Quantcast

» «
Photo

Vice City Rage Limitations/Locks

9 replies to this topic

Poll: do you accept what they did with the vice city rage mod? (49 member(s) have cast votes)

do you accept what they did with the vice city rage mod?

1. yes (16 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

2. no (22 votes [57.89%])

Percentage of vote: 57.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote
ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

so as many are aware vice city has been converted to iv by a team who are calling themselves the rage team

about a week ago the mod was released but it included the following

1.trainer block would delete any trainer files it can find if it failed to delete the trainer files (readonly) then the game would refuse to start
2.forced launcher without the launcher the game won't run at all
3.the mod included a cracked exe files so i unknowingly launched my steam EFLC with a crack.
4.the mod has a boundery script that would start a counter if you wen't to the second island once the counter stopped you would die

i am asking this since it seems like absolutely noone cares about this not even admins care that a crack is included

so i want to know is anyone against this or am i the only one who finds this very wrong?

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

well now they are crossing the line just wow

this is what they said

I have only one answer: because of the compatibility problems in different versions of the game Beta 1.1 will be released as a whole game (without an unnecessary content).

basically from my understanding they will strip the game from the eflc files all files not needed butcher the game then rerelease it as their own game

(also do not mind the yes vote i accidently made that one meant to vote no but i accidently voted yes)

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

A.U.I.R.B.2.U. Author & Cool Guy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

You know zzcool, you're quite the mouth piece on and off the GTAForums. You're whining about problems you're facing when you try things you don't understand? I mean, you are trying to mod and use modifications and you have a a Steam Copy of GTA IV?

You whine openly and focus on after-effects of problems and then say the after-effect of the problem is the problem itself; you insist on people helping you but you impolitely insist, openly berate, hound and complain openly [and usually you're in the wrong] and get offended when you don't understand things and you can't get your way.

There are problems with every mod for the most part - especially export-import-ports. So what? You got a problem? Read. Fix it. Get a proper copy of IV / EFLC for modding...learn to do it yourself.

You got the cold treatment [understandably] in the VC Rage thread so you tried to use the ENB Screenshot Thread as your venue and now this one - gimme a break. Glad I deleted you from FB.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (PacketOVerload_x64Bit @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 13:51)
You know zzcool, you're quite the mouth piece on and off the GTAForums. You're whining about problems you're facing when you try things you don't understand? I mean, you are trying to mod and use modifications and you have a a Steam Copy of GTA IV?

You whine openly and focus on after-effects of problems and then say the after-effect of the problem is the problem itself; you insist on people helping you but you impolitely insist, openly berate, hound and complain openly [and usually you're in the wrong] and get offended when you don't understand things and you can't get your way.

There are problems with every mod for the most part - especially export-import-ports. So what? You got a problem? Read. Fix it. Get a proper copy of IV / EFLC for modding...learn to do it yourself.

You got the cold treatment [understandably] in the VC Rage thread so you tried to use the ENB Screenshot Thread as your venue and now this one - gimme a break. Glad I deleted you from FB.

what are you talking about??? and if you have a problem with me feel free to send a pm then we can discuss it there

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:28 PM Edited by nkjellman, 18 January 2012 - 10:35 PM.

If you use LaunchEFLC.exe the map wouldnt be there.

gtasadude
  • gtasadude

Stunter

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:28 PM

suicidal.gif

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

well i just wanted to say sorry for this thread allthough i am strongly against a drm i shouldn't have made it i just wanted to know if anyone felt the same

shotGTA
  • shotGTA

the government never ganna stop us !

• Members

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

i just think its a shame that the trainer is blocked , its less fun. i know they wanted it less buggy , and they wont work for profit bla bla , but still ...

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

i'm not sure to understand this well , but when i tried the VCR i was happy to be able to drive/walk at Miami beach . the game had some bugs but it was cool . and i believe that if some "wrong" (note the comas) things have been made it was mainly because of a technical problem . and VC has 10 years i mean who cares for that game now

Mega.
  • Mega.

Real Estate Developer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:41 PM Edited by MegaMario1500, 21 August 2012 - 08:46 PM.

It's because only the first island and Starfish Island are avaiable, and he wants to go to the blocked area, but if you do, you will get a warning saying you'll die in 10 secs i think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users