Quantcast

» «
Photo

"Inside Job" a documentary about the 2008 crisis.

4 replies to this topic
Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Just watched this documentary.*

Tbh I'm shocked. I was blown away.
Not that I didn't already know what was going on and what happened in 2008 but realizing how easily and how deeply investment banks control the US Government Financial policies it is really terrifying.
And it's all done in broad daylight.

It's also a good documentary cause it explains very clearly how the bubble was built and wtf are all of those financial products you heard on the news and that sent world economy in deep sh*t and a few lucky ones into unbelievable wealth.
Definitely "a crime story like no other in history".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1645089/

http://en.wikipedia....side_Job_(film)

What do you think? Have you watched it?

*I made a search so I hope I'm not posting a duplicated topic. Also, if this belongs to the movie section than please move it.
Although I think it belongs this section. wink.gif

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

You could absolutely say the financial crisis was an inside job. If repealing Glass Steagal, Garn St- Germain, Reagan era legislation allowing banks to give a mortgage to any dick in the ass on the side of the road, etc etc, is not an inside job, I don't know what is.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

I expected that. Mad world it is. All about the f*cking money. bored.gif

vinnygorgeous
  • vinnygorgeous

"Crash JP Morgan buy silver"

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

How long can the likes of Jamie Dimon stay out of jail? Well with the likes of Tim Geithner and Mary Schapiro in their corner I'd say jail time is out of the question. And let’s not forget my country’s role, Americans and Europeans can all thank us for having a prime minister whose main priority is keeping the UK the go to place to commit financial crime. Don't all thank us at once, your austerity measures are all the thanks we need.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:26 AM

I was more fascinated with the part in the film that revealed some of the culture and attitudes all the big cats have. I don't remember which bank it was, but a CEO if I remember his position correctly, had a private elevator built for his office for his own use only, so that he could encounter less people on his way to work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users