Photo

☆ [Br]eaking [Ba]d ☆

5,339 replies to this topic
ISd3d
  • ISd3d

Member Title

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:33 PM Edited by ISd3d, 30 September 2013 - 06:03 PM.

Spoiler

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Why was Walt bleeding?

An M60 bullet hit him while he was over Jesse.

rudy
  • rudy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

I just watched "talking bad" and Vince said it sucks that Walt Jr could never know that Walt wasn't the one who killed Hank.

What is keeping Skylar from telling the truth? To me it would provide a bit more resolution to know that Walt Jr and Marie ended up finding out that the skin heads killed Hank and that Walt died avenging him. No?

Skyler probably doesn't believe anything Walt tells her anymore. 

The only question remaining for me is,

Spoiler

I believe that's one of the few loose ends, and actually the fate of the money in general could be ambiguous. It's pretty crafty writing the more I think about it. Those who were rooting for some small victory for Walt, for him to figure out a way to leave the money to his family, will believe as Walt did when he died that he had succeeded.

Also, take some f*cking notes, Dexter. That's how you do a f*cking finale for a f*cking show.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Ok I have two concerns that you guys might be able to weigh in on.

1. Wont Jessie's finger prints be all over the lab. So technically he should be running from the law for the rest of his life no?

2. What is keeping Skylar from telling the truth about who killed Hank. The way I see it, Skylar has a bit of negotiation leverage with the coordinates for hank and gomez's body. But what is to keep her from telling both the police, as well as Walt Jr and Marie, that when Walt dropped off the coordinates, he told her that the skinheads were the ones that killed hank, and that he intended to deal with them (which by this point he has.)

This would definitely provide alot more of a redeeming factor for Walt in his sons eyes as well as Marie's eyes. Walt has still done some horrible things, and is ultimately responsible for Hanks death. But he died avenging Hank. And despite the urge for JR and Marie to not believe that Walt didnt kill Hank, there is no evidence for motive otherwise when it comes to killing the Nazi's. He obviously wasnt trying to get the money, the feds dont know Jessie was being held captive. So it looks like Walt went out in a blaze of glory killing Hanks murderers.

Vince Gilligan even said on talking bad that its a shame that JR will never know that Walt didnt kill Hank... but why

Tracksuit Hitman
  • Tracksuit Hitman

I'm feeling Supersonic

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

Where's the spoilers, people? Luckily, I already read what happens as I usually do.

Waiting until 10pm to watch Felina with my mate, couldn't wait all that time without knowing what happens.

Vormek
  • Vormek

I am not in danger. I AM the danger!

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Aaaaand it's over!

I wouldn't say the finale was spectacular but it damn sure was a satisfying ending. I guess the next step is to wait for the bluray set of all the seasons and binge watch all the episodes in a week. Looking forward to it! :D

Nun0567
  • Nun0567

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

Fantastic ending and I dont it could have been any better.

Gentlemen, it has been a pleasure discussing Breaking Bad with you.

TheDon856
  • TheDon856

I am the one who knocks

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

Maybe that whole woodwork scene was telling us that's what Jesse ends up doing after he escaped. Highly doubtful though. Either way, I loved the finale. Couldn't have asked for a better ending to an amazing show. Looking forward to Battle Creek now.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

I got a bit teary eyed when Walt was walking around the meth lab. I'll miss BrBd and Burn Notice.

I don't think it's ever happened but four of my favorite shows have ended in the past year. None cancelled really, but all got an ending.

Which is good. Networks are taking more chances, and letting long running shows to end the right way, instead of just pulling the plug.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:39 PM Edited by GTA-King, 30 September 2013 - 05:49 PM.

Maybe that whole woodwork scene was telling us that's what Jesse ends up doing after he escaped. Highly doubtful though.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QiCTG2x8RdU

Just a little reminder to those who forgot this scene.

Rico44
  • Rico44

Custom member title

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

All these tiny touches resembling the minor scenes from past episodes, not only in the finale, but throughout the season - brilliant.

Rest in peace, Walter Hartwell White.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Meanwhile, at the safehouse...

Screen-Shot-2013-09-19-at-12.35.36-PM.pn

• milkmansun likes this

ISd3d
  • ISd3d

Member Title

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:11 PM Edited by ISd3d, 30 September 2013 - 06:13 PM.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

BillGates
  • BillGates

Boot me up.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

Ladies, gentlemen, kids, chickita's... What a freaking show.

Loved the way when walt was holding that metal container, you see the reflection of Heisenberg and then bam, he dies...

Vince Gilligan. Damn man. Damn. Genius.

Best show ever. 

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

The ending was satisfying for me. Walt died which was what he deserved although I thought Walt was going to do once last cook as the song played out.

Walt’s plan was good I liked how it played out and fit his character of building things to solve his problems. However it seemed too perfect there was a lot of things that could have gone wrong. What if the bullets didn’t penetrate the wall? What if the boot didn’t open – where was his back-up plan? Why didn’t the goons search his boot?

Don’t really know what to say it was good but there was something missing perhaps. Some little magic or twist similar to the ending of season 4 when the camera honed in on Lily of the Valley pot. That was amazing ending to the season and something like that would have been great and I think it was what I was expecting at the back of my mind.

Glad Jesse got away and killed Todd but anyone else think a little more denouement was in order?

Maybe we could have seen Marie getting on with her life?

Where Jesse went afterwards? 

Rico44
  • Rico44

Custom member title

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

The only thing I hated was how briefly they showed the Denny's and Walt's old house scenes. They seemed important in the flash forwards, yet we were only shown two short moments. That was disappointing.

BillGates
  • BillGates

Boot me up.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:53 PM Edited by BillGates, 30 September 2013 - 06:53 PM.

The only thing I hated was how briefly they showed the Denny's and Walt's old house scenes. They seemed important in the flash forwards, yet we were only shown two short moments. That was disappointing.

Lack of time.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by johnny_zoo, 30 September 2013 - 06:59 PM.

sorry DP

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

git gud or get rekt

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

I can't believe it's over. I'm feeling distress.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

When you think about it, Walt kind of accomplished what he wanted. He made a lot of money for his family and he died on his own terms instead of letting the cancer get him. He didn't accomplish everything the way he wanted (all the lives he'd destroyed and/or ended), but the results are still good enough to call it a bittersweet ending.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

Yeah and who and where did he get the freakin M60??

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Ok I have two concerns that you guys might be able to weigh in on.

1. Wont Jessie's finger prints be all over the lab. So technically he should be running from the law for the rest of his life no?

But didn't jesse always wear gloves when cooking? I'd have to look back at video or something though. I can't recall 100%

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Yeah and who and where did he get the freakin M60??

Maybe you should pay more attention. That was revealed in the first 5 minutes of Season 5.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection
  • None
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

I wasn't really all that satisfied with the finale, and reading everyone talk about how perfect it was just makes me wanna go "Nuh uh!"

I actually thought it was great, right up to the point where Walt was bleeding out on the floor and I thought to myself, "Oh you f*cking pretentious douchebag, Gilligan, don't you f*cking end on the credits here..."  and then bam it happened.  You know, I don't know if it's really a good point of comparison, but my friend said "At least it didn't end like the f*cking Sopranos..."

I don't know, in some ways I feel like wanting some kind of final, contrived "wrap up" scene where all the characters are watching the news or Marie is getting the info that Hank is dead or what not would have been somewhat satisfying.  I don't want closure for Jesse, I want closure as a viewer, because now I don't hav ea clue what is happening with any of the characters.  There were a lot of characters in the show whose emotional stability was upset in a large way by Walt, and you want to know what happens to all these people.  You don't want ot just have it end with the guy relishing in self-satisfaction before collapsing into his own blood, and then just give a pretty much giant "f*ck you" to what the end of any other character's part of the story would be.

Anyway, I'm being highly critical, I did enjoy it and at least they didn't try to satisfy everyone, and wrap everything up in a way to make it more believable and have the actual events matter more.  I just don't like sitting there and wondering how Walt Jr is doing after discovering how Hank really died, and that his dad took vengeance on them....  Or does he ever find out about that?  You don't get to know.

Hardline_Pro
  • Hardline_Pro

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

This guy REALLY hates Breaking Bad.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

@Above: Im in the same boat. Its not that the finale was bad. It was awesome.

But the precedence that BB has set for huge defining moments left me wanting more from the last scene of the great tv show ever

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

Meanwhile, at the safehouse...

Screen-Shot-2013-09-19-at-12.35.36-PM.pn

that should have been the very last scene just for fun

• Kippers likes this

epicluca
  • epicluca

Red Dead Remasterdemption

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

I have the most satisfied frown on my face right now

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

Anywhore

try-not-to-cry-bitch.jpg

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

looks like my prediction held up.
Walt simply took revenge on the Nazi's while securing his family's money before tying up the loose ends. and of course Jesse personally kills Todd which I called sometime last year  :pp  you could see that sh*t coming a mile away ever since the moment Todd shot the kid on the bike.

I was really satisfied with this finale. there's nothing really I would change (except maybe to include Saul and Huell one last time).
technically this ending could be considered a cliff hanger because Walt only suffered a gut-shot from his machine gun which is relatively survivable assuming he receives prompt medical care, and it sure looks like the authorities showed up in time to save his life... assuming they decide to call an ambulance :lol:

great series.

great conclusion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users