Photo

Gta Tag Race

152 replies to this topic
theclefe
  • theclefe

Tsunami Relief Worker

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Sunday, Mar 4 2012, 16:24)
Very disappointed by the lack of players this weekend. sad.gif

Seriously guys if you want no further part in this fun event, let Tycek and the rest of us know you don't.

Tycek get EFLC so we can do this on there too biggrin.gif

Sorry I was away.

As always, my criticisms and comments are made understanding that this is one of the best events on GTAF.

Because it's set up like a racing league, it deters new and poor racers. The first week was superb, but if people placed poorly they didn't return. Then, once AJ ran away with the points, the turnout dropped further. Now, if we bring in new racers, they are three weeks behind the curve. If we don't bring in new racers, then we'll only have 4-6 people for the remaining weeks. Far less people racing and causing chaos, means far less fun. Not sure how to solve it,

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

I hope this continues this weekend.

Since i got YLOD(and ajb as well), i'd suggest a little mixture of teams.
I'd suggest clefe and ZDAN to team up, while Fishera would then partner up with Dnero(or blizzou)

I'd be a solo driver when i return, or i might partner up with aj then. It wouldn't be fair that blizzou and clefe get no team mates due to ours ylod's.

Or just keep things as they are, dunno. This was just a suggestion maybe.
Either way, i'd PM all the people who raced so far to join for weekend 4!

Have fun guys at GTR

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Well, i'll be back by next Sunday the latest on PSN, so i was thinking that this should finally continue? Either this weekend/sundya, or next one.

What do you think Tycek?

Imo, since the interest has faded away, and we've done 3 meets, in WORST CASE, lets at least have 2 more meets with whoever comes(6 people minimum), to round it up at 5 total. If the interest is big as in the first 3 rounds, then we can do more.

Also, since lots of people won't have a partner, lets just team up with whoever shows up and scrap the team points. Of course, if someone from the original teams shows up, they play together.

So yeah, lets continue, this sunday or next sunday, cmon. We can find 6 at least.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

I wanted to have one racing day every week, till people decide it's time to stop. People decided by not coming. They were three people including me one day and since that time almost nobody was asking what's going on. People already have shown me their interest in this, so thank you very much guys. If you want to reanimate and try to keep this alive then go ahead, because I already put last nail to it's coffin.

I would prefer to close the event once and for all than drop team points system.

I won't be making anymore events in IV. That was the last one.

A J
  • A J

Damned

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:33 PM Edited by ajbns87, 01 April 2012 - 05:36 PM.

Please lets try to keep this going. It's a great event!

If not , then give me a prize ! smile.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 21:33)
Please lets try to keep this going. It's a great event!

Agreed. One more attempt at least, and if not, then i guess announce the winners and that's that.

I'm 100% positive it will work again if you announce date and time for race day 4.

theclefe
  • theclefe

Tsunami Relief Worker

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

I'm game for another week, even if it's just to pad AJ's lead.

A J
  • A J

Damned

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Lol , I can't make this weekend, it's Easter dinner, lots of guests come over etc. But next week let's do this.
Tycek, you've come this far, let's finish on a high bro. I'll do some advertising to my PSN friend list, you just set a time, and decide on the race settings.

Let's do it.

(shameless advertising here to....I'm thinking of a ps3 version of Racers and Breakers, but on Episodes from Liberty City, hope it's as fun as this event has been, hope a few Yardies , D1rties and other forum users give it a try)

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:41 PM Edited by AndyGanteks, 03 April 2012 - 04:44 PM.

Yeah, it'll probably be on the 15th sunday, after the Easter weekend, or 14th saturday. Tycek wants to give it one more last attempt. Cmon people, make an effort, be there!
Message your friends & other participants, gear up, lets help Tycek and gets this one back up, as well as the 1v1 DM Cup 2012. (I would've said CnC Knocnout tournament as well, but aj gave up on it... tounge.gif)

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

Okay, since some people are asking me for one more day, here it is. The settings are already up and since they weren't used yet, they're still applicable. The 4th racing day will take place in sunday 6th of may around 16 GMT. You better be there.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 20:31)
Okay, since some people are asking me for one more day, here it is. The settings are already up and since they weren't used yet, they're still applicable. The 4th racing day will take place in sunday 6th of may around 16 GMT. You better be there.

Alright, great. I'll be there!
Sunday will be a success i hope, so that we can play Tag Races for a few weeks more afterwards, and then finish the event properly, and not on Sunday after just 4 race days.

Be there!

A J
  • A J

Damned

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

I will be there smile.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

See you there in less then 2 and a half hours.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

Okay people points from 4th racing day are posted in the initial post.

We can play another racing day in the next sunday if you wish.

A J
  • A J

Damned

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

Nice job Tycek, it was fun despite a very dodgy performance by me today, tipped a lot of times and decided to try and help Essex Eagles win a race, but I think he got unlucky too at times, either that or we both suck lol!

I doubt I can come next weekend, sorry. Still winning though! tounge.gif

Comeon12
  • Comeon12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

LOL i had fun at those races!It was nice.i may come another day too^^ However Tycek you noted completely wrong my race positions.It it 1st race:2nd , 2nd race:2nd , 3rd race:2nd ,Sprint:3rd (even though im nt sure which race was the sprint lol) 4th race:1st , 5th race:1st These were my positions seriously!im sure that aj who has a good memory remembers.Im just telling , im not tht interested at the score.i had a lot of fun and i want to play again if possible biggrin.gif smile.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

From what i heard, race day 5 of Tag Race will either be this Sunday, or next Sunday at the same time, 16 UK.
Seeing that everyone's so hyped and busy with R* Social Club & other thingies, my bet is on next Sunday. Whichever one it is, AndyG will be there.

As for past Sunday's day 4 of Tag Race, races, good to see the top 5 are gaining points now.
I wrote down scores, and got a comment for each race:

1st race: Rize in the East, 3 laps, Midnight, Clear, Vintage - 1. grease 2. comeon12 3. dnero
It was a tight race, not a lot of shooting, but it was done well!

2nd race: Taxiing, 3 laps, Morning, Foggy, Sports - Banshee - 1. grease 2. comeon12 3. dnero
Taxiing was tough, lots of explosions, ManDog failed to pick Rocket Launcher near him and blew up half of the cars lol.gif and more.

3rd race: Terminal Velocity, 3 laps, Morning, Rain, Police - 1. Tycek 2. comeon12 3. ajbns87
I had the easy lead for 2 laps, then Grease killed me, helping Tycek to win. Lots of killings were done, and it was a very fun race

Sprint: Back Breaker, Midday, Rain - 1. AndyG 2. ajbns87 3. dnero
An amazing race. Dnero got into a car, after which ManDog quickly stole it from him before he could drive off, but seconds after, i stole it from ManDog, and ran away with it, with aldyguy trying to shoot me. Around the bridge, i saw ajbns87 a little behind me, and somewhere mid bridge, he easily took me over in his infernus(i had a sentinel). As we were to turn for Broker, Aj braked late and hit the concrete, thus allowing me to oertake him. He quickly rushed ahead, and with the road open to him, he caught me, and slided past me on the last corner into the funland. However, he slided too much allowing me to just pass him into the finish neck by neck, and win it by less then a second. biggrin.gif Best moment of the day for me obviously tounge.gif

4th race: Round the Block, 3 laps, Evening, Overcast, Motorcycles - NRG 900 - 1. comeon 2. dnero 3. tycek
Long race, lots of bike crashes, explosions, evenutally i helped COmeon12 get to a win even though i team killed him once(we became a team after his team mate left after spring, but i forgot that in 2nd lap and killed him lol.gif) Eventually he still won, as i said many killngs lots of fun. Grease also made a massive explosion on the bridge, and a road-block, however that caused his PS3 to freeze, and he also almost broke mine too. confused.gif

5th race: Bogan's Run, 4 laps, Midnight, Drizzle, Muscle - 1. dnero 2. mandog 3. comeon12
Race 5 i had massive lag at start, so i quickly stopped. Spent the race trying to kill, eventually stopped aj, and thus comeon who was the team mate got to 3rd.

6th race: Heel and Toe, 3 laps, Midnight, Clear, Trucks. - 1. comeon 2. AndyG 3. grease
Last Race we fought an endurance one with trucks. We swithced to cars eventually, but it was a good fight. We gained a double win in the end(comeon and me), and Grease took over Dnero for 3rd on last lap.

All in all, most fun Tag Race so far for me, and it must continue again this or next weekend!

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (Comeon12 @ Wednesday, May 9 2012, 20:38)
LOL i had fun at those races!It was nice.i may come another day too^^ However Tycek you noted completely wrong my race positions.It it 1st race:2nd , 2nd race:2nd , 3rd race:2nd ,Sprint:3rd (even though im nt sure which race was the sprint lol) 4th race:1st , 5th race:1st These were my positions seriously!im sure that aj who has a good memory remembers.Im just telling , im not tht interested at the score.i had a lot of fun and i want to play again if possible biggrin.gif smile.gif

I checked everything double time and I'm sure everything is correct. You were 2nd at first race, 2nd at second race, 2nd at third race, 6th at sprint, 1st at fourth race, third at fifth race and 1st at sixth race AKA last one. Because of that you get 4,4,4,0,5,3,5 points and I believe you got that result in the table. I made a pic with results after each race, so there shouldn't be any mistakes about positions. I may make some mistakes about points so if anybody ever see something wrong, please post it.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

I also saved the scores, but wrote them down, and yeah nothing is wrong with the scores. With top 3 at least.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Race Day 5 sunday? biggrin.gif I know it's Max Payne 3 out and all, but 1 hour of good 'ol GTA IV:MP won't hurt!

Tyc?

- The International Syndicate -
  • - The International Syndicate -

T.I.S. President

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:45 AM

GTAF- The International Syndicate - (-T.I.S.- for short)
PSNTIS_President
GangThe International Syndicate

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

Fifth racing day will take place on sunday at 16 GMT. (as usual).

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

See ya tomorrow at 16 UK.

Be there everyone, lets have fun like last time. smile.gif

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

Damn, guys, I just found out I have go to the hospital to my aunt. It's up to you if you want to make the event today, with Andy as a head, or leave it to next weekend. I won't be able to attend and I am terribly sorry about that.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

Damn, hope she's ok Tyc.

I'm fine with doing race day 5 next weekend, i'd rather have you host the event then have me mess up something.

So yeah, see ya'll in a week then.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

Next racing day will take place on sunday at 16 GMT. I hope I won't have to adjourn it again.

A J
  • A J

Damned

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 18:56)
Next racing day will take place on sunday at 16 GMT. I hope I won't have to adjourn it again.

Sorry I won't be available this weekend. If GTR goes to schedule, hope you guys have fun.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

Event adjourned...again. Sorry.

ChompRock
  • ChompRock

The Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

Am I too late to get in on this?

GTAF: ChompRock
PSN: Chomprock
Gang: Road Rats

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

Lets hope it will finally continue this week. Race day 5 may decide the ending winner. Hopefully someone can reach aj's lead til the last race day to make 1st place battle more interesting! tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users