1,264 replies to this topic
TheBoneCountyButcher
  • TheBoneCountyButcher

Ain't That Some sh*t

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

How do you think the series will end?

The series is one of my favourites. It is one of the only games that comes out yearly that doesn't sacrifice gameplay over story, but treats them both the same.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:41 PM Edited by acmilano, 11 January 2012 - 05:45 PM.

Its probably too early,not any info about it jet.
If i could pick setting,then 17th century France,with Louis 14,Cardinal Richelieu and Man with the Iron Mask.

Greenline
  • Greenline

Page 3 Girl

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

I'm hoping for it to be set in Persia. Other than that, I think the game is perfect just the way it is.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (acmilano @ Wednesday, Jan 11 2012, 12:41)
Its probably too early,not any info about it jet.
If i could pick setting,then 17th century France,with Louis 14,Cardinal Richelieu and Man with the Iron Mask.

That would be absolutely terrific. Along with going with the games' record of happening during periods of societal change or discourse (the revolutionary Musketeers would make fantastic allies), it'd be f*cking awesome to explore 17th century Paris and the surrounding countryside (an under-construction Versailles would be great to see).

Zero94
  • Zero94

Deadpool

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

I really hope in a Desmond protagonist, a real Assassin with a lot of cool sh*t in AC style. We've been learned to fight in the 1100, in the 1500 and now it's time for the future...

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

Still,it would be better to stay in history.There is no much games with sword fights and there is bunch of modern day shooters. Set completely in present day would look too much like Infamous and Prototipe.

Zero94
  • Zero94

Deadpool

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (acmilano @ Wednesday, Jan 11 2012, 18:12)
Still,it would be better to stay in history.There is no much games with sword fights and there is bunch of modern day shooters. Set completely in present day would look too much like Infamous and Prototipe.

Guess an Assassins with the Ezio Auditore and Altair modus operandi, fighting style and weapons in the present... That would be amazing...

Marlowe.
  • Marlowe.

I Still Jerk-off Manually

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

I'm dying to see it set in 19th century Victorian England. I have a thing for mutton chops, tweed, and pipes. But besides that, I can just imagine the fog adding wonderful ambience, especially for stealth missions. It would also pave way for some new architecture - I'm so sick of 15/16th century Italy.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

2012, I just don't see a good reason for Desmond to get back into the aminus. If you played and beaten AC: Revelations, you should know what I am talking about. Finish off the Desmond story with Desmond finally getting to the action, instead of watching his ancestors doing it. After that, do what ever the f*ck you want with the story, since the Desmond story would be over.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:45 PM Edited by papanesta, 11 January 2012 - 07:06 PM.

QUOTE (The General @ Wednesday, Jan 11 2012, 18:41)
2012, I just don't see a good reason for Desmond to get back into the aminus. If you played and beaten AC: Revelations, you should know what I am talking about. Finish off the Desmond story with Desmond finally getting to the action, instead of watching his ancestors doing it. After that, do what ever the f*ck you want with the story, since the Desmond story would be over.

I totally agree. Desmond says he knows what they need to do, and the way he says it, I don't think that involves going back in the Animus.

The one thing I really want is to meet more of the modern day assassins. We've read about other groups, it's time to meet them.

Gonna post the ending, but seriously, if you're going to play Revelations, do not watch! It's so epic, it's easy to forget about any of the frustrations in any of the games.

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:59 AM

I want the next game to be set in present times because the series has become repetitive and stale to me. ACB/R have both been massive disappointments most likely due to the added multiplayer. A modern day game would refresh the series a lot.

IvoryX
  • IvoryX

My stories are your fun.

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:09 AM

Yes you're all right about AC III in present, but a few looks to the past would not hurt IMO (just like Ezio did with Altair's keys)

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

Could there be a new ancestor or is do you guys think it will just be in modern day playing only as Desmond?

Marlowe.
  • Marlowe.

I Still Jerk-off Manually

• Members

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

While it does appear to be setting up for a modern day adventure featuring Desmond, I find it hard to believe that there won't be a historical setting. Afterall, history is the games playground, and what seperates it from other games.
With the Bleeding Effect, Desmond could plausibly travel anywhere in his ancestors' history without an Animus. That would be cool.

A White CJ
  • A White CJ

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:58 AM Edited by A White CJ, 14 January 2012 - 08:00 AM.

I honestly wish the series would be rebooted from the start... I like the intrigue going on within the Animus, and the Templar/Assassin conspiracy and the idea of the Animus itself is okay with me, but the plot is getting so ridiculous! With every game it gets worse and worse. 2012 apocalypse, really?

It would feel weird, but I think I really would like it if Assassin's Creed would totally ditch the old storyline and start anew. They could keep broad strokes, but some things should be retconned....

Gameplay wise I want historical settings, definitely not future. The storyline does force a future game eventually, but the reason Assassin's Creed is special to me is the fact that it gives obscure time periods (obscure for gaming) love.

I really don't have an idea where III should be set. It has to be a time period that lends itself to swordplay, or at least allows for it. I liked how it jumps from the Middle East to Italia, totally different feels of architecture. How about Russia, India, or the Orient?

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:06 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 18 January 2012 - 07:17 AM.

I'm thinking a large majority of the game will be modern day and as Desmond's story ends another time in history is revealed and we start all over again with another subject.

I can't see ACIII being the final game in the series. In saying that if the game does take place in modern day how would they handle it? Making it another shooter would be kind of boring, so I think Desmond will stick to the traditional methods of Altair and Ezio.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:07 AM

Judging from the end of Revelations, my guess is modern day New York.. Or possibly because of the rich history of conspiracy surrounding this time including supposed Templars and secret societies it could be New England during the American revolution.

But my primary hope is that they finally let us loose with Desmond.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 02:06)
In saying that if the game does take place in modern day how would they handle it? Making it another shooter would be kind of boring, so I think Desmond will stick to the traditional methods of Altair and Ezio.

I'm going to say that it will be like the Saboteur, but much better. Shooting would replace sword fighting, since sword fighting isn't really done anymore except for sport. Parkour would return, but will be slightly different.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (The General @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 18:03)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 02:06)
In saying that if the game does take place in modern day how would they handle it? Making it another shooter would be kind of boring, so I think Desmond will stick to the traditional methods of Altair and Ezio.

I'm going to say that it will be like the Saboteur, but much better. Shooting would replace sword fighting, since sword fighting isn't really done anymore except for sport. Parkour would return, but will be slightly different.

At the end of Revelations Ezio leaves his hidden blades and sword with the second apple in Altair's library. At some point those have to make their way into somebody's hands, be it Desmond or another ancestor.

If they make it more stealthy, like the ability to use corner cover, then they could pull it off with Desmond not using guns. They can make it a hybrid of AC, Splinter Cell and Batman.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

Well it was announced already that the next Assassins' Creed is most likely due for a December 2012 release and will be the "biggest Assassin's Creed to date"

Recent video i saw said that rumors are going around that it might take place in the American Revolutionary War because in one of the paintings in Assassins Creed 2, you see George Washington carrying an apple.
Honestly i think that would be f*cking awesome because i never experienced a full 3D gaming open world experience set in colonial times and i always wanted to. Of course its just a rumor but i seem to like it a lot. What are your thoughts?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:05 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 31 January 2012 - 07:16 PM.

I totally agree that it's a good chance that it could be (partially) set in the American Revolution. They end up in New York at the end of Revelations, where a first civilization temple is. So it's entirely possible that someone acquired a piece of Eden.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

I don't know how would they pull this off.Most of the American Founding Fathers were in Masons,and Ubisoft considers Masons for a bad guys,that could be too controversial.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

I went ahead and merged this with the old topic, since the newer one had some infro.

acmilano makes a pretty good point. If in fact it takes place during the American Revolution, maybe the American revolutionists who were Masons were breaking away from the Templars, and partner up with the assassins to fight them.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

Rogue Masons/Templars and Assassins? That could be interesting.
Also one more speculation about Egypt:

http://www.computera...-ancient-egypt/

Personaly i think this is more for a post-Desmond sequels when main story is over and then it can follow any story in human history is possible.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:32 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 31 January 2012 - 07:40 PM.

I don't know if it's that controversial. Considering you get into a fist fight with the pope in the second game, and the continuing theme of the game is that religion is a lie/misinterpretation.

As for Egypt. Ezio spends the whole of Revelations trying to get into Altair's library only to find it empty with the exception of Altair's remains, a final key to the hiding place of the apple held within the library. So I think Altair's son telling him that he took the books to Alexandria is just to let people know that all of those books, and all of that information was lost, because as we all know one of the greatest tragedies in the history of (well) history is the destruction of the Library of Alexandria, where countless first additions and ancient histories of all the known civilizations (at the time), including lost civilizations like Atlantis.

EDIT: But I might be wrong. According to Wikipedia Julius Caesar burned the library in 48 BC. Long before Altair was even born. So that throws that theory out the window.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:02 PM Edited by acmilano, 31 January 2012 - 08:07 PM.

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Tuesday, Jan 31 2012, 19:32)
I don't know if it's that controversial.  Considering you get into a fist fight with the pope in the second game, and the continuing theme of the game is that religion is a lie/misinterpretation.

As for Egypt.  Ezio spends the whole of Revelations trying to get into Altair's library only to find it empty with the exception of Altair's remains, a final key to the hiding place of the apple held within the library.  So I think Altair's son telling him that he took the books to Alexandria is just to let people know that all of those books, and all of that information was lost, because as we all know one of the greatest tragedies in the history of (well) history is the destruction of the Library of Alexandria, where countless first additions and ancient histories of all the known civilizations (at the time), including lost civilizations like Atlantis.

EDIT: But I might be wrong.  According to Wikipedia Julius Caesar burned the library in 48 BC. Long before Altair was even born.  So that throws that theory out the window.

Hm yes, you right but imagine sh*tstorm in USA if you actually fight against George Washington and American indipendence movement.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:40 PM Edited by The General, 31 January 2012 - 08:44 PM.

QUOTE (acmilano @ Tuesday, Jan 31 2012, 15:02)
Hm yes, you right but imagine sh*tstorm in USA if you actually fight against George Washington and American indipendence movement.

While checking the assassin's creed wiki, there was no mention of Washington being a Templar. So he can still be a "good" guy. Hell there could be something involving his death. Even with that said, I still hope for a modern Assassin's Creed game. Let's finish off the Desmond story first!

Also regarding a game in Egypt, there wasn't that many tall buildings in ancient Egypt, so it wouldn't have the same gameplay as the other games.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

He still was a mason:

http://www.reversesp...com/masons.html

and Ubisoft consider them a bad guys,so they would probably skip this part of history.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

Jumping around the colonial rooftops of early new york city would be fun as hell

and there probably gonna incorporate newer and interesting ways to assassinate people then just jumping off a roof or out of nowhere on a street

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

Victorian f*ckin' London. Who wouldn't want that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users