Photo

Conclusion To GTA 3 Era

7 replies to this topic
Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

Everyone who has followed the GTA 3 era and completed all the GTA 3 era games which are

GTA 3
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Vice City Stories

Will know that a lot of questions remain unanswered such as

What has happend to the previous charicters?
Is everyone still alive,retired etc

Also we don't have San Andreas Stories which has left us with an incomplete GTA stories set. It would be nice to have a conclusion to the GTA 3 Era which would answer many questions. Preferably on PS3, Xbox 360, PC etc.

Do some of you agree?

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

I agree but it wont happen. The PSP could never of handled GTA SA stories due to the map, But the PSvita would do the job great. I think they should at least consider it. The GTA LCS and VCS was GREAT way better then that turd isometric Chinatown wars they decided to make.

TomJK
  • TomJK

Tomxj

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

Introduction is a san andreas engine based video where they show what happened before san andreas so its kinda like san andreas stories:)

LoveMediaExecutive
  • LoveMediaExecutive

Love Media's Personal Money Launderer

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

I kind of felt the same way for a long while until I played the GTA III era games in chronological order and realized there's just not much to expand on, what is left was stuff that was made to be open-ended for us fans to draw our own logical conclusions and probably wouldn't be enough to fill an entire game without lots of tedious padding, when played in chronological order it feels like III should remain the final chapter chronologically.

rugbyrules
  • rugbyrules

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:14 AM

Hey, I am a huge GTA III era fan, I really think Rockstar are gonna struggle to ever re capture the unique feel and environment these games had. I don't think any games can compare really. However, even though Rockstar have never ruled anything out, it's not gonna happen. I would love for it to be the case, but the GTA III era is sadly over. It just wouldn't make sense to make San Andreas stories, and while there are a lot of questions that need to be answered, you can say that about a lot of great stories/films/games etc, you just gotta use your imagination and think what you want.

WhistleBlower
  • WhistleBlower

GTA III era fanatic

• Members

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:20 AM Edited by WhistleBlower, 03 February 2012 - 01:25 AM.

I don't mean to be that guy, but what's wrong with having an "incomplete" era? Isn't it more fun to come up with your own stories on what happened to all of the characters, before and after? Don't get me wrong; I'm a huge fan of the GTA III era, specifically GTA III, but I'm really tired of browsing these section of the forums and seeing the same threads pop up all the time. Please... just use your imagination. Afterall, it's a sandbox series. To me that's what the games are all about.

By the way, you forgot to mention GTA: Advance.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:56 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 05 February 2012 - 08:58 AM.

To be honest I don't think there's really any need for another GTA III era GTA. If anything I could see it creating more questions than answers. Plus it's been a good 5 years since VCS and R* are well and truly set on the GTA IV era.

It would be strange after half a decade for another GTA III era GTA to come out and finish it off while there's a new generation in full swing. Apart from a few minor mysteries I don't see anything that would warrant another game.

irganc
  • irganc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

GTA Advance is in GTA III era too. It takes place one year before GTA 3 and in it's storyline it has 8-ball and King Courtney, so the story is even bigger. Rockstar is not coming back to old cities, for example, Liberty city in gta3 and gta4. Without old city locations R* can't continue storys with old characters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users