Photo

GTA V Safehouses

40 replies to this topic
SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:00 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 17 January 2012 - 03:05 AM.

I thought the safehouses in GTA IV were fine. At least they were all unique unlike the repetitive safehouses in SA and really they suited the tone of the game IMO. In GTA III and LCS we didn't live in fancy mansions as the tone of those games were dark and gritty like GTA IV. Wouldn't have made sense to have some big mansion in GTA IV when Niko wasn't trying to make it big.

Now the game is heading back to LS I expect more lavish safehouses, but this time I hope we can actually BUY a mansion. To me it always felt a bit weird in VC and SA having this big mansion that actually wasn't ours. We either just killed the previous occupant or it was given to us.

If the story is "Riches to rags to riches" like some think it will be I would like the option to purchase a really expensive mansion in or around LS.

A ranch is something I would like to buy too.

Civkiller
  • Civkiller

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (MACCHUU1 @ Sunday, Jan 15 2012, 16:18)
To be honest, the safehouses in IV sucked, what happened to the big mansion in Vice City, or Mad Dogg's crib in San Andreas. Not even one house in IV, just apartments and ONE penthouse. I hope nice houses, mansions, penthouses, private islands, etc. all appear in V. Also make it so you have to buy the safehouse, just to make wealth have a purpose. Post some ideas and some pictures, maybe.

Here's my ideas

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The safehouses in IV sucked cause the game wasn't about MONEY it was about going from rags to SLIGHTLY better rags not rags to riches. I'm sure the safe houses in V will be awesome cause GTA V is about the almighty dollar!

mafiahitman14
  • mafiahitman14

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:08 AM

Also its in San Andreas or los santos so there has to be mansions, yachts and private planes/helicopters

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (DaWiesel @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 15:00)
No one killed Playboy X...

Seriously, his was the best safehouse in IV. It had a dope balcony and was right next to a building with a stairwell and the subway. It was just a great place for standoffs with the police. The other Algonquin safehouse near the car lot with all the Turismos was also amazing. Still, it would have been nice to own that mansion in Alderney. Looking forward to my mansion, ranch, and chateau in V!

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Tuesday, Jan 17 2012, 14:52)
QUOTE (DaWiesel @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 15:00)
No one killed Playboy X...

Seriously, his was the best safehouse in IV.

Not only in GTA IV, but in the entire GTA series IMO with the excption of the mansions in VC and SA. For run of the mill safehouses it was easily the best one.

I hated PBX, but he had a nice crib. cool.gif

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:18 AM Edited by canttakemyid, 17 January 2012 - 05:21 AM.

QUOTE (polymekhanos @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 13:31)
i would like a farm house in the countryside where i can ride horses and go hunting. yes i am hoping for more animals. not just  dogs..

I can respect the f*ck out of that. They need massive ranches, cabins and lodges ,in the snow capped(wishful thinking) mountains and country sides. With horses and cattle.

Jesus Pineda
  • Jesus Pineda

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (RipGore @ Sunday, Jan 15 2012, 21:28)
aircraft carrier one looks sickkkk

yes it does!! (DUDE I CANT STOP LOOKING AT UR PROFILE PICTURE!!) HAHA

Jesus Pineda
  • Jesus Pineda

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (oglevempire @ Sunday, Jan 15 2012, 22:17)
Totally. I hated the fact that you can't buy any businesses or any houses in GTA 4. I hope the possibility to buy houses and invest into businesses, at least houses ! PLS.

i think mainly because it was the first of its kind.. graphics wise.. so it was pretty much a prototype to the next GTAs.. i also think RDR and LA Noire were prototypes for GTA V.. it makes sence

cousinletsgobowling
  • cousinletsgobowling

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

Has anyone played the Test Drive Unlimited games? I'm currently playing TDU2 and they have some really flash houses to own. The most expensive 'home' you can own on there is this luxury yacht where you can store up to 8 - 10 cars in the lower deck. I think it costs $6 million.

As long as they have luxury homes to own in V I'll be happy.

Gta5PP
  • Gta5PP

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (no_chance @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 00:33)
The houses in san andreas was 10 x more magical then anything gta4 had that was one of the biggest disappointments for me cryani.gif but thinking about what owning a house is gonna be like in gtav gives me boners

Most of the safehouses in san andreas, the interiors looked the same in different houses.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:37 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 17 January 2012 - 10:49 AM.

QUOTE (Gta5PP @ Tuesday, Jan 17 2012, 21:19)
QUOTE (no_chance @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 00:33)
The houses in san andreas was 10 x more magical then anything gta4 had that was one of the biggest disappointments for me  cryani.gif   but thinking about what owning a house is gonna be like in gtav gives me boners

Most of the safehouses in san andreas, the interiors looked the same in different houses.

That's what I was saying before. The safehouses were incredibly repetitive. Each safehouse in GTA IV has its own interior. R* done good on the exteriors in SA, but most of the interiors were a copy and paste job. Lame.

Hopefully GTA V follows in GTA IV's footsteps and opts for quality over quantity. I'd rather 5 fully unique safehouses than 20 copy and paste jobs. That's just me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users