Photo

The Splinter Cell

73 replies to this topic
abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

Yep, I know that, I've played a splinter cell game. What I meant to say is that there should be gaurds patrolling and some workers, your missions are good as they are, no doubt. Just a few things to be improved and splinter cell will be remade in san by you!
I realize that those missions would've taken a lot of hard-work, time and planning and it all payed off. You're cool and your missions are cool! I'm waiting for the next missions, wonder when we're going to catch Kobin, I think we'll probably catch him, i don't expect any twists here but one thing- its really crazy that Sam can't break that door or pick the lock. Also I was talking about all the missions.

I am thinking that these missions will offer the splinter cell gameplay and experience and san andreas, hence the above expectations. Guide me if I'm wrong.
Good missions and good job!
G o o d w o r k a n d g o o d l u c k!

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:41 PM Edited by ThaBoY, 31 January 2012 - 08:02 PM.

Which Splinter Cell did you played.
Cuz I've The Splinter Cell Conviction and I'm trying to make my missions like that one.
But I know what you're sayin' cuz I also have 3 Splinter Cell games for PS2 and they're totally different from the last one.

Planning? Me? Haha, I don't have any planning skills friend biggrin.gif
But it needed a lot of hard work and time to create the missions, that's true.

You're cool and your missions are cool!

Thanks biggrin.gif
Happy to hear that cool.gif
Thanks again biggrin.gif

But about the twists, don't think that....
I'm full of suprises.... ph34r.gif

But you aren't totally right about the lock-pick thing.
In the normal SC games you can pick the doors but in the last one (convicton), you can't.
At least I can't pick locks at the moment.
But I 'll add it for sure in the next missions, good idea icon14.gif

I am thinking that these missions will offer the splinter cell gameplay and experience and san andreas, hence the above expectations. Guide me if I'm wrong.

I 'll do the best I can.
But you're totally right on this one biggrin.gif

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Then we're party-rocking when the next missions come baby!

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:23 PM Edited by Doublepulse, 31 January 2012 - 09:26 PM.

Yep strangely, Conviction was the one I liked the best, I have played the others like the first one, Chaos Theory, and some of Double Agent, but the controls were not all that great. Regardless of all the different opinions bashing it saying it really was not "Splinter Cell", I still think it did some good improvements and I had fun. In fact I actually was playing Conviction pretty recently . I was playing hunter with no gadgets and just pistols on realistic difficulty. That is pretty difficult. If you are curious which console, I actually play it on PC/Mac using the Onlive Service. Basically playing the game through an internet connection without any downloads. Anyway enough with the off-topic advertising tounge.gif . (My bad). PM me if you want more info though. Regardless whether you pay for the game, if you sign up. We could play together on there sometime biggrin.gif

So I played the third mission. It was really good with some challenge, even though I liked the first 2 better because of the open area. I found out it is a lot harder to escape someone with a combat shotgun vs M4.

- Im glad regardless of all the critics about the "weather", you still go forward with it. Some of the decisions have to be made yourself. It really does change the feeling of the interior and makes it slightly more bluish dark. It looks good for stealth.

-I think on some of the actors you forgot to add a loop route on them. But I cannot prove it otherwise.

- The SMG given to the player, offers a choice for action vs stealth, which is good! But I am not sure if giving it to the player as a pickup is a good idea . If you want your missions to be more encouraged by stealth, you can have the player be forced to pick up his enemies weapons to use if he needs to, I say this mainly due to the 9999 ammo on the pickup.

-Now on the second thought, the AI of the actors really makes you reconsider using the SMG. Even though it is an SA problem, I found out, when I used SMG, it completely destroyed the element of stealth. Regardless whether the next enemy has seen me or not.. and he was facing the other way, he would turn around and start shooting me. He heard the noise of the SMG. So it is really is an advantage just to kill the enemies with just the silence pistol.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:59 PM

Thanks for yor feedback doublepulse biggrin.gif
I don't know why but you always give your feedback a few minutes before I look at the missions section here monocle.gif

Thank you for the support with "the weather". It looks like you're the only one getting why I used that weather.

I added the loop route in my mission but they didn't "loop" the route. But I already know why they don't "loop" their route. It looks like you can only add loop route if you have more than 1 route point. I was designing for my other mission pack today and I noticed that the actor with 1 route point didn't "loop" his route but the ones with 2 or more did.

The be honest, I didn't test this mission with the SMG.
I designed it to be used with the silenced pistol and knife. But I failed like 5 times (untill I was on hitman level with the silenced pistol) so before I published it, I added the SMG so it would be more easy for the player.

But don't you think it's normal that if you use a SMG that everyone starts shooting at you. Just look at the SC, the greatest and most realistic stealth game I know. If you use a silenced pistol nobody 'll notice it but if you use you alternative weapon (except the one with the silencer) they 'll hear you and come to the place where the sound came from.

So you also have conviction on PC. Of coure I'm going to PM you, my internet is just very very very slow most of the time. So I'm not sure if we can play together. Or it 'll take ages till the game starts. But let's try biggrin.gif

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

Main post updated with all reviews

Luka1998
  • Luka1998

No justice, no peace! KOSOVO is Serbia!

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

Great job man!
Sometimes when I play this missions i forget what game I playing! Am I playing "Splinter Cell" or "GTA San Andreas"?
Continue with working on this storyline! biggrin.gif

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

Thanks man biggrin.gif

I'm working on the next mission at the moment.
I think it's ready in a half-hour. smile.gif

Thanks again biggrin.gif

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:43 PM Edited by ThaBoY, 13 February 2012 - 08:57 PM.

Here's my new mission of The Splinter Cell.
I hope you 'll like it.

http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=17353

I'm turning away from the theme, so the next one 'll be more stealthy.

Enjoy

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

I thought about this mission pack today and I changed my mind.
This 'll be a mini-mission pack.

SA isn't made for stealth so it's getting harder and harder to make mission for this.
It 'll be 6 or 7 missions instead of a very long mission pack with chapters.

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Wednesday, Feb 15 2012, 12:57)
I thought about this mission pack today and I changed my mind.
This 'll be a mini-mission pack.

SA isn't made for stealth so it's getting harder and harder to make mission for this.
It 'll be 6 or 7 missions instead of a very long mission pack with chapters.

Shut Up! biggrin.gif
notify.gif are you doing?
SA is for all genres dude, just master it!
Explore and you'll see what I'm talking about!
Don't quit at this moment when its gonna' get exciting.....

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

Yeah, I guess you're right.
I can always try.

And if it doesn't work out, I make a drama end.
Everyone dies, no one wins tounge.gif

Venus FlyTrap
  • Venus FlyTrap

Take what you can. give nothing back.

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:37 AM

Wow wow.gif , I am shocked, logo's look really good, story also look's good, definetely gonna try this.

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:47 AM Edited by abishai.kochara, 16 February 2012 - 03:02 AM.

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Wednesday, Feb 15 2012, 17:55)
Yeah, I guess you're right.
I can always try.

And if it doesn't work out, I make a drama end.
Everyone dies, no one wins tounge.gif

Now thats the spirit! You're cool!

P.S I can lend you a hand if you want tounge2.gif .........

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:50 AM Edited by ThaBoY, 16 February 2012 - 05:54 AM.

@Venus Flytrap

Thanks smile.gif

@AK

Thanks smile.gif
And thanks for your offer biggrin.gif
But I 'll work alone on this mission pack.

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:30 AM Edited by abishai.kochara, 16 February 2012 - 06:34 AM.

good luck and don't quit this! we all (I?) have a lot of expectations on this!

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

Lol.
I didn't even expect 2 pages by now.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:03 AM Edited by ThaBoY, 24 February 2012 - 12:07 AM.

Okay, I've good news and bad news.

You can find the bad news in my member title.

And the good news is:
I talked with Doublepulse.
And he wants to make the missions for this mission pack until my PC is fixed/replaced.
So from now, we're working on this mission pack together.
Thank you Doublepulse smile.gif

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Okay, this is gettin' nowhere.
DP, are you still going to design with me?
Or else I 'll continue this myself...

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

I would like to continue, I have not heard from you on Messenger yet though.

Anyway you can get a Facebook or Skype, I am way more active on those two. Preferably Skype, but either way. The problem with messenger is that it does not really work well on my computer..

The problem is not you, but MSN, I cannot stand it anymore. It auto signs me off when I wanna leave messages to offline users as well -.-

Atleast with Skype, I can invite you into the DYOM group. So you can talk to all of us at once. Nitesh, LCJ (LnD), Rewas (Coolman), Satournfan, Notna, and sometimes Alifjenius.

But, Yes We need a better way to communicate. I know PM's work as well, but Skype is instant message and can keep the conversation flowing better.

So, Yes I still want to help you. Send me a message on the progress and if you have anything I can help you with. Im still looking forward to this. smile.gif

yo-g
  • yo-g

disegner mission

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:02 AM

beautiful missions, now look the part 5 biggrin.gif

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:09 AM

Thanks biggrin.gif
The next mission is (likely) coming tomorrow.

yo-g
  • yo-g

disegner mission

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:13 AM

Can't wait to play it biggrin.gif

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

The next mission is here biggrin.gif

http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=18937

That's the end of chapter 1.
Have fun with the mission smile.gif

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

Whats up guys! Those who read the last few posts know that I am helping ThaBoy with this project. I help inspired him to continue and We got few ideas for the next missions.

Now here is some update and announcement. Thaboy told me on Skype that he is going on a vacation for his school for about 5 days, so he wants me to make the next mission and start Chapter 2. So yes I will be temporarily in control of the project for now biggrin.gif . I am working on the next mission and should be released in the next 2 days.

So stay tuned. smile.gif

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

Here's our next mission.
I hope you guys 'll enjoy it smile.gif

http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=19023

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

WOW has it really been over a month? I guess so biggrin.gif . Anyway Thaboy created a trailer for Splinter Cell and he wanted me to upload the video, so here is the video.

Hope you guys enjoy! Thaboy did all of the trailer, I just gave him ideas and feedback on what to fix biggrin.gif .

As for progress on the next mission, it should be arriving soon. I'm doing little more designing on this mission than what I did on the last mission. smile.gif

Anyway stay tuned!

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:42 AM

The next mission for The Splinter Cell has just been released!

http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=20280

Sorry for the long wait, I thought I lost the file, and was going to have Thaboy upload it, but something is wrong with his computer again. However the good news is, this mission pack is back alive smile.gif . We both got some good ideas for the next few chapters. Now it is just getting those missions done.

Stay tuned! smile.gif

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

Updated the main post. Now, we're ready to do business cool.gif We're already working on the next mission, so stay tuned and try the other missions in the maintime. We would apreciate some feedback smile.gif

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

Love the logo man, it's awesome. tounge.gif I don't know but the trailer was a bit weird to me. dozingoff.gif
Anyway, I finally got the time to play this, after this is Cold Year, so here's my feedback:

Mission 1: I hate the weather just like everyone else so you made me type ''ICIKPYH'' (weather cheat). Love the intro and the instruction part, the cutscene was awesome. The mission was hard and I really like it. You placed the enemies facing everywhere so it's really easy to get spotted, I can't even get close to the warehouse so I had to hide behind a tree and shoot from far distance. Used the same tactic and pass it easily. So the mission was quite easy with a silenced pistol, the objects and the enemies were well placed, so well done. sly.gif
I gotta say that this is the best stealth mission I've played so far. It's really hard to find missions like this so I hope you'll keep it this way. If you do, don't let the player use the silenced pistol too early, let them use the knife. icon14.gif

Rating: 8.5/10

Mission 2: Once again with the weather...Anyway, the objects were well placed and there's not many kind of objects. I don't like this mission really much like the first one. Because there's no way you can get to the stair without get shot. I mean if I simply run 1 step, the enemies on the other side spot me and wait for me to get there and start shooting, so I have to crouch all the way, lucky that I use to crouch. And the barrel, I enjoy it but it doesn't mean I like it, I mean the mission should be stealth, and shooting red barrel?? You know it, and you have to do it over and over again, make it a little boring. And the enemies route point sometimes mess up and I get spotted right away so it's pretty annoying. And to the end, I don't know if you want me to get in a gun fight but I did, no way to get to the stair silently.

Rating: 7.7/10

Mission 3: This is not a stealth mission and I know it at the beginning because you gave me a mp5. But I try to use stealth as much as I can but I couldn't. The enemies have high accuracy and I have to face my worst enemy...shotgun...Some enemies have headshot on and some is off which make the mission more challenging. You make a lot of ambush but placing the enemies in the corner, somewhere I can't see. So the mission was really hard, the best tactic is shoot them down from far distance as many as possible but the place is small so... it's pretty hard. And the first cutscene showing Kobin office, you should have spawn the door before the cutscene. Anyway, the mission wasn't much enjoyable since I had to struggle to survive but it was good.
And your forgot to turn off the wanted level btw.

Rating: 7.2/10

Mission 4: Man, really like the first part (in the basement). When I get to the 2nd part, there's a lot of enemies pack with ak and m4 waiting for me. Well luckily I was on Skype with Doublepulse and he told me to download a mod call mark and execute, which make the mission really fun and enjoyable. But I decided to play it again without the mod, and it was pretty boring...There was only 1 kind of objects and it was placed almost the same position. I just had to take cover, shoot, take cover, shoot, over and over again. I recommended you to use different kind of objects, it will bring a whole new atmosphere to the area. But the mission was good if I use the mod but most people don't use it so...

Rating: 7/10

Mission 5: I don't know if you've lost inspiration or anything but this mission wasn't too good. It was okay, just a little shooting but you could have made the enemies came from somewhere, not just spawn in front of the player (outside the warehouse). And the chopper, you should have make the chopper land down, not just spawn suddenly, that would make the mission more exciting. This mission is not the best I've seen from you, I mean the worst in this series.

Rating: 6.5/10

Mission 6: At last, your style has return, I really enjoy the mission this time but you mess up the first part but it doesn't really matter (see it here), something is wrong with imgur so I uploaded the pic to photobucket. The mission was much more challenging because I had to use the enemy's guns. And there's a trap at the end of the hall, luckily I saw the guy with the shotgun so I just pass the room. Also love the rest of the mission, it was fantastic. I enjoyed this mission very much, I really do. Well done. icon14.gif

Rating: 8/10

Mission 7: Now this is a stealth mission! Really love this mission, finally make use of the night vision. The fences were well placed, I thought that I just have to run to the roof, but I realize that I have to go all the way around the club...amazing. The enemy route point was well set as well as the object. In the club was awesome too, finally got the chance to use the smoke grenade. I really enjoy the smoke grenade, I mean standing behind the wall, throw it out to distract the enemies and shoot... cool.gif well if you know what I mean. This is one of the best stealth mission I've played so far...Well done.
Keep it this well, guys. icon14.gif

Rating: 8.4/10

Overall: The writing is excellent, only spotted a few mistake. All the cutscenes are amazing but sometimes you spawn everything in 1 objective so it took a long time to load. So far I enjoy mission 1 and 7 the most, really hope that the future missions is gonna be like that. Without the mark and execute mod, the missions are enjoyable but the gameplay keep repeating, make it boring to play. With the mod, it's just awesome, feel like Conviction and Max Payne. I also recommended you to put the download link of the mod in the main post so the player can have maximum experience. icon14.gif

Overall Rating: (8.5+7.7+7.2+7+6.5+8+8.4)/7=7.75

So keep up the good work ThaBoy, you too Doublepulse. icon14.gif
I'm waiting for the next mission.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users