Which is the better ending?

12 replies to this topic
RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:56 AM

I have just completed GTA IV

The ending I chose was deal because I thought Roman dying had more of an impact and also Dimitri is the main antagonist throughout, so it makes more sense him being final boss you chase and kill

There should have been a lot more emphasis put on That Special Someone mission and the choice of killing/sparing Darko, who Niko hunting for like 10 years.

If you kill Darko it leads to a Revenge Tragedy type story where Roman is killed

If you spare Darko it leads to a better ending where Roman lives

That would have been better in my opinion

Kate dying does not really have any impact because she is quite a boring and not very likeable character

CrowBarZ
  • CrowBarZ

Storm Mancini

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 03:56)

The ending I chose was deal because I thought Roman dying had more of an impact and also Dimitri is the main antagonist throughout, so it makes more sense him being final boss you chase and kill

There should have been a lot more emphasis put on That Special Someone mission and the choice of killing/sparing Darko, who Niko hunting for like 10 years.

If you kill Darko it leads to a Revenge Tragedy type story where Roman is killed

Kate dying does not really have any impact because she is quite a boring and not very likeable character

WAARNING SPOILERS. Why does everyone think deal is the better ending? It's clearly Revenge that is the better one. Niko clearly wants to kill Dimitri any chance he gets since he double crossed him, and just because Dimitri was the main antagonist doesn't mean he HAS to be the final "Boss". Jimmy P. in the end should have been the last "Boss". PLus Roman dying was pretty depressing, Kate dying was not very depressing. Therefore, Revenge is the best.

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:50 AM

That is one of the reasons Deal is better ending, because Roman getting killed is more depressing and leaves a bigger impact on the player

An ending should have some kind of an effect on you, otherwise its not a very good ending

BohanThug
  • BohanThug

Niko Bellic went quiet.

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

I dunno. It's a video game, not a movie.

I chose revenge and was much less sad to see Kate die than Roman.

Agreed that Darko's fate should have played a bigger role.

Didowe
  • Didowe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (CrowBarZ @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 04:37)
QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 03:56)

WAARNING SPOILERS. Why does everyone think deal is the better ending? It's clearly Revenge that is the better one. Niko clearly wants to kill Dimitri any chance he gets since he double crossed him, and just because Dimitri was the main antagonist doesn't mean he HAS to be the final "Boss". Jimmy P. in the end should have been the last "Boss". PLus Roman dying was pretty depressing, Kate dying was not very depressing. Therefore, Revenge is the best.

Darko.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (CrowBarZ @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 04:37)
PLus Roman dying was pretty depressing, Kate dying was not very depressing. Therefore, Revenge is the best.

Thats pretty sh*tty reasoning. Niko doesn't know either Kate or Roman will die at the time he makes the deal, so how "depressing" it is really doesn't matter.

I've made my peace with this in other topics on this, on the main page, so read them if you want to know.

seagull1971
  • seagull1971

Loose Cannon

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (BohanThug @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 07:44)
I dunno. It's a video game, not a movie.

I chose revenge and was much less sad to see Kate die than Roman.

Agreed that Darko's fate should have played a bigger role.

I chose deal and Kate died. How does that work then ?

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:13 PM Edited by Karjerker, 16 January 2012 - 11:12 PM.

I happen to like both endings ... besides, if you play both of them, both weddings, both chases, both endings you double your pleasure. What to watch for AFTER the game plays out is the little bonus comments which come in on the cell phone. The same is true of the post-ending comments in both The Lost and Damned, and The Ballard of Gay Tony. Neither ending is a disappointment, besides other than some small details, they are exactly the same at the point they reach Happiness Island. However, that said, the easier of the two final level chases has to be the dirt bike/helicopter one over the speedboat/helicopter one.

Alpheus
  • Alpheus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

Eh I'm partial to Kate living because she's hot, Roman just calls me an inbred when I hang with him. Screw him.

Jasper Petrol
  • Jasper Petrol

Xin Lỗi

• Members

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

I've played both endings numerous times...

Yeah, I've never really thought that either ending is better than the other. Revenge has a better mission in A Dish Served Cold so it wins with regard to game-play. Deal seems to fit the story better than Revenge but in the end all roads lead to Rome, you still kill your enemies, only one way you get paid and the other you don't. As to who dies, it doesn't bother me, both are regrettable with regard to the story, but what happens in the game, remains in the game - you don't take that stuff with you when you switch it off.

Neither come close to Vice City's I just wanted to piss you off before I kill you!

Its funny how Kate phones Niko after Out of Commission and says "I thought you were dead!"

AxER
  • AxER

Anarchys New Groove.

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

I've always leaned toward the Revenge ending because it makes more sense (in my mind) for Niko's character. He seems more likely to go after the people he hates than take money from them.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

I've said it before, and I will say it again: there is one principle reason for the Darko plot device: it is to actually make the final revenge/deal choice the follows a genuine dilema.

The story is not really about Niko v Darko. It is about Niko v Dimitri. If "That Special Someone" did not occur, there would be no reason not to pick "Revenge". However, the principle message from "That Special Someone" is that revenge does not pay - however "Deal" clearly has its risks (before you know the outcome) as Dimitri is not to be trusted.

SoT_Agent
  • SoT_Agent

The Agent of The SoT.

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

Well I'm not sure which is best,but I liked both of them.Deal is for the one's that want tha' money and some more drama,but Revenge is like exotic shoot-out place.It's on a ship,it has some intersting stuff goin' on it and we come to the conclusion Deal=money and fun,but Revenge=satisfaction and fun.Well it really depends on what kind of person you are.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users