Quantcast

» «
Photo

Ever get six stars without going to locked island?

14 replies to this topic
BohanThug
  • BohanThug

Niko Bellic went quiet.

• Members

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

Right after I shot Pegorino on Happiness Island to beat the game, I decided to mess around for a while. So I shot a bunch of cops and then climbed the statue.

I kept shooting the cops that were making their way up until the choppers started coming. Then I started shooting down the choppers until I got up to a five-star wanted level, then two choppers came at once and I destroyed them and it went up to six. Eventually I had to go somewhere and quit, but they never killed me.

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:02 AM

First of all, congratulations. Second, I'm sure most of us here have done this at some point. Last week just for the fun of it all, I launched an all-out attack on any cop in sight at Francis International Airport and then spent fifteen minutes (real time) running back and forth, up and down and in and out of hiding places while they went bananas. Eventually the F.I.B. turned up, which meant they were beginning to take me seriously - oh, joy, its nice to know you're appreciated! Anyway, being cocky I eventually sloped off to the northern end of the airfield and grabbed the armor and the motorcycle there and made by way back to my safehouse without being killed, which was immensely satisfying - all the while the cops were on me, six stars over my head, wheee, I'll have to do it again tomorrow just to get my jollies.

seagull1971
  • seagull1971

Loose Cannon

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (BohanThug @ Tuesday, Jan 10 2012, 23:19)
Right after I shot Pegorino on Happiness Island to beat the game, I decided to mess around for a while. So I shot a bunch of cops and then climbed the statue.

I kept shooting the cops that were making their way up until the choppers started coming. Then I started shooting down the choppers until I got up to a five-star wanted level, then two choppers came at once and I destroyed them and it went up to six. Eventually I had to go somewhere and quit, but they never killed me.

This is quite likely everytime you enter the airport especially once your on the runway. A funny thing happebed to me the other day mind, I went up to the air traffic control tower to get the free pump shotgun and only attained one star. The funny part was I evaded the cop chase and fled the airport where the stars went grey and faded out, I then got of my vehicle and straight away gained 6 stars and thought f%^k it lets have a play back in the airport where my wanted level again vanished. Probably a glitch but made me chuckle.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:02 PM Edited by DarkKingBernard, 20 January 2012 - 07:41 AM.

Will try that.

Ohh I totally misread the title, I have many times actually.

BohanThug
  • BohanThug

Niko Bellic went quiet.

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (Karjerker @ Wednesday, Jan 11 2012, 01:02)
Last week just for the fun of it all, I launched an all-out attack on any cop in sight at Francis International Airport and then spent fifteen minutes (real time) running back and forth, up and down and in and out of hiding places while they went bananas. Eventually the F.I.B. turned up, which meant they were beginning to take me seriously - oh, joy, its nice to know you're appreciated! Anyway, being cocky I eventually sloped off to the northern end of the airfield and grabbed the armor and the motorcycle there and made by way back to my safehouse without being killed, which was immensely satisfying - all the while the cops were on me, six stars over my head, wheee, I'll have to do it again tomorrow just to get my jollies.

One time I somehow wound up on the little beams in the air that lead from the terminal to the buildings across the parking lot. Can't remember exactly how I got up there... I think I must have jumped off the train tracks at the airport stop. Anyway, I started sniping every cop I could find. They couldn't figure out where I was, so I probably sniped about 30 of them before the FIB showed up and eventually found me. After that I pulled out the rocket launcher and started blowing up their cars, but I didn't last long after that. Fun as hell though.

Another spot where you can kill cops for pretty much as long as you want is in the hospitals. I can't remember which one it was, but I went inside and killed everyone and then when the cops started showing up, I just fired rockets at the entrance and kept wiping them out. It can go on forever.

BohanThug
  • BohanThug

Niko Bellic went quiet.

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:41 AM

Hmm, so I just got to six stars solely by spraying people with water from a fire truck. I sprayed a few cops along the way, but still.

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

You can greatly improve your chances of extended survival at the airport by driving under and between the wheels on the airliners as they taxi along the runways. You can also get access to the roof of the airport terminal by climbing up the aircraft gantry staircases, and from there up short access ladders onto the transfer corridors. There are a few places on the terminal roof where you can remain pretty much unseen, but they have to be found. However, if the cops have a chopper in the air, things become somewhat more interesting. If you want to lose the cops in a hurry at the airport, drive straight at the end-of-runway lights and then pull away at the last moment - the cops seldom manage to perform the same maneuver and either fly over it or crash. Remember, if you find yourself in desperate need of a quick departure, and you can make it, head straight for the far northern end of the airport and immediately adjacent the red and white checkered control relay box there is an armored vest on the ground and a waiting motorcycle. Handy for quick getaways.

BohanThug
  • BohanThug

Niko Bellic went quiet.

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

Didn't know you could get to the roof of the terminal building... will have to try that. I love getting on the roofs of random buildings.

Lately I've been flying a chopper onto the roofs of different buildings and then starting a shootout with the cops. You can't go too high up though or your rockets/grenades will explode before they reach the ground. One location that's really fun is that big archway on Montauk Ave. Very tricky to land a chopper on though.

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:44 PM Edited by RockStarNiko, 19 January 2012 - 08:48 PM.

I only got 5 stars once - Three Leaf Clover
and only got 6 stars once - One Man Army Achievement

I escaped the 6 star wanted level on foot too biggrin.gif

Here was my plan

Take the chopper on top of Booth Tunnel
Go to Airport
Pick up the Armor before setting up camp on the building immediately west of the armor
Go from 4 stars to 6 stars by shooting all the pigs that come up stairs
As soon as get 6 stars, get back in chopper and fly all the way to Statue of Happiness
Then fly all the way to near Playboy X apartment and land on Frankfort near Subway
Go down to Subway (very lucky that there were no pigs on the platform biggrin.gif ) and head north on tracks all the way to Bohan
Walk Free and One Man Army back to back cool.gif

yellowcar88
  • yellowcar88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (BohanThug @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 07:41)
Hmm, so I just got to six stars solely by spraying people with water from a fire truck. I sprayed a few cops along the way, but still.

[FONT=Courier][SIZE=7] wow. Haha. I got a 3 star by spraying people with a water canon on the fire truck. But not a six. Anyways, one time on my most recent playthrough, I was messing around on the internet and discovered a link to little lacy suprise padgent. Most of you have probably already seen it. I clicked on it because I had no clue to what it even was. Then the lcpd thing comes up, I exit cause it was boring, and then I get a four star wanted. I exited the internet place and jumped into the nnearest car, which happened to be a noose patriot. I had to fight the cops to get in the sunnova bitch. Aks blazing, I manage to drive off. a few police cars and another patriot we're chasing me. I used my pistol to get rid of some of them, causing me to get a five star. I headed to the airport to trying get an anihilator and I got in and flew away taking down a few helis. I land on top of a building to snipe some helis and use my rocket launcher. There's my sixth sstar. But it didn't last long, I used my rocket launcher and shot at the heli and it succesfully hits the tail. It spins out of control right behind me and I go flying off the building to plummet to my messed up death. notify.gif

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:10 AM

One of the things I still enjoy doing is getting up to six stars in Algonquin, then going into hiding, and running from alley to alley, staying out of sight. I don't remember of I've ever evaded the zone, but I've been quite close a few times. Until the magical homing vision and spidey senses of every cop in the state of New York locks on to my exact position...

Pumpkin Zone
  • Pumpkin Zone

Damn, I hate disco.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Unknown

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:29 AM

I get 6 star wanted levels a lot if I start mayhem, but usually my exit is via a hospital. Sticky bombs and grenades in general are a good way to made an escape, especially if you litter a trap.

Although I recall a very exciting battle where I was in the construction site in south Algonquin (playing TBoGT), and me and my bodyguard Arnaud escaped a 6 star wanted level as I weaved and curved my way through Castle Garden and made my escape near Bahama Mamas, hiding in an alley while I watched zoom by.

You know I am still surprised as how well the ability to hide from cops usually is. I've found that I could park very close to barriers between highways (like the highway in Alderney that begins from the bridge), and cops zooming past on the other lane couldn't see me. Even if I was in a car, or just ducked behind it. I hope that this is expanded upon as the series continues, because it really makes you feel the cops are humane instead of T-100 robots that know where you are no matter what road you go down.

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:25 PM Edited by Ethereal_NYC, 21 February 2012 - 06:30 PM.

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Wednesday, Jan 25 2012, 00:10)
One of the things I still enjoy doing is getting up to six stars in Algonquin, then going into hiding, and running from alley to alley, staying out of sight. I don't remember of I've ever evaded the zone, but I've been quite close a few times. Until the magical homing vision and spidey senses of every cop in the state of New York locks on to my exact position...

i love doing this.

a nice way to test your skills is to set up a match for 45 mins at happiness island and head to the mainlands.

then try to survive as long as possible with 6 stars only using weapons the cops drop and health from ambulances

its cool to have a nice head start with all the weapons but eventually they will run out and you will be forced to scavange.

by having the weapon pickups on happiness island it makes every trip to re-stock (if you want to, i usually dont) extremely epic

some other variations on surviving 6 stars is to steal a n.o.o.s.e. truck and obtain six stars only by running cops over and ramming vehicles. this is very satisfying since the NOOSE truck has heavy armor and can take a lot of gunfire and also has enough force to push almost any car/truck out of its way

its like a bulletproof battering ram lol

i also like to hide in interiors while trying to six star myself.

synchro_w
  • synchro_w

LOSE THE PIGS!

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:52 AM

I find i sometimes get bored so start killing inside a hospital or grab a bus, get a bomb for it from packie then leave it outside and steal cars etc and park them around it and just shoot the cops as they try to enter the hospital and using the cover of the seats i use combat pistol, mini smg and carbine to slaughter cops. the special forces often go down but get up again so i use complex targeting to get headshots as it saves ammo. i've had 6 stars for over an hour using this method and reload the carbine, pistol and combat shotgun from fallen cops [tho i've often got killed grabbing ammo from fallen cops as they can be quite clever and wait for you to run up to the door scooping up ammo then turn around and run for cover but before you get there a cop has run behind you and blasts you with a shotgun as you crouch and begin to turn - the vulnerable point in your movement - and, that's it! you're dead!! happened a few times that.

i'm very impressed by how the cops stop trying to rush you but wait till they have numbers THEN rush in taking both sides of the wall and using anything for cover.

but there're places where choppers cannot spot you [between sou-west dukes bay bridge and a small pier/walk on steinway i think] and the bridge stops choppers from getting shots at you but it does drop cops onto the walk above you but you can always see their shadows as they drop after the AI gives up dropping them on the sand where you can hide and just slaughter them before they bring their guns into use. you're in the shadows all the time from the boardwalk or whatever it is and no cars can get to you so the cops arrive in trickles so it's easy to kill them, then scoop their ammo. the only drawback was i couldn't get away so after an hour, i just tried swimming away and was killed but had more carbine ammo than i'd ever had before! the trick is to use complex targeting by pushing up on the right stick and that's an instant headshot, especially important against special forces cops.

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

I'm sure this has already been added, but if not, here it comes. Locate the tunnel which can be found in northern Bohan and go down into it, passing under the East River in the process. The cops go absolutely bananas! They have boats circling above you, choppers, cars and trucks on the bridges and cannot get at you. Completely bonkers, they are virtually rabid by the time you emerge either where you went in, or out deep inside northern Algonquin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users