» «
Photo

Cheating in Multiplayer

43 replies to this topic
Puffalump
  • Puffalump

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:51 PM Edited by Puffalump, 29 January 2012 - 09:54 PM.

Should everyone assume there is cheating in multiplayer - just play to play and no real competition to speak of ? I wish games weren't destroyed this way.

Taken today at 4:12 - 4:14pm EST in team mafiya work (PC version), user list was several minutes later after i reentered.

http://imageshack.us...2pm1292012.jpg/

http://imageshack.us...pm1292012b.jpg/

copsncrooksfan
  • copsncrooksfan

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:28 PM

Yes, on all platforms!!

Puffalump
  • Puffalump

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

If that's the case, then the only competition there could possibly be, is if everyone cheated.

So unless it's "fixed", they should make multiplayer cheats easily accessible to everyone.

copsncrooksfan
  • copsncrooksfan

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

I play on ps3 and the biggest prob seems to be turbo controllers at the moment. Who has them and who doesn't is hard to tell.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

Noire720 was cheating a lot today, it was probably him.

just play to play and no real competition to speak of ?

Well Player matches are just for fun, its not supposed to be competitive, if you want to have good competitive match you need to play in Ranked, cheaters cant cheat in Ranked unless they are host and in Ranked there are cheaters usualy only in Hangmans NOOSE not in other modes

Puffalump
  • Puffalump

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Sunday, Jan 29 2012, 23:05)

Well Player matches are just for fun, its not supposed to be competitive

Sorry, but i disagree. The fun is in the competition, or we'd all be messing around in free mode, which I find totally boring.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:35 AM Edited by SARDYNA108, 30 January 2012 - 12:42 AM.

QUOTE (Puffalump @ Monday, Jan 30 2012, 00:10)
QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Sunday, Jan 29 2012, 23:05)

Well Player matches are just for fun, its not supposed to be competitive

Sorry, but i disagree. The fun is in the competition, or we'd all be messing around in free mode, which I find totally boring.

Than you should play in Ranked matches not Player, Player matches cant be competitive becouse if you join in progress you have less chances to win and no one takes it seriously. Also Player matches can be easily ruined by kids with cheats like you already know - in Ranked it wont happend

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:13 AM Edited by Karjerker, 31 January 2012 - 11:53 AM.

Of late I've been trying out my GTA-IV skills in the free roaming mode in the multiplayer games and have encountered several players who seem to be able to ignore being killed - mainly because they're cheating. You have to ask what sort of sick mentality moves a person to go into a live user situation only to hunt them down without giving them a chance to fight back. Today for example, I had one really lippy little creep log into an open game who thought was enormous fun to keep blowing me and other players away with a RPG, until they began logging out in disgust ... as for me, I'm an accomplished pilot and had enormous fun flying rings around his head and ramming him off of the highway with my blades ... something which he really didn't enjoy very much.

I'm hoping that he got the point, especially after I informed him that the problem with bullies is, sooner or later they meet a bigger one - the only difference being that I don't use cheats. He might not have been able to die, but he sure wasn't enjoying himself and he could not kill me. The ''hunter'' suddenly learned what it was to be hunted.

Jasper Petrol
  • Jasper Petrol

Xin Lỗi

• Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

I've read a lot of posts about cheats spoiling the multiplayer games since the games release. Is it worse now than in the past? I gave up multiplayer gaming a long time ago because of cheating.

I'm thinking of giving multiplayer another go, is Party Mode the only cheat-free game mode. [unless you invite a cheat into the game]

I don't use cheats, mods or trainers. I play on PC.

EvilDog77
  • EvilDog77

Unequaled C4 Whore

• Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:40 PM Edited by EvilDog77, 30 January 2012 - 01:43 PM.

I've got a system that works for me (most of the time): Keep a list!

Every time you see a hacker trashing the game, jot their gamertag down. Keep this up and eventually you'll have a good list of all regular offenders are so you can auto-kick them whenever they join a game that you're hosting. Be wary though that not all modders are there to trash the game. Some just like to do their own thing and/or f*ck about with their modder mates.

I would have posted my list a while back but I've noticed that such lists get removed pretty quickly, so keep yours to yourself.

Jasper Petrol
  • Jasper Petrol

Xin Lỗi

• Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

That sound like good advice,

I will make sure that I've got a pencil handy at all times

Thanks Evildog77

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (EvilDog77 @ Monday, Jan 30 2012, 13:40)
I've got a system that works for me (most of the time): Keep a list!

Every time you see a hacker trashing the game, jot their gamertag down. Keep this up and eventually you'll have a good list of all regular offenders are so you can auto-kick them whenever they join a game that you're hosting.

Well that works as long as the cheater dont have kick cheat, if he has the only thing you can do is type someone else gamertag in match name so he dont know whos host, if cheaters see Im host they join and kick me without second so I dont have any chance to kick them first, also good idea is to dislike every cheater in LIVE than he cant see your servers in custom match

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:20 PM

The list idea is an excellent one, and you may have noticed that under LIVE that a list of recent gamers is stored - all you need to do is consult this and if any specific names give you a ''red alert'' report them, even write a nice little commentary about their habits and that I believe will be made public, thus (in theory) shaming them into changing their ways ... not that I believe this will happen for a moment.

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

Get the Gun,Get the Gun,shoot,shoot,shoot

• Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (Puffalump @ Monday, Jan 30 2012, 00:10)
or we'd all be messing around in free mode, which I find totally boring.

If you are the kind of player who wants to level up and wants to be competative then I could guess that cheaters,hackers and turbo controllers could be a pain in the ar*e.
I play 99.99% freemode on ps3. Many think its boring but in all the years I have played I dont ever recall thinking, 'Damn that guy must have a turbo'. And if someones hiding in a glitch, I find a way to kill them, theres always a way. I try to play with friends, usually 4 or 5 of them in each game, that way if you spot someone you feel is not playing fair, you have the numbers that can easily take care of them.
1 final thing, here on psn there is a grief report service.Its a pretty crappy servive that requires a messege from the alledged cheater, which you then report (theres about 8 options, bullying,offensive language etc etc)
[QUOTE]
If you dont take this game to seriously then freemode is the ideal place to play.Its somewhere where you can practice all your skills in 1 place.Its always busy, no sitting in lobbies. I'd encourage everyone to play more freemode, theres no rules there.

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

Well, it's now 01:20 hours in the United Kingdom and about half an hour ago I got out of a multiplayer game due to one particularly nasty foul-mouthed little scumbag being abusive in text towards the whole group. This did not upset me, it merely irritated me as it was clear the was picking out targets and verbally abusing them in order to see if they would rise to it. So, I took it on myself to contact the offended parties and ask them if they were filing complaints and most of them had no idea how to do it. I explained the basics and then logged out. Does anyone know if a listing is kept anywhere? I would love to add to it. If it was catalogued alphabetically and via country of origin it would be relatively simple to cross-reference offending players - especially if it was possible to write a short ''review'' of their actions, attitude, etc. Anyone want to handle this one? I have some HTML experience but its not enough to create workable forms.

As Jasper Petrol has suggested elsewhere in this thread, I may begin using the Party Mode from now on if these creeps deem it necessary to ruin everyone elses enjoyment of group effort combat.

Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

you're about to be inadequate

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:19 AM

Hey Puffalump , haven't seen you in a while here.
Anyway there's always been cheaters on PC as I'm sure you're aware. The goal is usually to avoid them. There are usually a few really big games going with on with no cheating. I have a few friends playing still and when I look, either they are playing CNC or TMW. If you can get in playing with those guys you should be able to get some good games and have few cheaters if any.
Some times it is fun playing with the cheaters if you can turn the tables on them like Karjerker said.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (Puffalump @ Sunday, Jan 29 2012, 21:51)
Should everyone assume there is cheating in multiplayer - just play to play and no real competition to speak of ? I wish games weren't destroyed this way.

Taken today at 4:12 - 4:14pm EST in team mafiya work (PC version), user list was several minutes later after i reentered.

I saw a similar thing happen twice. It makes players be unable to run or shoot. I assume that it makes them into an easy target. This started to happen when someone beat the cheater and the cheater did this in retaliation. The cheater was yelling with his mic so I could tell that he was angry. Then he shot down the other players one by one. I got out of that game quickly.

Another cheat I saw recently was someone hiding inside an airport building that was supposed to be locked up. That cheater was able to shoot at us through the walls. I tried shooting and throwing stick bombs but neither worked.

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

The Highway Reapers MC Vice President

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (Shyabang Shyabang @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 02:46)

I saw a similar thing happen twice. It makes players be unable to run or shoot. I assume that it makes them into an easy target. This started to happen when someone beat the cheater and the cheater did this in retaliation. The cheater was yelling with his mic so I could tell that he was angry. Then he shot down the other players one by one. I got out of that game quickly.

Another cheat I saw recently was someone hiding inside an airport building that was supposed to be locked up. That cheater was able to shoot at us through the walls. I tried shooting and throwing stick bombs but neither worked.

i have seen this airport glitch twice...

once around the Helicopter Spawn point... he hid in the building with the trailers... there are stairs to the right of it to get the roof... anywase, the second is hiding in the main terminal itself... it's adjacnt to the car park, it's the C lookin thing... lol

i personally think that cheaters need to get lives and f*ck off...

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (StonersDarkness @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 04:25)

once around the Helicopter Spawn point... he hid in the building with the trailers... there are stairs to the right of it to get the roof... anywase, the second is hiding in the main terminal itself... it's adjacnt to the car park, it's the C lookin thing... lol

Its a glitch not cheat

xHIGHWAY_REAPERx
  • xHIGHWAY_REAPERx

Mr. Reaper.

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 14:01)

Its a glitch not cheat

Glitching is a form of cheating.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (xHIGHWAY_REAPERx @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 14:21)

Its a glitch not cheat

No its not, Im one of the best glitchers in GTA IV but I never cheat and I hate cheaters

copsncrooksfan
  • copsncrooksfan

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 14:48)

Its a glitch not cheat

No its not, Im one of the best glitchers in GTA IV but I never cheat and I hate cheaters

If you use a glitch in any of the game modes, to get an advantage over everyone else, your CHEATING!!!!!!!!

xHIGHWAY_REAPERx
  • xHIGHWAY_REAPERx

Mr. Reaper.

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

Cheating:

In video games, cheating can take the form of secret access codes in single-player games which unlock a bonus for the player when entered, and add-ons or exploits which give players an unfair advantage in online multiplayer games.

Puffalump
  • Puffalump

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Monday, Jan 30 2012, 00:35)
. Also Player matches can be easily ruined by kids with cheats like you already know - in Ranked it wont happend

Sorry again, but I completed level 10 long ago in ranked and I saw many kids messing around with huge firebombs and so on in ranked as well. So I don't think you're entirely correct about cheating not happening in ranked matches.

Puffalump
  • Puffalump

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (Captain_Obvis456 @ Tuesday, Jan 31 2012, 02:19)
Hey Puffalump , haven't seen you in a while here.
Anyway there's always been cheaters on PC as I'm sure you're aware. The goal is usually to avoid them.

Hi Captain, good to see you. I don't come here often but thought posting a screencap would be a good idea.

It's not the obvious cheaters that bother me, it's the subtle ones. For instance slowly passing you in a race then you see them boost like mad once theyre a bit ahead of you, thinking you can't see it, or the people who rarely seem to die even with several headshots. Things of that nature.

I just am hoping (probably against hope) that the developers eventually figure out a way in future games to put a curb on some of it if people complain enough. I don't know enough about coding or the peer to peer environment to know if prevention is even possible.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:36 PM Edited by SARDYNA108, 01 February 2012 - 07:39 PM.

QUOTE (copsncrooksfan @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 15:27)

Its a glitch not cheat

If you use a glitch in any of the game modes, to get an advantage over everyone else, your CHEATING!!!!!!!!

Everyone do that and no one complains about it, to be good player means to use glitches in way that gives as big adventage as possible... thats how it works, at least on PC

Sorry again, but I completed level 10 long ago in ranked and I saw many kids messing around with huge firebombs and so on in ranked as well. So I don't think you're entirely correct about cheating not happening in ranked matches.

That means you played on another patch, there is no cheaters in ranked since 1.0.7.0 patch was released

copsncrooksfan
  • copsncrooksfan

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 19:36)

Its a glitch not cheat

Everyone do that and no one complains about it, to be good player means to use glitches in way that gives as big adventage as possible... thats how it works, at least on PC

That means you played on another patch, there is no cheaters in ranked since 1.0.7.0 patch was released

Glad I don't play pc. People who use glitches on ps3 seemed to be pretty looked down upon by the better players. A good/skilled player is one who does not need to use glitches and turbo controllers to gain advantage.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (copsncrooksfan @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 23:03)

Its a glitch not cheat

Glad I don't play pc. People who use glitches on ps3 seemed to be pretty looked down upon by the better players. A good/skilled player is one who does not need to use glitches and turbo controllers to gain advantage.

Every aspect of this game is glitched, even most simple like driving and shooting so I dont know how can you play without glitches on PS3

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

The Highway Reapers MC Vice President

• Members

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

im with everyone else on this... GLITCHING IS CHEATING!!!!!

so keep crying... GLITCHER... you can keep getting your easy kills behind your walls... ill just stay the f*ck away from ya... tounge.gif

copsncrooksfan
  • copsncrooksfan

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Thursday, Feb 2 2012, 00:14)
QUOTE (copsncrooksfan @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 23:03)

Its a glitch not cheat

Every aspect of this game is glitched, even most simple like driving and shooting so I dont know how can you play without glitches on PS3

What do you mean every aspect is glitched? I don't believe this to be true.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users