Photo

Aircraft Discussion

360 replies to this topic
Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Labore et Scientia

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Wolf of Badenoch, 6 days ago.

I've been fascinated with the Concorde since I was a child. The husband of my personal tutor, when I was young, was one of the engineers responsible for designing the droop nose of the Concorde. I would remember after my tutoring sessions, while waiting for my mum to come pick me up, he would show me all his Concorde stuff and tell me stories about it. The Concorde was so much more than just a plane, it was a point of national pride.

Watching tributes to the Concorde always brings me close to tears.

Was actually watching that a few days ago. Felt tears brimming in my eyes by the end of it. As you say, she truly was/is a point of national pride, in the same vein as the Spitfire, Hurricane, Lancaster and the Vulcan...

Really need to go see G-BOAA at East Fortune (near Edinburgh) at some point. This particular Concorde never flew again after the AF Flight 4590 tragedy, having never been fitted with the 'Return to Flight' modifications that were required after the accident.

This is her landing at Heathrow on 12th August 2000 as BA002 from JFK, her last ever flight:gboaa8.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users