» «
Photo

GTA S. A., Unique Vehicles Guide [Unofficial]

1,037 replies to this topic
pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:59 PM Edited by pomor, 13 August 2010 - 05:03 PM.

I'll be damned! I just got myself DP/BP/EP/FP Savanna. I haven't really believed it will work...
On second thought, I'll not post it here, I think such a discovery wink.gif deserves it's own topic.
Here you go.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:35 PM Edited by OrionSR, 13 August 2010 - 09:54 PM.

Well done, pomor. I find it a bit ironic that this discovery occurred on the same date that System Error's guide was updated.

QUOTE (two-timing section of the updated guide)
With rules that would make sense only to a clinically disturbed mentally retarded half-ass backwards braindead individual from the Victorian Era, I'm surprised these were even found out to begin with.

Hmm... I suppose that would be me. I guess I should have responded sooner to the question about the impound lots.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Aug 13 2010, 20:35)
Well done, pomor. I find it a bit ironic that this discovery occurred on the same date that System Error's guide was updated.

It's also ironic that I actually tried to get any of the other 4 proofed cars from that mission. Even pushing the wreck of Savanna to the garage I was convinced that it is not proofed at all. Just wanted to be completely sure.
When it turned out it is indeed everythingproof I was, well stunned is the right word. Or dumbfounded.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Black Mage

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (pomor @ Aug 13 2010, 22:01)
QUOTE (OrionSR @ Aug 13 2010, 20:35)

It's also ironic that I actually tried to get any of the other 4 proofed cars from that mission. Even pushing the wreck of Savanna to the garage I was convinced that it is not proofed at all. Just wanted to be completely sure.
When it turned out it is indeed everythingproof I was, well stunned is the right word. Or dumbfounded.

Congrats for your discovery, pomor. SE should confirm this by now.

System Error
  • System Error

Oh yeah.

• Members

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:26 AM Edited by System Error, 14 August 2010 - 11:29 AM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Aug 13 2010, 11:35)
Hmm... I suppose that would be me. I guess I should have responded sooner to the question about the impound lots.

Nah, that was an insult towards the methods in keeping the two-timing girlfriends scripts active. tounge.gif You're just the ever-patient and persistent discoverer. It would be sweet if you responded to the impound lot question, though! Also, do you think you can give me an exact number on how much progress is lost if you're caught on a two-timing date?

Also, Friday the 13th is a lucky day for some people. Like pomor, apparently!

AH64Hunter
  • AH64Hunter

Forking and dongles

• Members

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:22 PM Edited by AH64Hunter, 01 October 2010 - 06:21 PM.

I found a Method 3 4 for the Tampa if you push it in to the water with Smoke's Glendale you fail the mission and it stays proofed
the other you do the same but don't fail the mission push it in the water but do not use Smoke's Glendale than when you need to
shot the gas tank you don't need to you do the rest and when you get a call from sweat do not go in push the Tampa to the store
and flip it over to destroy it now go in to the store and go out now push it to the garage.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:17 AM

I have been unable to login to this site for a few months thus the inactivity. I work 3rd shift and often when I'm on this site it is down.

You can Gimp Date Helena with no modifications, just simply show up to her place in the Gimp Suit and the scene goes straight to Coffee. I would therefore presume then that two-timing is still active as it is a gimp suit date.

Regarding Damageproof "lazy" updates, seriously, what needs to change? Except for the Patriot in Big Smoke's Cash being meleeproof there's no other changes needed are there? Damageproof assumes both Crash and Melee.

Regarding another minor discovery I made;
Big Smoke's Cash mission opens after you have completed all 4 of Catalina's Robbery missions, you do not need to wait until you get to SF. The only thing is you need to make sure it's Monday or Friday, preferably before 5AM. I have noticed if you exit a Safehouse AFTER 5AM that the phone call does not always happen, location seems to affect it as well. What I do is save a few extra times to advance the clock, aim for around 2AM on Mon or Fri, haul ass on my Sanchez to the campground near flint intersection, get off the bike. As long as you don't have a wanted level the phone call happens at exactly 5am, then just go up Temple Drive, you can usually spot the courier about downtown or so and it almost always goes to Blueberry if you catch it this early. This is important because you can then get a tractor to tow it almost right away.

AH64Hunter
  • AH64Hunter

Forking and dongles

• Members

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:17 PM Edited by AH64Hunter, 01 October 2010 - 06:21 PM.

Cant you use the undrowning method on the Maverick in The Da Nang Thang it is a mission important vehicle.

System Error
  • System Error

Oh yeah.

• Members

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (Krawk @ Sep 23 2010, 21:17)
You can Gimp Date Helena with no modifications, just simply show up to her place in the Gimp Suit and the scene goes straight to Coffee. I would therefore presume then that two-timing is still active as it is a gimp suit date.

Regarding Damageproof "lazy" updates, seriously, what needs to change? Except for the Patriot in Big Smoke's Cash being meleeproof there's no other changes needed are there? Damageproof assumes both Crash and Melee.

wat

Don't you mean Millie?

Also, the full split would simply be for...full splitting's sake. >_> Sorry, brain isn't working right now.

Also, I apologize for not being able to get the next update out soon enough. Been busy, both with life stuff and another guide I felt like writing. tounge.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:22 AM Edited by OrionSR, 27 September 2010 - 02:29 AM.

QUOTE (System Error @ Aug 14 2010, 04:26)
Also, do you think you can give me an exact number on how much progress is lost if you're caught on a two-timing date?

Progress loss by getting caught during a two timing date is 4%. If I remember correctly, this is -4 for the jealous girlfriend, and -9 (-4 for two-timing, and -5 for failing) for the girl being dated.

http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1059980944

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sep 26 2010, 12:22)
Progress loss by getting caught during a two timing date is 4%. If I remember correctly, this is -4 for the jealous girlfriend, and -9 (-4 for two-timing, and -5 for failing) for the girl being dated.

Are you sure? I remember rather brightly that I was loosing only 5% progress with the girl dated, and none with the jealous girl. In the 4-star envirnomnent, after being caught within a home sfere, that is. Outside of this conditions, I dont really remember.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:16 PM

Your numbers should be correct for getting caught within the home sphere after a failed (4-star) date. I was describing the progress loss when caught outside of the home sphere. I'm not sure which condition System Error was asking about but now he has both sets of numbers.

Actually, the progress when caught within the home sphere is normal progress for the girl being dated (between -6 and +12) and 0 for the jealous girl.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (System Error @ Sep 26 2010, 05:37)
QUOTE (Krawk @ Sep 23 2010, 21:17)

Don't you mean Millie?

Gimp Suit date works on both Millie and Helena, as old as it is, I had learned this trick from Brady's Xbox/PC guide

AH64Hunter
  • AH64Hunter

Forking and dongles

• Members

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:40 PM

I think found a way to get the Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Sentinel in Mountain Cloud Boys with out cheats if you snipe the driver when he's driving it he falls out and than you can get in on fire and destroy
it than kill Woozie and shot it back to a garage using a sawed off shotgun.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (AH64Hunter @ Oct 4 2010, 18:40)
I think found a way to get the Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Sentinel in Mountain Cloud Boys with out cheats if you snipe the driver when he's driving it he falls out and than you can get in on fire and destroy
it than kill Woozie and shot it back to a garage using a sawed off shotgun.

Can you prove this theory? Until then it's just an interesting idea.

AH64Hunter
  • AH64Hunter

Forking and dongles

• Members

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:24 PM Edited by AH64Hunter, 08 October 2010 - 06:27 PM.

Well I can snipe the driver destroy it fail the mission and push it with the sawed-off shotgun ps2 greatest hits but I'm having trouble getting it to a garage but maybe if I push it on the tram tracks have the tram push it for me until it hits a corner then push it again when I'm out of the triads turf or if it comes from the south and push it to the Calton Heights Safehouse.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (AH64Hunter @ Oct 8 2010, 14:24)
Well I can snipe the driver destroy it fail the mission and push it with the sawed-off shotgun ps2 greatest hits but I'm having trouble getting it to a garage but maybe if I push it on the tram tracks have the tram push it for me until it hits a corner then push it again when I'm out of the triads turf or if it comes from the south and push it to the Calton Heights Safehouse.

For quick and dirty testing, have you used the Spawn Rhino cheat, of course remembering the Rhino is not fireproof.
Does the car move with sawn-offs? I know being in Triad turf they will shoot at you when you're using this method. You're not far from the Paradiso or Calton Heights garages but you obviously may need a motorcycle in there too to hold the door until the wreck is inside, I always have to use a motorcycle when pushing in the Boxville or it disappears instantly.

AH64Hunter
  • AH64Hunter

Forking and dongles

• Members

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:16 AM

I found a other way to get the girlfriends out of the proofed cars.
If you tow the girlfriends car and hit a police car the police will force the girlfriend out of the car and you can steal it I only did it with the Hustler and Bandito.

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (AH64Hunter @ Oct 15 2010, 23:16)
I found a other way to get the girlfriends out of the proofed cars.
If you tow the girlfriends car and hit a police car the police will force the girlfriend out of the car and you can steal it I only did it with the Hustler and Bandito.

Was this in 4 star territory or not?
I have towed the girlfriends cars hundreds of times and ran into cops many many times, but they usually bust me and don't worry about the girlfriend. This is a new one on me. I have never had the cops go after the girlfriend, only me.

AH64Hunter
  • AH64Hunter

Forking and dongles

• Members

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:13 AM

0 stars I just hit a police cruiser with the girlfriends car to get them to help me get the car.
I think it's the only time the police help.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (AH64Hunter @ Oct 16 2010, 02:13)
0 stars I just hit a police cruiser with the girlfriends car to get them to help me get the car.
I think it's the only time the police help.

The important thing being that the GF car must hit the cop car giving her one-star.

Avskygod0
  • Avskygod0

Председни&

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:53 AM

I think RC cam is a radio-control spy device for some cut mission. sarcasm.gif ph34r.gif

System Error
  • System Error

Oh yeah.

• Members

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:13 AM

Hey guys, I'm back. Anything new to report since the last update?

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

The verbage of the guide suggests that an ISV is an identical vehicle but the resource factor is much higher than the original. I think the guide should also be updated to reflect the fact the Sabre is easier to get in the mission The Green Sabre than it is in the mission Tanker Commander, so the one in Tanker Commander should be listed as the ISV. Thanks to OrionSR's method, what can possibly be easier than pulling up to the mission, crashing your car into the balla that is shooting from behind the sabre, blasting the sabre with a drive-by method or getting out of the car with a minigun and blasting it, getting into the car and wait for sweet to die, then simply drive away with it. In Tanker Commander you need to first go off and fetch a tractor, which do not always appear, sometimes require much driving to refresh, best chance is the farm in Blueberry Acres, then when the mission starts, run to your garage to fetch the tractor, come shoot Catalina then tow the car away. With Green Sabre there is nothing to really fetch, just damage the prize, get in and wait, then drive it away.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (System Error @ Mar 1 2011, 04:13)
Hey guys, I'm back. Anything new to report since the last update?

Did you catch the BP/EP/FP/DP Savanna in the mission Photo Opportunity, it's a separate thread.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:09 AM

I took a look at the GameFAQs version of System Error's Bulletproof Car Walkthrough and it doesn't look like Pomor's method for acquiring Cesar's BP/FP/EP/DP/MP Savanna from the Photo Opportunity mission is included - which makes sense since the topic wasn't created until a couple of weeks after the latest update of the guide.

Link to Pomor's topic: Put a new armour on this rusty lowrider

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:52 PM Edited by Krawk, 06 May 2011 - 05:06 PM.

BLACK PROJECT Clarifications - I am also able to confirm that Method 3 on Black Project does in fact work, it depends on the boat and the location however. When you exit the launch bay go south east and do NOT look towards where The Truth would be waiting, I flew over to the Esplanade North region. I landed on a Speeder and jacked it without a problem, The advantage of doing this is that it gets rid of the jetpack AND restores the ability to jack vehicles all in one step, but before doing that I made sure the version of the mothership I wanted would spawn. So I intentionally flew along this waterway until the target blip was to my east. Next, I flew Northeast towards The Truth's meeting point, This spawns the mothership as a roof closed version. Then I flew South to the Speeder, ferried the Speeder due North, crashed it on land, stole a Comet that's parked near a gas station, went and got the Rhino in Area 69 and got the mothership as normal. My suicide item in the garage is another car. I shoot the car until it billows black smoke, get in the car, crash into the wall a time or two, boom.
Next, for the roof-open version I exit the launch bay, fly due east for a bit until over the freeway, then fly due north. Next, fly west/southwest towards The Truth. This time the roof-open version of the mothership spawns. Next, fly to Esplanade North again and jack the same boat and repeat. Go get your Rhino in area 69. Apparently once you spawn a mothership it will not unspawn and respawn. Only certain boats appear jackable using this method.

See next message regarding the UCV all-Black Maverick.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:13 PM

After more experimenting with the mission Interdiction and acquiring the UCV all-black Maverick I have formulated a slightly easier way to acquire it.
Make sure there's room in Doherty.
Leave the towtruck in Fort Carson.
Start the mission as normal, get in the buggy, go to the right/north, cross the bridge to Fort Carson and get the Towtruck.
Go to first checkpoint but remember to exit Towtruck before entering marker. Skip cutscene and drive Towtruck up mountain. Do not go to very top of mountain, leave Towtruck at bottom of wooden-plank covered hill. Run to top of mountain to second marker. Skip cutscene. Next you can sort of "fall" down the hill slowly without taking damage, remember it's South and East of where you spawn after cutscene. Take the usual pop-shots at enemy mavericks with the minigun until their engines sound really slow, then switch to M4 or Mp5 and pop a few more shots until they become grounded. After you have one or two on the ground, damage the Leviathan until it has a very small energy bar, let the enemy finish the job though to avoid a two-star wanted level. Next, walk over to the Black Maverick and punch it. This will make the pilot get out and attack you. Kill him and hook up your Towtruck. Keep reading to see why I just did this. Next, tow the chopper to Doherty. Before attempting to tow the chopper into the garage, get out of the Towtruck and try to enter the chopper. You don't need to drop it from the Towtruck to do this. The door is locked and CJ will simply fail. Enter the Doherty garage with the Towtruck and jackknife it using a modified "360" maneuver then unhitch and drive out. When I did this the Maverick was on the left side of the garage and the tail was sticking straight out. Once the door closes it's all yours.
Now... WHY did I try to enter the locked chopper? Firstly, if the pilot is in the chopper CJ will not even attempt to enter it so you have to make him exit. Second, if you make no attempt to enter the chopper, there is a VERY HIGH probability that the chopper will disappear long before the Doherty door closes. For whatever reason, the game forgets the chopper and wipes it from memory before the door is closed but if you made a jack attempt it remains in memory. I made many nerve-racking attempts to get this chopper and it truly was a game of chance until I discovered this new secret. It would bring the difficulty rating from 5 stars down to 3 easily when you follow the new suggestion.

Something I did NOT try but might be worth a try, shoot the pilot through the window and see if he falls out with the door hanging open. If so you can fly the chopper carefully to Doherty. Then it's a matter of pushing by hand into the garage, nose first of course. Much like attempting to jack, actual jacked vehicles are remembered by the game.

Remember after the next mission, Verdant Meadows to be more practical and move the Maverick to the hangar. I find that carefully pushing the Maverick out from the front reduces the likelihood of damage, for whatever reason the Hangar hates damaged vehicles. Easiest way is to walk to front of chopper, use manual aim mode and then just push from the nose until the blades are clear from the garage.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

Wow, nice to see so much has happened here already. Haven't been around here or in any other gaming forum for a long time.

Re getting rid of the jetpack, not sure if it's been discussed before already but another quick way to get rid of it is to simply enter blue hell and drop way way down until you respawn on the ground.

I think it's better to do it in #33 entrance based on MB's Map, it's the nearest to the casino where you can play on the slot machine to restore your ability to ride.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:01 PM

The Jetpack in The Black Project and Green Goo can be removed by trying to puchase a can of sprunk from the pop machine in Fort Carson, just west of the Cluckin Bell. Entering a car after that is no problem.

I never knew that people were looking for a easy way to do this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users