Quantcast

» «
Photo

How are car rotations expressed in a WPL?

2 replies to this topic
LOKIOLR
  • LOKIOLR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

So I've been trying to figure this out for a few days now. It doesn't look exactly like a quaternion, radeon, or eular measurement. Here's what I think it might be:

WPL (Stream section)
Unknown 4 - quaternion real (expressed in an unusual way?)
Unknown 5 - quaternion j (expressed in an unusual way?)
Unknown 6 - degree of variation

I think Unknown 4 & 5 could be a single axis quaternion set since cars would only need to be rotated along the Z axis (they're kind of rotated then dropped by the game since spawning a vehicle at a higher elevation always results with it being on the next solid object below it).

I believe Unknown 6 has to do with some sort of randomization or variation since I can record the heading angle using the simple native trainer on certain vehicle spawns with the exact same values in the WPL and the heading angles are all very different (within a few degrees =/-)

Any thoughts on this? I'm trying to develop something to take vehicles objects placed via the simple native trainer's object spawner and translate them into something that can be imported into a WPL file. I have everything done except for the rotations. I just have to find how they are expressed in the WPL files so I can setup the translating.

Any ideas?

ZBNYNC
  • ZBNYNC

Texture Modder

• Members

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

This should be posted in the "IV VEHICLES" thread

LOKIOLR
  • LOKIOLR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (ZBNYNC @ Thursday, Jan 26 2012, 21:27)
This should be posted in the "IV VEHICLES" thread

No, this would be the correct forum. WPL's are for object and vehicle placement. The rotation values are a part of the vehicle placement portion or Stream section of the WPL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users