most hardcore AC fans they put 2 and 2 together long ago but...) there is a puzzle with George Washington holding the Apple, and the caption is...

George Washington
United States

Now I'm f*cking hyped. So excited to see that the seed was planted for ACIII in ACII.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Friday, Sep 21 2012, 11:25)
I'm playing Assassins Creed II, and in one of the Glyphs (and I'm sure for most hardcore AC fans they put 2 and 2 together long ago but...) there is a puzzle with George Washington holding the Apple, and the caption is...

George Washington
United States

Now I'm f*cking hyped.  So excited to see that the seed was planted for ACIII in ACII.

to be fair, I don't think that actually means anything.
there were a lot of hidden Apple pictures in AC 2 and most of them don't translate to AC 3.

some of them were of Napoleon (holding the Apple under his coat). but AC 3 doesn't take place in France.
and some of them were from ancient Greek paintings. but AC 3 doesn't take place in Greece.
and some were even ancient Aztek drawings. but AC 3 doesn't take place in Mexico.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

To be even more fair, George Washington is in ACIII, and I didn't mention any of that other stuff.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

that's called confirmation bias.
http://en.wikipedia....nfirmation_bias

it still doesn't mean anything.
there were a lot of references in AC 2 to different people, different times, and different places that have nothing to do with AC 3. just because George Washington is one of them doesn't mean that it was a hint to AC 3.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

The Making of Assassin's Creed III - Origins (Part 1/4)

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

@El_Diablo, ACII came out years ago, had a reference to George Washington, years later it's confrimed that he's in ACIII. Sure there are a lot of other historical characters referenced in ACII, but the only one that is confirmed to be in the new game is George Washington. It's not like this is two different things I'm talking about. One is the sequel to the other, made by the same exact developer. One of three things happened. Either They looked through their games to see if any historical figures fit into the time they wanted to set the new game in, and found Washington. Or they knew they were going to set the game in the time period they set it in and put Washington in ACII, or it's just a happy coincidence. In your opinion, what is the most likely reason why Washington is in both games? In my opinion it was one of the former two. In which case, either they planted the seed when ACII came out, or planted the seed in a different way, after the fact.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:49 AM

lol.
ok this isn't important enough to argue about.

I'm just saying.
plenty of people are referenced in the AC 2 puzzles. and most of them don't appear in AC 3. so I don't think that Washington was an allusion. I just think it's a coincidence.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

Still, the point of those glyphs was that Subject 16 was trying to show you the truths behind the Pieces of Eden, he showed that Jesus Christ got his powers from 'The Shroud' and that he was killed by Templars so that they could get it from him, showed that Washington used a Piece of Eden to aid his defeat of the British, that Hitler used a Piece of Eden to aid his uprising in Germany, and that JFK was assassinated so that the Templars could retrieve a Piece of Eden that he was in possession of, and that they launched the Apollo 11 mission to retrieve another Piece of Eden that was on the surface of the moon. Couple all this with Nikola Tesla, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Houdini and others who all had something to do with a Piece of Eden. If it's anything to go off, (which it damn well should be) we can bet that Washington will have that Piece of Eden in ACIII. Considering all that stuff about Adam & Eve being the first Assassins was true, why wouldn't that be?

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

it's obviously true
he will probably come into possession of POE in AC3

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Firefly8000 @ Saturday, Sep 22 2012, 05:56)
If it's anything to go off, (which it damn well should be) we can bet that Washington will have that Piece of Eden in ACIII. Considering all that stuff about Adam & Eve being the first Assassins was true, why wouldn't that be?

that's not what I'm saying.
obviously George Washington has a piece of Eden, according to the clues.

but darthYENIK said that this must have been a hint ('the seed was planted') from AC 2 about AC 3.
I don't thin that's the case. because if anything that appeared in AC 2 could have been a hint about AC 3, then there were actually many hints that didn't mean anything (like the Greeks, like Napoleon, like the Aztecs, etc etc).

I think it was just a coincidence that they picked the United States for AC 3, I don't think it has anything to do with one little picture of Washington that appeared in AC 2.
it fits together nicely, but I don't think that it was an indication of anything specific.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:37 AM

Like you said it's not important enough to argue about. I just think it's cool that either before ACII, or after, or completely unintentionally, there is one more little link in the series. I'm not saying it's a "hint", just a link.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

new gameplay, interviews etc. contains minor spoilers

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:42 PM