Map Modding tutorial !?

6 replies to this topic
copperrobber
  • copperrobber

Killing Time

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

I have been looking for maybe 2 hours after a proper software that will mak me able to mod a map in GTA EFLC, and im trying so freaking hard to find at tutorial !? why isnt there any ? :S please need help, really want to know how to mod in gta iv EFLC !

cityleader
  • cityleader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

Same thing. I installled OpenIV and GIMS, but I just don't know what files to open in openiv, I don't understand structure of the game.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:06 PM Edited by Frank.s, 19 January 2012 - 03:08 PM.

Download an existing map mod and look at what files it changes and how it changes them. How much do you know about modding any other games?
Do you know what 3dsmax is? You'll need that to make the 3d objects and an image program like photoshop or g.i.m.p or paint.net (not mspaint) for resizing and making textures (or just use original GTA textures while learning how to use 3dsmax).
Do you know what textures are? Do you know how to install existing map mods?

copperrobber
  • copperrobber

Killing Time

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

i know wht 3dmax is, i can learn it quickly (i alsp have worked in it before)
i know what textures are, but not really good att making em'.

i have never modded before so i would need like a basic tutorial from scratch smile.gif

i have actually never tried to install a map mod, but it seems kinda hard, but i would problaby leran it !

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:32 PM Edited by Frank.s, 19 January 2012 - 05:53 PM.

Ok, add GIMS to your 3dsmax install and download OpenIV too.
Do you have a backup unmodded copy of GTAIV+EFLC? You should do that before doing any modding. (it's a standard thing to do)
Next you should download some mods like a few of stilldre's racetracks to see what files are edited and how to mod IV.
What are you able to model in 3dsmax? If you could make a basic chunk of land or something to use as your first added object.

You'll need to make a folder to contain the development of your new object.

copperrobber
  • copperrobber

Killing Time

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

ok thnx mate ! i will try to this in the upcoming days smile.gif i gotta get 3ds max first (its at my 2nd house some miles away from here)

i will ask you some questions if i need help, if thats okay ? smile.gif

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:38 AM

Look at GTARandom's tutorial. I used to not know how to map mod. Now I have modded cities in GTA IV off shore from Liberty City that can rival the Liberty City itself. (except that I don't have traffic). GTARandom's tutorial is very clear, and it is also tempting to think that it is difficult to understand. But work out the steps and anyone can mod. smile.gif

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=471583

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users