Photo

☆ [Br]eaking [Ba]d ☆

5,293 replies to this topic
Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

I'm actually disappointed. Wasn't what I was hoping for. But I guess that is just in comparison to the rest of the stellar season.

I just don't think they stuck the landing.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:36 AM

Ah Christ, I can't believing I'm kind of agreeing with deffpony. I'm satisfied BUT, for a show so synonymous with twists and turns, that was a remarkably straightforward ending. But it makes sense. I was expecting something more grandiose, but we got that with the vanquishing of Gus. Here, Walt was just clapping some skinheads so in that regard, it was appropriate.

My biggest gripe was how brief the episode, an extended one at that, felt. Ugh, I just wanted more time. More time... More time to mediate on things, to say goodbye. I can't believe it's done. I wanted that finish to be more sentimental, but I'm greedy.

But I liked it, so please, sheath your pitchforks.

MasterO
  • MasterO

Nanomachines son.

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

After confirming the Nazis are dead, and an excited Jesse leaves, Walt goes to Uncle Jack's lab and begins admiring the equipment. Then, he succumbs to his bullet wound, collapsing on the ground just as police officers arrive. The officers storm the lab, with one officer inspecting Walt's now deceased body. Jesse and Skyler are shown in flash-forwards as getting married. Walt Jr. ends the story now the new Heisenberg, saying into the camera, now bald, "Walt till they get a load of me.." but in his slurred speech.

Bravo Vince

Tass
  • Tass

Tread lightly

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

Best ending ever. Wow. Thank you, Breaking Bad.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

Very believable and well-done ending. Can't believe it's over now. I would have liked some closure on Jesse, Marie, and the kids, but I guess we'll have to decide that for ourselves.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

The ending was good. It's what needed to be done. Overall, this has been a f*cking hell of a series. And this has probably been the best final season of a drama series, at least that I've ever seen.

I totally knew Badger and Skinny Pete were holding those lasers. "The best hitmen west of the Mississippi."

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

Spoiler

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

I agree with you Don. It was a good ending, and a realistic one too. But the series set the bar for "Holy sh*t" moments and ends it with an "oh cool" moment.

I really wanted Jessie to have more resolution.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:50 AM

Spoiler

Hit by one of the R/C machine gun bullets.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

Spoiler

He bled out

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:55 AM

I really wanted Jessie to have more resolution.

Completely agree, his story definitely needed some closure. His ending was just too ambiguous for me.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:01 AM

What closure did Jesse need? He killed the guy that killed Andrea. He knew Walt was going to die. No one who knew he was Heisenberg's left hand man (except Skylar) is still alive. He's free to do what he wants. He's still probably f*cked up in the head and depressed, but that's something you can't just "get closure" on.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

Five more minutes, sh*t, 60 seconds worth of a flashforward would've made me a much happier camper. I wanted the writers to give us more to chew on, but they decided to let us ponder what becomes of all the surviving players. I can appreciate that, and will appreciate it more over time (years).

Jesse moves away somewhere remote and starts over. I don't see him having a right to claim Brock. Regardless, he'll find a way to keep tabs on him. Walt Jr. gets the money, and probably along with Skylar, figures out that Walt played a part in its delivery. He accepts it and the family lives a comfortable life struggling with the psychological fallout of the man called Heisenberg. Holly will learn of her criminal father, but at that point will probably have him painted in a more forgiving light. Marie and Skylar have a permanently strained relationship only salvaged by the existence of Walt Jr. and Holly. Hank and Steve's bodies get a proper burial.

Yeah. I'm gonna go cry.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

What closure did Jesse need? He killed the guy that killed Andrea. He knew Walt was going to die. No one who knew he was Heisenberg's left hand man (except Skylar) is still alive. He's free to do what he wants. He's still probably f*cked up in the head and depressed, but that's something you can't just "get closure" on.

I just wanted to see what he did with his life afterwards, that's all. I guess there didn't really need to be anymore closure, it just would have been satisfying. Other than that, everything about the episode was very well done. An excellent end to an excellent show.

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:06 AM

Sad its over. But I loved the Ending. Thank You Breaking Bad.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:06 AM

There is NO resolution for Jessie. This whole season he has been on the verge of insanity. He watches another person he loves get killed, and then is enslaved to cook method for months like a rat.

He gets freed, kills Todd, and we are supposed to pretend like he is all gravy now.

I think Jessie really deserved a proper redemption, but he was driven into the ground til the last 5 minutes of the series. I would have much rather Jessie murder suicide Walt and himself. Would have not only been realistic, but shocking.

Mockage
  • Mockage

Fljótavík

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

I don't know what to look forward to every Sunday now. I'm actually feeling down that the show is done, but at the same time I'm satisfied that it ended off on a good note.

That finale was just f*cking awesome though. This is the best show I have ever watched in my entire life. Thank you AMC and the cast of Breaking Bad - you're all the best.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:09 AM

Did Walt mean to get shot though?

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:11 AM Edited by Forty, 30 September 2013 - 03:12 AM.

Nah. Just got hit by a ricochet.

The finale was great. It's almost impossible to conclude a show of this magnitude in a way that is satisfying and pleasing to everyone. Gilligan did as good a job as anyone could have. It's just too bad it's over.

It's not the greatest show of all time for me, but it's definitely the most intense and tightly written that I've seen. Wonderful throughout. I can't wait to re-watch the whole thing a year or two from now and enjoy it for a second time.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

I think Walt was just trying to protect Jessie at all costs.

Back to what I said about Jessie. I know there is no way for him to get a full resolution. But out of every character on the show I think he is the most deserving of a happy ending.

I'm bothered that they just show him drive away laughing in what feels like a thrown together way to tell the viewer that things are OK for him now.

Its a good finale. But far below the bar they set throughout the series.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

I don't think he necessarily wanted to get shot. But knew it was probably going to happen and he accepted that.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:19 AM

I just watched "talking bad" and Vince said it sucks that Walt Jr could never know that Walt wasn't the one who killed Hank.

What is keeping Skylar from telling the truth? To me it would provide a bit more resolution to know that Walt Jr and Marie ended up finding out that the skin heads killed Hank and that Walt died avenging him. No?

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

I just watched "talking bad" and Vince said it sucks that Walt Jr could never know that Walt wasn't the one who killed Hank.

What is keeping Skylar from telling the truth? To me it would provide a bit more resolution to know that Walt Jr and Marie ended up finding out that the skin heads killed Hank and that Walt died avenging him. No?

Skyler probably doesn't believe anything Walt tells her anymore. 

The only question remaining for me is,

Spoiler

• Rudy likes this

Zikomos
  • Zikomos

Wanted

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

Certainly. But we're left to think whatever we want about the events after Breaking Bad and just because Vince felt that way doesn't mean we have to.

I teared up a bit during the scene where Walt says his final goodbye to Skyler, visits with Holly, and then sees Walt Jr. from a distance one last time. For all the times people got sick of Skyler and her scenes with Walt, this may have been one of the best scenes in the entire show.

Walt simply dying at the end from a bullet wound may seem a bit "simple" to some, since it doesn't involve some twist or turn, but I think it was necessary. It's a very complete ending to an amazing show.

Zikomos
  • Zikomos

Wanted

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

Skyler probably doesn't believe anything Walt tells her anymore. 

The only question remaining for me is,

Spoiler

It will either remain missing or most likely the cops that show up at the end of the show will discover it after going through the hideout (if it was hidden on site). I did enjoy that scene though, because all this time Walt cared so much about the money he had earned. At this point, he said f*ck it and just shot Jack dead.

That also reminds me of the scene with Skyler where he admits that he did all this for himself. We've heard time and time again that he's doing this for his family, but it always felt a bit unjustified, considering all the harm it ended up causing his family. He finally admits the truth to her, perhaps finally realizing his true motive himself.

Another thing I liked was how he was one step ahead of everyone this episode. Walt is the smartest character in the show and it showed tonight. He out-smarted Gretchen and Elliot, Lydia, and Todd and his uncle's gang.

So I guess last episode was the last time we got to see Saul. His send off felt a bit mild compared to his presence through out the rest of the show but it was realistic.

Best show I've ever watched.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

I guess I am in the minority with my disappointment. Judging by the response over the internet, everyone loved it.

TBH when it ended I expected alot of backlash, because Im usually very forgiving of artistic direction in film, but I think they just missed the mark for the finale. Call it too high of expectations, but for a show that made itself famous for constantly keeping the viewer guessing, the last scene was pretty much what everyone expected.

Walt saves Jessie using that big ass gun, Jessie kills Todd, then decides whether or not to kill Walt.

Call me spoiled, but I really wanted the ending to feel more like this moment:

RunJessie.gif

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:46 AM Edited by Xerukal, 30 September 2013 - 03:47 AM.

Hoooolyyyy Shiiiiiiit maaaaan!

What an ending! Absolutely amazing! 

I can't even put into words anymore. So that's all I'm gonna say! 

Breaking Bad, the best piece of television ever crafted. Thank you Vince Gilligan, Thank you Bryan Cranston and Thank you everyone!

Goodbye, Breaking Bad.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=CjP3VlbIfDA

• Tikhung likes this

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

Man this sucks, everyone is saying it is the greatest ending of all time... but I just dont see it.

This is the best show to ever be on television, and Im a HUGE BB fan. But I cant help but feel like alot of people are just riding the momentum of this season. 

Just felt awesome, not breaking bad awesome... Someone hold me

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

Man this sucks, everyone is saying it is the greatest ending of all time... but I just dont see it.

This is the best show to ever be on television, and Im a HUGE BB fan. But I cant help but feel like alot of people are just riding the momentum of this season. 

Just felt awesome, not breaking bad awesome... Someone hold me

Hey man, there's always the alternate ending to look forward to if you weren't feeling this one. 

Let's apply GTA V Heist logic.

You have two ways of going about doing a heist, yes? 

1. Smart/Stealthy in some cases

2. Stupid/Loud.

Consider this ending the Smart one, and the alternate one the Loud one. Since from what's been said, It's apparently going to be a full on shoot-out. 

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

Wait where did they confirm an alternate ending?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users