» «
Photo

☆ [Br]eaking [Ba]d ☆

5,334 replies to this topic
The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:09 AM Edited by thegtaman531, 05 October 2013 - 01:10 AM.

Here are my thoughts on the finale:
It was near-perfect. Just for a few things.
-Why did
Spoiler
have to die?
-How did Walt get the
Spoiler
and predict exactly where Lydia was sitting?
-What happened to Saul and Huell
-They also could of expanded on Jesses final scene a little more.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

-Why did

Spoiler
have to die?

Because both were very much threats to kill Walt's family.

-How did Walt get the

Spoiler
and predict exactly where Lydia was sitting?

How he got it in there is anyone's guess, but he knew where she would sit because Lydia is a creature of habit and always sits in the same spot and always uses the same sweetener. He made sure there was only one of her favorite at her favorite seat.

-What happened to Saul and Huell

Saul moved away to start a new life in Nebraska, as seen in Granite State. And I'm guessing Huell never even left the room. :)

-They also could of expanded on Jesses final scene a little more.

I like that they left that open. His life is way ahead of him. The one thing that wouldn't happen is he would not raise Brock as he would have zero legal ties to him.

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

Holy f-ing sh*t! Breaking Bad is getting a remake! It might appear like a parody, but this sh*t is real. Look it up!

Walter White will be named Walter Blanco (Blanco = white)

Jesse will be named Jose.

Hahahaha, this will be really interesting. I'll give it a chance.

that actually looks quite good lol

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

So I'm watching the series over from the beginning since I've only seen the episodes once. Anyone else doing the same? It's crazy seeing how the vibe of Season 1 is after Season 5. Good memories. The good old days when it was Walt and Jesse cooking :)

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

So I'm watching the series over from the beginning since I've only seen the episodes once. Anyone else doing the same? It's crazy seeing how the vibe of Season 1 is after Season 5. Good memories. The good old days when it was Walt and Jesse cooking :)

I am planning to do so but after a while. These days, I may spend half an hour watching some scenes from this episode and from that episode from that season and so on and I still find a lot of interesting things to see and hear. I start catching subtle foreshadowing in older seasons like in one fast scene in which Walt's house is shown from the street level and a part of a police line tape is blown by wind to stop at the footpath in front of Walt's house. We know that Walt's house ended up being surrounded by that tape.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:21 AM Edited by FiS!!HeR, 06 October 2013 - 09:21 AM.

But walt was dead set on getting the money. I guess he realised what he was doing was wrong.

Still think the Brock story needed a nice conclusion. At least i wanted a nice ending for him.

If you really care about Brock, then don't worry, he has his grandmother to take care of him. We saw her in episode 11 of season 3. I forgot about her, too, so no problem!

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:44 AM Edited by GTA-King, 09 October 2013 - 05:39 AM.

1347887022596.png

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:16 AM Edited by GTA-King, 09 October 2013 - 05:38 AM.

The best scene.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qJtRzy232TE

http://www.wired.com...ic-masculinity/

It's been a pleasure, comrades!

912.gif

MIGta
  • MIGta

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

I couldn't help myself.  I've started watching again for the 3rd time.  Just getting to the end of season 1 and I'm loving it yet again.  Just not quite ready to say goodbye to Breaking Bad yet and move on to another show!

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

That video cuts off the most important part! Ever since Walt was told his cancer was in remission, and he attacked the paper towel dispenser in the bathroom way back in season 2, I've been waiting for him to admit it to either himself or everyone that he was doing it for himself.

When he found out the cancer was in remission, he had to face up to what it all meant. He was doing this all to provide for his family after the cancer killed him, so everything was morally okay in Walt's playbook. But in the cold light of day, he had to face up to the fact that he was enjoying it and if he was going to continue there couldn't be any excuse other than doing it for himself. I just never thought he'd actually admit it to himself. "I did it for me" is the point that the entire series had been building to, for me at least.

On another note, that Wired article is a long read but definitely worthwhile. A lot of good ideas about BB and its take on masculinity in there.

Mr. Lambert
  • Mr. Lambert

Business.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

That video cuts off the most important part!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=uG1S7HJQL_4

Vormek
  • Vormek

I am not in danger. I AM the danger!

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

This scene right here is the key to everything Walt ever did on the show.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

GkyHJuT.jpg?1h

Look what I just got in the mail :O

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

If words could make wishes come true

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

Walter White in lego form. Now I'm jelly.

Mister Kay
  • Mister Kay

Rising from the ashes

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

Walter White Heisenberg in lego form. Now I'm jelly.

Fixed. ;)

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

Breaking Bad Vol 2 - Chained Dog [Soundtrack Score HD]

I like it!

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

Mahogany den writer, between the ashtrays and nuts.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

13c53.JPG

• The Leviathan likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

hey wait a sec.

why the hell did GTA King ban himself?  :blink: 

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

hey wait a sec.

I wanted to ask too, but thought it was known on the board 

Why long time members are vanishing? 

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

I think it's rediculous we have to wait a whole other month just for the second part of season 5 to be released to dvd/BR.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

hey wait a sec.

I think the cryptic message that he was trying to send to everyone was "He died like a man, so he got himself banned."

I never did give my full opinion on the final episode. I thought the final was perfectly executed and very satisfying. They flipped a lot of us on our heads when it came to the theories we were making in the thread. There was no massive shootout between Walt and the Feds. Some of the characters we believed would die survived and most importantly they covered as many loopholes they could imagine. There might of been a few still out there, but really minor ones.

I read some of the posts about them not giving full closures on Jesse or any of the other characters, but here is my opinion on it.

Where the characters go after the show is over is our imagination. This was just a completed chapter in these characters life. We can make some assumptions about what happens next. They manage to make Walt feel like the antagonist in the last few minutes of the show, and no longer the protagonist when he died in that lab.

He was the problem, the problem has been resolved, therefore the story is complete.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

hey wait a sec.

Requested ban. To be honest he was one of the worst members on the forum, outside the Breaking Bad thread.

Anyways, I'm planning to start watching Breaking Bad from tomorrow. Is it okay if I jump in to the 5th season or should I start watching right from the first season?

ArmoredxApple
  • ArmoredxApple

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:19 AM

hey wait a sec.

Requested ban. To be honest he was one of the worst members on the forum, outside the Breaking Bad thread.

Anyways, I'm planning to start watching Breaking Bad from tomorrow. Is it okay if I jump in to the 5th season or should I start watching right from the first season?

You should definitely start from the first season. First of all, the first few seasons are IMO the best, and it will help explain whats going on.

Rico44
  • Rico44

Custom member title

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

You'll have no idea what's going on if you don't start from the beginning.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't blown away by the finale. It wasn't bad, but it felt rather cliche. The death was a given since episode 1, but it felt dumb for him to die by a gunshot wound after all of this cancer battling. I think it would have been an interesting twist for him to surrender to the police and then cut out, leaving the viewer with a lot to think about.

I keep hearing the cast members saying that they respect that that's what Gilligan wanted, as if they weren't completely on-board with it.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

OG

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

hey wait a sec.

Why are you even asking this question? Watch the whole show man it's well worth it :^:

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

Well I hope it lives up to my expectations, I've been lurking this thread for sometime (I don't mind spoilers) and it does sound very interesting, oh well we'll see!

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:35 AM

I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't blown away by the finale. It wasn't bad, but it felt rather cliche. The death was a given since episode 1, but it felt dumb for him to die by a gunshot wound after all of this cancer battling. I think it would have been an interesting twist for him to surrender to the police and then cut out, leaving the viewer with a lot to think about.

I keep hearing the cast members saying that they respect that that's what Gilligan wanted, as if they weren't completely on-board with it.

I understand how you feel, i kind of feel that too,

but its the best ending it has when compared to most of the TV series, as most of them ended lame...

May be the direction of this episode was not that good! meaning, did not stand up to previous episodes.

Walt getting caught by police would make us think the series has not ended, and it would make it look like dragging... 

His death sure made a good ending.

I really want a Breaking Bad Movie! 

Yes!

Walt survives the bullet wound, and he escapes the hospital and he tries to find the rest of the barrels and more bad guys,

Jesse's story also having a good ending in the movie. Man that would be great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users