• This topic is locked This topic is locked
390 replies to this topic
Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Friday, Jan 20 2012, 17:29)
To an extent , the rule would only benefit the gangs who have existed and been part of this forum for a long time (Like the AoD).

That's not true. Take the Westies for example, they're barely one month old and if the requirement is 20 posts, they already have 5 members who are eligible to play.

Secondly internet forums are not something every person enjoys being a part of, (The Damned MC and other new ps3 gangs have members yet to officially sign up to the forum, but have been playing together for significant period of time).

That's understandable, but the rule is merely determining if they're eligible to play in this one event, which happens to be the (un)official GTAForums Gang League. It wouldn't make much sense for players who are not active on the forums to participate in this event, plus we want to encourage more forum activity. It's the same reason why the staff makes such a big deal out of external gangs.

Thirdly, if the rule was strictly applied. There would be nothing stopping players from then registering, then posting a load of spam ( to reach the required post count ) and then never returning anyway!

Spam is against the forum rules. Besides, I'd rather they post a load of spam than nothing at all. If they get a taste of the place, maybe they'll stick around.

My suggestion , would be that before any gangs apply or take part in this event, they must firstly submit a list of players that will be taking part for their gang.

If during the event, a new player is then recruited, they must then update that list within a certain period of time before their next game i.e. 7 - 14 days.

I'm not exactly clear on what this would accomplish. If there are no requirements to be met, what's the point in making a list? If they wanted to bring in a one-time enforcement for a specific match, surely they can plan ahead and post the list in advance?

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

That's not true. Take the Westies for example, they're barely one month old and if the requirement is 20 posts, they already have 5 members who are eligible to play.

Ok good point. They also have plenty of members not having the "20 post requirement", are you then sticking with the rule that these particular members are therefore not allowed to take part? I'm for this rule to be introduced, but it's clear there should be some understanding for newer gangs, like the Westies....

the rule is merely determining if they're eligible to play in this one event, which happens to be the (un)official GTAForums Gang League. It wouldn't make much sense for players who are not active on the forums to participate in this event

Fair point, but lets make a scenario up, its The AoD vs The Lost MC, a game gets scheduled (4 vs 4 say), but members of the Lost MC that are eligible (20+ posts) can't make it, but meanwhile players not eligible (less than 20 posts) can make it and want to take part, does this then mean the game should then be cancelled and rescheduled (we are all aware of the problems this caused last year), or does the game get played anyway, and the Lost MC loses because they broke this rule you want to have enforced. By having this whole " you're not part of the forum community, therefore can't take part" attitude seems like a negative approach in my opinion.

Spam is against the forum rules. Besides, I'd rather they post a load of spam than nothing at all. If they get a taste of the place, maybe they'll stick around.

I'd rather it the other way round smile.gif , post nothing , if you got nothing worthwhile to post.

I'm not exactly clear on what this would accomplish. If there are no requirements to be met, what's the point in making a list? If they wanted to bring in a one-time enforcement for a specific match, surely they can plan ahead and post the list in advance?

A list submitted from every gang that contained every player they might call on, would help monitor this whole event. Say if a gang , did decide to plan a head and include a one time enforcement for a specific match, you could then immediately from the start say that particular player can not take part, because A. They're unregistered or B. They have less than the required post count. Take football for example, teams competing have to register a set number of players they wish to take part before the tournament begins.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:28 PM Edited by Booze T, 23 January 2012 - 02:56 PM.

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Saturday, Jan 21 2012, 18:03)
QUOTE (Booze)

Ok good point. They also have plenty of members not having the "20 post requirement", are you then sticking with the rule that these particular members are therefore not allowed to take part?

Yes. The alternative would be introducing another rule, stating that "members have to have at least 20 posts in their gang's topic, unless there are at least X members that meet this requirement, then the rest of the gang doesn't need to meet this requirement anymore". Not only do I think this would be pointless and overly complicated, it would also mean that gangs with enough active members on the forum can freely call for backup. They could even ask an entire external gang to fight their battles for them...

QUOTE (Booze)
the rule is merely determining if they're eligible to play in this one event, which happens to be the (un)official GTAForums Gang League. It wouldn't make much sense for players who are not active on the forums to participate in this event

Fair point, but lets make a scenario up, its The AoD vs The Lost MC, a game gets scheduled (4 vs 4 say), but members of the Lost MC that are eligible (20+ posts) can't make it, but meanwhile players not eligible (less than 20 posts) can make it and want to take part, does this then mean the game should then be canceled and rescheduled (we are all aware of the problems this caused last year), or does the game get played anyway, and the Lost MC loses because they broke this rule you want to have enforced.

If a 4 vs 4 game was scheduled, that means that 4 eligible Lost members declared that they're free to play on that date and time. Even if two of them were to have a real life emergency, the match can still go on (2 vs 2). If more than 2 of them had a real life emergency (or just didn't bother to show up), then no, the match cannot go on (the Lost lose by forfeit). If it does, the Lost would indeed lose because they broke the rule. By allowing ineligible players to play in this situation, you're creating a loophole for gangs to abuse.

By having this whole " you're not part of the forum community, therefore can't take part" attitude seems like a negative approach in my opinion.

It's not about shunning people. It's about encouraging more engagement and making sure that the gangs that are playing are actually GTAForums gangs.

QUOTE (Booze)

I'd rather it the other way round smile.gif , post nothing , if you got nothing worthwhile to post.

We're using GTAForums' resources, the least we can do is encourage non-gtaforumers to become part of the community. Agree to disagree?

QUOTE (Booze)

A list submitted from every gang that contained every player they might call on, would help monitor this whole event. Say if a gang , did decide to plan a head and include a one time enforcement for a specific match, you could then immediately from the start say that particular player can not take part, because A. They're unregistered or B. They have less than the required post count. Take football for example, teams competing have to register a set number of players they wish to take part before the tournament begins.

I think I misunderstood. I thought that your suggestion was a replacement for mine, not an addition. In that case, then yeah, a list/roster would be a good idea.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

Well, I cleary understand your point of view, and agree with it.

I'm hoping however that Andy doesn't decide to make this a strict to follow rule though, because I can see there being a lot of 2 vs 2 games, if the smaller gangs are forced to drop non-GTAforum members from their games against larger GTAforum gangs... It's not that I think smaller gangs will be disadvantaged too much, it's just that I'd much prefer games to be 6 vs 6 or 4 vs 4 than simply 2 vs 2 insakes of this ruling your insisting on.

I'm also hoping games are able to go ahead without all the scheduling problems that have troubled the event in the past.

Surprised it seems like just me and you booze are discussing this here? what do the others have to say ? lol !

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

We're the only ones that care tounge.gif

I agree that bigger numbers would be preferable. Maybe we can soften the rule up a little bit? For example, "At least half of the playing team should be GTAF regulars, therefore should have at least 20 posts in their gang's topic"? Or would that make things too complicated?

My other suggestions are aimed at trying to fix the scheduling problems (and gangs trying to avoid matches instead of playing them).

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

trying to fix the scheduling problems (and gangs trying to avoid matches instead of playing them).

Definitely something that needs fixing from last years event. Nitty don suggested a pre-fixed calendar / schedule, I liked that idea.

I think we're both on 'the same page', we simply both want a fun, but more importantly all together fair event.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Monday, Jan 23 2012, 18:32)
Definitely something that needs fixing from last years event.

Check out my suggestions on page 1 and my discussion about it with Andy on page 3. I think it's worth trying, at least it's better than anything we had the last 3 years...

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:33 PM Edited by AndyGanteks, 23 January 2012 - 09:40 PM.

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Monday, Jan 23 2012, 18:32)
Nitty don suggested a pre-fixed calendar / schedule, I liked that idea.

That's how it's going to be. I said it a few posts ago in the topic, pay attention. tounge.gif

Some good suggestions there about the external members aj & Booze. I think i'll find some balance between what you two said, since you both make valid points. The other rules Booze suggested about matches few posts ago are good to be added as well. icon14.gif

Before i add all that to the 1st post, make the calendar schedule, split the rules as Booze requested, and post the match list, i need to know the final roster of gangs for the XBOX side.
On the PS3, we have all 6 and on the PC we have all 2, so i'm just waiting to hear from Mayans, Mancinis, Ex-M, Westies, and a few more, will they participate or not, so i know the final number on xbox, before i add all that to the 1st post so that it can be posted.

I'll contact them over the next 2-3 days, and see what they've decided.

Matches will start 1st February whatever goes though. smile.gif

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

I don't mean to be a downer, but technically, the AoD haven't signed up yet. Like I stated in December, we'll only participate if we approve the new rules and structure.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Booze T @ Tuesday, Jan 24 2012, 20:27)
I don't mean to be a downer, but technically, the AoD haven't signed up yet. Like I stated in December, we'll only participate if we approve the new rules and structure.

Booooooooooo icon13.gif

------

Look forward to the schedule being sorted. Once it's up I'm I'll have a better understanding on what the precise plan is.

icon14.gif Good to see you being open to change, I think it would be worth sharing the event with another member on the Xbox side of things though.

Fingers crossed this GL will be a great event in the last year of IV smile.gif

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

It's Yourz

• Members
  • British-Antarctic-Territory
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (Booze T @ Tuesday, Jan 24 2012, 20:27)

I understand that the AoD are not happy about the rules and structure of the Gang League but it can't be all up to you guys. Yes Andy does welcome suggestions but I found it pretty bad how one of the most active and respected gangs on the forum are not taking part because of some rules. At the end of the day it's only for fun and everyone will have some rule that they are not happy about but I say just get on with it.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

There wasn't just "some rule" that we "weren't happy" with these past few years, the Gang League as it was just didn't work. Just ask D12. I don't mean to be this harsh and I'm not really blaming Andy, it's just that I think he's been doing too much on the forum and quality has suffered because of it. We're by no means giving up on the League and I hope that would be evident by the amount of suggestions I've been posting (suggestions that help make this event more enjoyable for all, not just us).

Yes, we too play this for fun, but the past few years haven't exactly been fun for us and if we expect the same things to happen again this year, then we're just gonna pass.

xHIGHWAY_REAPERx
  • xHIGHWAY_REAPERx

Mr. Reaper.

• Members

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:10 AM

Okay,

I haven't be able to keep up with the back and forth of the arguing regarding this rule and that rule.

Basically,

What I want to know is,

- Can my crew take part?
- What do we require?
- What do the members require?
- Anything else required?

Commissioner Monk
  • Commissioner Monk

Spelt it wrang....N wit!!!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:51 AM Edited by Madmonk420, 26 January 2012 - 10:58 AM.

I would like to see a roster put forward for each gang at the start so that gangs cant just draft in random friends to help with gl matches. I think any change to the rosters throughout the season would have to be summited on the forums before the next game would take place. I think everyone would feel more comfortable with the competition in general if there is more transparancy regarding which gang is playing against which gang,when they are playing,what game type will be used and which members they will be playing with. Like handing in the team sheet 2 days before matchday. There will be times when the team sheet will change due to life commitments things coming up ect but at least we will have a degree of control over it.

Im in favour of a change to the minimum amount of players.2v2 is a little ordinary and cant really be called a "gang" match. Theres gangs that have new members who are excited about taking part then find themself left out because other gangs cant come up with enough players.It not really fair and ends up runining the enjoyment of the GL. If gangs are signing up then they are signing up for the whole season and not dropping out when results dont go in thier favor.We need maturity and commitment about this..If your in your in for the duration. If you cant handle that dont sign up.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:50 AM

D12 is not going to defend the title.
It's been voted privately and that's the gang's choice.
It's official.

No particular reasons for not participating.
The event is certainly improving and kudos to Andy for that, but we haven't enough members willing to play it.
We're open for friendly matches with other PS3 gangs though.
Also, I won't organize any Gang Championship.
My RL doesn't allow me time to do it.
I wanted to but it's just not possible for me to commit to the hard job of organizing such thing.

Good luck to all participants.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (docrikowski @ Friday, Jan 27 2012, 11:50)
D12 is not going to defend the title.
It's been voted privately and that's the gang's choice.
It's official.

No particular reasons for not participating.
The event is certainly improving and kudos to Andy for that, but we haven't enough members willing to play it.
We're open for friendly matches with other PS3 gangs though.
Also, I won't organize any Gang Championship.
My RL doesn't allow me time to do it.
I wanted to but it's just not possible for me to commit to the hard job of organizing such thing.

Good luck to all participants.

bored.gif confused.gif sad.gif

This is bad news.

No particular reasons? Just the biggest gang on here.....

we haven't enough members willing to play it.

wow.gif mercie_blink.gif God Damn it, just before things were likely to start, this comes up.

Also, I won't organize any Gang Championship

Its understandable, still I'm disappointed. Oh well I guess.

-----

Andy remain upbeat, the GL can still go on without D12.

The Damned, The Yardies, The Highway Reapers and possibly The Cappadona Mafia crew could have some fantastic games together.

Look forward to this starting smile.gif

If I find time I'll make a Gang vs Gang vs Gang event (rather than two teams competing) Any GTAF gangs that refuse to join, this event when invited. Will have a special mention in some special GFX . wink.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:02 PM Edited by AndyGanteks, 27 January 2012 - 02:05 PM.

I'll be posting the match schedule and all that stuff we agreed to add over the weekend.
5 PS3 gangs 4 xbox gangs and 2 pc gangs right now. If 1 more gang would join on xbox, it would be perfect. The rest is good.
Westies informed me they will join a bit later, until they've sorted their roster. Mayans said they can't commit and be active enough to take part, so thats a no. If they change their mind, they can join, just like anyone else who isn't taking part. More on that later. Awaiting to hear from a few more xbox gangs, Ex-M, Mancinis, Clementes, and then i'll know the final xbox roster and post everything else.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Friday, Jan 27 2012, 13:56)

Exactly. There are no reasons. People are not interested in the event. End of the story and end of the speculation.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:15 PM Edited by ajbns87, 27 January 2012 - 04:10 PM.

QUOTE (docrikowski @ Friday, Jan 27 2012, 14:51)
QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Friday, Jan 27 2012, 13:56)

Exactly. There are no reasons. People are not interested in the event. End of the story and end of the speculation.

Is it it simply this event or GTA as a whole?

It was very fun playing TW last night, games so full of D12, randomers and in one case a friend of mine, had to be kicked out to squeeze more D12 in it. So I'm guessing its not GTA as a whole, because plenty were on it last night.

Judging from that, it is the event itself? , so I ask why are people not interested?
Secondly what could be done to make people more interested?

I see no harm in asking these questions here, myself, Booze and other members have been actively discussing issues we're unhappy with or think could be improved, and the overworked AndyG has been mature and open to change for a change !
I'm surprised, you leave it til this late to say you are no longer taking part, and never once posting some suggestions or anything beforehand.

I questioned the BCF for not wanting to take part, so I'm doing the same here.

I'm not raising this because of my differences with some D12 members, this is because I hoped and wanted this GL event to be special.

EDIT

Thanks for explaining your choice Doc.

I think you are right about league arrangements having to made in stone.
I've tried to take this on board with my GTA-f events too.
I was under the impression that it would be heading that way here, I'm sure you've read through this topic, or maybe I am missing something.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

I explained it in D12 topic.
I don't want to occupy Andy's topic with explanations.
Once again, lack of interest is the main reason.
The whole scheduling thing is another reason.
Add to that the lack of participants or the lack of players in most gangs.
A calendar with days and times more or less set in stone is what a League means in RL and for me on GTAF.
It's not doable in here and the GL is not heading that direction. Not interested.
I didn't post any suggestion cause we were still in the process of making a decision.
It's no big deal.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:26 PM Edited by AndyGanteks, 27 January 2012 - 04:35 PM.

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Friday, Jan 27 2012, 16:15)
or maybe I am missing something.

QUOTE (docrikowski)
the GL is not heading that direction

It is, and you are. There will be a set calendar, how many times do i have to repeat that...for the people to notice?

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

I know right, I even said a few posts ago about NittyDon's idea, and you told me to keep up...lol

Oh well I'm done debating and discussing the issue with Doc and D12 in their gang topic, they're not interested at the moment and despite asking what could be done to get them interested, I don't think they will bother to contribute to this.

Perhaps there is the smallest hope, that if they see the GL working, they could change their mind and rejoin.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Thursday, Jan 19 2012, 18:04)
Yeah, that is long enough and a good suggestion, but how much time there will be for each match, and how much matches there will be will depend on how much gangs sign up for GL 2012.
I'm thinking a month will be enough for a match, as i'm expecting 5-6 PS3 gangs, 7-10 xbox gangs and 2 pc gangs.
With that(and with xbox gangs having issues with the DLC)...

Not sure if this is the post you mean Andy, anyway by calendar I mean no scheduling needed. Either you play the day the event organizer set or you don't.

Anyway main reason is lack of interest. I asked the members if there was anyone willing to take care of organizing the matches and nobody was up for it, not even the few ones that were in favor of participating.

Good luck.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

GL 2012 / GC 2012 Update

Here it finally is. The almost final version of this. I've added the schedule, the calendar, split the match rules, pretty much everything talked and suggested over the last 2 pages.

So, please take a look at the 1st post. I may have missed to add a rule maybe, mistakes happen. If of course you have more suggestions to fix something, maybe add a new rule, improve a rule, or maybe if i forgot to add something we've talked about, do tell it, but i think this i didn't miss anything. smile.gif

With that being said, and the calendar saying the matches start on 3rd, i guess we're almost set. 20 fixtures is the maximum amount we can achieve, and we did that in the PS3 side. If the xbox had 2 more gangs, it would be perfect there as well. Of course, i've made some space in the calendar for additional fixtures if new gangs join the league, and i've made some brakes during summer and Easter holidays as well.
So, we'll finalize the rules now, and get this going by Friday the latest.

Also @doc - It's impossible to make such a calendar, in a 12 month event. Well not impossible, but not fair for any gang, to be precise. This is the internet and, GTAF, at first.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Good stuff Andy.

Hopefully the Cappadonna and Highway Reapers are able to take an active part in this.

I don't see SRS - being active though, their topic is dead. I think they only played last year as a favour to doc. confused.gif

xHIGHWAY_REAPERx
  • xHIGHWAY_REAPERx

Mr. Reaper.

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

We should be active throughout the event!

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

I took the liberty of organizing the rules the way I meant, to make it easier for me to give feedback:

Gang League Structure
Admission
Rosters
Organizing Matches
Match Rules
Awards

Gang League Structure

- GL 2012 ends on 27.12.2012 and then the winner is announced, and all the awards are given.

- Victory in a match earns 2 points, a draw gives 1 point to both gangs, and a defeat gives 0 points. You must play 2 rounds, otherwise, the match won't count.

- If all of the matches of a certain fixture are completed before the deadline, next fixture will automatically start, giving the gangs more time to arrange those matches.

- If the gangs have the same number of points in the end of GL, final position is decided by a) matches with that gang b) less defeats c) more wins and/or draws.

- Gangs that close down during 2012 will keep their w-d-l ratio, but all their results with other gangs are erased, and they will be put to the last places of the league with 0 points, same as with the 2011 GL.

Admission

- If a gang closes, and then reopens under a new name and enters GL back, results from the old gang name and theme cannot be retained.

- Up to 3 more gangs can join each of the 3 leagues that count. Gangs can join in March 2012, June 2012 and September 2012. Final date for applications of new gangs is September 2012. Gangs that come to GTAF after that date will have to wait for 2013 GL. If 3 gangs join one of the leagues before the last period, then no more gangs will be able to join that league, and those gangs will too have to wait for GL 2013.

- If a gang dies in one of the leagues, and 3 new gangs have joined the league already before the last entrance period for new gangs, another new gang could join that league.

Rosters

- Banned members can't take part in matches. If one was found playing, the result of that match will be changed to 0:2 for the opposing team no matter what the original result was. Same goes to members who don't have GTAF accounts, or are on the gang roster, but without a GTAF account.

- Before each fixture, gangs will have to notify the event host of any potential roster changes. If a gang brings a new player who joined (eg. 2 days before the match) the player will be ineligible to play for them.

- Allies are not allowed to help gangs in matches, because it could result in sabotage. You must play only with your own gang members.

Organizing Matches

- League Matches can be organized via the GL topic, the PM system, or via chat in the gangs' threads. However, for a match to be counted as a GL match, you must post in the GL topic exactly when the match is happening, and that you want to organize the match, as well as post screens-shots only, of the results.

- If one gang clearly wants to play, and the other doesn't reply at all, the gang wanting to play will get a 2:0 win.

- If both gangs do not show interest in doing their match, and it ends up incomplete in it's scheduled time, gangs will get a 0:0 draw out of it, and 0 points each for it, and will also be unable to organize the match at a later date. If more of such situations occur, that gang will be subject to possible disqualification.

- If the gangs have agreed on a date and time, 24 hours before the match is to happen, during the given dates for that fixture to be played, and one of them doesn't show up, or doesn't have at least 2 players, the win goes to the other gang that had enough.

Match Rules

- Any form of cheating is not allowed. Whether it is the abuse of the rules, usage of turbo controllers, freezing games, speed hacks and any other mods that exist. If any of such occurs, the other gang will get an auto 0:2 win no matter what the original result was.

- Buzzards, and Annihilator with explosive rounds are not allowed in EFLC matches. Any abuse of them will be punished by invalidating the results, and a win will be given to the abused gang.

- Annihilator in IV is allowed. However, each gang must have no more then 1 pilot in air. And also, both gangs should agree before the match whether they will both use 1 pilot, or will their round be a ground fight only.

Every match should be played with max 8 players on each side, and a minimum of 2 players on each side to start it. The more players, the more intense it can get though.

- Match can be ended with a player less if near the end(second half of the round the earliest), a player walks away, or loses internet connection. Matches 8 on 7, 7 on 6, 6 on 5, 5 on 4, 4 on 3 and 3 on 2 can be played if the team with the lower number of players agrees to continue. It would be preferred to play with the same number of players on both sides though. 2 vs 1 is not allowed.

Awards

- Based on the results during the year, the awards are handed to the best in each mode, and overall, so it is very important to provide screen-shots of the matches.

---------------------------------------------------

Now onto the feedback:

I think you could document the structure a bit better. I assume there's a Home and an Away round for each match? It doesn't say so anywhere in the first post (except in the "settings"). What about the game modes? Are they all to be played, or can the gangs choose?

We would've liked to see the scores of home and away rounds added up. This to prevent draws (only losers like draws).

I would've liked to see my suggestion for organizing matches implemented. Instead, you simplified it to "If one gang clearly wants to play, and the other doesn't reply at all, the gang wanting to play will get a 2:0 win" and "If both gangs do not show interest in doing their match, and it ends up incomplete in it's scheduled time, gangs will get a 0:0 draw out of it, and 0 points each for it".
I don't mind if you don't use the suggested system, but the way you've formulated it now, it's open to interpretation. According to your rule, only if a gang doesn't take action at all will they be penalized for avoiding a match. What if both gangs try to arrange a match, but can't reach a date? Or if one of them is really slow with their replies, wasting a lot of time, or suggests only dates of which they know are inconvenient for the other gang? There are more scenarios like these that aren't covered.

I would sugggest moving the awards-section to the bottom of the topic. There's no reason why you should read that before anything else, it's the least important aspect of it all (in my opinion).

You could tidy up the Cup post a bit. Same as with the GL post, move down the Awards to the bottom. For the rules, state that they are the same as with the Gang League rules and list only the exceptions.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

Excellent post Booze icon14.gif

Andy, I'd definitely take on board booze's suggestion, especially in regards clearly to outlining the rules (regarding organising matches) and overall structure in general.

Only one small detail, I wasn't sure of was the

We would've liked to see the scores of home and away rounds added up. This to prevent draws

Different modes, different scoring systems would really make this difficult unless of course the same game mode was used in both games, how about a deciding third game?

I'd also prefer, if the minimum was 3 vs 3, and not 2 vs 2, but thats just me, 2's a partnership / tag team, 3's a gang, and this is the "Gang league"!!

Good to hear the Highway Reapers are down for this, The Cappadona guys better had be too !

Commissioner Monk
  • Commissioner Monk

Spelt it wrang....N wit!!!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Thursday, Feb 2 2012, 22:42)
Excellent post Booze icon14.gif

Andy, I'd definitely take on board booze's suggestion, especially in regards clearly to outlining the rules (regarding organising matches) and overall structure in general.

Only one small detail, I wasn't sure of was the

We would've liked to see the scores of home and away rounds added up. This to prevent draws

Different modes, different scoring systems would really make this difficult unless of course the same game mode was used in both games, how about a deciding third game?

I'd also prefer, if the minimum was 3 vs 3, and not 2 vs 2, but thats just me, 2's a partnership / tag team, 3's a gang, and this is the "Gang league"!!

Good to hear the Highway Reapers are down for this, The Cappadona guys better had be too !

Id have to back up Aj on this 2v2 is not a gang match that is a desperation match when gangs cant scrape up enough players. Sure I understand why its there but id have to agree about increasing it to 3v3 or even better 4v4.

Kooly_Kid
  • Kooly_Kid

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

I would join but i only have 2 people in my gang.If any one can sponser for me that will be great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users