Photo

Perils of Liberty City

71 replies to this topic
BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:02 PM Edited by BEGINit, 28 August 2013 - 11:11 AM.

user posted image

Story:
Spring of 2000. A young man named Jack is about to be put behind bars because of an attempted bank robbery. But the last minute he's saved by his uncle Ray Machovski. In return he asks Jack - as a street thug - to help in an ivestigation of Rays missing coleague. Therefore Jack is forced to infiltrate mob, businesmen, politicians and other trash of Liberty City in order to help Ray who, just like any others, has secret agendas...

Overview:
Hello. Maybe you remember me from here. I want to present you my new project GTA: Perils of Liberty City. As you probably realised its a mod for a mod. A modification for GTA: Liberty City mod. I gotta admit I have some interesting ideas but the work is still in process. Although it won't be as big as Frosted Winter was, but knowing me here's what you can expect:

New story missions.
New side missions.
New collectables.
Variuos interesting sripting tweaks.
Map changes (including some new models).
New huds, menus screens, intro movies.
Other stuff.

The work began in september. So far I'd say about 50% is done. And if everything goes right, I will release the mod in Spring. But, unfortunatelly for some of my ideas I need a few new models and I'm not good at modelling. Therefore...

HELP WANTED

I need someone who could do a bit of modelling for VC. I'm not going to give difficult tasks, jus some small, but I believe kinda interesting tasks. So if some would be interested in helping to b benefit the mod, I would be very happy.

That's about it for now. Pictures are coming in the future. Looking forward to your replies and help offers smile.gif
  • pogo_01 and dstyl like this

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

I'll definitely play it inlove.gif

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

wow, it looks really good. btw, i would support anything that uses 3era characters/maps.

atfburner
  • atfburner

under the trapdoor

• Members

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:44 AM

Looks interesting.. ok im biting
Post what models you need making either here or pm

cookie.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:40 AM

Wow man, I can't wait. Its only a year before GTA III so their are not very many map changes you would have to do. But just wondering. Who is the main character? Is it Claude?

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:10 AM

Read the description Nk, it's claude's model but he named Jack.
I could help you Beginit. I have a lot of experience in peds smile.gif (Been editing and stuff since 2008)

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:14 AM

I'm glad Beginit back! Dude, your idea is awesome as in the last time. I'm waiting for this now.

BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

I thank all of you. I'll pm my further "requests" smile.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

They should do something to make him look different. Or are they not there yet.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

BEGINit, what are you thinking of doing autumn or winter(this would be better) instead of spring? Just spring in Liberty City is not good as we can see in gta lcs. This mod according to the teaser has to has rather dark atmosphere. Personally, when i saw that moment when Claude(i know you'll remove him) is going to beat triads its reminded me of Manhunt, likely because there were sounds in teaser of your mod like sounds from Manhunt.

BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:03 AM Edited by BEGINit, 10 January 2012 - 07:05 AM.

I'm not sure if I'm going to do a dark themed game. I did that trailer by using only a few cutsenes and then looked for some music. I didn't have much time and when I didn't find a music to fit the trailer I composed it myself. I saw it's dark feel but I decided to go with it. The game will be funnier biggrin.gif AND this time I try to be oriented to more action than in my previous mod smile.gif And yes, Claude will be removed.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:30 PM

BEGINit, i hope this mod will be the same level of quality like Frosted Winter was (I love that story from FW!).

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

The stuff you've showed looks promising, good luck with this. icon14.gif
Can't wait to see more of it.

BEGINit, do you have msn? I have some ideas+contributions for some missions and new map changes.

BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

I don't have msn. You may pm me smile.gif

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

Respect man you make mod and when you have it almost finished you post here
I'm tired of dead mods.
Awsome trailer very cinematic and mysterious
but i dont like the logo. blush.gif

user posted image
this is my version if you want to use it i can give you large png file.

BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

I believe I'll stick with my logo smile.gif But thanks for showing the interest smile.gif

atfburner
  • atfburner

under the trapdoor

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

i know just as much about this as everyone else but just to let you all know the requests have been built.

Now we send encouragement and hope the release is not to far away biggrin.gif

BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

Hi guys. I remembered that I had an issue with a mission some time ago. And I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe someone could help.
During a turret mission on a heli I'm suddenly kicked out of first person view, but NOT turret mode itself. What the hell? I mean still can shoot (very fast) but it looks riddiculous. Heres the short video:

So, what could be wrong? At that point no specific code is executed, the offset is almost copy paste from VC Phnom Pench 86. Another interesting thing is that after adding remove from turret comman the player gets trapped in turret mode on nothing. Player just stand in first person view. Very strange. Any suggestions.
BTW during this mission you have to shoot bunch of guys in turret modes on other cars.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:06 AM

I'm no coder, at all. But is there some kind of 'delay' function you can use? like a kind of:
[delay=
;--37m
]

];
(This will not work at all though, it's just a suggestion.)

JuNioR_
  • JuNioR_

All you had to do was follow the damn train...

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Some opcodes was changed in LC Mod, I think that's why the code don't work like in VC.

BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

Just to keep at least a bit alive:

Thats it. I already have my missions plan. There will be 54 missions in total: 34 story missions and 20 side missions. Also new package, unique jump and rampage locations + 5 new collectables. Ant that's not all, but as I said - it's just to keep this alive.

BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

Sorry for double post.

I faced a problem guys and don't really know how to solve it.
My text has vanished from the game. I mean the strings are all there in a script.
And GXT file is ok, no missing strings, not corrupted.
But the game doesn't show any text anymore (except for basic text like car names).
What happened? There are no dialogues, no text draws or such. It frustrating because I was using debug coordinate script to show me player coords and now I can't see them.
I do remember a few things I've done before noticing that there is no text anymore.
1. I added a text_box message in a mission.
2. I changed a color of menu text via GXT editor.
3. I turned of debug coords thread by removing 004f opcode (which I undone after what I've checked).
And thats it. Any suggestions?

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:42 AM

I'm glad very much the mod is alive and hope for release this year. But i can't help you with your problem, one i can advice to you is to ask someone on GTAMaps.net to help to fix the problem, there're enough people who can help you. But, that's a russian forum, therefore it'd be good if you knew some russian language, or use translator.

BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

I've gotta correct myself. When I payed a closer attention I realised that the only text that isn't shown in a game anymore is the one that is in any GXT table but MAIN. But how come? I checked the script and every use_gxt_table code has a correct gxt name and every string under that name is also correct (unless I missed smth). GXT file looks ok. Any suggestions?

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:14 PM Edited by Frank.s, 28 January 2012 - 07:06 PM.

I get missing text when i add gxt entries to any table so i edit the CRED001 etc. entries, this means that it's all in one list so i always have instant access to all new entries and also it removes the need for use_gxt_table becuase the CRED entries are all in the MAIN table, another thing, when replacing CRED entires means they're guaranteed to appear ingame.

Edit: Here you go BEGINit, GTALC gxt

BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:00 PM Edited by BEGINit, 28 January 2012 - 07:08 PM.

Ok, maybe it's GXT that got corrupted somehow, because:
1. The script has original debug coord display (by space_einstein I believe) thread, but the coords are not displayed. The strings in this case are from the MAIN section, so not only custom tables are affected.
2. I replaced my scc with stripped.scm by space_einstein and the problem still exists, therefore I tend to think that there is smth not good with american.gxt. Since I don't have a copy of it and I checked the LC thread but didn't find separate files, maybe some has LC installed and could upload an american.gxt so I could try replacing it with mines?

WOW, THANKS Frank.s smile.gif

JuNioR_
  • JuNioR_

All you had to do was follow the damn train...

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

Hey BEGINit is there any updates?

BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

A few. Waiting for some models and stuff from others smile.gif

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:50 AM

Good, glad this is not dead.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (BEGINit @ Sunday, Feb 19 2012, 12:57)
A few. Waiting for some models and stuff from others smile.gif

Good, did my suggestions about turret mode help? smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users