Quantcast

» «
Photo

Ball Actor ( From DYOM Bugs and Glitches )

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic
BenL2418
  • BenL2418

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:27 AM

Ok now I have another problem. I have add 100 actors and when the mission starts, some actor changed into the ''Ball Actor'', which means the actor can't be killed, no head, leg, only weapons are hold on hands ( you can see the picture in ''DYOM Bugs and Glitches''. I found that the solution which suggested doesn't work... so how can I slove the problem of''Ball Actor''?Just answer please because I am making a fantastic mission about Tommy!

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:40 AM

Well.. did you just place 100 actors without using "Hide Actor" function on any of them?

You cannot just spawn 100 actors all at once. The mod only can hold 40 actors at once before crashing or causing problems.

Hide the actors you do not need at the moment. Here is how you do it..

1. Select the objective you want to hide the actor after.

2. Go to the actor you want to hide and go into the "Actors" tab. Click hide actor.

I know you probably already know how to hide them, but that is the only way I know to put less stress on the engine.

You might also need to recreate the actors the actors that are bugged. That means either editing/deleting them and possibly change location, animations, skin..

I hope that helped. But yea it is important to know how many actors you have active at one time.

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:40 AM

You need to hide the unused actors, and then you will not have ball actors.

BenL2418
  • BenL2418

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Sunday, Jan 22 2012, 08:40)
Well.. did you just place 100 actors without using "Hide Actor" function on any of them?

You cannot just spawn 100 actors all at once. The mod only can hold 40 actors at once before crashing or causing problems.

Hide the actors you do not need at the moment. Here is how you do it..

1. Select the objective you want to hide the actor after.

2. Go to the actor you want to hide and go into the "Actors" tab. Click hide actor.

I know you probably already know how to hide them, but that is the only way I know to put less stress on the engine.

You might also need to recreate the actors the actors that are bugged. That means either editing/deleting them and possibly change location, animations, skin..

I hope that helped. But yea it is important to know how many actors you have active at one time.

I have tried your suggestions...but some of it still are ''Ball Actor'' although I reduce the number of actor or hide them...

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

Read this

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=459148

BenL2418
  • BenL2418

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (-S-hark21 @ Sunday, Jan 22 2012, 09:53)
Read this

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=459148

I have read it before...just like what I said in the topic, the ''Ball Actor'' problem is the most f**king problem in DYOM. It need to be fix in a hurry.Many people are facing this problem.

Kwabs
  • Kwabs

Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (BenL2418 @ Sunday, Jan 22 2012, 10:29)
I have tried your suggestions...but some of it still are ''Ball Actor'' although I reduce the number of actor or hide them...

You also have to delete the actors that were "ball actors" already.

BenL2418
  • BenL2418

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Sunday, Jan 22 2012, 10:57)
QUOTE (BenL2418 @ Sunday, Jan 22 2012, 10:29)

You also have to delete the actors that were "ball actors" already.

I have deleted the ''Ball Actor'', and create another in the same position, but the ''Ball Actor'' came again.I was very disappionted about the ''Ball Actor'' glitches in DYOM.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

If you need any help to fix the bug in your mission, you can upload the unpublished mission somewhere and give the link to me or anyone else, then we can be able to fix it.

BenL2418
  • BenL2418

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (Nitesh aka AAAAAAA @ Monday, Jan 23 2012, 08:45)
If you need any help to fix the bug in your mission, you can upload the unpublished mission somewhere and give the link to me or anyone else, then we can be able to fix it.

Actually I want to upload the unplibished mission, but I have replaced some of the peds model, so that means if I want you guys to help, you guys need to make another pure SA and I will upload the gta3.img, peds.ide and pedgrp.dat.
In the gta3.img, I have added more fam skin, in peds.ide, I have moved some of the peds id and the model etc. In pedgrp.dat, I also add the fam skin in GSF.
Also I have installed therealist entertablebuildings mod...so if you guys want to help me, you need to have a huge comstruction in your new SA...
Just like my mission, I have replaced some peds as GTA protagonist skin. This mission I used Tommy.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:53 AM

Just upload it and I will check if it works without the mods. If it doesn't then I don't like downloading other mods. But I will try to check if it works with DYOM only.

BenL2418
  • BenL2418

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (Nitesh aka AAAAAAA @ Tuesday, Jan 24 2012, 06:53)
Just upload it and I will check if it works without the mods. If it doesn't then I don't like downloading other mods. But I will try to check if it works with DYOM only.

OK then I upload the files that you need to replace first.
that is the entertable-buildings mod that are needed in my DYOM mission.
http://www.gta-downl...-buildings.html
Then is the GTA Protagonist Skins ( Fam4 to Fam10, Fam11 is Hitler ) ,I use Fam5 ( Tommy ) at the mission. You also need to replace the peds.ide and pedgrp.dat.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vi2ddw
Then add Fam4 to Fam11 to gta3.img.
Now this is the mission.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fd7he9
The storyline is that Carl go to the airport to meet Tommy, but was chased by the cops, drive Tommy safely to Grove Street.
The ''Ball Actor'' problem is the actor which spread in the map ( the actor in the airport do not have this problem ) ... so check the ''Ball Actor'' in the map except the airport, thanks.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:29 AM Edited by Nitesh aka AAAAAAA, 24 January 2012 - 08:51 AM.

Lol, I said I will try to fix it for you without any downloading any mods, so there was no need to upload them. Anyway, I already played it and saw the bug. Man, you spawned 71 actors at the same time. I will try to delete some useless actors and see if I can fix it without changing the gameplay experience.

EDIT: Just realised they are not spawned at the same time. This will make it easier to fix it. smile.gif

BenL2418
  • BenL2418

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:50 AM Edited by BenL2418, 24 January 2012 - 08:53 AM.

QUOTE (Nitesh aka AAAAAAA @ Tuesday, Jan 24 2012, 08:29)
Lol, I said I will try to fix it for you without any downloading any mods, so there was no need to upload them. Anyway, I already played it and saw the bug. Man, you spawned 71 actors at the same time. I will try to delete some useless actors and see if I can fix it without changing the gameplay experience.

Thanks man!
I just want to make the cops shoot Tommy on the way back home, but the way back to GS have many ways... so I put many cops LOL
Anyway, thank you man
P.S. After the Protagonist 1 have finnished, I am ready to release the Protagonist 2. The reason why Tommy comes to SA will be shown.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:55 AM

Lol, I just edited my previous post, anyway, now it will be a bit easier to fix it. I will do some minor changes and check if it works, if it still doesn't work, I will have to add an extra objective, but you don't have to worry much about that, because, the main mission story will not be changed.

BenL2418
  • BenL2418

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:06 AM Edited by BenL2418, 24 January 2012 - 09:11 AM.

QUOTE (Nitesh aka AAAAAAA @ Tuesday, Jan 24 2012, 08:55)
Lol, I just edited my previous post, anyway, now it will be a bit easier to fix it. I will do some minor changes and check if it works, if it still doesn't work, I will have to add an extra objective, but you don't have to worry much about that, because, the main mission story will not be changed.

Ok thanks a lot man!
That's OK for adding objectives. What objective I want in this mission, is just having fun with Tommy!
P.S. I just want to add'' OH SHIIIIIT!!!'' in the stunt jump XD

Kwabs
  • Kwabs

Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

Do you have route points in your mission?
It just happend to me with 5 actors, but the route points crossed.
So maybe that's another reason.
Just some thoughts....

BenL2418
  • BenL2418

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Tuesday, Jan 24 2012, 23:39)
Do you have route points in your mission?
It just happend to me with 5 actors, but the route points crossed.
So maybe that's another reason.
Just some thoughts....

I didn't have route points in the mission.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:08 AM

I already sent him the fixed mission file yesterday via PM with the following changes made:
1. Added a time out objective so that I can be able to hide some actors.
2. Deleted some actors that were too far away in the map or those found very near to each other.

It worked well for me, but if need any changes to be done, either tell because I still have that file or you can do them yourself.

BenL2418
  • BenL2418

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (Nitesh aka AAAAAAA @ Wednesday, Jan 25 2012, 05:08)
I already sent him the fixed mission file yesterday via PM with the following changes made:
1. Added a time out objective so that I can be able to hide some actors.
2. Deleted some actors that were too far away in the map or those found very near to each other.

It worked well for me, but if need any changes to be done, either tell because I still have that file or you can do them yourself.

I have downloaded the mission, but it crashed after the Phone Ring..
Or should I use the pure SA to run it?

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:17 AM

You should play SA without no mods to play DYOM

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

I need help of someone to test that mission for me. I just tested it and it works fine for me. If anyone wants to help, just send me a PM and I will give you the download link.

Thanks.

BenL2418
  • BenL2418

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (Nitesh aka AAAAAAA @ Thursday, Jan 26 2012, 08:45)
I need help of someone to test that mission for me.  I just tested it and it works fine for me. If anyone wants to help, just send me a PM and I will give you the download link. 

Thanks.

Hey man, I have find the problem of crashing now, that's my ped's problem. After I fixed it, I can play the mission now! Thank you very much! I will release it in this week! Give you a cookie cookie.gif smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users