Photo

autofade? legit retail version

14 replies to this topic
russ angel
  • russ angel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

Im getting autofade after about ten minutes of playing.Im using enb and ice,and my rig is an i7 16g ram gtx580 so I cant see it being a problem with the PC.I have a retail version from Tesco which ran ok on my last rig,but only medium settings.Im running everything maxed out with the new one.Any help?

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

AUIRB2U HD War Kitties 4 1-Up -1 Filtering Edishun

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:46 AM

Many times people describe things wrong. What exactly is happening that is the issue for the post?

russ angel
  • russ angel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for replying,ive uninstalled the game off my old pc and reinstalled it onto a new i7 rig 16gbram nvidea gtx580,installed ice enhancer 1.3 and enb series 0.82b and the game is looking cool.I can run it extremely high settings only for it to autofade after about ten minutes,it starts with the clouds going black like an inky sort of colour then the whole screen gradually fades black.Switch to menu and its fine,back to the game and its black.I double checked and i did uninstall from my old rig.Its patched to 1.0.7.0 if that could be the problem?Perhaps i should be running 1.0.4.0?Im on windows 7 ultimate.The game is an official retail copy i bought legit new from Tesco.Is it because i only have a limited number of installs?Its been installed about 4-5 times now over 2 years,but i revoke every time.Thanks for the interest in my post.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:36 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 31 January 2012 - 04:42 PM.

QUOTE (russ angel @ Monday, Jan 30 2012, 11:58)
the whole screen gradually fades black

Keep in mind that ENB variant 0082 is BETA and several cases of hardware damage has been reported.
Therefore you should run the game with a different video card to ensure that your is allright. Besides this you should take care your video card temperatures.
When it comes to visual glitches or complete hardware failure after a mostly constant time it can be a temperature problem.
Again: Even the strongest card may be corrupted with ENB 0082 BETA. Use at your own risk! Due to this this version has been removed by itīs developer.
Maybe also try a different ENB version to see if this glitch still occur. Using ENB with patches higher than 1.0.0.4 (patch 5) is generally not recommended. 1.0.4.0 (patch 4) seems to be most stable.
If you can downgrade, you should do that. The latest patches are only required if you want to play the episodes.
ENB does not fully support the latest patches although some people manage to get it running very well. So you may get all sort of glitches if you run the wrong/unsupported patch.

russ angel
  • russ angel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

Thanks for the advice,i have reinstalled and patched to 1.0.4.0 and all is well.Im worried now about the enb series beta that you mentioned damaging my graphics card,its running about 79% in- game at the moment on NVidea gtx580.Night time is very dark as well,but ill sort that.thanks again.

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (russ angel @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 10:46)
Thanks for the advice,i have reinstalled and patched to 1.0.4.0 and all is well.Im worried now about the enb series beta that you mentioned damaging my graphics card,its running about 79% in- game at the moment on NVidea gtx580.Night time is very dark as well,but ill sort that.thanks again.

There isn't a newer package out there that doesn't use the 0082 Beta d3d9.dll. All you need to do is make sure you have a GPU fan control program like eVGA precision for Nvidia cars.

Turn your fan up to at least %60 and check now and again what your temps are under full load of ENB / IceNHancer. Comfortable GPU temps are from 60-85'ish. Anything higher than that I would turn up the fan more. I don't even like 80 degrees but Nvidia says the cards are designed to take 90 degrees and higher. I'd air on the side of caution.

Yes, many ENB packages require 1004 at the highest (Patch 5). That's what the issue really is. Sorry for the late reply after the first, chaos is as chaos does. colgate.gif

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:55 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 01 February 2012 - 07:58 PM.

Additionally I have to mention that these video card corruptions have been reported not many times. So this is not a common problem at all.
I never ever had issues with my GTX460, she never goes above 80°C. So you can try it without beeing worried I think but have two open eyes then!
I believe problems with this ENB version only occured on older cards that already were up to their limits with this performance hungry game.
I donīt use any special fan control tool but nevertheless measure the temps in any case.

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

This game + GTX580 = nightmare

- GTX580 Owner

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (Vintage88 @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 22:59)
This game + GTX580 = nightmare

- GTX580 Owner

Why? Never heard something bad about this card before.

gonnaenodaethat
  • gonnaenodaethat

Yellow Car!!!

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:07 PM Edited by gonnaenodaethat, 01 February 2012 - 10:27 PM.

As you are using a Nvidia card download their official NVIDIA System Tools app which allows you to vary the fan speed to your liking:

link

When installed make a shortcut to your toolbar so that you can easily alter settings.

There isn't a newer package out there that doesn't use the 0082 Beta d3d9.dll. All you need to do is make sure you have a GPU fan control program like eVGA precision for Nvidia cars.

Not true - there is one exception which is RealityIV ENB Beta V1.0 by DKT70 - I swear by this version as it is the most realistic ENB availaible in my opinion and uses the 0.79 d3d9.dll so it doesn't sweat your GPU - the download link is in Mr. Packet's most excellent ENB Screenshot thread here:

link

& DKT70's Youtube channel:

link

I currently get a pretty reasonable 20 - 25fps on my humblish system with it on high/ultra - looking at your specs I would guess you would probably hit double my results.

Hope this helps you out.

russ angel
  • russ angel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:23 AM

Thanks for all the help,if i download the beta V1.0 will i be able to just overwrite the 00.82 beta?

gonnaenodaethat
  • gonnaenodaethat

Yellow Car!!!

• Members

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:17 AM

Probably best to do a clean install to avoid any conflicts from your current ENB.

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

Yes it's always best to do a clean install. Usually copying the original version install of 1.0.0.0 for example to a "backup" location and then just copying the whole folder back to Program Files serves %90 pf the reinstall purpose. Once in a while you will have to do a complete reinstall from scratch if you used an installer or .exe for a mod. I never liked .exe installers because I always have problems afterwards.

As to the video card corruption: It's not common but does happen. As a eVGA GTS 450 1GB Superclocked owner, temps are a nightmare unless that fan is cranked. I use headphones most of the time now because %70-%80 fan improves performance heaps!

All good. Nothing touches GTA IV with iCEnHancer / ENB + all the mods you can ask for. icon14.gif

russ angel
  • russ angel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

OK! Clean install patched to 1.0.4.0. Im using Reality IV beta 1.0a and Ultimate textures v2.0 and Road Textures by Fionas dont know yet if I prefer it without Reality have to tweak it a bit.My nvidea control panel wont run it just hangs and at the moment the GTX580 is running at 80%.i like Ultimate textures standalone but its got jagged edges and shimmering of objects,thats the only problem.The help is appreciated.Thanks again.What would be your ideal mod set with my rig?
i7 2600k @3.40 3.70GHz
4x4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory
Intel 311 20GB 2.5 SATA 6GB Solid State Hard Drive
2x Western Digital Caviar Green Power 1TB 64MB Cache Hard Drives
Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68 (socket 1155 Motherboard
Nvidea gtx580 1536Mb Graphics
corsair h80 liquid cooler
Novotech Powerstation Black Edition 750w psu
Windows 7 Ultimate

russ angel
  • russ angel

Player Hater