Photo

☆ [Br]eaking [Ba]d ☆

5,332 replies to this topic
M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:58 AM

Badger had turned in the guy who was proven to be a fraud (I think his name was Kilkenny?), but seeing as Badger never went to prison for lying to a police officer, they must have figured that Badger had thought that Kilkenny was the actual Heisenberg, but in reality he was just some kind of associate. They eventually figured out that Badger wasn't reliable information, apparently, but the exact details of it weren't really revealed, I don't think.

For me, I was rooting for Hank for the second half of season 5. The ending that I was hoping for was Hank having to kill Walt (with an entirely silent final scene where Hank turns in his badge and retires, or something along those lines). I felt that his death was ruined a bit by the fact that they had that horrible cliffhanger with the shootout, giving us a week to find out killed the suspense a bit. I guess that if I were to watch it on Netflix and go immediately through those 2 episodes it might be alright, but live it bothered me.

• The Leviathan likes this

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

For me, I was rooting for Hank for the second half of season 5. The ending that I was hoping for was Hank having to kill Walt (with an entirely silent final scene where Hank turns in his badge and retires, or something along those lines). I felt that his death was ruined a bit by the fact that they had that horrible cliffhanger with the shootout, giving us a week to find out killed the suspense a bit. I guess that if I were to watch it on Netflix and go immediately through those 2 episodes it might be alright, but live it bothered me.

Although Hank was one of my favourite characters, I feel killing him off in Ozymendias was the right decission by the writers. Because if the "Hank found out Walt is Heisenberg and wants to catch him"-storyline lasted till the final episode, then the second half of season 5 would have been focussing too much on Hank and it would feel more like "The Hank Schrader Show" than Breaking Bad.

The moment Hank gets killed it's the point where the viewer starts rooting for Walt again (who had been more antagonistic in later seasons), which results in the epic shootout in final episode.

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

• The Leviathan, milkmansun, Coat. and 1 other like this

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:17 AM

Anyone know the music that plays as they ship victors body in the acid tub?

The Leviathan
  • The Leviathan

Goof the floof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Contributor [Movies & TV] 2012
    Best Writer 2012
    Story of the Year 2012 "Grand Theft Auto V"
    Best Concept Story 2012 "The Story of Albert de Silva"

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:36 AM

First episode of season 4, right?

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:49 AM

its the box cutter episode after gus had his way with victor, it played some track when they showed victors dissolved body in the tub boutta be shipped away

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:03 AM

its the box cutter episode after gus had his way with victor, it played some track when they showed victors dissolved body in the tub boutta be shipped away

Is this it 

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

• The Leviathan, CatDog96 and Tikhung like this

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

Alternate ending:

:)

The Leviathan
  • The Leviathan

Goof the floof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
    Best Writer 2012

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

There's a show on NutFlex called The Writer's Room, which is about writers of famous TV shows coming together to discuss how they wrote for their shows. The first episode covers Breaking Bad. Pretty interesting 23 minutes if you guys get the chance!

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:15 AM Edited by im_stoned, 12 April 2014 - 04:28 AM.

This show is my pick for most overrated show of the decade. I had to listen to people tell me '' this show is the tv equivalent to the second coming of jesus''  I mean that's how most fans ''sell''' the show.

Anyway I was saving the show because I believed it was going to be epic and tv is so awful these days I wanted to have atleast one more good show to watch.

Man was I wrong. The show itself isn't bad don't get me wrong but it's just like every other family show. The wife and husband hate each other '' and their life sux'' Instead of trying to improve their relationship they'd rather drift apart and hate each other. I felt like a child of divorce watching the first  2 seasons and about 3 ep's of season 3. ( I had to stop watching. The show was making me depressed and angry I wasn't getting any joy out of it)

I know people say season 4/5 are the best but that's garbage why should I have to watch 3 bullsh*t seasons so I can have 2 good one's ? prison break had 4 seasons total and every ep was epic ! no pointless bullsh*t in that show.

the whole concept is dumb he claims his doing it for his '' family'' yet he treats them like sh*t. He doesn't give a f*ck about them. He treats his son pathetically his not even a father to him. The DEA agent is more of a father to the kid. I know this is part of the plot but again if theirs not going to be a major payoff at the end of it its pointless.

If the show ended with walters wife divorcing him, His son disowning him and the feds catching up with walter and imprisoning him for life and putting him in 23 hour lock down the show could of worked but hearing it ends with walter getting shot in the end and his cancer was going to kill him anyway. It killed any interest I had in the show.

no morals or message = garbage you may as well watch jersy shore what a lack of morality. Atleast scarface and the gangsters I watch have no choice but to lead a life of crime so I can understand their choices walter admits his over qualified for his job so why doesn't he get a better one that can pay his bills ? See the show makes no sense !

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

This show is my pick for most overrated show of the decade. I had to listen to people tell me '' this show is the tv equivalent to the second coming of jesus''  I mean that's how most fans ''sell''' the show.

Anyway I was saving the show because I believed it was going to be epic and tv is so awful these days I wanted to have atleast one more good show to watch.

Man was I wrong. The show itself isn't bad don't get me wrong but it's just like every other family show. The wife and husband hate each other '' and their life sux'' Instead of trying to improve their relationship they'd rather drift apart and hate each other. I felt like a child of divorce watching the first  2 seasons and about 3 ep's of season 3. ( I had to stop watching. The show was making me depressed and angry I wasn't getting any joy out of it)

I know people say season 4/5 are the best but that's garbage why should I have to watch 3 bullsh*t seasons so I can have 2 good one's ? prison break had 4 seasons total and every ep was epic ! no pointless bullsh*t in that show.

the whole concept is dumb he claims his doing it for his '' family'' yet he treats them like sh*t. He doesn't give a f*ck about them. He treats his son pathetically his not even a father to him. The DEA agent is more of a father to the kid. I know this is part of the plot but again if theirs not going to be a major payoff at the end of it its pointless.

If the show ended with walters wife divorcing him, His son disowning him and the feds catching up with walter and imprisoning him for life and putting him in 23 hour lock down the show could of worked but hearing it ends with walter getting shot in the end and his cancer was going to kill him anyway. It killed any interest I had in the show.

no morals or message = garbage you may as well watch jersy shore what a lack of morality. Atleast scarface and the gangsters I watch have no choice but to lead a life of crime so I can understand their choices walter admits his over qualified for his job so why doesn't he get a better one that can pay his bills ? See the show makes no sense !

U can't judge the entire series without having watched all the episodes. If u watch more u'll understand he wasn't really doing it for his family.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:46 AM

Your creditbilty went out the window with your prison break comments. That show would've ended nice after 2 seasons.
  • The Leviathan and a20characterusername like this

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

watching series 5 again it's pretty goood ><

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

I got to about half way between season 3 but abruptly stopped watching as other shows caught my eye. But I will go back to BB after I complete season 3 of the walking dead. 

Any new info on the upcoming spin off starring Saul? 

Kippers
  • Kippers

結婚式

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

I'm waiting for the perfect moment to rewatch series 5...Maybe series 4 and 5, actually, on a binge.  I got the second half for Christmas, and it's still wrapped in plastic. The moment will come when I'm ready to experience it again.

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:27 AM Edited by im_stoned, 14 April 2014 - 02:00 AM.

Is Season 4/5 different than the first 3 seasons ? does it get a lot better ?

The Leviathan
  • The Leviathan

Goof the floof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
    Best Writer 2012

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

Season 5 is my favorite, for sure. Part 1 is him building his empire, and part 2 his empire slowly starts to crumble. Truly awesome. The whole series is great, but season 5 really gives me a Scarface vibe... which is good.

• Verdant likes this

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

Season 5 is so great, really see how far Walt has gone. Watch s1 e1 then watch s5 e1 back to back and you see how much he's changed.

Coat.
  • Coat.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:08 AM Edited by Coat., 18 April 2014 - 07:11 AM.

There's a show on NutFlex called The Writer's Room, which is about writers of famous TV shows coming together to discuss how they wrote for their shows. The first episode covers Breaking Bad. Pretty interesting 23 minutes if you guys get the chance!

If I recall, they have some of that episode uploaded to good ol YouTube.

Also, any of you read the pilot script? You can download it as a PDF. Mind you, it was the very original copy of the script.

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Sonnensänger

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

When I've had a month for free on Lovefilm I watched season 1-6. When I've had a month for free on Watchever I watched season 1-6 again. Great series, great characters, except Skyler, she's a bitch imo.

The Leviathan
  • The Leviathan

Goof the floof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
    Best Writer 2012

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:29 PM

zPsOPOI.gif

mucho satisfactory.

• epoxi, Xyn, Tacymist and 1 other like this

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

Bryan Cranston on Breaking Bad's return: "Never say never"

Walter White might survived?

• The Leviathan and krashr like this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:22 AM Edited by Myron, 06 June 2014 - 12:24 AM.

Go to church if you're looking for some ham fisted morals forced upon you and some fake sense of ultimate resolutions in storylines. The whole series was built upon the fact that the main character ain't going to make it, if you took three seasons to realise this then you're beyond help. In any case I think the first 2 or 3 seasons are the best, so that's all perspective. Breaking Bad isn't the best television series by a long shot, but your criticisms are inane and trite. I don't know what you were expecting from this show, but I can only apologise that your strange sense of expectation in moral message and neat packaging of story has ruined your enjoyment of it.

As for your ending, his family did end up disowning him, so that's irrelevant. Him being arrested would serve no story purpose anyway and would be rather redundant given the circumstances of the character at the end, not to mention completely dull.

Lol also as for Walt and his wife not 'fixing it', maybe you missed the part where he was a man with terminal cancer hiding a meth empire from his family which includes a DEA enforcer?

• Tacymist likes this

The Leviathan
  • The Leviathan

Goof the floof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
    Best Writer 2012

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:35 PM

Thinking about doing a re-watch of this wonderful show soon. Anyone want to join me?

• CJ killed Ryder and krashr like this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

What becomes of the broken hearted?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:20 AM

657rzxS.gif

I miss waiting for new episodes each week. 

:<

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

copy of a copy of a copy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

Breaking bad is the best. I love it! Greatest tv show of all time!

The Leviathan
  • The Leviathan

Goof the floof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
    Best Writer 2012

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:00 PM

Thought this was funny.

gave-the-money-to-scientology.jpg
  • CJ killed Ryder likes this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:22 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 29 July 2014 - 09:41 AM.

Anyone seen this? 

Another thing:

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users