» «
Photo

☆ [Br]eaking [Ba]d ☆

5,278 replies to this topic
GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:08 AM Edited by GTA-King, 30 September 2013 - 04:13 AM.

Perfect finale, to a perfect show.

My job here is done...

giphy.gif

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:29 AM Edited by Xerukal, 30 September 2013 - 04:31 AM.

Wait where did they confirm an alternate ending?

http://www.businessi...ase-date-2013-9

Here; (Sorry for the black text)

Among the many features on the discs is a three-minute alternate ending to the series and the making to the alternate ending.

The complete series will come in a collectible barrel representative of Walter White's meth legacy.

All together, there are more than 55 hours of special features on the discs.

rotipuj
  • rotipuj

That's all I got

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:46 AM

Probably the satisfying conclusion to a series. Damn, that woodwork scene was so sad. And that final shot.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

sigpic211377_75.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:06 AM

Just saw it. So amazing. Best ending ever.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

When I saw that scene of Jesse doing woodwork, I thought that it's really true and he somehow made a deal to let him go. I would like to say that the conclusion is satisfying and doesn't need any action or over-the-top scenes. The show began simple and ended simple with no exaggerations. It showed what's happening to every main character connected to Walt. Skyler, Marie, Flynn, Holly, Goodman (previous episode), Jesse, Lydia, Jack and his crew. It would be irrelevant to show something like 'two years later, Jesse found a job and now he is living with .... blah blah. Skyler...' like some shows/movies do.

Breaking Bad was a wonderful experience and a nice ride that may not happen again in years. GoodBye Breaking Bad.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the fright

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

Very satisfying ending. What a ride.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:06 AM Edited by FiS!!HeR, 30 September 2013 - 07:08 AM.

By the way, I'm wondering how Walt managed to get the ricin into a pack of Stevia. Does anyone have an idea about it?

Also, I found this image on Twitter (#GoodbyeBreakingBad):

BVYRiQiIUAAtEut.jpg

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

^ Walt said he knew Lydia's schedule, and considering she has always sat at that same table, I am guessing Walt put the ricin there before she even showed up.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

No, he wants to know how Walt put the ricin inside a sealed pack of Stevia and then seal it back up.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

Well, given that he managed to make an RC-controlled M60 on a rotating surface, he would also be able to store the ricin in a pack of stevia, seal it up perfectly and put it on the table where Lydia always sits.

I didn't expect that Walt will let Jesse go given that he was the main reason in all of what happened lately. Pages back, I wrote that Walt has developed a complete hatred toward Jesse and will not rescue him and it would kind of an over-the-top scenario. Well, I was wrong and Walt even gave Jesse the 'OK' face motion like if he's saying to him: 'Go, you're free. Live your young life'.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

No, he wants to know how Walt put the ricin inside a sealed pack of Stevia and then seal it back up.

If Walt can kill Gus Fring, I am sure he can figure out a way to re-seal a pack of Stevia.

That's the best answer I can give.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:56 AM Edited by Deffpony, 30 September 2013 - 07:58 AM.

After sitting on my thoughts I'm no longer as disappointed with the finale.

I'm realizing that what made BB so good was the "oh sh*t" moments, and I was hoping the ending was going to be the same. But all the crazy big moments in the show either added conflict or shifted it. And with a finale you can't do that without leaving it too open ended. A finale requires resolution which we got.

On that note, I do wish that everything wasn't so obvious. They gave away what was going to happen far too easily, revealing the huge gun, all the focus on Lydia's tea, and even showing the trunk contraption. BB is the best show in terms of surprising you and I feel like they decided to be more upfront with the ending.

The best moment was the laundering plan with Gretchen and Elliot because it was such a genius plan that no one saw coming, in typical BB fashion.

I can't see this finale as perfect, not because of what happens, but because of how it was revealed. I feel like they put far too much weight on the last episode and kind of rushed things. Little things, like how a weazing old man can sneak into both a multi million dollar property and the apartment of someone under police servailance.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

Just watched Talking Bad. Something makes sense now.

In last week's episode, Walt sits in a cabin for months presumably. And the cleaner guy visits him once a month, bringing supplies, but leaving Walt. Walt then becomes lonely and offers money just for a couple hours of human contact. This reminds me of an episode of the Twilight Zone, entitled The Lonely, where a convict, played by Jack Warden, is left on an asteroid to live out his sentence. And it might be the inspiration for that part, because Gilligan said in Talking Bad that he's a huge Twilight Zone fan.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:50 AM Edited by AceKingston, 30 September 2013 - 09:50 AM.

So, this is the end of Breaking Bad forever? Wow, that must be hard for the fans. I never really gotten around to watching it since it doesn't get aired here in India. I might watch it online, though.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

Absolutely spectacular. Most TV shows f*ck up the ending, but this was flawless. I loved every second of it. I can't wait to watch the whole show again from start to finish. I'm still shaking from the awesomeness I just witnessed.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

2KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

I loved the pacing and mood of this episode and I enjoyed every minute of it. I guess you could pretty much call it a happy ending, and it didn't have to be cheesy.

Hawkster
  • Hawkster

The One Who Knocks

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

Amazing episode and amazing ending to the show. Take a note Dexter, this is how you have a satisfying final episode.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:01 AM Edited by 69_black_69, 30 September 2013 - 11:02 AM.

Definitely the greatest show of all times, in my opinion.

I clapped like an idiot during the "you-know-what" scene. So satisfying. REMEMBER HIS NAME!!!

now excuse me while i cry about it......

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

RunJessie.gif

f*ck, that feels so long ago now. 

The finale was pretty much exactly what everyone predicted. I guess it was intentional to make it that obvious. I liked it, but it wasn't spectacular. To be honest I've been a little disappointed with the fifth season in general.

The only question remaining for me is,

Spoiler

I thought it was cool how that's left unanswered, shows that it was never really about the money. And in the end no one wants it.

Realistically I doubt it's far from or even outside of uncle Jack's hideout. 

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

When Walt wanted Jesse dead after the shootout between Jack and his crew against Hank and Steve, he was actually Walt with the soul of Heisenberg. Months later, we weren't provided with the actual timeframe, when he was informed about Jesse is still alive and blue meth is still being produced, his character changed to a mix between Walt, the compassionate, and Heisenberg, the ruthless. The new personality, call it Weisenberg, was brave to take out a well-armed crew and it was compassionate to admit his mistake to his wife and to save his young student, Jesse Pinkman, whom he saved dozen of times from himself and from others.

• 69_black_69 likes this

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

Smile.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:05 PM Edited by rudy., 30 September 2013 - 12:06 PM.

I was really hoping that Walt would find money and give to Jesse.  Or jesse would find the money.

Anyway, This finale hit all the right notes.  I got the feeling that the writers are real fans themselves and don't view the audience as twits who don't "get it."  I called Jesse strangling Todd with his own chains but I had the feeling that's what the writers wanted all along. It was really satisfying.The only loose end I didn't like was that the Drew Sharpe case is still open.
Loved the prayer Walt serves up while he's in the snow-covered Volvo. I don't remember exactly what he says, but it's something like, "Let me go, and I'll take care of the rest." Then, as if his prayer is answered, not only do the police leave, but Walt finds the car's keys in the visor.

Verdant
  • Verdant

Rasta Blasta!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:19 PM Edited by GtaOutKast, 30 September 2013 - 01:42 PM.

What an ending to such an amazing show. I'm quite depressed that I wasn't here from the beginning as I only got into Breaking Bad earlier this year. Fancy this, I thought when the music kicked in and Walt was walking around the lab that he was going to start cooking or something hahaha. My favorite TV series of all time. Thank You Writers, thank you Actors and most of all, thank you Vince Gilligan. 

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:19 PM Edited by FiS!!HeR, 30 September 2013 - 12:21 PM.

What's more satisfying is that even if Walt didn't die from the bullet that hit him, he would be a dead man walking because of cancer. He would probably not last more than a few months before leaving to darkness. So rather than keep a painful fight against cancer, he died in a less painful way with a smile on his chin. Ironically, his death happened in a meth lab while he was appreciating the look and scale of the cooking equipments.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

The ending was just...PERFECT!

holder
  • holder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

I think the reaction to the ending has really helped to establish the fact that there are two very distinct sets of Breaking Bad fans. There are those who watch the show for the fully rounded characters and the amazing storytelling, and there are those that watch it for the twists and turns. I'm not saying you can't have your foot in both camps, but those with their foot in the latter camp are those that are disappointed in the ending. For me, it was perfect in every way. Yes, it wasn't particularly unexpected or unpredictable, but this show is about more than shocking the audience. The ending of the show brought the story to a close in an extremely satisfying and (most importantly) honest way. This wasn't the time for cheap thrills; it was the time to bring things full circle and to an end that felt true to the show we love. Fair play to Vince Gilligan and the writers for succeeding in every way I'd hoped.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

I got a bit teary eyed when Walt was walking around the meth lab. I'll miss BrBd and Burn Notice.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

I got totally teary at alot of moments during the episode to be honest. Seriously... both sad and happy it's over. It was one hell of a ride and so damn awesome. I just felt the pacing was perfect.... and just the planning was also totally awesome. It hand the basic idea of what I expected yet totally differently approached.

Goodbye Breaking Bad... you'll be the TV series that few know to surpass or even get close to.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

Somehow, I think this would've been a more fitting credits song;

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Yag41F7eCLU

I like the one they used, but I think this one is also very fitting. Not too sad, but not too happy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google