I took the liberty of organizing the rules the way I meant, to make it easier for me to give feedback:Gang League StructureAdmissionRostersOrganizing MatchesMatch RulesAwardsGang League Structure
- GL 2012 ends on 27.12.2012 and then the winner is announced, and all the awards are given.
- Victory in a match earns 2 points, a draw gives 1 point to both gangs, and a defeat gives 0 points. You must play 2 rounds, otherwise, the match won't count.
- If all of the matches of a certain fixture are completed before the deadline, next fixture will automatically start, giving the gangs more time to arrange those matches.
- If the gangs have the same number of points in the end of GL, final position is decided by a) matches with that gang b) less defeats c) more wins and/or draws.
- Gangs that close down during 2012 will keep their w-d-l ratio, but all their results with other gangs are erased, and they will be put to the last places of the league with 0 points, same as with the 2011 GL.Admission
- If a gang closes, and then reopens under a new name and enters GL back, results from the old gang name and theme cannot be retained.
- Up to 3 more gangs can join each of the 3 leagues that count. Gangs can join in March 2012, June 2012 and September 2012. Final date for applications of new gangs is September 2012. Gangs that come to GTAF after that date will have to wait for 2013 GL. If 3 gangs join one of the leagues before the last period, then no more gangs will be able to join that league, and those gangs will too have to wait for GL 2013.
- If a gang dies in one of the leagues, and 3 new gangs have joined the league already before the last entrance period for new gangs, another new gang could join that league.Rosters
- Banned members can't take part in matches. If one was found playing, the result of that match will be changed to 0:2 for the opposing team no matter what the original result was. Same goes to members who don't have GTAF accounts, or are on the gang roster, but without a GTAF account.
- Before each fixture, gangs will have to notify the event host of any potential roster changes. If a gang brings a new player who joined (eg. 2 days before the match) the player will be ineligible to play for them.
- Allies are not allowed to help gangs in matches, because it could result in sabotage. You must play only with your own gang members.Organizing Matches
- League Matches can be organized via the GL topic, the PM system, or via chat in the gangs' threads. However, for a match to be counted as a GL match, you must post in the GL topic exactly when the match is happening, and that you want to organize the match, as well as post screens-shots only, of the results.
- If one gang clearly wants to play, and the other doesn't reply at all, the gang wanting to play will get a 2:0 win.
- If both gangs do not show interest in doing their match, and it ends up incomplete in it's scheduled time, gangs will get a 0:0 draw out of it, and 0 points each for it, and will also be unable to organize the match at a later date. If more of such situations occur, that gang will be subject to possible disqualification.
- If the gangs have agreed on a date and time, 24 hours before the match is to happen, during the given dates for that fixture to be played, and one of them doesn't show up, or doesn't have at least 2 players, the win goes to the other gang that had enough.Match Rules
- Any form of cheating is not allowed. Whether it is the abuse of the rules, usage of turbo controllers, freezing games, speed hacks and any other mods that exist. If any of such occurs, the other gang will get an auto 0:2 win no matter what the original result was.
- Buzzards, and Annihilator with explosive rounds are not allowed in EFLC matches. Any abuse of them will be punished by invalidating the results, and a win will be given to the abused gang.
- Annihilator in IV is allowed. However, each gang must have no more then 1 pilot in air. And also, both gangs should agree before the match whether they will both use 1 pilot, or will their round be a ground fight only.
Every match should be played with max 8 players on each side, and a minimum of 2 players on each side to start it. The more players, the more intense it can get though.
- Match can be ended with a player less if near the end(second half of the round the earliest), a player walks away, or loses internet connection. Matches 8 on 7, 7 on 6, 6 on 5, 5 on 4, 4 on 3 and 3 on 2 can be played if the team with the lower number of players agrees to continue. It would be preferred to play with the same number of players on both sides though. 2 vs 1 is not allowed.Awards
- Based on the results during the year, the awards are handed to the best in each mode, and overall, so it is very important to provide screen-shots of the matches.
Now onto the feedback:
I think you could document the structure a bit better. I assume there's a Home and an Away round for each match? It doesn't say so anywhere in the first post (except in the "settings"). What about the game modes? Are they all to be played, or can the gangs choose?
We would've liked to see the scores of home and away rounds added up. This to prevent draws (only losers like draws).
I would've liked to see my suggestion for organizing matches implemented. Instead, you simplified it to "If one gang clearly wants to play, and the other doesn't reply at all, the gang wanting to play will get a 2:0 win" and "If both gangs do not show interest in doing their match, and it ends up incomplete in it's scheduled time, gangs will get a 0:0 draw out of it, and 0 points each for it".
I don't mind if you don't use the suggested system, but the way you've formulated it now, it's open to interpretation. According to your rule, only if a gang doesn't take action at all
will they be penalized for avoiding a match. What if both gangs try to arrange a match, but can't reach a date? Or if one of them is really slow with their replies, wasting a lot of time, or suggests only dates of which they know are inconvenient for the other gang? There are more scenarios like these that aren't covered.
I would sugggest moving the awards-section to the bottom of the topic. There's no reason why you should read that before anything else, it's the least important aspect of it all (in my opinion).
You could tidy up the Cup post a bit. Same as with the GL post, move down the Awards to the bottom. For the rules, state that they are the same as with the Gang League rules and list only the exceptions.