Photo

Will Vice City work on my computer

4 replies to this topic
eminem 2ka9
  • eminem 2ka9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

i have a windows vista home premium. 2gb ram and 104gb hdd. i have a sis mirage 3 graphics card and direct11. and a processor speed of 1.47ghz. these settings do not work on gta3, nor gtasa. will they work with vice city, or am i just wasting my time? sad.gif

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Simply divine!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

Your computer specs are ridiculously low.
If they can't run 10 year old games like GTA3, you have a big problem.
I really suggest you getting a new computer.
Also don't use Vista, use Windows 7.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

If you had Windows XP, then yes, it would run-III, VC, and SA would run on those specs with XP-I used to play these games on a laptop with an AMD Sempron processor @798MHZ, 256MB Ram(then 1GB ram), an SIS Video card with 32MB vram, and XP Home SP2-now SP3, and these games ran quite well-had problems with freezing and crashing, but that wasn't too big of a problem...

On Vista, NO more than likely not, as Vista uses more resources than XP. You have two choices if you want to play games on that PC-either (1) get Windows XP OR (2) get a better Video card. The second option is only available if you are on a Desktop, as laptops cannot be upgraded, as the Video cards are soldered in...In which case the only choice on laptops is to "roll back" to Windows XP OR upgrade to Windows 7-either PRO or Ultimate for 7, as those have an XP mode built in, which you might be able to use for games?-don't know, as I haven't tried it, as I have 7 Home Premium that does not have this feature...? Also, What is your Processor-that makes a big difference too not just the Video card?

eminem 2ka9
  • eminem 2ka9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:51 PM

This PC I'm talking about is my dads, and he wants to play these games. Does windows 7 use up any resources like vista? Or is it exactly like windows XP but better? Also, my processor: Intel® Pentium® Dual Core T2310. The pc also says (2CPUs) 1.47GHz ~1.5GHz.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:13 AM

If you upgrade the Video card, you should have no(or very little) problems playing III, VC, and SA on that set-up as is...

But, as far as your current set-up, Windows XP would be best for you...So, if you either downgrade to Windows XP OR get a new and better video card, then you will have no problems playing games..The Video card is the big problem with you getting SA to run, as according to the box that comes with the V2 games now a days, it says that a Nvidia Geforce 3 or better(OR ATI Radeon equivalent to the Geforce 3 or better) to run under Vista and 7...

I really would not recommend a Windows 7 upgrade for that current PC set-up(or Vista for that matter), that PC is best suited for Windows XP, to be honest...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users