» «
Photo

Junk TCs Extermination

12 replies to this topic
AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

Situation on GTA Garage has become really f*cking irritating. Any dreamer can submit a Total Conversion, and the archive isn't getting
enough attention. It's getting more and more filled by junk "Total Conversions".

So, I have a suggestion for our respectful moderators.

GTA Garage is full of junk, and I think a gently extermination of unneeded Total Conversions should be started.
I made a list of TCs that should be removed. I think I was fair enough; on the list are only Total Conversions that are REALLY space-taking trash.
Every of the TCs have at least 2 strong reasons to be deleted. Here is small list of TCs that should be exterminated:

1. Grand Theft Auto Stories - shallow-minded author looking for 11 scm scripters and 2 mappers ???

2. LCS to 3 - you can see author's un-seriousness from description. Also, there is already a mod like this, a lot more progressed.

3. GTA San Andreas ICEnhance - it may had a good start, but it still has no download and the last update was on 23th October 2011,

same day when it was uploaded.

4. GTA 3 10th Anniversary - promising name, last update on 1st October 2011. Trash.

5. GTA Bangla SanAndreas - dude coincidentally duplicated one single mod, first one is this, second one is GTA Bangladesh. First one
should be immediately deleted, and the second one shouldn't be, because the guy is working on it. Not really promising though.

6. Anti-crash - should have been a CLEO mod, but long time has passed and nothing happened. Should be deleted. Momentally.

7. Dawning Infection TC - Started on 24th September 2011. Last update - same. What else was left to say?

8. New San Andreas 2011 - Description: "Good" ...anything to say? Actually, yes. Recycle Bin.

9. PhotoRealistic 8 [Graphic Mod] - Started by Solarlampe from Deutschland, the same author which started "GTA San Andreas ICEnhance"

10. New Life - Started by some Zontus, started on 8th September, last updated on 9th September 2011. Ofc, no download available.

11. Dublin City - Ahh, my favorite. Last updated on 30th August 2011, started by wannabe modder 'smadlad'. Check out the discussion

please.

12. New San Andreas Mod 2011 - Description "New peds, new cars, new gangs..." - collection of other people's mods. Unneeded. Last

update 25th August 2011, no download available.

13. GTA IV - Lost Stories Of Liberty - Description: "This Mod will make gta sa look like the 3 gta iv as one". If you understand this,

I'll give you 100 bucks. Last update: 17th August 2011.

14. GTA Umbrella Chronicles - Started on and last update on same day : 07th August 2011. No download. Just take a look at it, and

you'll have 100000 reasons to have same opinion as I do.

15. GTA San Andreas - Manhunt 3 - Started, last updated 6th August 2011. Good idea. But only an idea.

16. GTA Philippines - Description, same as the name of the mod. Started, last updated : 30th July 2011, no download.

17. GTA Source Mod - Started, last updated on: 25th July 2011, no download. Ain't it irritating?

18. GTA Haunted Town - Started, last updated on 22 July 2011. Ambitious guy.

19. GTA Liberty Sanvice - Last updated on 21 July 2011. It sucked anyway.

20. Project MeRP - Started, last updated on 15 Jul 2011. Author is falenone, I have some sympathies on that guy, has good ideas but he

never managed to actually do something.

21. Grand Theft Auto 2050 - Last update on 25th June 2011. Was really good idea, I liked there was some progress made, but that fell

into water. If there was a BETA to download, I wouldn't put it on this list. But, there are only 3-4 screens. Nothing.

22. Burnout Paradise - By Zero xD, he already started some TC, can't remember which one, but it's also dead like this. Sounded good,

but last update (24th June 2011) says enough. Was meant to be 'a collection of other people's mods', too. Trash.

23. GTA England - Sounded good, but only few screens, no download and last update was on 23th June 2011. This guy is not serious.

24. GTA Project Vegas 1.1 (BETA) - dreamer author, dreamer mod, dreamer description. No screens, no download, started on 19th June

2011, last updated on 20th June 2011. By Mr.Anonim111, has 4 "Total Conversions", all dead.

25. GTA:SAN ANDREAS 1982 - by arpitaman028, wannabe modder, guy is not serious. Last updated 0n 9th June 2011. No screens, no

download. Only ideas.

26. Star Wars Tatooine - Last updated on 6th May 2011, wannabe modder, included mods are, mostly or all of them by other modders.

27. Total Vehicle Replacement Pack - Not really a TC at all. Started on 17th February, last updated on 19th February 2011. Again, a

collection.

28. GTA III 80' Years - May sound good, but last update is same day when it was submitted. No screens, no downloads. Just an idea.

29. Punisher Warzone - No screens, no download, started on 10th Feb 2011, last update - same day.

30. New Vice City 2008 - Smart-ass user MODSTAR submitted 2 completely (or similar) same Total Conversions, he/she only changed the

name. One its called New Vice City 2008 and second one New Vice City 2011. One of them should be deleted.

31. GTA Chernobyl - Started on 26th, last updated on 27th January 2011. Only real-world screens, no downloads. Cool idea, but

development is seriously harmed. Actually, seems like there is no development at all.

32. GTA Paco City - No screens, no download. Only a link to map cleaner?

33. GTA: Crystal City - Started good, there is one promising screen, but there is no download, submitted on 8th February 2011, wasn't

updated at all after that.

34. Terminator Mod - One screen, some retarted "retextured" cop with a download (the cop). Last update on 27th June 2010. There wasn't

any serious progress made, so this one is dead, too.

35. GTA Liberty City Getaway - A good idea for a TC, but it was submitted by poor nkjellman. There are some screens and downloads, but

that's actually only SA:LC mod. Miserable.

36. Scarface - another bullsh*t by nkjellman. There are few screens, some downloads, but... miserable. Miserable.

37. Vice City: The Awakening - First beta was released, something poor. Comments say enough.

38. GTA 3 SA - "newmissionsnewcarnewpedsnewstoryline need 10 scm scripters and a mapper" Duuuuude! MY ASS!

39. GTA Changed Vice City - Something miserable, few skins and some sh*t... check out the comments.

So, that's a list of TCs that really should be deleted.
There are also few mods, I was hesitating about, but I didn't put them on list:

"Gta Tales of Vice City" also deserved to be deleted, but there was some progress made, I don't know. I don't get it how did that

retard Wikus get so many fans.
"GTA SA: Philippine Edition" also a poor mod, only edited player.img able to download.

There is also some new horny boy, really irritating kid, NGClan or something, has 2 "Total Conversions" online "GTA Vice City's

Serbian" and "Return To Liberty". If you ask me, it's only matter of time when this 'modder' will realize that he didn't eat enough

polenta to lead a TC, especially two TCs. But, he updates it often, let him enjoy.

Also, here is a list of mods that should be moved from TCs:

Intl. Restaurants (Mod Package) - should be moved to maps/buildings

Races and Tuning for SAKINA
- these two mods were made by ZAZ, they're cool and all, but don't really belong to TCs.
GTA SA Races and Tuning

GTA Skyscraper Andreas - to maps/buildings

RaaaaAce - To minor tweaks, probably.

Sa Animation - to Misc/Other
Sa Animation Reload - to Misc/Other

And this all was wrote only to make my favorite mod-hosting site make clearer and nicer place.
GTAG, I love you.

Thanks, your AB.

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

I appreciate the issue - the approval rate at the moment is slow and in the meantime download-less mods are clogging it up. Thanks for taking the time to list which you think shouldn't be there - I'll take a look through them as soon as I can. In the meantime I'll consider changing the default sort order to show mods that have downloads available first.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

While I agree with the point of this, you can't expect much from TCs started in October. TCs take time and it's only been a few months. Where as projects that haven't been updated since August or so is a little more of a problem.

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:00 PM Edited by AB0333, 17 January 2012 - 07:03 PM.

No problem and thank you Suction, I will really appreciate it.
@leik oh em jeez! : I agree, but it isn't hard to recognize a dead mod. Description says a lot about author's seriousness about the mod. When I see 'smadlad' or 'nkjellman' in Total Conversions, I know it's dead without looking at it, lol. No, really, when you see the description you can say a lot about the mod.

I mean, I was trying to be fair as much possible, but if I made a mistake, not a problem, correct me. icon14.gif

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

In all honesty, total conversions should have at the very least a BETA version complete before they are ever created on GTA Garage. Some of the ones you mentioned really are bin-worthy. Thumbs up for taking the time to write out a helpful list instead of saying "my mod is aint up yet we need more ppl approving mods the old ones sux" tounge.gif

I am guilty of a TC myself, and a dead one at that. While I have been rebuilding, retweaking and improving the several thousand line script in my spare time, I removed the crappy beta a while ago and haven't updated it since last year sometime. blush.gif

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:35 PM Edited by AB0333, 17 January 2012 - 10:38 PM.

In all honesty, total conversions should have at the very least a BETA version complete before they are ever created on GTA Garage.

icon14.gif
You're speaking my language.

Some of the ones you mentioned really are bin-worthy. Thumbs up for taking the time to write out a helpful list instead of saying "my mod is aint up yet we need more ppl approving mods the old ones sux" tounge.gif

Lol, yea. biggrin.gif

Yeah, I know. Gone in 60 seconds TC. I was following your mod some time (it was long time ago biggrin.gif), I also saw the topic on GTAF (there was a poll, right?), you asked is it a good idea or something like that. It had a cool start, pitty you didn't finish it.
But, don't blame yourself, that can happen to anyone. wink.gif

Only thing I hate is, when somebody, who has NO idea about modding, submits a mod, writes his idea, without showing any progress (because there is no progress at all) and looks for a team!
11 scm scripters?? C'mon. Let's be reasonable.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:06 PM Edited by fireguy109, 17 January 2012 - 11:10 PM.

Yeah, one of these days I'll release it. I had a 0.8 version all set for Christmas, but no matter how much I do it still seems half-baked and low quality to me. tounge.gif

I agree with you though, all too often someone creates a topic and says "this is my idea, and it will be awesome. I'll need a whole team of modelers to help scratch build this new city for me, and I know nothing about coding, but I'm a good leader so it's okay". whatsthat.gif

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

• None

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

Just to clarify; we do endeavour to remove mods that have little effort put into their submission (one line description, leader is a "texturer"), especially TCs. However we're different to other download sites in that you can submit a mod before you've completed it. GTAGarage is supposed to be a resource for development as well as downloads - and requiring an upload at the same time as the mod's submission goes against that. On the other hand I can appreciate why many users (ie. those that aren't looking to develop) would rather not see mods that have 0 files available - so I'll add something appropriate for that to the browsing filter.

It's also worth pointing out that we currently receive very few reports on GTAG. Users seem far more inclined to post negative comments on mods instead of reporting them - the problem being that negative comments won't alert a staff member. If you think a mod is cluttering the site unnecessarily, a report is guaranteed to get the mod reviewed by one of the team.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

Something that could be helpful to fix, STM - in the report box, if you type something and then click in the box again it wipes out everything you had just typed. As one who prefers to spell-check his work, this can be rather aggravating. Is there any way this could be fixed?

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:00 PM Edited by AB0333, 22 January 2012 - 10:04 PM.

Yeah, I agree with everything above. GTAG is a place for mods in development, but definitely not a junkyard for dead dreamful TCs, that's why I made this topic. Yeah, I also think people prefer seeing a bit more developed mods, and I agree about the browsing idea.

About requests, I'm really trying to spare some time to report. Honestly I haven't wrote a report for a long time, I'll start a bit wider patrolling and report mods more often instead of writing "Doesn't belong here" etc.
Btw, I agree with fireguy109. Writing it all again is a bit annoying. Fixing that would be a really good job.

So, uh, did you check the list? (I mean, it's a bit stupid to report them one by one, if you meant that)

Also, I want to commend you guys, you did a good job on GTAG past few days - a lot of mods have been approved, I really appreciate your work. smile.gif

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

• None

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Sunday, Jan 22 2012, 14:54)
Something that could be helpful to fix, STM - in the report box, if you type something and then click in the box again it wipes out everything you had just typed. As one who prefers to spell-check his work, this can be rather aggravating. Is there any way this could be fixed?

Fixed. smile.gif

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:23 AM

The signal-to-noise ratio in that section was indeed pretty high, with lots of ambitious projects that did not materialize.
We've now removed a lot of the dead mods that did fail to produce anything and are unlikely to do so in the future.
Most of the mods in the list in the first post are gone now, although a few remain.

If you encounter other mods that you feel are just cluttering up the place, please do report them so that a staff member can have another look at it.

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

Great, good job! I will.

Ha, looks so cleaner now! Awesome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users