Photo

Display Country

8 replies to this topic
bscutajar
  • bscutajar

San Andreas Pro

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

When hovering over medals with the mouse cursor, one can see the information relating to the medal. Why not apply this principle to the flag under each person's avatar so that it displays the country? Some flags are new to me and it would be far easier if I hovered over the flag and got the name of the country.

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:09 PM Edited by Original Light, 04 January 2012 - 10:00 PM.

I just moved my curser over your flag and it said mt, short for Malta. So we already have it, you just need to know your abbreviations. And if they do have a flag, that means it can be fully viewed in their profile.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (Original Light @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 22:09)
I just moved my curser over your flag and it said mt, short for Malta. So we already have it, you just need to know your abbreviations. And if they do have a flag, that means it can be fully viewed in their profile.

What browser are you on? I'm on Firefox and it doesn't do that to me. bored.gif I have to check the filename to see the abbreviation, and I agree that most of them are pretty tricky. I agree that something like the original posted suggested would be nice. smile.gif

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (Original Light @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 16:09)

Not everyone here uses Internet Explorer...

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (Andreaz1 @ Thursday, Jan 5 2012, 09:49)
QUOTE (Original Light @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 22:09)

What browser are you on? I'm on Firefox and it doesn't do that to me. bored.gif I have to check the filename to see the abbreviation, and I agree that most of them are pretty tricky. I agree that something like the original posted suggested would be nice. smile.gif
QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Thursday, Jan 5 2012, 10:20)
QUOTE (Original Light @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 16:09)

Not everyone here uses Internet Explorer...

It works on Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Those are the only two browsers I ever use, so I wouldn't know the difference.

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (Original Light @ Thursday, Jan 5 2012, 20:31)
It works on Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.

What? I'm using Chrome and hovering the cursor over the flag doesn't do anything.

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

Here is the way to see that country name on PC.

user posted image

Right click on any flag icon and choose "Copy Image location.
Then, paste (Shortcut is Ctrl+V) on web browser. (You can do it in notepad or other typing softwares)

You'll see like this.

user posted image

At the end of the line, you'll see "flags/us.gif"

US means United States.
That's how how I view it on Mozilla. You can also test it on other browsers. smile.gif

Greenline
  • Greenline

Page 3 Girl

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

Or, you could just drag the flag image unto the tab bar and drop it.

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (Greenline @ Saturday, Jan 7 2012, 17:45)
Or, you could just drag the flag image unto the tab bar and drop it.

Oh. Yeah. That way is more eazy. blush.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users