» «
Photo

☆ [Br]eaking [Ba]d ☆

5,216 replies to this topic
Endless Rain
  • Endless Rain

The Dude

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:58 PM Edited by Endless Rain, 09 September 2013 - 07:31 PM.

Anticlimatic shootout and Huell's manipulation scene aside, I really enjoyed the consistency of Todd's aim.

CtkOS.gif

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Walt's a scumbag and I really hope he gets what's coming to him at the end of the series. I think this episode has perhaps made it all a tad obvious though. I reckon Hank and Gomie will die but Jesse might have escaped. Walt won't forgive the Aryans, gets a new identity and then comes back to kill them with the MG42; ironically enough a maching gun that was developed in Nazi Germany.

Hopefully Walt dies though and then we may get to see a spin off series about Walt Junior and his quest for revenge by eating breakfast.

I dont think Walt will want to kill the Nazis just because they killed Hank and Gomie. 

Well he seemed pretty damn insistent on them not killing them. Who else could Walt possibly be going after?

Its the most logic scenario. Hank dies and Walt realises what he become. Then he must die too, karma's a bitch bad guy winning is not cool in todays tv shows .

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 09 September 2013 - 03:00 PM.

I think Walt's M60 will be for Todd's crew.
Not only did they show up when Walt said not to, they probably kill Hank and Gomez.
EDIT: sh*t, someone already said it.

Vormek
  • Vormek

I am not in danger. I AM the danger!

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by Vormek, 09 September 2013 - 03:09 PM.

I'm a little late to the party...

...but F*CKING HELL MAN! Everything about this episode was just brilliant. From the cold open to the end. I knew Jesse's plan was to get to Walt's money but I never could've figured out how Jesse and Hank would find his money. How they manipulated Huell was just perfect and faking that barrel-photo was brilliant. How the f*ck did the writers come up with that? I'm in awe of their brilliance.

The meeting with Walt and Uncle Jack was overshadowed by the ending but this is a very important scene. Walt seemed to be intimidated by Jack and we now know that they need Walt or Jesse's help with the cook. Definitely sets the mood for the upcoming episode.

As soon as Walter saw the photo of the money barrel, I knew that sh*t was on. Walt driving to the spot he hid the cash with the pedal pressed all the way down to the bottom, all whilst speaking on the phone pleading Jesse to stop and later turning aggressive screaming out the things he's done to save Jesse. Also, that's one thing y'all need to know. Walter spoke of some murders on his cellphone which isn't very smart, but considering how Walt thought Jesse was going to burn his money he just had to tell this over the phone in an attempt to stop him from burning his money. He's dying of cancer anyway, who cares if he spoke of some murders over the phone? And also, Hank had nothing on Walter to lock him up. Nothing that would hold up in court at least. In order to get a wiretap you would need to go through a lengthy process. Walt knows that Hank is the only cop in the world who knows about his alter-ego, and he knows that Hank can't wiretap him.

When the trio arrived to the desert I knew sh*t was going to get even better. I was at the edge of my seat wondering if Walt would keep hiding, make a run for it or give up. Needless to say he gave up, but this can't be right I said. He's not behind bars in the flashforwards. I figured the Aryans would turn up regardless of what Walter told them but it didn't ruin the experience for me. I don't think it was supposed to be a "shocking, impossible-to-figure-out twist". And it wasn't over yet. Uncle Jack showed up with a lot of muscle and all of them heavily armed (except Todd lol) The last two minutes we're f*cking brutal mates. I haven't felt like this since Half Measure/Full Measure. Just when you think that nothing can beat the tension in Half Measure and Full Measure, the writers just throw it in your face and surprise you with something like this. I mean holy f*ck! Sure, the tension in Blood Money and Confessions were outstanding, but nowhere as close as To'Hajiilee!

And to think that we still have that monster-episode called "Ozymandias" where the sh*t will really hit the fan just makes me hyped as f*ck. It's Gilligan's favorite episode and it will "knock our f*cking socks off" he said. Just a small detail regarding To'Hajiilee. It was kinda improbable that there were five Aryans aiming automated weapons at Hank and Gomez and yet we didn't see them catch any bullets. For a moment there I thought I saw Gomez taking a hit but I could've seen wrong. But hey, maybe they did catch some bullets but they just don't want to reveal it just yet.

If I may take a wild guess about what's going to happen in the coming three episodes. I think I'm correct about this.

Edit: There's something wrong with the coding. The spoiler tags aren't working lol. Well, just a heads up, read at own risk.

Spoiler
  • milkmansun likes this

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Im from Czech Republic, and Im so glad that someone from USA finally knows that its not Czechoslovakia already for more than 20 years. I hear it all the times everywhere. And meth is more popular than weed here. 

Vormek
  • Vormek

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:24 PM Edited by Vormek, 09 September 2013 - 03:30 PM.

Things to note:

Heisenberg is starting to fade away. Things aren't working the way he wanted in this episode.

* His plan to attempt to lure Jesse by using Andrea failed.

* Heisenberg felt intimidated while meeting with Uncle Jack. He caved and agreed to cook for them... once.

* He was outsmarted by Jesse and Hank. They found his big weakness.

* He cannot control the Aryans. They simply aren't doing what he's telling them. A major weakness shown by Heisenberg. Walter White is slowly coming back visualized by the heavy coughing out in the desert.

Edit: It seems like the new non-introduced antagonists which Gilligan spoke of will be the Czechs. They've repeatedly refreshed our memories with this. In Blood Money, Lydia warned Walt that bad things can happen if the quality of the meth aren't up to their expectations. In Buried we saw Lydia and the Aryans getting rid of Declan's crew in order to cook better meth to please the Czechs... at least for a while. And in this episode, the meth has improved a bit, 76% compared to Declan's 68%. It's starting to get better but the blue color is not present which the Czechs seems to demand since it's their "signature" over there. Things aren't working out very well with the Czechs and we've been reminded about this three times. I don't think the writers would introduce us to this problem in several episodes just to ignore it later on. f*ck no! The Czechs are coming friends! :D

Vormek
  • Vormek

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:44 PM Edited by Vormek, 09 September 2013 - 03:50 PM.

I retract my previous statement that it was improbable for Hank and Gomez to avoid all those bullets. I changed my mind after seeing this picture: http://i.imgur.com/hh4txgX.jpg

The Aryans don't have a good sight since the car is in the way. It would only take a second to take cover with that car in the way. Perfect episode! xD

I almost forgot. Todd was really creepy in the cold open. Seems like he has a thang for Lydia or whaddayathink? Wiping off the lipstick and taking a sip a moment later where the lipstick is. Sick bastard :D

Edit: Just saw that To'Hajiilee has a 9.8 rating on IMDB. That's huge! Only Face/Off has a rating that high.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

@Vormek

You really think they could introduce another set of antagonists in the form of the Czechs this late in the game? I can't see them doing it without it feeling rushed considering there's only 3 episodes left, one of which is set a few months down the line.

Mv6
  • Mv6

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

I'm not going to lie, I have never watched any of the previous seasons of BB. Blasphemy, I know, however, there is hope. I'm going on a BB binge today.

I will watch seasons 1-4 on netflix before the next weeks  episode airs....Wish me luck gents...

Vormek
  • Vormek

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

@Vormek

You really think they could introduce another set of antagonists in the form of the Czechs this late in the game? I can't see them doing it without it feeling rushed considering there's only 3 episodes left, one of which is set a few months down the line.

Well, Gilligan said we would be acquainted with old and new antagonists in season 5b. Some of which we haven't seen before. And the Aryans were introduced before season 5b so I'm expecting to see some new antagonists. But I just don't know for sure, we'll just have to wait and see ;)

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

No, i dont think new antagonists will be shown now. Its too late, maybe he meant more nazi guys, like the one with mustache waiting for Jesse in car was really funny. 

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Sweet jesus, the whole scene before the shootout was intense as all hell. I have the feeling that Jack and his gang are going to get Walt out of there.

cbiscuit93
  • cbiscuit93

Pink Bandana

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

I can see the Aryan's approaching Jesse to kill him for Walt, but Walt once again insisting that he will not cook if Jesse is killed.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

Jesse definitely got away.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Weekend Warlock

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:44 PM Edited by orbitalraindrops, 09 September 2013 - 05:44 PM.

I think its perfectly reasonable that they didn't hit each other instantly. I mean it's obvious at least someone is going to get shot. There is actually a pretty large distance between them anyway. Pause it at around 44:06 just before Jack asks for ID. There's some pretty heavy distance between them. It's hot, It's dusty, tensions are running high. It certainly is not going to be like them just shooting targets on a range, regardless of there skill and previous experience.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:44 PM Edited by InstantCClassic, 09 September 2013 - 05:49 PM.

Someone mentioned on reddit that the biggest joke from last night's episode were the Aryans talking about purity. :lol:

• orbitalraindrops likes this

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

I think its perfectly reasonable that they didn't hit each other instantly. I mean it's obvious at least someone is going to get shot. There is actually a pretty large distance between them anyway. Pause it at around 44:06 just before Jack asks for ID. There's some pretty heavy distance between them. It's hot, It's dusty, tensions are running high. It certainly is not going to be like them just shooting targets on a range, regardless of there skill and previous experience.

If that guy with the heavy machine gun perched on the car door couldn't hit them with at least one bullet then he must be legally blind. If hank and gomez survive I will think it pretty ridiculous to be honest. Did either of them even reload?? I don't think there's anyone who wants Hank to survive so why keep him alive. Probably gonna sound cold hearted as f*ck but I hope Hank dies and Marie commits suicide upon hearing the news.

I was also really disappointed with Walt in this episode... that cancer must've spread to his brain because all his logic just went out the window when he rushed to that reservation.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Walt falling for that GPS ruse had me breaking sad.

Da_Lurker
  • Da_Lurker

Wake up and smell the coffee

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

This was awesome.

I love how this show can use really old tropes and make them new and refreshing.

Dude! I was at the edge of my seat the entire time!

sh*t just got real.

Only 3 weeks more :O

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Weekend Warlock

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:21 PM Edited by orbitalraindrops, 09 September 2013 - 06:22 PM.

Yeah fair point I suppose. I've kind of lost sympathy for all 3 of them tbh. Walts too far gone, It's just Heisenberg. I kind of miss the old Walt in series 1 - 3. He's all ego and anger now. Jesse has gone f*cking emo and Hank is just being pretty underhanded and angry. If any of them die I wouldn't be too upset. I feel the worst for Jesse though, and I hope Walt Jr and Holly come out alright. Theyv'e just all become so one dimensional.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

Yeah fair point I suppose. I've kind of lost sympathy for all 3 of them tbh. Walts too far gone, It's just Heisenberg. I kind of miss the old Walt in series 1 - 3. He's all ego and anger now. Jesse has gone f*cking emo and Hank is just being pretty underhanded and angry. If any of them die I wouldn't be too upset. I feel the worst for Jesse though, and I hope Walt Jr and Holly come out alright. Theyv'e just all become so one dimensional.

I don't think they've become one dimensional at all personally.

I agree that Walt has pretty much transformed into Heisenberg but this episode sort of hinted at his redemption. Almost as if he's come full circle.

Hank's always been an underhand arsehole but I don't want him to die because then it will mean Walt won't face charges. If anything, we're back to seeing the Hank we knew before he killed Tuco.

Jesse's one of the most interesting characters because of his constant battles with morality and drug addiction. 

I really think it's unfair to call them one dimensional.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:36 PM Edited by Forty, 09 September 2013 - 06:37 PM.

A thought I had while watching last night:

Spoiler

• BillGates likes this

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

I'm still rooting for Walt. Why you ask? Because I have been since the beginning. I need to see this through to the very end.

Vormek
  • Vormek

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

I think To'Hajiilee might be my favorite episode. EASILY in the top 3 at least.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Yea as much as I dislike everything Walt has done..I still feel like rooting for him. His character is very complex. It is hard to question whether he is in Heisenberg mode or just Walt.

I have felt like these last few episodes, he is losing his ego and wants to live a normal life, but his past is not letting him.

I also don't understand why all the hate for Jesse though..I think I can understand why, but with all that he is been through, you can feel the pain he is in.

• GTA-King likes this

BillGates
  • BillGates

Boot me up.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:52 PM Edited by BillGates, 09 September 2013 - 06:53 PM.

Alright here is the thing:

- Remember the scene where Walt Jr. and Walt are watching SCARFACE? Remember what Walt said to Jr: ''Everybody dies in this movie.''

This is a clear hint, along with the M16 (?) that Walt will end up in a shootout with those guys who will kill Hank and Gomez.

WALT = TONY MONTANA.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:01 PM Edited by GTA-King, 09 September 2013 - 09:11 PM.

@Doublepulse: "he is losing his ego and wants to live a normal life, but his past is not letting him."

Totally agree with that statement. The reason he started doing this was to provide for his family. I think the moment he started doing things more for himself was when he killed Gus. He went on a massive ego trip, and I honestly don't blame him. I mean, who wouldn't after taking out a guy as powerful as Gus? When he blindly killed Mike after he destroyed his ego, I believe that's when he started to get more of a grip on himself. Of course he still had to kill the guys in prison, but it had to be done so he could remain free.

Things are going to start really hitting him in the face soon...

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by Otter, 09 September 2013 - 07:08 PM.

Walt falling for that GPS ruse had me breaking sad.

I have to disagree. Walt's never been half as clever as he'd like to believe. He's always got by on a combination of luck and the kind of balls you only grow when you know you're already dead.

He's nastier than he is clever. Wild card.

I mean, burying the money, and all in one place? The man doesn't learn lessons.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:23 PM Edited by Forty, 09 September 2013 - 07:23 PM.

I mean, burying the money, and all in one place? The man doesn't learn lessons.

I would agree normally, but he was panicked and trying to move it as quickly as possible. Given more time, he may have spread it out or done something different with it. Purely conjecture, though.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:30 PM Edited by Otter, 09 September 2013 - 07:30 PM.

I don't know - keep in mind that he was moving it from a single rented storage unit which was simply lockpicked to remove it. Walt's cunning in the moment when nobody expects just how sociopathic he is, but in the long game? I guess, as a dying man, that doesn't entirely matter to him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users