Photo

High rises and mice

21 replies to this topic
YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

Software Engineer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:12 AM Edited by YankeesPwnMets, 28 January 2012 - 06:14 AM.

I live in Manhattan, and my neighbors are complete slobs. Also, they are doing some renovations meaning that all their pests are starting to invade my place. I've always considered the thought to move very high up in a midtown Manhattan high rise. Will this solve a rodent problem?

I've given up trying to get rid of them. As far as I'm concerned, pretty much every apartment building owned by some random ass dude from the NYC Housing Authority has mice and roach infestation. I've seen enough of this online and my friends who live on the 5th floor up don't seem to have pest problems. If I live high up (say 22nd floor) , can mice still reach me?

The Housing Code requires landlords to fix this, but as many times and you drive them out more and more of these pieces of cocksh*ts will move back in.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

Height won't make a difference, or I should say little difference. It's how close to their food supply you live. All vermin seek food, and then a nice comfortable home.

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

Which is why you always find them near fast food outlets, because the food is every where. Hight is no problem, and neither is water, so before you think of living on a ship...

Waste
  • Waste

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

Make them into and army and take over New York.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Saturday, Jan 28 2012, 06:39)
All vermin seek food, and then a nice comfortable home.

So do I, does that make me a vermin? whatsthat.gif Or should I post this in the Have a Question topic?

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

Get a cat and say goodbye to mice.

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (fgcarva1 @ Sunday, Jan 29 2012, 00:40)

So do I, does that make me a vermin?

yes.

SmellyJelly
  • SmellyJelly

Hoodies

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Saturday, Jan 28 2012, 09:45)

But then you're stuck with a cat.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (SmellyJelly @ Saturday, Jan 28 2012, 10:30)

That's simple, just get a dog to get rid of the cat.

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Saturday, Jan 28 2012, 16:44)
QUOTE (SmellyJelly @ Saturday, Jan 28 2012, 10:30)

That's simple, just get a dog to get rid of the cat.

Why don't we just buy the old woman now and be done with all this sh!t?

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Picture me rollin.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

What do you do for a living to be able to afford to live in midtown manhattan? Anyway just buy mouse traps.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:28 PM Edited by lil weasel, 28 January 2012 - 09:34 PM.

QUOTE (fgcarva1 @ Saturday, Jan 28 2012, 14:40)

So do I, does that make me a vermin? [...]

If you are Human, then I believe you may qualify, as most Us seem to be. One way or another. smile.gif

I Like cats. We had occasionaly mice, until we had three cats. The cats have died off because of various illness and accidents but the mice haven't come back. It's been five years, now.

There are many 'Hoax's that Asian Restaurants have uses for mice and rat meat.

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

-

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

I've got a mouse in my house, and whilst that poetry I just wrote is mildly humorous, that little bastard is really getting on my nerves. He's all big and hard when he's taunting me from under the washing machine or gobbing off to his friends, but he daren't come out and face me like a man. We've got some "humane" traps which are meant to catch them alive, presumably designed so when you catch them you can interrogate and waterboard the little sh*ts into coughing up their secrets.

So far he hasn't even touched the damned thing. He'll get what's coming to him though, I'll see to that...

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

THAT fella.

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

We used to have a mouse that lived in our garden that came over from a neighbours house, but our cats got rid of it very quickly.

We even used to have rat problems in the past, and the cats helped get rid of them too. Well I say the cats but what really got rid of them was a big rock, and rat poison (but that doesn't seem to work anymore, so we debate sometimes whether to just let the cats underneath the floorboards to catch the buggers).

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

In the later days of the last century we had those live traps. I would check them everyday, but the mice were always (except once) dead.

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

Software Engineer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Gtaman_92 @ Saturday, Jan 28 2012, 12:51)
What do you do for a living to be able to afford to live in midtown manhattan? Anyway just buy mouse traps.

Mice in New York are different. I swear they must be adapted to sniff out traps because I once saw a mouse get next to a trap with peanut butter, sniffed the trap, then walk off. These creatures are real smartasses when it comes to traps.

Anyways, I work in the IT Biz. I don't need the biggest apartment out there, just one with space and that has clean neighbors. Also, some apartment buildings like the Chelsea Vanguard are about $3000 a month, which is not too bad for me. The Mid Manhattan apartments do cost a pretty penny, so I've been debating to stay around the Upper West Side, the 23rd St ish area or Midtown, like 59 st or something.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

anti-pasto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Saturday, Jan 28 2012, 20:15)

Oh hell no.

Only get a cat if you don't mind blood and bits of dead mice everywhere.

A cat WILL f*ck your sh*t up.

I'd rather live in a house full of mice than have to clean up dead mice bits and blood all the time.

That and if the mouse is dead in a place that's hard to see, its gonna stink up your entire place like you wouldn't believe.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:43 PM Edited by lil weasel, 31 January 2012 - 12:48 PM.

The cats I had would if they took it alive would bite a leg and lick the blood up as it leaked out (one especially liked young rabbits). Otherwise they fliped and tossed it around as a toy. Never had one that was so starved as to actually eat one.

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

kokot
  • kokot

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

There's a mouse in my house, so I bought a cat
The cat ran away, cause now there's a rat
I'm on the attack with my baseball bat
That one rap brought many of us back
All through my house I set up traps
It seem like the rats have a map
But nowadays I don't know how to act
So now I feed the rats crack

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

my london apartment is located on the 30th floor and i've been living here for the past 3 years or so, havent seen mice or any rodents/pests etc.

it might be down to building regulations where residents arent allowed to dispose of their own trash

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:48 PM Edited by Stinky12, 31 January 2012 - 07:51 PM.

I saw a rodent once, climbing up the exterior of a apartment building in board daylight and disappear though the 4th floor.
Why 4th floor, but not the rest below or above? confused.gif lol.gif
You may want to try a electronic rodent repellent. I used to have one that can switch frequency so it can either drive away
cockroaches or rodents. They probably still sell them at Costco, Home Depot, and other hardware places.

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

-

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Well we've had mice in the house for what seems like ages, and we just couldn't catch the little blighters. Then a family friend recommended using a little bit of bread with peanutbutter spread on it to put in the traps. WE CAUGHT 4 OF THE F*CKERS IN 1 DAY! Peanutbutter is the most effective mouse catching substance known to man.

2 Were caught overnight, then we restocked the traps and I was the only one in the house in the evening. I came down and I heard a clacking noise in the kitchen, and there was another one. They're supposed to be humane traps, although they're not really that humane. The poor thing had its hind leg caught in the trap and was trying to drag itself under the freezer, but of course it wouldn't fit. I wasn't sure what to do with it, I contemplated smashing its noggin' in with some blunt instrument, but I just couldn't do it. In the end I put it in a bucket, still attached to the trap and then took it to a field and released it from the trap and bucket.

Then 20 minutes after I'd released it there was another one caught! I did the same with that one and released it. Crazy day yesterday, although it is a bit worrying that we had/have so many of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users