Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

First off, my Laptop's Specs
AMD 2.30 GHZ
1 TB HDD
2 GB of RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4250 with 512 MB
Windows 7 Ultimate

now my problem
It seems Vice City And San Andreas hate each other.
If I have just one installed, Vice City or San Andreas, the game will load up on Vice City or San Andreas.
But If i have both installed here's what happens:
I can get to the main menu, but when i start a new game, it crashes upon loading 80% of the game.
San Andreas will not start at all, it changes my theme for Windows 7 to Basic to start the game, then it closes, changing my theme back to Aero.

Help?

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:08 PM

it changes my theme for Windows 7 to Basic to start the game, then it closes, changing my theme back to Aero.

That's perfectly normal, as SA does not support Aero, as it came out before Vista and 7....

But, I have GTA III, VC, SA, IV, and EFLC-both Retail and Steam, and have no problems, with that being said, it leads me to the Troubleshooting topic questions as posted by Justin(a Moderator):

What is your Processor?
What is the Processor Speed?
What is the Ram?
What is the Video card?
What is the vram?
How much dedicated vram?
What is the Sound card?
What is the OS?
Do you have the latest SP for the OS-ie. SP3 for XP, SP2 for Vista, and SP1 for 7?
Any mods or trainers?
Any Daemon tools or the like installed on PC?-these can cause problems with games.

Is this the Retail(DVD) version OR a Downloaded version?
If Downloaded, from where?
If Retail, Is this the Original DVD OR a Copy of the DVD OR a No-DVD crack?

Note it is DVD for SA and CD for VC...

Please answer ALL the above questions, so we can better help you...

If you need help finding the information, go to Start, Run(if XP)/Search if Vista or 7 and type in DXDIAG and press Enter, the first page is basic PC info, then the Display tab is Video card info., Sound tab=Sound card...

Also, for SA is this V1, V2, or V3-noted at the bottom of the main menu OR if Retail it will say "Second Edition" on the box for V2, and nothing for V1-although, V1 has not been sold since June 2005, so you will have to cite a source of the game if you say V1....HTH

gtaxbox360
  • gtaxbox360

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

Processor: AMD
Processor Speed: 2.30 GHz
2 GB Ram
Video card: ATI Radeon HD 4250
vram: 512 MB
dedicated vram: 512 MB
Sound card: Realtek High Definition Audio
No Service Packs
No mods or trainers
Daemon tools, Poweriso, Alcohol 120%, ultraiso, winmount, and nero
Downloaded from the The Pirate Bay

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:56 PM Edited by radioman, 25 January 2012 - 08:59 PM.

Downloaded from the The Pirate Bay

There's the problem right there-you have an illegal version-BUY the game legally, it is less than $10 now a days at any Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, Amazon.com OR their online counterparts...OR get the Legal Download from either Steam or D2D, and you will have no problems...These are the problems with illegal downloads-they are full of problems...

Why Download illegally when the games are dirt cheap now a days? confused.gif Also, GTAForums has a No Warez rule, as seen here in the Pinned Announcements topic. Thanks for your cooperation...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users