1,037 replies to this topic
OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:45 AM

There are quite a few aircraft available from the beginning of the game. The Seasparrows at the base of the dam and the one north of the airstrip are always available. These are small enough to fit on the roof of the Mulholland garage. The Sparrow also fits, but isn't available early in the game.

The Maverick at the SF airport is always unlocked, and the Maverick on the helipad at the Boat School is always available - it isn't even in restricted territory. Mavericks are easy enough to store in El Corona and Impounds; they fit in Santa Maria but tend to get stuck. Police Mavericks and News Maverick are spawned by high wanted levels. The Leviathan at the LV airport is always available, but tends to get blocked by a Dodo spawn, and is a royal pain to escape without destroying. The Cargobob at the LV military base suffers from the same problem. I'm not sure either can be stored.

Both the country and desert Cropdusters always spawn. Dodos and Shamals spawn at the LS and LV airports, A couple of Skimmers always spawn, I usually nab the one at the boat school because it's not restricted. The AT-400 is always available, but tricky to spawn.

The planes at the SF airport are locked until flight school, but that hasn't prevented people from jacking the Rustler early in the game. The last heard, no one has yet collected the Rustler on an In the Beginning save without using cheats, trainers, or mods. However, by using a series of mission exploits, the Rustler has be collected early enough to proof with the Gray Imports mission. I'll try to find the topic if you are interested.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:54 PM

Additional Guide Update - Because of Jealous girlfriends when I acquired the Rancher in Lure I didn't want to go to LS and risk losing points with Denise (she's still at 15% although she doesn't show up in Accomplishments) so I had to find a new dunk point. Whenther or not you're doing jealous GFs a better dunk point is in SF, when you trigger the chase scene turn right onto the freeway, go all the way to SF make the first left and follow the western coast. On the North end of Ocean Flats there's a dock, when you go to the North side of this dock it becomes Palisades, anyway, drive straight into the water slowly until your engine stalls. Wait a second or 2 just to make sure the vehicle is submerged because there are waves and the water level changes. Exit the vehicle as normal to fail the mission, now, if you're lucky and did it just right it's as easy as pushing the ass end of the vehicle just a little bit North, when the water drops get in, wait a cycle, when the water is down again simply back out. The drive to a suitable garage is much shorter too this way too!

This might be an OrionSR question in regards to all the proofings of vehicles in the whole game - Did you run the scripts for the Steal Cars strand? - What's up with the Elegy in Test Drive? This is the ride Cesar drives - If you bump into him, you take damage, he does not, when he bumps into traffic, they take damage, he does not, there is one scene however that he drives across a park and literally skims partially through a tree, sort of like if you push an aircraft by hand, it goes through things.

SystemError - I hope you have everything you need for all the guide changes, you have yet to acknowledge an email or PM from me and some of my proposed changes are generalized and I figure you might have questions.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Krawk @ May 3 2010, 00:54)
A What's up with the Elegy in Test Drive? This is the ride Cesar drives - If you bump into him, you take damage, he does not, when he bumps into traffic, they take damage, he does not, there is one scene however that he drives across a park and literally skims partially through a tree, sort of like if you push an aircraft by hand, it goes through things.

I dont think this Elegy is proofed. I tryed it some time ago, it seemed it just had gigantic amount of health. When Cesar was waiting in front of the Dohery, I, instead of driving into the red marker, had shot at his gas tank. The Elegy did not exploded BUT it started to emit a smoke. The next shot to the gas tank destroyed the car.

From this observation I guess the shot to the gas tank is not "destroy the car at once" but rather "multiply the damage by the factor of X".

System Error
  • System Error

Oh yeah.

• Members

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:09 PM

Just about done, guys. I just need to write the section on the jealous girlfriends, and possibly the impound lots as well. Been really busy this month, sorry for the delay.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Black Mage

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (System Error @ Jun 1 2010, 22:09)
Just about done, guys. I just need to write the section on the jealous girlfriends, and possibly the impound lots as well. Been really busy this month, sorry for the delay.

I hope you do it within time. I bet you've got the vacation, so let's have a good SA week!

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:06 PM Edited by OrionSR, 01 June 2010 - 11:12 PM.

Oh, no! I hope it's not too late to add another proofed vehicle: Toreno's Last Flight: Maverick; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

That one is still listed as unobtainable - isn't it? Anyway, DeuxHero from the PS2 SA board at GameFAQs wrote that he shot it down with a shotgun and wanted to know where to store it. I decided to test the idea.

No cheats, trainers, or mods were used. I used CCPD's Pier 69 save.
One death or arrest is currently required. I'll look for another way to fail the mission.

The method I used: (PCv1)

Acquire the sawn-off shotgun and 1000 to 1500 shells. Free up some room in the Doherty garage. Start the mission and go to the top of pointy building. Parachute to the roof east of the helipad - just behind the helicopter. Shoot the Maverick off the helipad. Jump off the roof, get into the helicopter, and fly to the garage. Push the Maverick into the garage using a vehicle. Make sure the door can shut. Open the door and use grenades to suicide while the door is still open. The mission will fail, the garage door will close when CJ warps away, and the Maverick will be stored with all proofings.

Tips:

Don't jump down to or fly over the helipad after finally shooting it off the helipad.
At first - try to shoot the Maverick on the tail from behind. It will slide further when pushed forward.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ May 2 2010, 03:45)
There are quite a few aircraft available from the beginning of the game. The Seasparrows at the base of the dam and the one north of the airstrip are always available. These are small enough to fit on the roof of the Mulholland garage. The Sparrow also fits, but isn't available early in the game.

The Maverick at the SF airport is always unlocked, and the Maverick on the helipad at the Boat School is always available - it isn't even in restricted territory. Mavericks are easy enough to store in El Corona and Impounds; they fit in Santa Maria but tend to get stuck. Police Mavericks and News Maverick are spawned by high wanted levels. The Leviathan at the LV airport is always available, but tends to get blocked by a Dodo spawn, and is a royal pain to escape without destroying. The Cargobob at the LV military base suffers from the same problem. I'm not sure either can be stored.

Both the country and desert Cropdusters always spawn. Dodos and Shamals spawn at the LS and LV airports, A couple of Skimmers always spawn, I usually nab the one at the boat school because it's not restricted. The AT-400 is always available, but tricky to spawn.

The planes at the SF airport are locked until flight school, but that hasn't prevented people from jacking the Rustler early in the game. The last heard, no one has yet collected the Rustler on an In the Beginning save without using cheats, trainers, or mods. However, by using a series of mission exploits, the Rustler has be collected early enough to proof with the Gray Imports mission. I'll try to find the topic if you are interested.

You can also get the Raindance from the SF airport, but its a pretty lame chopper but i thought i should add it anyway

I managed to get the Rustler early before the first mission without 4 star exploits from other missions ( such as drive by). I have worked on a more reliable route on getting it to the garage now, my methods are getting better so I should actually have a video of it soon. Firstly I gotta use the garage space in Doherty to get Katies Romero that was eaten, then once I undrown that and bring it to LS il make a video getting the Rustler.

Has anyone made any videos on how to get these proofed/unique vehicles? Some of them I get confused with the descriptions but I cant seem to find them on youtube.

deuxhero
  • deuxhero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:29 AM Edited by deuxhero, 02 June 2010 - 03:38 AM.

You can post the method for the Toreno's Last Flight Maverick if you want to. I pretty much used the same method as above, only I jacked a helicopter from the SF airport and flew to the nearby perch instead of parachuting to the place (and I used the amunation shooting range glitch to get effectively infinite ammo for the shotguns)

Also, would it be possible to use a grey imports explosive proof seasparrow (which you don't need a wanted meter bug to get early, just fly counterclockwise around the map, get in the seasparrow north of the airbase, quickly fly it behind the line that gets you 4 stars, exit and wait to lose a star) to down a Hyrda, stuff the remains of THAT in a garage so it gets fixed, then use grey imports to make it explosive proof?

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:41 AM

we have been trying to do that for a loong time actually. Its really hard though, probably impossible. You see the game loses track of its wreckage very fast, once you shoot it down it dissapears. If you are lucky and you can push it, it dissapears once you touch it a few times, or as soon as you get to a garage it dissapears.

The only garage that can hold it is Doherty ( early in the game that is) or SF impound im guessing? So all testing must be done near SF

Im not sure if this idea has been tested but i would like to hear some opinions on this idea on how to get it, how it could work or why it cant work: undrown a maverick and fly around near the ocean floor. The Hydra should chase after you if you have 4 stars, and it might fly into the water to chase you.I hear from some people as it floats down it lands upside down, could it be possible to guide it down to the ocean floor with the maverik? Anyway once it hits the ocean floor push it to the undrowning zone and hopefully it should be undrowned. Fly it off the map into the grey zone area to make it teleport above the water ( i tested this with a helicopter it worked) and then fly it to the Sf garage to store it, or the mission trigger for Grey Imports if you are that far in the game.

My results: I have yet to drown it yet. Sometimes it doesnt chase after me at all, but I have had times where as soon as i get into the chopper underwater I will see it on the radar. Its fun dodging its missles underwater because they move slower. One test they hit me and killed me, and i swear i saw it crashing into the water as i died. I would like some ideas on this before i try it out some more as it takes time

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:10 PM Edited by pomor, 02 June 2010 - 11:16 PM.

I was never able to retrieve Hydra I have manually put into the water. Thats why I gave up on the Hydra's undrowning methods. Maybe if it'd drown for you just over unsolid sea floor? But you wolud have to get into your Hydra before it enters blue hell...

Anyway, this maverick, it is an interesting method. I thought that planes/chopers cannot be pushed by gunfire. Maybe, the Maverick is an exception? I wonder if this method can be used to obtain proofed Boxville without cheats.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:16 AM

What was the main problem of not being able to undrown it?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:52 AM

I doubt the same trick will work with the Boxville in the T-Bone Mendez mission. The cut-scene is triggered if CJ is within a 50 meter radius of the intersection. It would be necessary to shoot, hit, and move the Boxville when it is over 100 meters away in order to clear the cut-scene trigger. I don't think the stubby has that kind of range so if the Boxville can't be moved by the mini-gun then the non-cheaters are (probably) out of luck.

BTW, I tried different shotguns, grenades, rockets, and the mini-gun, but only the stubby would budge that Maverick.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Jun 3 2010, 05:16)
What was the main problem of not being able to undrown it?

I could not push it. At all.
It do not land upside down. It is worse, it just hovers on it's nose, slighty tilted backwards. While in this posision it cannot be entered nor towed.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:41 PM

I came to the conclusion that the only way is to push the Hydra into shallow water while undrowned (a swimming CJ can't push it). It should be convinced to tilt the right way, and when it still is barely floating CJ can enter and extend the wheels before pushing it the last bit onto shore. I'm fairly sure that bit can work at least once in a 1000 tries wink.gif

The other problem is to get one to ditch while intact. I've only managed that in the reservoir above the dam (where there isn't any known way to undrown). Unlike the helicopters the Hydra's aren't prone to ditching in areas with normal water levels.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:38 PM

So if there method to get it, which one is the most "possible" method? I heard someone going on in the impound topic about how he could impound cars without getting in them, and that it might be possible to do the same with the hydra

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Jun 3 2010, 21:38)
So if there method to get it, which one is the most "possible" method? I heard someone going on in the impound topic about how he could impound cars without getting in them, and that it might be possible to do the same with the hydra

It is a long shot. I did not tested it properly yet. Frankly, I sort of forgot. I intended to start flight school tests during a high wanted level, cancel it when Hydra show up (if it shows up). Rinse and repeat. After several dosens of tries I wanted to save and check LV impound, to see if Hydra can be snached from the air that way.
One day I'll try it out, but I'm plying Gothic 2 NOTR right now and not in the mood for testing some obscure GTA gliches blush.gif
However, if you can be bothered, be my guest. cookie.gif

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:18 PM Edited by Jack Reacher, 04 June 2010 - 02:38 AM.

Maybe you could change your test to something easier and see if you can control what can be impounded, and if it works for other goals.

For instance, does this work with other mission triggers, such as the broadway in Idlewood? Or does it only work with the schools. Also I was afraid at first the only vehicles that got impounded were the vehicles that were awarded to you when you got all golds. However this all changed when you mentioned a washington was impounded and that you never drove one. Because those rewardvehicles were close to the mission trigger they must have gotten impounded, maybe a Washington drove by and got impounded on that try?

To anyone testing this ( I would but I havent unlocked the schools) maybe try with say 3 stars and see if you can get cops that follow you to be impounded. I would try this on cop cars but I cant seem to get cars and bikes to spawn in the impound, i just dont understand the camera process.

Maybe it could be possible to get the hydra to fly over the broadway and start the pimping missions just as it flies away, however you would also impound your chopper you used to impound it.

Another trigger at the start of the game is the one in LV parking lot, emerald isle. However you would have to somehow lure the hydra right into the parking lot, which would require a lot of luck. If we cant use those triggers i guess we could start the first mission and use actual mission triggers and be happy we got it early in the game before barriers are removed

Finally, I have a really wild idea. I remember a video where a guy jumped out of a plane and onto a beagle while they were flying. By some ridiculous chance could it be "possible" to do the same to the hydra? Yes, it would be very unlikely but I want to know if it is actually possible to land and stay on it, and then possible airjack it. With airjacking if you can get CJ to the touch the door he clings on no matter what so that part might not be the problem. I also have a lot of luck manipulating the hydras path with my shamal so that i can crash right into it, maybe its possible to adjust it so i fly just over it and get out? Worth a laugh lol

EDIT: Airjacking the hydra seems impossible. Landing on it might be possible, but i just spawned one and tried it on land by jumping on top of it. CJ wouldnt even budge, he would go for the door. I stood on the wing, he got no reaction when i prompted him to steal it. I woudl still be curious to see what would happen if you landed on it though, seeing as it is meant to fly away once you are out of an air vehicle. impounding it in LS using the broadway or some other mission starter could work, as i impounded on just now using cheats and it fit twice in the impound perfectly. However when I went back with my towtruck, it was half in the ground and exploded. Sometimes it is fine, othertimes it just blows up instantly, anyone know why?

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Jun 4 2010, 00:18)
EDIT: Airjacking the hydra seems impossible. Landing on it might be possible, but i just spawned one and tried it on land by jumping on top of it. CJ wouldnt even budge, he would go for the door.

I remember I have read in some topic that in order to "jack" a vehicle CJ's feet must be on the ground. I'll try to look for it.

I do not even know if Hydra spawned by wanted level is impoundable, as Police/News Maverick are not. Flight School will help me to determine that. Then, I can check if some other impounding missions can be used too. Preferably before "Gray Imports". Frankly, I dont think it will work, too many "if"s, but who knows...
I wonder if there is some program leting you check the contens of the garages and impounds on the fly, without saving.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:26 PM

oh yeah chances are you cant impound this hydra, you cant impound the police and news until you garage them. Kind of unrelated but I wonder where it will go if you do manage to land on it? You arent flying a vehicle so it should fly away, would it just dissapear? And yeah you have to be on the ground I tested it on land it didnt work

System Error
  • System Error

Oh yeah.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:34 AM

Okay, here's the intro to the jealous girlfriends section. Look good?

#####################################
9: Two-Timing Girlfriend BP/FP/EP/DPs
#####################################

A major thanks to OrionSR for this section.

You know how sometimes, when dating multiple girlfriends, one of them may show
up and catch you when on a date with another? No? Unfortunately, that's because
it's bugged, making getting these vehicles a bit of a difficult task.

Well, if you do trigger one, the girlfriend will show up in a BP/FP/EP/DP
version of the car she drives, with the exception of Millie, who will show up
in a BP/FP/EP/DP Feltzer instead of a Club for some unknown reason.

So how do you get one to show up? Well, the requirements are very unusual, and
they have the potential to be permanently disabled, so listen up. If the dates
are not disabled, there is a 50% chance a jealous girlfriend will show up after
you leave/fail to reach the destination, or complete/fail a goal. This happens
seven seconds after the "return home" phase of the date.

Now for how they can be permanently disabled...and here's the atrociously
oversized kicker: by completing a normal date! That's right, you complete any
date normally, and the offer for a potential two-timing girlfriend date is off
the table. FOREVER.

So do you just not go on any dates, ever? Well, you could. But there are two
other methods to pull it off. First off, if a two-timing date is triggered, you
can avoid disabling these dates. After it's triggered, you can either get
caught (and lose progress with both girls), or take the dated girl home without
getting too far away from the jealous one (around 200 "units"), which will give
normal progress with the dated girl and no change in the jealous one. Either
way, you'll still be able to experience a two-timing date.

Alternatively, you can keep the scripts inactive. If you're on a driving date,
or in Denise's case, a drive-by date (where you let her shoot at enemy gang
members, can be done on any date), you can try to end the date near a location
that resets a date, before the check for the jealous girl can be done. These
include Ammu-nations, Gyms, side-missions like Valet and Trucking, and story
missions. You'll still end the date positively and get a progress increase,
though no chance for "coffee". This also allows for another date to occur
instantly, as long as the girl is available in the first place. You can also
try to end the date near the girl's house so you can get to the marker before
the 7-second timer expires. Dates where the check isn't done - namely, dates
where Michelle drives, or Gimp Suit dates with Millie - also work and do not
trigger the checks/disable the scripts.

Oh, and that's not all to get by. Even if you do meet the requirements for a
two-timing date, remember: there's still only a 50% chance that a jealous
girlfriend will show up. If that 50% check is failed, the scripts are disabled.
Fun crap, is it not? But wait! It gets BETTER! Even if she does show up, if you
evade her, the scripts will also be disabled! And last, but not least, the girl
who shows up is randomly selected between all your active girlfriends. You
might see Barbara seven times before you see Katie.

So yeah, you're screwed. Extreme planning and caution is required if you want
even a snowball's chance in hell of obtaining these. There are two things you
can do to help, however. If the date fails as a result of a high wanted level,
you'll keep the scripts inactive. This isn't particularly useful, however.

However, if you kill a girlfriend during the phase when you're supposed to go
to your destination, you'll not only keep open the option for a two-timing
date, but you'll also remove the girl from your list, giving those you don't
have the cars of yet a better chance to show up! This is only useful with
Helena, Katie, Michelle, and Barbara, as they can be re-met if you've
collected all the oysters. However, DREVIL919 claims you must kill them after
a jealous girlfriend catches you. Not too big a deal if that's the case.

If by some act of god you manage to pull it off, you can obtain these
special girlfriends' cars to use for yourself.

For more information, check out this topic at GTAForums:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=424135

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:04 AM

Good find OrionSR on the Maverick... At least there is a method to get it now, obviously not as easy as the one in Misappropriation. Hopefully SE will learn to trust the Doherty garage a little better with my suggestions, where else would you store this anyway, other than say on the roof in Mulholland but you may very well already have a EP/FP Seasparrow or such up there.

SystemError... (Or OrionSR) regarding the Gimp Dates, does the script remain active if you Gimp Date with Helena? I only ask because SE mentions Gimping with Millie, perhaps he doesn't know about Helena?

I'm sure you're not being charged per byte so hopefully you can spell out the specific vehicles each GF has (I know Helena has a Bandito but hell, there's also a pickup truck parked in her yard too when she's home) and also needs to be described several methods to obtain each vehicle. I've heard towtruck methods, I've heard walk up to her vehicle and punch it, try to get her to get out of the vehicle. Has anyone tried shooting thru the window, such as getting the Merit in 555-WETIP ?

Also should mention that because Millie drives a redundant car, the best time in the storyline to pull this off is right after Flight School where you have all your garages available As long as you're NOT in/around Denise's house area in LS you will NOT lose progress with her so after Burning Desire there's just a few quick missions to complete before you leave LS anyway

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:09 AM

Um... Gimp dates are normally exclusive to Millie. It's possible to modify the girlfriend preference to allow gimping with other girls, but I don't think anyone ever does this. I tend to qualify statements like 'She Drives (Michelle)' where Michelle is the most common and obvious example for a She Drives date. Still, I think SE wording doesn't add any confusion.

Hmm... BP/FP/EP/DP, instead of BP/FP/EP/CP/MP. Well, it's the author's prerogative.

making getting these vehicles a bit of a difficult task.

You may want to state right up front that most players will need to start a new save. This seems to be a point of contention even among players who are experienced proof hunters.

around 200 "units"

May as well say "meters" as this has more conceptual meaning.

If the date fails as a result of a high wanted level,
you'll keep the scripts inactive. This isn't particularly useful, however.

This is not quite true. If the date fails instantly because CJ hasn't moved out of the marker then the date ends before the 7 second timer kicks in. However, if CJ moves as soon as he has control of the car then it's possible for a jealous girl to show up. This is how people are able to acquire these vehicles early in the game.

A very good introduction. This section appears to cover all of the complexities involved in making the proofed GF cars available. I agree with Krawk that some mention of the difficulty of coaxing the girlfriends out of the car and other details for obtaining the vehicles should be included. But that's fairly normal proof hunting stuff. The really hard bit looks good.

A note on girlfriend progress. The girls will want to break up with CJ when he reaches -15%. It takes a while to get there from 15% when you only lose 2% for missed calls, or 3% for taking the call and not showing up. Extreme care with Denise isn't always necessary. Unfortunately, the GFs tend to drop off the stats when they are under 15% on PS2.

System Error
  • System Error

Oh yeah.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:44 AM Edited by System Error, 16 June 2010 - 03:47 AM.

I've really only not changed BP/FP/EP/DP yet out of general laziness. It'd be a lot of work to correct the spacing, etc. caused by the extra three characters. I'll fix it sometime, but this version is not the time. Also, how much do you lose for getting caught by the jealous girlfriend? I say this only because of the method where you date Denise during the riots. It'd also help to know how much progress you lose if you fail due to a high wanted level.

And Gimp Suit dates with Helena? Never heard of that before. Care to elaborate...?

This is not quite true. If the date fails instantly because CJ hasn't moved out of the marker then the date ends before the 7 second timer kicks in. However, if CJ moves as soon as he has control of the car then it's possible for a jealous girl to show up. This is how people are able to acquire these vehicles early in the game.

So as soon as the date starts, you move out of where the marker is, get a high wanted level, wait 7 seconds, and a jealous girlfriend can show up? Am I understanding that right?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:44 AM

Gimp Suit Date Elaboration: I decoded the bits that control the girlfriend preferences and can enable Gimp Suit and She Drives dates with any of the girlfriends. This is the only method I know to get Helena to respond to the Gimp Suit. I don't see how this applies. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding or I documented something wrong somewhere.

You didn't quite get the wanted level business. Keep in mind that this usually applies to capturing the GF cars early in the game, while SF or LV is still restricted, so a 4 star wanted level is permanently in effect until CJ returns to LS. Anyway, CJ can trigger the date and just sit there. The date will fail, progress is lost, and the two-timing scripts never trigger so they remain active. The only point in this is that now the fast food joints are unlocked so CJ can fatten up - a difficult trick when you are trying to get things done without completing any missions. Or, CJ can trigger the date and hold the gas so he moves out of the home sphere while the girl is still expressing an interest in food, but before the date can actually fail. Wait 7 seconds. If the jealous girl doesn't appear then reload. If she does appear then wait until she is very close and drive into the home sphere. After the cut-scene the jealous girl will still be hanging around and you can begin the nasty business of recovering her car with cops complicating the matter.

Something else: the proofings are applied to the vehicle during the "gotcha" cut-scene. This scene is broken by the ending of the date. Timing is important or the proofings will be missing. Enter the home sphere the date starts to end, the jealous girl catches up and the gotcha scene starts, but then the end-date scene does it's thing and allows CJ to move again.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:36 PM

I have a video on exactly how to do it, would it be worth uploading it or are there other videos?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:26 PM Edited by OrionSR, 27 September 2010 - 10:00 PM.

QUOTE (System Error @ Jun 15 2010, 20:44)
Also, how much do you lose for getting caught by the jealous girlfriend? I say this only because of the method where you date Denise during the riots. It'd also help to know how much progress you lose if you fail due to a high wanted level.

Okay, I think this is a comprehensive list. Its a bit more than you asked for but it needed to be documented somewhere.

Girlfriend Progress

-1 for canceling a date using a mission during the "destination" phase of the date
-1 for kissing Katie, Barbara, or Helena
-2 for missing a phone call
-3 for missing a date after taking a phone call
-4 with both girls for getting caught while two-timing (and another -5 with the dated girl, I think)
-5 for failing a date

=-99 if progress drops to -15 or below, then
=-100 for getting dumped (I think)
=-999 for killing a date (I think)

=5 for a successful date if progress was below 0
=15 for meeting a girlfriend
=45 if progress is between -14 and 0 when all oysters are collected (Katie, Barbara, Michelle, and Helena only)
=100 if progress is greater than 100

+10 for a successful She Drives date (ignores wanted level)
+10 for a Gimp Suit date
+5 for all other successful dates
+5 for coffee
+1 for one gift
+1 for kissing Denise, Michelle, or Millie
+1 (extra) for kissing a girl who likes kissing and also has the "exhibitionist" bit set (unused)

Dates are restricted to eating dates if progress is below 30 (except maybe Drive-By dates)
The parked girlfriend cars are unlocked when progress is at or above 50
An outfit is awarded when progress reaches 100 (except Millie)

Time allowed to pick up the girl after a phone call is 5:30, if I understand my notes correctly
Time to reach the destination is 5 hours for Barbara and Helena, 3 hours for all other girlfriends.
Time allowed to reach home is 6 hours.

Minimum successful dance score is 3000 points.
The cop and country outfits add 25% to appearance for Barbara or Helena, respectively.
Girlfriend progress is applied as an appearance bonus.

Girlfriends want to break up at -15% progress, but stats will report 0% if the "global" progress is below 0. Actually, their stats tend to disappear if progress is too low. On PS2 the stats tend to disappear if below 15.

System Error
  • System Error

Oh yeah.

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:40 AM Edited by System Error, 17 June 2010 - 03:49 AM.

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Jun 16 2010, 13:36)
I have a video on exactly how to do it, would it be worth uploading it or are there other videos?

Yeah, that'd be for the best, I think. I was trying to put in some videos of the methods to obtain the vehicles anyway, but never got around to asking anyone.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Jun 15 2010, 20:44)
You didn't quite get the wanted level business. Keep in mind that this usually applies to capturing the GF cars early in the game, while SF or LV is still restricted, so a 4 star wanted level is permanently in effect until CJ returns to LS. Anyway, CJ can trigger the date and just sit there. The date will fail, progress is lost, and the two-timing scripts never trigger so they remain active. The only point in this is that now the fast food joints are unlocked so CJ can fatten up - a difficult trick when you are trying to get things done without completing any missions. Or, CJ can trigger the date and hold the gas so he moves out of the home sphere while the girl is still expressing an interest in food, but before the date can actually fail. Wait 7 seconds. If the jealous girl doesn't appear then reload. If she does appear then wait until she is very close and drive into the home sphere. After the cut-scene the jealous girl will still be hanging around and you can begin the nasty business of recovering her car with cops complicating the matter.

So you start the date with a high wanted level. The girl will come out, ask for something like food, but you'll fail instantly due to the high wanted level. Ordinarily, you'd be parked in the home sphere as soon as it starts, but if you reverse out of it as soon as you gain control, that won't happen. You'll still fail and will be prompted to take the girl home, but a jealous girlfriend may still be triggered. This is mainly useful for getting the girlfriend cars as early in the game as possible, as well as unlocking fast food places early on.

Is that right?

By the way, I think there's one last thing to that list, though it's even more than I need. If you die or get busted a lot around where Katie and Barbara respectively are, your progress will change with them depending on how your last date with them went (it goes up if it was good, goes down if it was bad). There's also dying on a date and your girlfriend dying without you abusing her (such as when Denise is pulled out of the car during a drive-by date and shot to death), but I assume they fall under failure as well.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:22 AM

Yes, that bit about the wanted level looks good.

That other bit about the progress... I don't know. A bit of actual testing would be in order. I didn't see anything in the scripts, but as I have mentioned many times before, the girlfriend scripts are extremely confusing. There could be all sorts of stuff going on that I don't understand. However, sometimes the game will display a change of progress even though nothing has changed. This led to a bit of confusion regarding a glitch to increase progress when meeting a girl just by hanging around after getting her number. The progress never changed, but the progress bar kept popping up anyway. I remember seeing apparently random changes to progress when I played on PS2, but I don't think this happens on the PC version.

System Error
  • System Error

Oh yeah.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:41 AM Edited by System Error, 10 July 2010 - 07:01 AM.

Sorry for the lack of progress, but does this look good for the impound lot section?

---------------------------------
4.06: A Guide to the Impound Lots
---------------------------------
The police impound lots are a peculiar feature of the game, slated to be
featured in a dropped mission that was to be known as "Impounded", where you
get a vehicle for Cesar to modify, only for it to be towed before you get a
chance to do so. Therefore, they go mostly unnoticed by many players.

However, even the explanation that was to be given in that mission only
scratched the surface as to the capabilities of these special places.

First of all, the most basic function of these is to get back cars you lost. If
you begin a mission only to find your prized car has vanished, it is because a
Clear Area command has been issued. Many of these exist, but the most notable
are the Triathalons, which clear the whole map, and Bike/Boat School, which
clear a large area around the school. Alternatively, if you just take too many
cars and one is unspawned, you may find said vehicle waiting for you in the
garage - complete with unique properties, proofing, or modifications.

This may just seem like a neat little feature, but the potential for abuse here
is massive. If you can say, retrieve an aircraft or vehicle you're not supposed
to obtain yet from an area early on in the game, you can use it with the Grey
Imports trick. Or, if there's a unique vehicle being particularly nasty to you,
it may be possible to trigger the impound lot, and get it put in there instead.
But that's only scratching the surface.

You see, the impound lots function as a garage of some sort. There's even an
invisible door like object that functions similarly to those at save houses.
Any vehicles stored within an impound lot will stay until they get despawned
for whatever reason. While this mainly will apply to the last few vehicles
stored in memory, it is possible to put a vehicle inside manually and use it as
storage space. The area where these vehicles can be placed, and also where all
your "lost" vehicles end up, is known as the garage zone.

That's the good news. The bad news is, you're better off using the Doherty
Garage in casual play than you are with using these in terms of reliability.
Some vehicles do better than others: The Vortex is one that has been shown to
be particularly stable, and aircraft also behaves well. But everything else
is subject to an extreme danger: if you're not looking at the garage zone when
the invisible door opens or closes, every vehicle within will more than likely
be deleted. While this may have been intentional, the problem is, the vehicles
tend to disappear when you approach the garage zone, rather than as you're
leaving. So if you want to fetch a vehicle from one of these zones, or use them
as a garage space, careful planning will be required.

In Los Santos, things are okay. If you hug the inside wall and keep looking in
the direction of the vehicle, odds are you'll be all right. But there may be a
random vehicle spawn that can possibly deleted one of the vehicles. Take
caution when using this.

San Fierro's impound lot is even worse. Not only is the impound zone behind you
as you descend inside, but the fact that the garages have little Z-Tolerance
means it will close right away. Adding to the fun is how you'll have two random
vehicle spawns to contend with, and any bikes get spawned wedged between the
garage's ceiling and the parking lot above.

Las Venturas has it easy by comparison. There are two floors to this place, and
it is possible to drive into the lot by way of an opening to the lower floor
without having to mess with the madness of the door. There's a recessed area in
this place as well, allowing for one to exit. As long as you move all junk cars
you don't want out of the zone, and keep your eye on it as you exit, you're off
to the races!

If you know and learn the secrets of the impound lot, you may be able to take
advantage of them for yourself. And one final note: all impound lots have a
limit of 3 vehicles in the garage zone. Any more than that, and they'll start
being replaced. So take caution.

For more information, see this topic on GTAForums:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=304874

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:02 AM

Sorry for the late reply, dont play GTA SA much now but I do still have a video saved. However it is in LS, not 4 star territory. If i decide to get Katies Romero I will record that. So there are no other videos on youtube on how to get other proofed vehicles? I never actually got into getting special vehicles, even though I was interested in it. I got all of the vehicles in VC, and im considering doing it for SA, may as well record as I do it if no one else has done it, giving credit to system and others who found the method I used

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users