☆ [Br]eaking [Ba]d ☆

5,253 replies to this topic
Zikomos
  • Zikomos

Wanted

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:12 AM

I had posted in this thread a while back asking if there was still more to uncover with Gus' past. Most people thought that there wasn't much more to tell and the remaining mystery surrounding him was used more for a dramatic effect (like the briefcase in Pulp Fiction). Gus is one of my favorite characters from the show and I'm hoping his story isn't completely wrapped up. We saw a bit with Madrigal in the first 8 episodes and Lydia (is that her name? It's been a while...) but like you mentioned, the Chilean connections have never really been delved into.

I'm also interested in seeing what happens with the guy that's now buying from Walt (sorry, forgot his name too!). I think it's probable that he'll become Walt's enemy before the show's end. And what about the cartel too? Gus did make a large dent in Don Eladio's faction, but perhaps some members weren't killed and are seeking revenge. Also, there are other cartel factions that might take over Don Eladio's territory and end up going after Walt.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:11 AM Edited by theomenofficial, 15 June 2013 - 09:15 AM.

Finished Season 4.
By the way, from that LEGO video:... http://imgur.com/a/g6w0p

Vormek
  • Vormek

I am not in danger. I AM the danger!

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 05:55)
http://www.tvfanatic...-will-be-blood/

Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan recently admitted he shed a few tears after penning the finale of this award-winning series. But in a new interview with Entertainment Weekly, the producer make it clear that something else will be shed before the tale of Walter White comes to an end in a couple months.

"As the movie title goes, there will be blood," Gilligan says, but then quickly notes: “To my mind, that’s not the most interesting thing. It’s the emotional moments and the character moments.... We’ve got some stuff that I think is going to be truly satisfying and truly shocking and jarring. It does not always center on moments of violence."

And the main showdown - character wise and possibly violence wise - will take place between Walt and Hank, the latter of whom stumbled (or, sat, really) on his brother-in-law's major secret to wrap up the show at midseason last year.

“There will be antagonistic relationships aplenty,” teased Gilligan of Walt and Hank, but also of Walt and other enemies. “Walt’s got plenty of fight left in him. And he’s got plenty of forces to fight. You met some of them. Others you haven’t.

Is there an overarching theme Gilligan and his team have focused on for the final run of what many consider to be the best show on television?

“Walt has been the world’s greatest liar, and I think the person he lies most capably to is himself. So in these final eight episodes, perhaps the lies will cease to find traction and the scales will start to fall away from Walt’s eyes. And when that happens, will Walt really begin to realize who he is?"

Breaking Bad Season 5 returns on August 11.

Gus' mysterious chilean past?

Damn man, you might be right. This is so exciting!

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

BIGGOS_010

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands
  • Best Snapmatic [Character] 2013

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

Yeah, i really feel Gus' past will be unraveled some more. Been watching S3/4 again lately and they just gave him some kind of instant-backstory without even reveiling some of it. I would be a bit bummed out if they don't give us something. There must be a reason why the kartel couldn't really touch him, and there is, we just don't know it yet.

And i kinda expect the marketing to start a bit sooner than normal, seeing as this is the final season, they'll want to promote the hell outta it. Maybe it'll start at the end of the month/start of July...

Vormek
  • Vormek

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

How will it end?

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

Walt has a bandage near his eye.
A new injury?: http://i.imgur.com/iatK6dm.png?1

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

Good stuff, Vormek!

I'm expecting Walt to go out shooting. Not sure about everyone else though. I still think it's possible that Jesse will die by ricin.

Vormek
  • Vormek

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 18:19)
Walt has a bandage near his eye.
A new injury?: http://i.imgur.com/iatK6dm.png?1

I think it is. Good eye!

cbiscuit93
  • cbiscuit93

Pink Bandana

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

I just saw episode 11 of season 3 & Jesuuussss Christttttt the ending was ridiculous what on Earrrttthhhhh..

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

thank god there's a new season of Boardwalk Empire and Veep happening this Summer because it's getting really hard to keep waiting for the final season of Breaking Bad.

I try not to think about it, but it really is the ONE show that I NEED to see before I can move on with my life.
you know I feel like the kid in the back seat of my parents car during a really long vacation road trip. I know we're not there yet, but I can't help myself....

ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
IS THE NEW SEASON STARTING?
HAS THE NEW SEASON STARTED YET?
IS IT ON YET?
IS IT ON?

user posted image

GetWoody
  • GetWoody

Greedy Jew

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 18:22)
Good stuff, Vormek!

I'm expecting Walt to go out shooting. Not sure about everyone else though. I still think it's possible that Jesse will die by ricin.

I guarantee you it will be Skylar that ends up smoking the ricin cigarette.

rotipuj
  • rotipuj

That's all I got

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE (AlecOfTheWest @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 01:45)
Good stuff, Vormek!

I think Skylar will commit suicide. Probably by hanging herself.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:07 AM

For some odd reason, the word 'dark' keeps getting thrown around for this series finale. I'm thinking Walt is going to watch all his family/loved ones die before his eventual demise

aquateen87
  • aquateen87

Remember, no fear.

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

So, I saw the official Breaking Bad FB page post that there is 54 days left until August 11th. They said you can start watching every episode a day until its premiere.

Is anybody going to do that or, are you all just going to have a binge marathon? smile.gif

cbiscuit93
  • cbiscuit93

Pink Bandana

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:43 AM

Gus' death was so corny. I was expecting something a lot better than that.

carloff1212
  • carloff1212

King Dingaling

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (cbiscuit93 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 22:43)

Gay.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE (cbiscuit93 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 02:43)

I expected something a bit more dramatic. Gustavo's death was over the top to me. But the fact that Hector died too... That was some intense sh*t

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:07 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 19 June 2013 - 02:17 PM.

BRYAN CRANSTON IS MAKING HIS OWN MONOLOGUE LIKE SAMUEL L JACKSON DID WITH "I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS"!
http://www.reddit.co...ton_ama/calhf8c

user posted image
user posted image

Rico44
  • Rico44

Custom member title

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

He looks so different without glasses on that photo.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:11 PM Edited by GTA-King, 21 June 2013 - 06:26 PM.

QUOTE (AlecOfTheWest @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 01:45)
Good stuff, Vormek!

The ricin is no longer in a cigarette though, remember? The ricin container is taped to the back of the cover of an electricity outlet in Walt & Skyler's bedroom.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

I finished all of Season 5 so far but it was really slow in parts.

Vormek
  • Vormek

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 19:31)

I found season 5A the weakest season (although the season is not over yet) but it was far from slow in my opinion. Some parts in 5a felt out of place and shouldn't belong in Breaking Bad. A more 'down to Earth' approach in the first part of season 5 would've been a better approach but I understand that the show is getting bigger and bigger. I really hope the final eight episodes will be down to Earth and have a more classical Breaking Bad feel without the out of place tone.

Still, it was a pretty good season with a great finale. A solid 8 out of 10 from me. The final episodes must be a perfect ten! wink.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

Hank realised that W.W. stands for Willy Wonka. ph34r.gif

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (Vormek @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 20:09)

I found season 5A the weakest season (although the season is not over yet) but it was far from slow in my opinion. Some parts in 5a felt out of place and shouldn't belong in Breaking Bad. A more 'down to Earth' approach in the first part of season 5 would've been a better approach but I understand that the show is getting bigger and bigger. I really hope the final eight episodes will be down to Earth and have a more classical Breaking Bad feel without the out of place tone.

Still, it was a pretty good season with a great finale. A solid 8 out of 10 from me. The final episodes must be a perfect ten! wink.gif

Nah, as much as i love season 2, i feel that's the weakest season of them all .

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (Vormek @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 20:09)

I know how you feel. Something about season 5A (in particular the first few episodes didn't really feel like Breaking Bad (not to say they weren't good though).

Vormek
  • Vormek

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

I believe FBI will play a big role in the final 8 episodes. Remember when Jesse thought Brock had been poisoned by ricin and the feds interrogated Jesse because ricin is so rare and dangerous? I believe the FBI have been keeping an eye on Jesse and quickly noticed his close relation with Walter. Come to think about, one of the final scenes in season 4 shows Jesse and Walter on a rooftop where Jesse tells Walter it was in fact Lily of the Valley that made Brock ill and not the ricin. GTA-King mentioned in the first post of this thread that there's a small scene there where we see the two from a distance in what seems to be a first-person shot and some heavy breathing. I believe that to be the feds. I'm pretty certain about it.

I could be wrong ofcourse and perhaps it was just a scene Gilligan could use if he wanted to use it in the coming season. They hadn't figured out what direction season 5 would take and that scene on the rooftop with the breathing was perhaps just a "way out" if the Gilligan and crew would have writers block.

Just my two cents though. And oh, 47 days left smile.gif Expect a promo WITHIN 3 weeks.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

user posted image

Link.

Legendary.

Vormek
  • Vormek

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:03 PM Edited by Vormek, 25 June 2013 - 06:09 PM.

^ Thanks brah. That poster is a great piece of work. "Remember my name". Surely that's a sign that Walter will die. (Most people expect it to happen anyway) Could you edit the OP and put the new poster there?

Vormek
  • Vormek

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

Damn that poster is good looking. I mean... damn!

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Vormek @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 18:03)
By the way, could you edit the OP and put the new poster there?

You read my mind, sir!

And yeah, that is a great poster. Remember my name.

So badass!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users