Photo

[REL] Kapu Pohaku Island Mod

11 replies to this topic
Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:34 AM Edited by Midnightz, 16 March 2013 - 07:02 PM.

KAPU POHAKU ISLAND MOD by Midnightz

There are suspicions that Cris Formage of The Epsilon Cult built the island in the late 1980s using funds collected from Epsilon Program members. It is unknown when the island was abandoned or who last resided there but the grounds have been well maintained by... someone. The property is listed for sale far below current market value which presents a unique investment opportunity for you. Amenities include a new luxury safe house (unused interior) with save point, a private boat and helicopter. You will also find a campground w/functional fire-pit, flower and vegetable gardens, self-sustaining green energy (ex. satellite dish, solar panels, water tower) and a private stream complete with bridges and a docile pet shark. A few surprises await you... wink.gif

Kapu Pohaku Island is a map modification (add-on) designed for use with GTA: San Andreas on PC. It does NOT include new game objects, it only uses existing (default) objects created by Rockstar Games. The placement and orientation of the objects however, are from my imagination. LOD files have been placed so that you can see the island and larger objects from a distance. The underground areas are culled to prevent rain and other conditions from existing in that space. Included is an audio zone that is triggered when entering that area. Pedestrians do spawn on the island, yes. When you purchase the island from within the game, the cost of it will be added to your budget stats but zero game progress is made. This map works seamlessly with many available and popular texture mods.

INSTALLATION, UPDATES, MISSIONS, BUGS ETC.

CURRENT VERSION (1.2)

Some users have experienced game markers teleporting to the wrong locations or not all markers are loading during gameplay. This can be caused by any mods that add/edit/delete ENEX markers by any method because there is a limit to the number of entrances/exits allowed.

This version may help to prevent the marker pool from breaking the game limit with number of ENEX saved. New saves should work fine but if this fix doesn't help your current saved game after re-saving, try clearing the marker pool within the save file itself. If you need help, try asking hmvartak to fix your save file.

- Please follow the installation instructions in the included README.TXT.
- Updates will be announced here and uploaded to GTAGarage.
- There are 2 known bugs (completely harmless ones) and they are noted in the README.TXT so please do not report them here.
- In the future, I plan to release additional CLEO scripts for the island. If you've written any, you're welcome to post it here for others to play.

I would appreciate it if you'd rate this mod at GTAGarage and YouTube. Thank you for downloading and enjoy! biggrin.gif
-Midnightz

RECOMMENDED MODS

Tropical Ocean Texture Mod by Midnightz: Download
Bloody Bodybags v2.0 Texture Mod by Midnightz: Download (forgot to credit myself in my own video, lol)
Real Hi-Res Plant Textures by Tony Resta: Download
Better Chainsaw by Khardynyl: Download
Shark Model & Texture by ZAZ: Download
Timesyc by Lil'Q: Download
ENBSeries: Download

YouTube [HD] TRAILER

SCREENSHOTS & DOWNLOAD LINK @GTAGARAGE

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

Note: Deleted version 1.0 download (lost my download count, oops) but there's a version 1.1 download now available.

Terreur69
  • Terreur69

C2C - Down The Road

• Members
  • France

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

very beautiful creations , good work !

EverLost123
  • EverLost123

EverLost

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (Midnightz @ Friday, Jan 27 2012, 12:16)
Note: Deleted version 1.0 download (lost my download count, oops) but there's a version 1.1 download now available.

Guess it was uploaded on Megaupload then it closes and you lost the file?

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

Thank you terreur69, I appreciate that! smile.gif

EverLost123: I don't know how many downloads were at the temporary link. The original release was also on GTAGarage and downloaded something like 80 times. But I deleted that file so that people would get the newest version and lost my download count. lol.gif Now the download stats reflect only the newest file release. sigh.gif I guess I won't be deleting previous file versions from GTAGarage anymore, lol.

Aashu
  • Aashu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

Does it works in samp?

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

This was made for single player. AFAIK, the only mods allowed for SAMP are texture mods. I think there's an editor for making compatible maps for SAMP special servers so maybe it could be converted as an add-on.

BEASTXxWOLF
  • BEASTXxWOLF

AlcatrazIV

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:12 PM Edited by BEASTXxWOLF, 13 April 2012 - 01:18 PM.

Do you mind if i upload a dyom i made on the island?

p.s. ive not been on gtasa for awhile,where is the island because i forgot

Dilys95
  • Dilys95

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:04 AM

user posted imageNote: Deleted version 1.0 download (lost my download count, oops) but there's a version 1.1 download now available.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (BEASTXxWOLF @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 09:12)

p.s. ive not been on gtasa for awhile,where is the island because i forgot

That's okay, yes. smile.gif But please link to my island mod files instead of including them in yours. Why: I have not yet examined DYOM or how it works yet.

If you make a DYOM based off this map, please add your link here too. I'd like to see it. wink.gif

deee1206
  • deee1206

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:18 AM Edited by Girish, 30 July 2012 - 06:34 AM.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

New version 1.2 includes a bug fix. See the first post in this thread for details. I've uploaded the package to gtagarage and it's pending approval.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users