Quantcast

» «
Photo

how many times have you completed the story?

22 replies to this topic
gregor1408
  • gregor1408

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

hi everyone, i was just wondering how many times have you completed gta4 and both of the dlc's storylines?, i have completed gta4 three times, tlad and tbogt two times, i still cant get enough of this game, so what about you? and no spoilers! tounge.gif , cheers

CrowBarZ
  • CrowBarZ

Storm Mancini

• Members

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

I've beat GTA 4 at least 6 times. TBOGT around twice and TLAD only once.

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:26 PM Edited by Karjerker, 24 January 2012 - 09:22 AM.

Grand Theft Auto - five times during 2011 (GTA-IV in less than thirty hours) ... The Lost and Damned, five times also, and that number also applies to The Ballard of Gay Tony. I'm currently re-playing TBoGT again with the dialogue option subtitles turned on (and about to do Party's Over) so I can get an accurate script of all spoken dialogue for a publication. Should be finished with it by this evening. UPDATE: Well, although it seems longer, the actual defending the club scene in TBoGT only actually lasts two minutes and the scene in which you have to step outside lasts around thirty seconds - and to think, when you are in the middle of a ****storm, it seems to last forever.

UPDATE: I just completed GTA-IV, the whole of the main mission storyline (94 primary missions) in seventeen hours, fifteen minutes and in twenty-three game days. Can anyone beat that? Please note, I did not watch any of the cut-scenes, simply did the missions - and this includes the playing time taken to get to and from them.

Rabadon
  • Rabadon

Ragdolling Makes Me Giggle

• Members
  • Mozambique

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

I have completed;
GTAIV: 3 times
TLAD: 3 times
Tbogt: 5 times

It's funny Karjerker, EVERYTHING is so much easier and simple with controllers, the bad thing is, is that PC gamers always get the cooler stuff to play around with, where as we have to find legit cool stuff to do, when you guys are flying ****ing reinsures around with flame throwers and throwing knives while playing as kirby! But hey, I guess we both have ups and downs, right? biggrin.gif

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:36 AM

IV- 12 times
IV 100%- 5 times
TLaD & TBoGT- 4 times each
TLaD 100%- 2 times
TBoGT 100%- Once

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:47 AM

GTA IV about 5 times (I've lost count).
TBOGT - See sig
TLAD - Same as above.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:57 AM

GTA IV= Twice. Once for each ending.
TLAD= Once.
TBOGT= Once.

Looking back I've never finished a GTA more than twice.

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

The Highway Reapers MC Vice President

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:54 AM

IV: COUNTLESS TIMES...
TBOGT: 1
TLAD: 2

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:56 AM

I am playing through GTA IV for first time biggrin.gif

67 missions done and 72.15% complete

just unlocked liberty city 5 by getting packie above 90%

all friends now at 100% respect and 100% like, except packie who at 94% like, 1 more activity and all 100% biggrin.gif

just about to do truck hustle and then undertaker i think or do florian/bernie missions

once i have completed it and got 100% i am going to immediately playthrough again but this time just doing the story missions and nothing else

then i will play the 2 DLC games

all that left is to wait for GTA V then tounge.gif

seagull1971
  • seagull1971

Loose Cannon

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

GTA 1V Once and confess I had to do 3 cheats throughout the game "not bad for a beginner"

TBOGT - Once

TLAD - Once

Now replaying 1V and determined to do without cheats.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Wednesday, Jan 11 2012, 03:57)
GTA IV= Twice. Once for each ending.
TLAD= Once.
TBOGT= Once.

Looking back I've never finished a GTA more than twice.

Really? Wow, how about that.

Oh, and I myself have finished IV about 4 or more times, once 100%, TLAD two times and TBOGT two times.

IV is the only GTA I've completed to 100%,

Agoni
  • Agoni

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

Don't you guys get tired of doing the same mission over and over again 5 - 6 times? I am on my third run since I bought the game.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

Vanilla 2 times, with cheats then with none.

Hydro_PlayboyX
  • Hydro_PlayboyX

#TeamFranklin

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

twice, one for every ending

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Hustler

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

I started GTA IV once in 2008, but i was sick of the game and i never finished it... then this summer i started another fresh game and completed it one (twice if you count both endings, but i made a separate save file, so it's 1 time and 3 missions biggrin.gif )

TLAD and TBOGT once

the only game that i've finished more than once/twice is vice city... at least 3 times (with cheats) and once without them.

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:23 AM

"thatstupidbug" you stated that you were sick of the game? Wow, that's pretty extreme - why were you sick of it? I know that some people can get pretty intense when they fail a mission repeatedly (I wanted to set fire to my Ballard of Gay Tony disc after repeatedly failing the second part of Blog This) but I eventually managed to do it, and now know how to beat the screwing around involved in the keyboard operating PC version (I do not use a joystick). But for what it's worth, I understand your sentiments. Sometimes, when a person has a favorite game a new one such as GTA-IV can seem very alien in regards to gameplay and this unsettles them. I have a few games here which I had to play for professional reasons (reviewer / beta tester) and loathed every moment of them, and yet was asked to write up a positive review of them!

Couture23
  • Couture23

couture23

• Members

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:29 AM

On my fourth play-through of GTA IV, second of both TBOGT and TLAD.

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:13 AM

IV: 9 (Working on 10)

TLAD: 1

ToBGT:2

...Note; I completed IV so many times because before I had xbox live I'd just do the story mode over and over.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (Karjerker @ Sunday, Jan 15 2012, 00:23)
"thatstupidbug" you stated that you were sick of the game? Wow, that's pretty extreme - why were you sick of it? I know that some people can get pretty intense when they fail a mission repeatedly (I wanted to set fire to my Ballard of Gay Tony disc after repeatedly failing the second part of Blog This) but I eventually managed to do it, and now know how to beat the screwing around involved in the keyboard operating PC version (I do not use a joystick). But for what it's worth, I understand your sentiments. Sometimes, when a person has a favorite game a new one such as GTA-IV can seem very alien in regards to gameplay and this unsettles them. I have a few games here which I had to play for professional reasons (reviewer / beta tester) and loathed every moment of them, and yet was asked to write up a positive review of them!

So there ARE paid reviews out there.

Just wondering, how can you spot a paid review?

Timcatgt5
  • Timcatgt5

Special Vehicle Collector and Law Abiding Citizen

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

Now if I had finished the game "completely" it must mean get to 100%, and I had only done that once on GTA IV, never played the Lost and Damned or The Ballad of Gay Tony.

In normal cases, finishing the story mode of GTA IV that has been done 4 times.

GTAIVSucker
  • GTAIVSucker

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

GTA IV: Once with cheating and autoaim in 35 hours watching all cutscenes, once without any cheats/maps/whatever but auto-aim on watching all cutscenes in 22 hours, and at about 90% atm. And I just started a new game with auto-aim turned off, watching all cutscenes. (Not going for 100% but doing all sidemissions except the minigames, friend activities and pigeons).

I don't own any of the EfLC games, but I have completed SA twice (once 100%), VC more than 10x, 100% all the time, and GTA III 5 times or so (all 100% again).

I have also completed GTA I, London 1969, London 1961 and GTA II 100% once.

gregor1408
  • gregor1408

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

thanks for all the replies, keep them coming!

namor
  • namor

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

I'm still on my first playthrough, at about 40%, but I can see myself returning to it several times in the future, just to play the story missions without f^cking around with the side missions/friends/activities etc. Going for 100% on the first playthrough, as I'm getting really bored with the flying rats (200 ffs!) and no way would I want to go through all that again, especially since you don't get any goodies such as weapons in your safehouse after all that trouble.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users