44 replies to this topic
A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

I remember back in the early days of GTA, coming up against Tek9 players in TDM, it was never assault rifles so I appreciated that, despite losing badly.
I'm always looking for fair and fun games, hard to find a TDM without rifles only, and if you host on your own, you can bet your money that a bunch of a ksa bitches will join and then try to kick you out.

As for the these other cheating devices, might explain sometimes when I've seen player's models doing really strange things, like teleporting in front of me and the next thing I know I'm dead, confused.gif

Henriquosa
  • Henriquosa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 14:12)
I remember back in the early days of GTA, coming up against Tek9 players in TDM, it was never assault rifles so I appreciated that, despite losing badly.
I'm always looking for fair and fun games, hard to find a TDM without rifles only, and if you host on your own, you can bet your money that a bunch of a ksa bitches will join and then try to kick you out.

As for the these other cheating devices, might explain sometimes when I've seen player's models doing really strange things, like teleporting in front of me and the next thing I know I'm dead, confused.gif

They won't be able to kick me out if I got at least 5-6 of my friends in the lobby every time. Very often we don't even play on the same teams but against each other with randoms on our teams and just "recruit" those who are not too bad and like playing different sorts of weapons to our "group" so we got a lot of people who are prepared to play non-turbo settings on our lists and can play big games. And yes, we've been around since 2008. ^_^

Punk-in-Drublic
  • Punk-in-Drublic

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

I'm sick of these modders to be honest. I took a break from Xbox live for about 2 years until about a month and a half ago and back then there was none of this. I was on free Mode and decided to go into the Airport, anyway someone had spawned a sh*t load of random vehicles and vert ramps and strippers on the run way. Then someone made me explode and I ended up in the sea...when I got back onto land someone had spawned about 30 tug boats and my game lagged like hell to the point where I had to leave the game.

f*cking stupid, if you're going to do this create a private game.

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

I know turbo controllers can make you shoot and aim faster, but can they also make you accelerate faster in a car?

Recently, I've come across two players (not at the same time, separately) while playing Races who seemed to have greater acceleration than other players / me. We were all driving Comets and in the beginning of every race, they were always faster. Or maybe there is a way of getting a "perfect start", similar to Need for Speed? dozingoff.gif

It's also interesting how both of them drove on the sidewalks a lot, which also seemed to give them additional speed. Maybe it's something similar to doing wheelies on motorbikes?

They were experienced drivers, though, and deserved every win they got. It just seemed weird and a bit fishy... Thoughts?

NightTimePaul
  • NightTimePaul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (GTAfear @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 15:13)
I know turbo controllers can make you shoot and aim faster, but can they also make you accelerate faster in a car?

Recently, I've come across two players (not at the same time, separately) while playing Races who seemed to have greater acceleration than other players / me. We were all driving Comets and in the beginning of every race, they were always faster. Or maybe there is a way of getting a "perfect start", similar to Need for Speed? dozingoff.gif

It's also interesting how both of them drove on the sidewalks a lot, which also seemed to give them additional speed. Maybe it's something similar to doing wheelies on motorbikes?

They were experienced drivers, though, and deserved every win they got. It just seemed weird and a bit fishy... Thoughts?

They were most likely just using script mods, so they were cheating.
If I'm in a ranked race and someone does that I just leave right away.
There's no point in racing them and giving them the prize money .
Give them a negative player review and file two complaints one for cheating and one for system tampering .
And in the next lobby they show up in tell everybody and vote to kick them.
They don't deserve to race let alone win.

Harfynn Teuport
  • Harfynn Teuport

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:25 PM Edited by Harfynn Teuport, 21 April 2012 - 10:36 PM.

Recently, I've come across two players (not at the same time, separately) while playing Races who seemed to have greater acceleration than other players / me. We were all driving Comets and in the beginning of every race, they were always faster. Or maybe there is a way of getting a "perfect start", similar to Need for Speed?  dozingoff.gif

Are you sure they weren't just doing handbrake starts? In vanilla GTA4, it allows Comets to get a small headstart (though it doesn't seem as effective with other cars). In TBOGT, it gives a nitrous boost right from the get-go (usually without using your store of nitrous though not always) and can be used on any vehicle. I'm an experienced and fast racer (on PS3) and it's a tactic I always use whenever I hear other cars revving their engines during the countdown. I certainly don't consider it cheating, just common sense and it's nigh on necessary if you want to get a fast time and move up the leaderboard. Riding on pavements, grass verges and off-road does allow for higher speeds but at the risk of spinning off or hitting obstacles. The grassy parts alongside the airport runways are good places to pick up speed.

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Harfynn Teuport @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 22:25)

Recently, I've come across two players (not at the same time, separately) while playing Races who seemed to have greater acceleration than other players / me. We were all driving Comets and in the beginning of every race, they were always faster. Or maybe there is a way of getting a "perfect start", similar to Need for Speed?  dozingoff.gif

Are you sure they weren't just doing handbrake starts? In vanilla GTA4, it allows Comets to get a small headstart (though it doesn't seem as effective with other cars). In TBOGT, it gives a nitrous boost right from the get-go (usually without using your store of nitrous though not always) and can be used on any vehicle. I'm an experienced and fast racer (on PS3) and it's a tactic I always use whenever I hear other cars revving their engines during the countdown. I certainly don't consider it cheating, just common sense and it's nigh on necessary if you want to get a fast time and move up the leaderboard. Riding on pavements, grass verges and off-road does allow for higher speeds but at the risk of spinning off or hitting obstacles. The grassy parts alongside the airport runways are good places to pick up speed.

Experienced racer hey?

Fancy racing tomorrow? *

Click my sig, for my current event.

* 4 teams, 1 racer in each, 2-3 others in team try to help by blocking / ramming.

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (Harfynn Teuport @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 22:25)

Aahh, you beat me to it. I was just about to explain NightTimePaul what I found out. smile.gif

Yes, you are correct. Yesterday, I was racing again with some random people and just out of curiosity pressed R2 (gas) and R1 (handbrake) during the countdown. I was comfortably surprised when I heard my car rev up. I remember hearing their cars revving up, but never knew how they do it.

Still, they were always faster during the race, but I guess that is due to driving off-road and on pavements, like you said.

Commissioner Monk
  • Commissioner Monk

Spelt it wrang....N wit!!!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Wednesday, Jan 25 2012, 12:46)
Don't know if you'll remember bruno, but the other day I hosted a tdm, and put it on colony with rifles, just so these f*ckers stayed / didn't kick me out.

I had my mic on, but took it off when all I could were arab kids squealing on the mics like little pigs for colony and rifles...

After the hideous game, I switched mode to TMW, most left but one clan stayed and got easily beat, CH4OS_ or something like that, I switched back to TDM, but this time standard and in the docks, three times these guys messaged me, firstly weapons - rifles, then health reticule - on, then - colony island etc... so yeah let's rename colony island to turbo island, and let those cocksuckers play there all day.

It funny how the plastic 10*`s crumble when asked to drive,shoot and think all that the same time.Peckers!!!

NightTimePaul
  • NightTimePaul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (NightTimePaul @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 17:48)

They were most likely just using script mods, so they were cheating.
If I'm in a ranked race and someone does that I just leave right away.
There's no point in racing them and giving them the prize money .
Give them a negative player review and file two complaints one for cheating and one for system tampering .
And in the next lobby they show up in tell everybody and vote to kick them.
They don't deserve to race let alone win.

Okay.seems like I'm wrong. alien.gif

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

If I use the handbrake in my SuperGT before the race starts, it gives me a worse start. I just start holding R2 when countdown reaches 1 and I get a good enough start. As for driving on sidewalks/2 wheeling on walls for extra speed, I consider it a pretty noob move. You basically tell me you can't beat a SuperGT with the faster car itself (Comet/Infernus), that you need to cheat your way to victory.

Harfynn Teuport
  • Harfynn Teuport

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Wednesday, May 9 2012, 13:51)
If I use the handbrake in my SuperGT before the race starts, it gives me a worse start. I just start holding R2 when countdown reaches 1 and I get a good enough start. As for driving on sidewalks/2 wheeling on walls for extra speed, I consider it a pretty noob move. You basically tell me you can't beat a SuperGT with the faster car itself (Comet/Infernus), that you need to cheat your way to victory.

In GTA4 (Nico Bellic), the handbrake start doesn't really work with anything other than the Comet in my experience but it's been a long time since I played the original game. And even then, it is only a slight advantage. It works with all vehicles in TBOGT and gives a nitrous boost immediately.

Don't agree that racing off-track is cheating. As long as the checkpoints are passed, you can use any racing line you want. If you want to stick to the track, that's your business but it won't get you far up the laptime leaderboards - which is the only reason I race these days. There are very few drivers left on PS3 worth racing against. If you're really going to be pedantic about the rules, I hope you stop for red lights and pedestrians. wink.gif

Commissioner Monk
  • Commissioner Monk

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (Harfynn Teuport @ Wednesday, May 9 2012, 17:15)
QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Wednesday, May 9 2012, 13:51)

In GTA4 (Nico Bellic), the handbrake start doesn't really work with anything other than the Comet in my experience but it's been a long time since I played the original game. And even then, it is only a slight advantage. It works with all vehicles in TBOGT and gives a nitrous boost immediately.

Don't agree that racing off-track is cheating. As long as the checkpoints are passed, you can use any racing line you want. If you want to stick to the track, that's your business but it won't get you far up the laptime leaderboards - which is the only reason I race these days. There are very few drivers left on PS3 worth racing against. If you're really going to be pedantic about the rules, I hope you stop for red lights and pedestrians. wink.gif

It not cheating Bernie Crane here cant handle the fact that hes sh*t at everything so he comes up with his own rules..like dont move when hes shooting at you ,Dont drive a car,dont pick up health ..in fact f*ck it dont turn on the ps3 either.

What a weapon!!!

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:11 PM Edited by DarkKingBernard, 10 May 2012 - 06:16 PM.

Lol. Now you're making sh*t up. You're the one crying at every single post I make. I have the right to post my opinion on things. Don't like them, don't waste time reading.

Harfynn Teuport - I race for fun, and for the challenge using slower but good looking cars instead of ugly Pagani Zondas. Don't give a damn for the leaderboards in any game mode.

Commissioner Monk
  • Commissioner Monk

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

What happend to the everyone else is sh*t so thats why I use I pistol and a Super GT part?.Your right I dont know why I waste time on your posts.I suppose I was trying to get you to man up and fight fire with fire but instead you insist on making up your own rules and slating everyone else who takes the defeat on the chin instead of calling everyone noobs.I have my own code aswell but I dont run around calling everyone noobs and pussies everytime they do something I cant deal with. I can tell that you care a lot about your moral code of gta I can appreciate that. Hell when I first came on here I was giving it all the same chat you are when something I dont like happened. Since then ive developed into a better player. If I get hit hard I soak it up and unleash the fury next time around. I suggest you put aside your ego and start beating the "noobs" and "pussies" at thier own game. Come on here then tell me about how u done brought it. That a story worth reading.

"This city deserves a better class of criminal"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users