• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

Holy f*ck this episode

FenderFlix
  • FenderFlix

Random Guy

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (cbiscuit93 @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 09:14)
Jesse knows it wasn't ricin that Brock was poisoned with, but it doesn't matter. Walt used Brock to manipulate Jesse into helping him kill Gus.

I agree with most of your explanation except for this part. If Brock wasn't poisoned with ricin, there's literally no connection between Brock and Walter that's visble to Jesse. Of course we know about the LOTV but like someone stated earlier, it is a rather common incident that kids eat this stuff. So Jesse cannot trace the LOTV back to Walt and also cannot completely rule out the possibility that it was indeed Gus who poisoned Brock.
In this episode Jesse reminds Saul of Brock's poisoning immediately after calling him out on the ricin. So the only explanation I have is that he cannot remember everything so clearly and isn't able to draw reasonable conclusions in his current state of mind.

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

Amazing episode but I still don't understand the part with the ricin. I mean the doctors confirmed that Brock was poisoned with that Lily of the valley flower or whatever didn't they? What makes Jesse think that ricin was used?

Still, can't wait for the next episode, it's really starting to pick up!

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

I knew something bad was going to happen. The idea that Jesse was going to start a new life seemed too good to be true. I also have a feeling that Walt's confession isn't going to stop Hank for long. After all, Walt seems to run away from what we've seen in the scenes at the beginning of the previous episodes, the scenes from the future.

Vormek
  • Vormek

I am not in danger. I AM the danger!

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

Great episode once again! I really can't say which of these three episodes have been better. I was going to put this episode at the bottom of the three by a slight margin but the ending really raised it and put it on bar with the first two.

About the ending. It doesn't matter if it wasn't the ricin that poisoned Brock. Jesse knows very well it was lily of the valley. When he confronted Walt about this in episode 4.12, he instantly assumed Walt had Huell switch the pack with the ricin cigarette. When Jesse found out it was lily of the valley he still wasn't sure what really happened to the ricin cigarette. Walt manipulates Jesse into thinking he had dropped it and it was sucked in by the Roomba.

OK, so far so good. Jesse fell for this lie and it worked very well. But Jesse most likely always had some doubts. What are the odds of Brock being poisoned by a plant around the same time I lost the ricin cigarette? He probably had this in his back mind but couldn't put the pieces together. The last few episodes, Jesse has constantly questioned Walt and all his actions. What if Walt was full of it the entire time, he says to himself. Then he picks up his cigarettes moments before the "disappearance guy" shows up. He sees the pack and he starts thinking about that day again. What if Huell really picked up the pack of cigarettes? I mean after all, he patted me down that day. Jesse searches for his weed but can't find it. Didn't I pass Huell when walking through the door? Twice I've been in close contact with this guy and both times things from my pockets disappeared.

It doesn't matter if kids eat lily of the valley all the time. Jesse cannot possibly see this as a coincidence. Jesse instantly assumes that because of his bag of weed is missing, it was Huell who lifted it up. And if he did it this time, he was the one who lifted the pack of cigarettes that other time. That's all Jesse can think of. Jesse KNOWS Brock was poisoned, it doesn't matter how he was poisoned. He just knows that there's an elaborate scheme behind it since things have been lifted from his pocket TWICE.

Anyway, it was a fine piece of episode. Seeing the nazis passing the New Mexico state line seems very promising. I'm sure something will go wrong between Walt and the Aryans. However, Gilligan said that the enemies will be people we haven't been introduced to yet and some who we have already met.

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:16 PM

The ending of last night's episode was so f*cking intense and crazy, I had my hands over my mouth gasping! And I'm a guy, only girls do that! (no offense)

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (fridaynightscream @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 15:16)
And I'm a guy, only girls do that! (no offense)

I had tears in my eyes when Walt hugged Jesse. I'm pretty sure it's OK for men to show emotion.

aquateen87
  • aquateen87

Remember, no fear.

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 12:31)
QUOTE (fridaynightscream @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 15:16)
And I'm a guy, only girls do that! (no offense)

I had tears in my eyes when Walt hugged Jesse. I'm pretty sure it's OK for men to show emotion.

I thought I was the only one! blush.gif

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

Surely Walt's daughter is in the house as she can't be with Marie and Hank.Then again, the flashback at the start of the season showed the house still intact so Jesse must not burn it down.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

^ But who leaves their baby alone at home? Jesse breaks in, so no one is home.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 13:38)
I knew something bad was going to happen. The idea that Jesse was going to start a new life seemed too good to be true. I also have a feeling that Walt's confession isn't going to stop Hank for long. After all, Walt seems to run away from what we've seen in the scenes at the beginning of the previous episodes, the scenes from the future.

Walt's idea only works without Jesse. But now he's pissed. Pissed enough to perhaps help Hank with his investigation.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:11 PM Edited by johnny_zoo, 26 August 2013 - 04:30 PM.

What an episode!! Holy toast with cheese and juice that was powerful!

Lots of "confessions" but thy were all under duress.

Loved the reference to past episodes they were so many I couldn't count them all! Did anyone else notice the spider crawling, the videotaped confessioned by Walt etc..?

Todd mates really REALLY care about their appearance which is surprising since they dress like scuzzballs?

Great acting as usual from Aaron he always nails his emotional scenes with aplomb. I admit I teared up slightly when Jesse cried and I'm a dude. It was as good as the hospital scene. biggrin.gif

I cant wait to see what happens with Walt and Jesse now. Their friendship is now officially DEAD. My hope of one last cook for old times sake just went down the drain. Oh well.

So much other stuff but I cant talk about it all!! Man that was awesome.

FenderFlix
  • FenderFlix

Random Guy

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (Vormek @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 11:39)
Jesse KNOWS Brock was poisoned, it doesn't matter how he was poisoned.

Of course it matters. You can't just jump to conclusions here without proof. You can't burn a man's house down for poisoning a kid when there's in fact no supporting evidence that this man ever came in contact with the stuff that REALLY poisoned the kid.
I really love the show and I want everything to work out perfectly but in this case I think it does not. Maybe somehow it will make sense with the following episodes.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:35 PM Edited by johnny_zoo, 26 August 2013 - 04:30 PM.

QUOTE (FenderFlix @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 14:18)

Of course it matters. You can't just jump to conclusions here without proof. You can't burn a man's house down for poisoning a kid when there's in fact no supporting evidence that this man ever came in contact with the stuff that REALLY poisoned the kid.
I really love the show and I want everything to work out perfectly but in this case I think it does not. Maybe somehow it will make sense with the following episodes.

Umm what are you talking about? Saul confessed to Jesse that Walt was behind the whole thing with Brock. Thats proof enough.

FenderFlix
  • FenderFlix

Random Guy

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (johnny_zoo @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 14:35)

Umm what are you talking about? Saul confessed to Jesse that Walt was behind the whole thing with Brock. Thats proof enough.

Did we watch different shows? Saul didn't know about the LOTV. So he can't confess anything concerning Brock. That's no proof at all. He didn't even know why Walt wanted him to steal the ricin from Jesse in the first place.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:55 PM Edited by rudy., 26 August 2013 - 04:05 PM.

QUOTE (FenderFlix @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 15:32)
So he can't confess anything concerning Brock. That's no proof at all. He didn't even know why Walt wanted him to steal the ricin from Jesse in the first place.

This. Not sure if I'm wrong but here's what I think. Granted, Jesse finally puts together in a moment of clarity, that the poison cigarette was lifted at Saul's office, but how did he conclude Brock was poisoned by Walt as a result? Ok, maybe it warrants another meeting with Walt, but to go from that cigarette realization to beating up Saul, and then getting ready to torch the White house? Brock was NOT poisoned by ricin, but rather drugged or something. Again, not sure if I'm right or wrong, but the whole Saul, Brock thingy doesn't make sense to me.

Also, to all the fellas up, spoiler tag the sh*t out of your shizzles! mad.gif

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

I'm beginning to think Walt is actually trying to kill Jesse in those future scenes. The fact that he took the revolver from the vending machine is one of the reasons.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (FenderFlix @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 15:32)
QUOTE (johnny_zoo @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 14:35)

Did we watch different shows? Saul didn't know about the LOTV. So he can't confess anything concerning Brock. That's no proof at all. He didn't even know why Walt wanted him to steal the ricin from Jesse in the first place.

I love how this is creating an argument. Only great shows can do this.

But yeah, Saul didn't know about the LOTV. His role was just to get the cigs lifted off Jesse. He had no idea this involved poisoning a child. Meh, here's my post from earlier in case you all missed it.

It's all part of the lie.

In s4, Saul had Huell confiscate Jesse's cigarettes, and switch it with a new pack because at the time Walt needed Jesse to think Gus took it from him, thus having Jesse turn against him. But later Jesse finds out that it wasn't ricin, but Lily of the Valley (a plant that is often accidently ate by children, as he mentioned on the hospital roof at the end of s4). Well, in the 2nd episode of s5, Jesse is worried that the ricin is still out there somewhere, so Walt places the fake ricin in the roomba in order to give him a false sense of peace. Well, after tonight's episode... Jesse realised that Huell confiscated his weed, and looking at his cigs, he puts all the pieces together. Remember when Jesse had a gun to Walt's head saying he knows he had Saul jack the ricin off of him? Well... he was right. And now he knows it. He knows Huell has pulled the same trick on him again.

So you see? It's just all part of Walt's evil manipulation. The lily, the fake ricin, Huell confiscating the weed... Jesse knows all. Man, Saul really f*cked up if you think about it, lol. Should have just let him keep the weed.

@rudy.: The way I see it with spoiler tags man, is that they aren't really necessary. I mean, if you are not caught up when you enter this thread, than that is your own fault. Me personally, I am not going to be using them.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

The whole ricin adventure was always a little fuzzy to me. I guess his intention, originally, was to make Jessie think that Brock accidentally took the ricin? But it was hidden from us, the audience, as well so it kinda smells like a contrivance so we thought Brock took the ricin.

So yeah, flipping out like he did only makes sense in so much as his suspicions were raised and he realized just how much he had been played - remember Walt hid the the cigarette in his bloody roomba, after acting like he was spending the entire day searching it in the house - and Saul all but confirmed it, although there is, still, a leap of logic to be made there.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Walt's intention was to make Jesse think that Gus lifted the ricin and used it to poison Brock, as a sort of warning to him.

Honestly, I don't get what's so hard to believe about the situation. He noticed that Huell had managed to lift the dope, and it suddenly occured to him that Walt may have been lying all along. Since he previously had belief that Gus was responsible (up until the hospital told him it wasn't the ricin at all), and the ricin somehow disappeared until Walt showed up, it can't be hard to make the link that Walt might have used him. Again. Of course, he had no proper evidence of this at all, but I think his anger just got the better of him and he got lucky when it turned out to actually be true.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

Here is the promo for the next episode for those who haven't seen it yet.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The vulgar, Irish, writer!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

There’s this scene, and it highlights why I think at times the show is very clever thematically. In Series Three Episode Five, after Skylar has left Deneke’s, there’s the scene where Skylar lets Walt pick up his daughter. It’s shot with a large divide of the window that signifies the divide between Walt and Skylar, but –with beautiful music- and the emphasis on Walt’s side of the divide, we see Skylar walk past Walt and away. And then the divide is all around Walt from both sides and above. Maybe my analytical side is coming on a bit strong, but I believe it cleverly foreshadows the future series.

Currently on a marathon when I noticed this and I decided I would give an opinion.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:20 PM Edited by InstantCClassic, 26 August 2013 - 05:27 PM.

QUOTE (_____ @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 13:41)
^ But who leaves their baby alone at home? Jesse breaks in, so no one is home.

Walt Jr. which leads to him wanting to know the truth in the next episode. At least that's what I think will happen.

God damn, I loved that music leading up to the beatdown. So intense.

Vormek
  • Vormek

I am not in danger. I AM the danger!

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:29 PM Edited by Vormek, 26 August 2013 - 09:56 PM.

QUOTE (Firefly8000 @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 16:46)
Walt's intention was to make Jesse think that Gus lifted the ricin and used it to poison Brock, as a sort of warning to him.

Not exactly, not as a warning. This is how it played out:

1: Walt and his family is under the threat of being killed by Gus. Not only that but Gus has managed to get Jesse on his side which is something Walt does not care for. Walt devices a plan so he can kill Gus with Jesse's help and approval.
2: Walt has Saul contact Jesse to pay him a visit in his office. When Jesse arrives Huell switches the cigarette packs.
3: Jesse finds out Brock has been poisoned and Andrea describes the symptoms. Jesse walks out of the hospital, picks up his cigarettes and realizes that the cigarette with ricin is gone. Since Walt and Jesse were the only one who knew about it, Jesse immediately goes to Walt to confront him.
4: Walt tells Jesse how he has waited all day long for one of Gus' men to come and kill him. And it was Jesse all along. Walt is trying to convince Jesse that because Gus never had Jesse's approval to kill Walt, Gus must manipulate Jesse into thinking Walt poisoned Brock (which he did) in order to, not only have Jesse's approval to kill Walt, but also be the one who actually kills him. The plan worked. Walt successfully managed to get Jesse into thinking that Gus had poisoned Brock as means of tricking Jesse that it was actually Walt, so Gus could get rid of Walt once and for all.
5: Jesse finds out that Brock wasn't poisoned by the ricin and in episode 5.02 he's concerned about not finding the ricin cigarette. Walter plants the fake ricin cigarette in Jesse's Roomba and that's the end of that storyline... for now. Jesse now believes that Brock had been accidentally poisoned by eating lily of the valley.
6: During the final episodes of season 5a, and the entirety of season 5b Jesse is looking through Walts' manipulations. Jesse knows that Walt killed Mike. What else has he done, Jesse might be wondering? When Jesse realizes that his bag of weed is missing, he instantly knew that it was in fact Huell this time around, since they were in close contact when Jesse exited the door. He thinks back to that other time when Huell patted him down and how he suspected Huell all along for lifting the cigarette pack. Jesse doesn't care if Brock wasn't poisoned by the ricin or that he retrieved the missing (fake) ricin cigarette. He knows with 100% certainty that Huell lifted his bag of weed and so he says to himself that it was probably Huell who lifted the cigarette pack that other day as well even though I found my missing ricin cigarette. WHAT IF there's an elaborate scheme behind the poisoning? If Huell lifted my bag of weed, who's to say he didn't lift my pack of cigarettes like I suspected in the beginning? Maybe Brock didn't eat the lily of the valley by accident.
7: He confronts Saul and gets a confirmation.
8: Perfect way for Jesse to find out what happened to Saul. I could have never guessed in a million years that it was going to play out like that.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Ah yes, that's right Vormek, I thought I was wrong because the idea of it being a warning sounded odd considering Brock would have been dead were that the actual case. smile.gif

LordMarshall
  • LordMarshall

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

About time they freaking expanded Walt Jnrs storyline holy sh*t, five f*cking years and all he does is eat breakfast or walk in and out the house. I just feel HELLA sorry for RJ mitte the actor who portrays him, his character is just so f*cking crappily written for. He even mocks himself on his twitter making jokes about breakfast, that pretty f*cking sad. All the rest of the cast get cool storylines. SAVE walterwhite.com LMFAO

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

BIGGOS_010

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Best Snapmatic [Character] 2013

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

Sooooo, where is the other Br Ba thread???

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Johnny Playert @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 18:25)
Sooooo, where is the other Br Ba thread???

BROTATO!!!

Long time no see! This is the same thread... but resurrected. I requested the title change, and rehauled the OP. This is the place to talk not only about season 5... but everything. The ultimate fan base.

Also... I have become addicted to creating BB comics, folks. Where is the talking pillow?

user posted image

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

I don't care if it's old.
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users