» «

The Recession

32 replies to this topic
Ryder 556
  • Ryder 556

• Members

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (GTA_La_Costra_Nostra @ Sunday, Jan 15 2012, 15:45)
QUOTE (CookPassBabtridge @ Sunday, Jan 15 2012, 20:42)
Well it's not looking like ending in 2012, so not really.

Yea, exactly. The economic situation in the U.S might still be around when GTA 6 comes out

I honestly believe it will be around until possibly my second child. I'm turning 18 in 2 months and don't plan on having kids until my mid 20's. I don't really see it fixing itself any time soon. With that 16+ trillion debt the US is in, you guys, and us Canadians, only slightly though, will be f*cked until your government sorts sh*t out.

Oh and just an FYI for those who didn't see, the Obama Administration has said no to SOPA. Just like I knew they would. If anyone honestly though SOPA would be passed, please don't breed, or read up on what the bill was planning on doing.

• Inncognitoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:59 AM

I think the economy won't play a big part in V, but you will see major effects because of the recession. As you guys seen in the trailer, unemployed workers were all around, houses were being sold, a lot of poor urban districts, and the game itself is about "the pursuit of the almighty dollar", which obviously means this is a rags to riches type of story.

• Slamman

• United-States

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:08 AM

The Recession, more so then the Occupy movement, it will figure into the game for sure, BUT, in terms of what magazines point out, the man tapping a FORECLOSED sign into the ground, and the underpass transients, well, that's not going to be a common sighting just in game, It seems impossible as far as the Foreclosure sign to have the guy constantly there, throughout the game
Normal NPCs don't have plot out lives like that, but in RDR we saw some small scale mapping of activities, this is sure to get a bit of spit and polish, NOT much but some perhaps?? Just a guess on what they'll try and make possible

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users