Photo

[Q]Map boundaries

8 replies to this topic
cityleader
  • cityleader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:22 PM

Hello. Sorry for being noob, but I want to extend the city a little and I heard that I can't make buildings outside of city limits (6000*6000). Is there any way to avoid these limits? I really don't know how to hack game code and maybe, if tools are not released, I can ask somebody to make them, because these city limits are really bad. Would that be difficult for person who I'd ask to remove limits, or is it easy job?
Thank you in advance (I don't know if it is polite to say that, in Russia it is).

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:45 AM

do you have the ballad of gay tony or regular gta 4?

i know in the ballad of gay tony, you can go higher up in a helicopter, im just not sure about going out

cityleader
  • cityleader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Saturday, Jan 21 2012, 04:45)
do you have the ballad of gay tony or regular gta 4?
i know in the ballad of gay tony, you can go higher up in a helicopter, im just not sure about going out

Both of them.
I don't really care about going out, because with cheats/scripts you can fly as high as you want (but you will see horizont glitch), and you can enable god mode and don't die going outside of the map.
But I care about possibility to model out of map, as I think anything modelled outside of map will be invisible.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

Sorry for being a little late in replying here, I don't think you can go over the 6000*6000 limit. At least I have asked a few people on here via PM before and have some people confirm that you object will not appear if placed beyond.

LOKIOLR
  • LOKIOLR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

Yes, placing objects outside the 6000 x 6000 box will not appear if added to a .WPL

cityleader
  • cityleader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:50 AM

Ok, but maybe there are some ways to trick the game? What if I will place object on the edge? Do objects have center point, and even if it is defined automatically, maybe I can, I dont know, make all objects outside have long "roots" under the map so when I import it for game center of object is inside the box, but it is fiction and really it is outside with only fictional roots inside? Hm, I explained it not very well I guess...

dunbrine47
  • dunbrine47

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (LOKIOLR @ Wednesday, Jan 25 2012, 18:49)
Yes, placing objects outside the 6000 x 6000 box will not appear if added to a .WPL

Just curious but 6000 what? Pixels? Or something else?

cityleader
  • cityleader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (dunbrine47 @ Thursday, Jan 26 2012, 03:45)
Just curious but 6000 what? Pixels? Or something else?

Game units, I guess. Maybe one unit is like meter, maybe no, I'm not sure but I guess it equals one real meter.
And there is no such thing as pixel in 3d graphics, there are polygons that can be scaled to any size.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

I think if you place a model so the center is inside the bounds it will be there but when you go out it dissapears at certain angles.

However there is plenty of space around LC, expesaly North and South. There is about average space West, but there isnt much room east of the airport.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users