Photo

☆ [Br]eaking [Ba]d ☆

5,297 replies to this topic
theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:47 AM Edited by theomenofficial, 19 August 2013 - 09:53 AM.

This episode was definitely not slow.
Can someone tell me what Skylar said to Walt after he fell down? I couldn't hear because they were speaking so quietly and I feel like I missed a very important part.

Here's next episode's promo:

Nun0567
  • Nun0567

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

That scene with Lydia was really tense and prob my favourite part of this episode.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (cbiscuit93 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 01:38)
I'm very pleased with my crackpot theories.

Because Jesse is in the state of mind he is in, and his current feelings towards Walt, Hank is going to be able to get him to help take down Walt. So Jesse is going to wind up telling Hank that Walt made him kill Gale, and Hank is going to finally show Jesse that Walt has been f*cking his life up for a long time. And Hank is gonna' kinda' feel bad that Walt did that so him and Jesse will bond a bit. Then through some detective work combined with Jesse's accounts, Hank will slowly Help Jesse realize that Walt poisoned Brock, & then they'll somehow find out that Walt was there the night Jane died (Or Walt might actually confess it once Jesse confronts him.)

So then Hank & Jesse will end up dealing with Lydia's whole situation & the remnants of Walter's old business. Which will probably lead to the big event' or events - That drives Walt into hiding. As far as the details go I mean who knows..

It turns out that Hank is the guidance Jesse has been looking for, and when Walt Jr. finds out about his dad, although he's shocked and upset, he seems to find it kind of cool. You see what I'm saying??

But in the end I believe the ricin is for Jesse.
I mean, it seems pretty perfect.
All their history with the ricin' they've never acctually used it on anyone when they intended to. Not Tuco, not the drug dealers, and not Gus. So it seems poetic that Walt would have the balls to use it on Jesse when it suited him.

If he succeeds, I have no clue.

But like I said, I'm pleased with my crackpot theories.

I agree with most of this, but I think Jesse is going to wind up killing Walt.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:00 PM Edited by FiS!!HeR, 19 August 2013 - 12:08 PM.

It seems that Hank will use Jesse to hunt Walt. On another point, can someone explain the whole seen of the cartel shootout? I don't understand why Lydia was there and why Todd and those Nazi-tattooed thugs killed the cartel members.

On a very different point, I want to share with you this funny Breaking Bad remix:

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:18 PM Edited by Firefly8000, 19 August 2013 - 12:21 PM.

QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 12:00)
It seems that Hank will use Jesse to hunt Walt. On another point, can someone explain the whole seen of the cartel shootout? I don't understand why Lydia was there and why Todd and those Nazi-tattooed thugs killed the cartel members.

On a very different point, I want to share with you this funny Breaking Bad remix:

Well, since the purity of the product had gone down due to Declan getting rid of Todd, Lydia had problems since her Czech buyers weren't happy with it. So she's decided to get rid of the cartel using Todd's Nazi uncle so she'll be able to have Todd cooking instead and use these Nazis as her new supplier.

Vormek
  • Vormek

I am not in danger. I AM the danger!

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 09:47)

I agree man! It's like people have really short attention spans these days. I was so focused from beginning to end and everything around me was blacked out. That moment when Walt tried to call Skyler only to realize that Hank was already speaking to her was nervwrecking. There were plenty of great moments in this episode. Walt burying the money, Hank's conversation with Skyler, Marie slapping the f*ck outta Skyler and then tries to take away her baby. And how about that shootout? Not that we saw the actual shootout but sometimes hearing things make things more suspenseful than actually seeing it. It's like in the movie Jaws where we rarely see the shark but just hearing the dramatic music and seeing the outline of the shark in the water makes it scarier.

I never expected Declan to be killed off, at least not this early. It was great seeing Todd again and his nazi uncle. It makes me wonder what Walt will do in order to piss them off because this episode set the premise for who Walts' enemies will be. By the way, no one mentioned anything about Walt's meeting with Saul. Did y'all catch what Walt said to him?

Saul: Well, have you given any thought to, um, sending him on a trip to Belize?
Walt: Belize?
Saul: Yeah. Belize. You know, where uh, where Mike went to. Off on a trip to, uh, Belize.
Walt: Saul, you better not be saying what I think you're saying.
[...]
Walt: I'll send you to Belize.

Holy damn. A small part of Heisenberg revealed himself once again.
Anyway, a great episode once again. I can't really say if it was better than last weeks's episode but I would give these two episodes the same rating. A 9 out of 10 for both of them. I'm still waiting for that perfect 10 episode ^.^

Vormek
  • Vormek

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

And also...

Huell: Mexico. All's I'm saying.
Kuby: Heh. Guy hit ten guys in jail within a two minute window. All's I'm saying.

biggrin.gif :D:D

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

Wow, i'm starting to think that Walt actually bought that M60 to confront nazis, because maybe they will kidnap his family to make Walt cock for them, because if i understood correctly Tod can cock meth with only 74% of purity.

Vormek
  • Vormek

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (ACR @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 15:13)
Wow, i'm starting to think that Walt actually bought that M60 to confront nazis, because maybe they will kidnap his family to make Walt cock for them, because if i understood correctly Tod can cock meth with only 74% of purity.

74% purity is much better than 68% when it comes to methamphetamine. I also believe the nazis will play a major part in season 5b. They might even be the antagonists and enemies to Walter. However, it won't be because of Todd's low purity. I'm thinking Walt will do something which will piss them off but hopefully it won't be a matter of purity, that's a conflict which is way to obvious and the writers are more creative than that.

Punk-in-Drublic
  • Punk-in-Drublic

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

This is f*cking killing me, what am I supposed to do for a whole week!? Great episode though.

I'm starting to hate Hank, I don't know why, I used to like him but he's just getting on my nerves now.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:10 PM Edited by GTA-King, 19 August 2013 - 05:14 PM.

QUOTE (Vormek @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 13:55)
And also...

Kuby: Heh. Guy hit ten guys in jail within a two minute window. All's I'm saying.

Lol, I loved that bit! Let's hope they survive the downfall.

EDIT: Fun/geeky fact: A quick check in Google Maps for 34.59.20 / -106.36.52 (note the negative) shows that it's the GPS coordinates for Albuquerque Studios, one of the show's production facilities.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 12:10)
QUOTE (Vormek @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 13:55)
And also...

Lol, I loved that bit! Let's hope they survive the downfall.

EDIT: Fun/geeky fact: A quick check in Google Maps for 34.59.20 / -106.36.52 (note the negative) shows that it's the GPS coordinates for Albuquerque Studios, one of the show's production facilities.

Damn, was just about to hitch a plane ride to the desert to dig. sad.gif

But that is cool though. Love fun facts.

cbiscuit93
  • cbiscuit93

Pink Bandana

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 09:47)
Can someone tell me what Skylar said to Walt after he fell down? I couldn't hear because they were speaking so quietly and I feel like I missed a very important part.

I couldn't hear what anyone was saying at that part either.
Luckily I watched it twice..

Skyler asks Walt if it's true the cancer is back, - To which he replies "Does that make you happy?" & Skyler says she can't remember the last time she was happy.

So then Walt tells Skyler that he wants to turn himself in, as long as she keeps the money. He wants her to never speak of it and never give it up, and pass it on to their children. He says "Please don't make me have done this for nothing."

But Skyler says he can't give himself up without giving up the money aswell. So she suggests that their best action right now is to stay quiet & stick to the story.

Kinda' felt like Walt on his death bed there.
Hmmm.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

I have noticed that all the promos for the next episodes have just been mainly voice overs showing the character. There is no visible action in the promos, almost like anything could be a give away.

Vormek
  • Vormek

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 19:05)
I have noticed that all the promos for the next episodes have just been mainly voice overs showing the character. There is no visible action in the promos, almost like anything could be a give away.

This is a good thing right? I was disappointed when the showed a dead body in the prison shower of the Gliding Over All promo. Dead giveaway.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

I didnt really like this episode. I'm kind of liking where the story is going compared to what I expected after the previous.

I'm still hoping the show ends with 2 or 3 episodes showing what Walt is doing on his 52rd birthday. I want some crazy Scarface style shoot-outs.

Also why didn't the show us the shootout when Lydia was in that meth lab? I think the show needs to show us more action like that.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

How anyone can be rooting for anyone but Hank (and Jesse) is seriously wrinkling my brain. He's the good guy here. He used to be a cop, on the good side, but a complete asshole about it. In the montage last episode he looks at the photo of him posing with a grin next to Tuco's dead men in the scrapyard, and doesn't even recognise himself. Walt's transformation is obviously the biggest in the show, but Hank's is pretty significant. He's always been on the side of justice, but now it's less black and white. Before I reckon he would've tried to throw the book at Skyler too because anyone who touched the trade was unforgivable to him, but now he gets the nuance of it all. sh*t man, even when Marie's trying to take Holly he steps in with a level head because he realises that that's no the way to do things.

And rooting for Walt? I mean, jesus Marie people. He's a monster. That's the entire point of the show. It's not even the whole "Be careful when you fight with monsters..." stuff, he's so much worse than anyone who he's encountered. He escalates at an exponential pace; Crazy 8 was a difficult choice but it needed to be made; then there's Jane which, although he didn't actively kill her, he allowed her to die and that was pretty messed up, then there's the whole Brock situation. He poisoned a child so he had an excuse to bomb a nursing home! That's like saturday morning cartoon levels of villainy. And now you've got the Walt who clearly didn't give the tiniest of f*cks when Todd shot Drew Sharpe, except for that fact that he'd have to clean it up.

I can understand sympathising with the protagonist but... the dude's a f*cking remorseless psychopath.

Vormek
  • Vormek

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

VERY possible foreshadowing. Don't look at the .gif if you're afraid of being spoiled.

We all expect this to happen, they way things are atm between the two of them, but look at their fingers. Western standoff anyone? http://i.imgur.com/1s9gnYK.gif

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (Wreckless Jake @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 15:58)
This is f*cking killing me, what am I supposed to do for a whole week!? Great episode though.

I'm starting to hate Hank, I don't know why, I used to like him but he's just getting on my nerves now.

I hate him too, I respect his tenacity but I'm really hoping his plan backfires or Walt wiggles a way out of this even though it's really looking like he won't. I just blindly root for Walt though, I love him as evil Heisenberg maintaining an empire and it's making me anxious that Hank is so close to f*cking it all up for him, especially now that his bird wife knows, she'll probably squawk too much about what she knows and end up dead soon.

Rico44
  • Rico44

Custom member title

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

I love all these little touches. Did anyone else notice how Walt asked for keys to the van? I instantly remembered the "Keys, scumbag" line from "Live Free or Die".

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

Can't wait for next week's episode.

user posted image

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

I love the dark macabre nature of this open. It had so many dark emotions in play intrigue, fear, sadness, morbidity, depression, loneliness and humour. It’s all here.

Overall this episode was entertaining it moved the plot forward but it’s ending wasn’t as good as last weeks. I guess you can’t expect a stunner every week. What was most surprising was Lydia’s execution of the drug barons. Question: How did Lydia communicate to Todd’s gang that they could roll in? If say my name dude agreed to use Todd then she wouldn’t have had them executed I assume?

Marie is annoying as ever as she tries to baby nap Holly. What are the writers doing with her? She doesn’t seem to have a purpose other than making bad decisions. She contributes nothing to the plot.

Does anyone think that Walt saying “He’s family Saul!” was for Saul’s benefit or even his own? I mean he just threatened Hank a mere hour ago.
The money is what was buried! Will Walt’s numbers win the lottery? The coordinates of the money location out in the desert that is. I think the numbers will win near the end of the series

Predictions:
Hank will say he knows about Heisenberg and that he has enough evidence to send him down. Considering Jesse’s mind state I can see him talking out of guilt within 10 minutes of Hank interrogating him. As of now the only thing I think Jesse wants is to be free of his guilt and he can do that by turning in Walt. Is his loyalty to him as strong as season 4 when they faced Gus? I doubt it.
I think the numbers will win the lottery but only after the stashed money has been found in the desert thereby winning Walt even more than he had before. He will have won money which is what he wanted but his family will be dead except for Holly who will go into care and Junior who will become a professional breakfast eater in Wisconsin. Skylar will be dead.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:17 PM

I think Lydia highly expected say my name guy to refuse the offer of Todd cooking.

I like Marie. She's a good character but they havn't been able to do anything with her this far into the plot. She's also hot. Maybe Hank uses her to steal something that can be used against Walt? Who knows.

I don't know about the lottery numbers. I never made much of it.

Overall this episode wasn't as good as the previous, but it makes me want the next episode more. I have a feeling Jesse is going to work with Hank out of guilt.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:51 PM

Todd showing up to "save" Lydia was awesome.

Marie trying to steal Skylar's baby was awesome.

Huel and Bill Burr sleeping on Walt's "bed" of cash was awesome.

all-around bad ass episode.
I knew Skylar wouldn't tell Hank sh*t. deep down she has always been loyal. Jesse and Todd are the people who Walt has to worry about more than Hank at this point. Jesse is having a nervous breakdown in a police station and Todd appears to be consolidating the local meth trade using his old crew.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

Burying the money, period - but burying the money all in one place? Just speaks to Walt's hubris. It's one of those manufactured tension setpieces that just drive me up the wall. wink.gif

Looking forward to next week!

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

user posted image

Mockage
  • Mockage

Fljótavík

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:14 AM

I absolutely loved how Walt's lottery ticket was the coordinates to where he buried all of his money at. That was really clever.

But hey, what can I say? Another great episode as usual. I honestly had a genuine feeling that Skyler would actually give in though. I don't know, in that scene in the diner between Hank and Skyler where Skyler had that look on her face? Sure some of you thought she wouldn't spit out but I had a feeling she would.

Also, Marie bitch slapping Skyler? Damn!

Can't wait for the next episode. I wonder what Jesse will say to Hank..

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:27 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 20 August 2013 - 02:30 AM.

QUOTE (Mockage @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 22:14)
I wonder what Jesse will say to Hank..

I think I know..

Also If I were Walt I think I would have had the money coordinates on something else than a piece of
paper haha.

NAME CHANGE LOL
  • NAME CHANGE LOL

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:46 AM

Finally got all caught up on my Breaking Bad. The series is getting stronger and stronger as it draws closer to it's finale. I really love a good bad guy, and Walter White is as bad as they get. Obviously the way the show is heading doesn't make it seem as if he's gonna come out ahead here, but a little part of me has to root for this complete monster to win in the end. Ordering the prison murders was probably my favorite thing Walt has in the whole series, and the reputation it gave him just fits perfectly with the Heisenberg persona he's created for himself.

But in the end, I really pity Jesse and want him to come out OK in the end more than Walt.

J-B
  • J-B

Two Faced

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:32 AM

Yet another great episode.

I know everyone's been saying that Walt's coat in the flash forwards looks like the one Jesse used to ware, but after seeing Buried I think it looks an awful like Todd's. Which makes me happy as I really want to site him eat a bullet.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users