☆ [Br]eaking [Ba]d ☆

5,216 replies to this topic
Mockage
  • Mockage

First Breathe After Coma

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

RIP The Wire indeed. That was absolutely f*cking intense. I had my mouth open throughout the entire episode. f*cking jaw dropping stuff man, oh my god. Walt really had me going there for a second. He doesn't even have that much sympathy for Hank's death.. jesus christ man.

TEoS, that's Todd for you right there. One of my most favorite characters in television. Gilligan was on some sh*t when he made Todd. I can't think of any other character in television that could relate to him.

Also, where's GTA-King? He should be here by now.  :monocle:

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

In one single episode, the writers have assassinated all the sympathy for Walt they've been building and maintaining for seasons.

f*ck M.E

f*ck M.E HARD AND FAST

If you're saying that be of his conversation on the phone with Skyler, I disagree. He said all that crazy sh*t to he so he could make it seem like she was just another victim of his. He figured the police were with her, that's why he broke his phone after. When Holly was saying mama in the bathroom Walt realized she would be a lot better off with Skyler instead of him. So to keep Skyler safe from persecution he acted like a psychopath on the phone.

I don't really think all of his sympathy is gone.
He is 100% pissed at Jesse though, for being a rat & also I think he blames him for Hank's death.

I think you're right guy and now that I think about it I think Skyler knew what he was up to midway through the call when she started saying "Sorry" and "You're right.". f*ck Marie though, good God she's so f*cking annoying and her smugness and high horse sh*t has been killing me ever since she found out about Walt's true occupation. Hank went out like a gangster, no begging, no negotiating, just one last metaphorical "f*ck you.".

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:29 AM Edited by I Love Anna Kournikova, 16 September 2013 - 02:30 AM.

First of all Some people need t olearn how to use f*cking spoilers. I already watched it so I dont really give a f*ck. but still, thats why that feature is there.

I dont see how anyone can be on Walt's side. Everything he has done throughout this whole show is evil. You dont always have to root for the main character.

About Todd, he is hardcore. He even Killed a dude when he played High School Football.

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:32 AM

I dont see how anyone can be on Walt's side. Everything he has done throughout this whole show is evil. You dont always have to root for the main character.

That's why I love this show so much. They're making it so hard to choose who to root for. In reality we should be on the lawful side, but being with Walt through everything he's been through makes you want to root for him until the end.

TEoS
  • TEoS

We Do Not Sow

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:34 AM Edited by TEoS, 16 September 2013 - 02:35 AM.

First of all Some people need t olearn how to use f*cking spoilers. I already watched it so I dont really give a f*ck. but still, thats why that feature is there.

I don't believe in using spoilers in an active TV show's topic. I don't go into TV show topics that I don't watch because I don't want sh*t spoiled. Obviously  if a show is still running, and you're reading the topic, most of the conversation is going to be devoted to what is currently going on in the show. If they're just here to post "lol i jus started watchin brakin bad lol good show lol walt is p cool dude i like jesse lol" I'd rather they not be here anyway. Might be alone on this but whatever.

Edit: As for the other part, I love the bad guys of television, that is why I watch Breaking Bad. Watching Walter White's transformation to Heisenberg has been a wonderful pleasure, I only wish he had been more evil by the end, instead of this redemption bullsh*t.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:36 AM

That's why I love this show so much. They're making it so hard to choose who to root for. In reality we should be on the lawful side, but being with Walt through everything he's been through makes you want to root for him until the end.

This show has always had gray characters who blurred the lines of "good guy" and "bad guy" which is one of the reasons I love it. Someone mentioned earlier that the only character who really remained consistently on one side was Hank, even until the end he wasn't willing to compromise his morals. I wasn't his biggest fan but you have to respect how he went out.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:36 AM

Yeah, we've been over this. Spoilers are implied.

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:37 AM

About Todd, he is hardcore. He even Killed a dude when he played High School Football.

I'm also at a loss as to how people can still root for Walt. I've wanted him dead since the season 2 finale.

TEoS
  • TEoS

We Do Not Sow

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

This show has always had gray characters who blurred the lines of "good guy" and "bad guy" which is one of the reasons I love it. Someone mentioned earlier that the only character who really remained consistently on one side was Hank, even until the end he wasn't willing to compromise his morals. I wasn't his biggest fan but you have to respect how he went out.

I think Hank definitely compromised. He resorted to a several illegal methods of investigation in order to go after Heisenberg. Warrant-less tracers, secret investigations etc. I didn't really think of it until last week's talking bad, but really, the only person not to "break bad" was Gomez (and Walt Jr. I guess but he sux) 

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:41 AM Edited by EscoLehGo, 16 September 2013 - 02:42 AM.

True, but he never brought Walt to the negotiating table. Even though he got shady at the end with his methods his major goal was to put Walt away, he made no compromise in that regard. He didn't care why Walt did what he did, what his motivations were or that he was his brother in law. He saw it very simply black and white that he committed major crimes and needed to pay for what he had done, even if he wasn't in the business anymore. He could have very easily let this slide, or asked to be paid to keep it under wraps, it never came to that with him.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

Totally disagree. Walt - on the path to redemption

...I shouldn't post while the episode is still playing.

Yeah, now that Walt returned Holly and looks to be doing something heroic, like save Jesse, the angle of redemption is there.

But he was a f*cking beast this episode. Jane, taking the baby, that lunatic phone call, "bitch!"

Walt... You're my Vic Mackie this day.

TEoS
  • TEoS

We Do Not Sow

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:49 AM

True, but he never brought Walt to the negotiating table. Even though he got shady at the end with his methods his major goal was to put Walt away, he made no compromise in that regard. He didn't care why Walt did what he did, what his motivations were or that he was his brother in law. He saw it very simply black and white that he committed major crimes and needed to pay for what he had done, even if he wasn't in the business anymore. He could have very easily let this slide, or asked to be paid to keep it under wraps, it never came to that with him.

Well if we want to play that game, Walt is just trying to provide for his family. 

Hank, as a DEA agent, took a sort of oath. His violation of these laws only seems like it's not dishonorable to you because you know he's after a bad guy. What if he was after Joe Schmoe civilian? Then he's just an Big Brother, NSA federal agent motherf*cker. Hank is no angel.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

I never said he was an angel, I didn't even like his character, I'm just saying he was the most consistent morally. Also Saul, Saul knows he's a scumbag lawyer and doesn't seem very conflicted about it. Walt Jr. has been very consistent in his love for breakfast. I'm still rooting for Walt, that phone call almost got me off of his team until I stopped being stupid and realized what he was doing. 

''

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

Well if we want to play that game, Walt is just trying to provide for his family. 

Hank, as a DEA agent, took a sort of oath. His violation of these laws only seems like it's not dishonorable to you because you know he's after a bad guy. What if he was after Joe Schmoe civilian? Then he's just an Big Brother, NSA federal agent motherf*cker. Hank is no angel.
I doubt that Hank would go to such extreme measures for Joe Shmoe civilian. And Walt's motives don't excuse him in the slightest, his crimes are far too heinous for any sort of redemption or justification as far I'm concerned.

TEoS
  • TEoS

We Do Not Sow

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

I guess morals in this case are dependent on how we incorporate the law into our morals. If you think violating warrant requirements is insignificant on a moral scale, then I guess Hank is p moral dude.

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:59 AM

I guess morals in this case are dependent on how we incorporate the law into our morals. If you think violating warrant requirements is insignificant on a moral scale, then I guess Hank is p moral dude.

I don't think it's insignificant, those laws exist for a reason of course. I just think that Hank's crimes are dwarfed by the evil that walt's perpetrated. Skirting warrant requirements take a bit of a back seat to murdering innocent people and poisoning children.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:02 AM

He did that out of desperation, it wasn't a common practice for him to do things like that. His motivation always remained the same, he knew he might have to do some shady sh*t if he was going to catch Walt because he had covered his tracks so well.

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:05 AM

He did that out of desperation, it wasn't a common practice for him to do things like that. His motivation always remained the same, he knew he might have to do some shady sh*t if he was going to catch Walt because he had covered his tracks so well.
That and the fact that his own brother law had been under his nose this whole time might have led him to take some pretty extreme measures.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:05 AM

Hank was never, ever, a white knight.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

I've been by Walt's side the whole show. No matter what he did, whether he was 

Spoiler
, or 
Spoiler
I kept thinking, there's no way he'll do something that makes me hate him. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

But then there was the scene where 

Spoiler
That's some dark sh*t. That is when I started having my doubts about Walt. But whatever.

Then there was the scene where 

Spoiler
That was what did it for me. That's the scene that really showed me what a monster he had become. And the slight pause, before he repeats his line quietly to himself, that's when he realized it too.

TEoS
  • TEoS

We Do Not Sow

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

See, you are all compromising for Hank. That is not how the American judicial system is supposed to work. Hank didn't pursue Walt legally and it wasn't because it was impossible, it was because he didn't want to face the embarrassment of having to face his coworkers about his nativity about Walt's criminal activity and Walt's usery of Hank. Hank is a criminal, and maybe you can reason it a way in your own mind, but Hank broke bad, regardless of how G he went out.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

Since no one is gonna say it, f*ck BB for doing Gomie like that.

How you just gonna start the episode with him dead on the floor? No dramatic send-off, no slow-mo "Agghhghg!" NO, NO, NO. f*ck that sh*t.

R.I.P. dude. Oh, and sorry Hank. I loved ya, but you had to go.

Oh, and anybody else find that flashforward kinda funny? Aaron Paul is chunkier, and Bryan Cranston was caked with make-up.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

Yea but his "Breaking Bad" really pales in comparison to the things Walt did, I don't think him getting a little shady at the end and going outside of the law completely sullies his character's moral integrity. 

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:19 AM

Yea but his "Breaking Bad" really pales in comparison to the things Walt did, I don't think him getting a little shady at the end and going outside of the law completely sullies his character's moral integrity. 

Really. Walt is evil incarnate and Hank is bending the rules to catch him. It doesn't make it okay but acting as if Hank is just as bad as Walt is being in denial of how despicable Walt is as a human being in my opinion.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:22 AM

Does anyone know the name of the song that was playing when Walt was rolling the barrel of money ?

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

TEoS
  • TEoS

We Do Not Sow

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

I'm not saying Hank is on the same level as Walt, I'm just saying he's no angel. I think Hank's willingness to break the law is the same kind of sh*t Americans should be weary of what our government is currently doing in the name of the "greater good." Obviously Hank is the good guy of the two, but that doesn't make him a paragon. We're watching a TV show so it's easy to dismiss his actions because it's fiction, but if Hank was a real life DEA agent, I wouldn't be a fan of him.

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

I'm not saying Hank is on the same level as Walt, I'm just saying he's no angel. I think Hank's willingness to break the law is the same kind of sh*t Americans should be weary of what our government is currently doing in the name of the "greater good." Obviously Hank is the good guy of the two, but that doesn't make him a paragon. We're watching a TV show so it's easy to dismiss his actions because it's fiction, but if Hank was a real life DEA agent, I wouldn't be a fan of him.

Probably not. But this being a TV show, I'm going to let him slide and say that I feel like he, and Gomez who was the one true good guy here and a loss I hate, deserved far better than to die at the hands of the subhuman animals that are Walt and the nazis.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

Whoa. Walt is far from 'evil incarnate'. He's done some terrible things... but really, So has Hank. Lest we forget Hank setting Jessie up to get murdered?

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

If Hank was a real person I wouldn't be a fan of him on a personal level let alone as a DEA agent, he was an abrasive jock and his wife is a total c*nt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users