• This topic is locked This topic is locked
390 replies to this topic
Jedi.
  • Jedi.

Now, shall we begin?

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (Gazziboy @ Thursday, Jan 5 2012, 22:58)
Tell me Jedi, where would one would find this racing league you speak of?

Since you asked. LC Rush, Racing League 2011 ||| LaD:MP PS3, Racing League 2011 ||| IV:MP PS3

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:47 AM

Okay guys, i've updated the GL 2012 (1st post) with almost all of the suggestions you lot said, so hear out what's done, and what still needs ironing. I've replied to everyone below. Keep the suggestions and feedback coming. icon14.gif I'm doing this for the better of the gang section!

> Madmonk420 & ajbns87 suggested i change some settings and allow for longer matches for Team Mafiya Work & similar modes. He's an experienced guy in there, and i guess it should be raised, so i've added extensions to the rules in terms of 10-15-20 min matches, aligned with 2500, 5000 and 7500 $. So now, there is more freedom for organization.

> Now, as many stated, and as i was worried too, the idea of having a similar system for the league, like in the cup won't work, there just won't be time to complete so much matches, whether it is 36 with 4 gangs, or even more. So scratch that, we won't be playing the matches in such a format. (some of the awards will still stay though).

Instead, i believe a better format for the Gang League would be to stick to the 2011 format, but double and/or triple(MAYBE) the matches in the leagues where necessary. That way, we would be able to complete all the matches (planned by calendar) and would have an average of a total of 20ish matches, like Nitty Don suggested we do.
The only thing that i want to impose is that of 2 home and 2 away matches, 1 home match(consisting of 2 rounds) is played on IV, and the other home match on EFLC(LaD or BoGT), or if matches are tripled in leagues with a very low number of active gangs, then of 3 home + 3 away matches, one home match would be on IV, one on LaD, one on BoGT. I'll explain more why i want this further along.

> Diggdydog, i've removed the AoD PC section as requested, you don't have to be so CAPS LOCK PANIC, i didn't miss your original post. tounge.gif

> Now Gazziboy, i understand that you have a huuge need for racing. tounge.gif But my opinion, and Booze T and Jedi, as well as ZDAN said it, it should not be included into the GL. Races or GTA Races are not a team mode, where team GTA modes by default algorithms divides you into 2 teams. Sure, i could use the same settings for gang races like in LB, or think of some more, but why complicate things? There will be Racing Leagues by me in March, and hopefully a Race LB V2 in future too, and i'll consider adding gang vs gang races maybe or something along the lines of it to that event, but for the GL, i just think it's a bad idea, and could cause a lot of confusion. Lets just keep the races for racing events. In all team modes like TDM, Mafiya, TW, you make use of GTA - cars, weapons, cover & more. In Races, you're restricted to just a racing car.

> Tommy & Mati, i look forward to seeing Firm's app (as well as the Mayans, Mancinis, Highway Reapers, Westies, whoever is active). icon14.gif Like i said, you don't need to provide a 64x64 logo if you don't have one, just link me to whatever gfx you have.

> MrWhite0161, you shouldn't judge something until you've seen it's final product. Like i said this is still WIP, so the original idea of 9 matches was scrapped, which you can see above. Plus, everything doc said in the GL 2011 topic was what i had planned for the new year(''surprises'', remember?), and already is in GL 2012 event, so i feel like some bits of your reply are a bit too harsh and rude for the hard work i've put into making GL 2012 right.

Now onto Booze T and his suggestions. Lot of them, so one by one, here we go:

What about players that are not on the roster? Or are on the roster but don't have a GTAF account? Or do have a GTAF account but barely posted more than their application?
My suggestion: gang members are only eligible to play if they are on the roster and have at least 40 posts in their gang's topic.

> Sounds like a good suggestion, though this pretty much was an unwritten rule in the past. I never allow external gangs or members who aren't on roster, or inactive gangs to take part, so yeah. I kinda do understand your concern though, so i've ''officialized'' this rule a bit more, and added it.

Only if the whole gang closes down, their results are removed from the league. If one of the sides of the gang closes down at some point, points won't be removed from that gang.

> About this rule, i understand your concern Booze, and it is removed. I wanted to add it, to make sure multi-platform gangs don't pull off some dirty moves to avoid ''shame''.
For an example, a gang with 2 sides loses all matches on 1 side, but wins all on the other side. Then in November they close the side where they lost all the matches, thus all the matches get removed. I believe such thing would be an unfair waste of time for the other gangs on that side, and even though it never happened so far, i wanted to make sure it never does. I hope you see where i was coming from there. But seeing that Yardies are the only multi-platform gang remaining now, i guess there is no point to this rule anymore, so yeah - removed.

Jedi's suggestion: stick to IV (we're also not in favor of incorporating races, some of the modes require enough driving as it is.).
Sweaty's suggestion: stick to TDM (on IV). Have a Home and an Away round, but add up the scores to determine the winner (this also means that the rounds should have the same length/money limit).

> Sweaty's suggestion would be too much complicating, and playing just TDM is so unfair to the other team game modes. Same with Jedi's suggestion. Last year in GL, not a single match was played outside of IV, and i want to change that!!! How? By adding the Gang Cup sub-event, and in the League with 1 of the home matches having to be on EFLC(original idea was to have 9 games, one in each mode, but scrapped, as there won't be enough time). I believe it will provide more challenge, more fun and more intense battles, unlike the IV scrubs and it's maps which everyone knows like their own neighborhood. It should provide more challenge, and variety, and EFLC game modes are very unused in events on GTAF. I hope you see where i'm coming from here. Besides, GTA V will have similar weaponry as the Episodes, so it's a bit of a preparation for that as well.

> Speaking of Episodes, i've also added a rule that Buzzard and Annihilator with Explosive rounds are banned from matches. Any gang that abuses this, the other gang has the right to walk away and claim a 2:0 win no matter of the original result. Not only they are hard to combat, but they also cause MASSIVE lag, especially Buzzards. This was also kind of an unwritten rule, but i'm officializing it now, so it's CLEAR.

Some people have also suggested i ban the original heli's from IV, or to restrict to 1 pilot only in air. So, i'm opening up discussions about those now, so lets see what you people think it's best.

Back to Booze's last few sugg's

- To tackle the problem of gangs avoiding matches to deny competitors points, a gang should only be eligible to win the League if it has played ALL of their matches.

> Agreed and added, and this will be fueled by the calendar, so at the end of the year, everyone WILL have the same amount of matches.

- A time frame of two months for each encounter should be set. etc etc

This is exactly what i had in mind. I will add this rule, as soon as i get all the gangs to sign up, because i can't make the calendar yet, before i know the amount of gangs. icon14.gif icon14.gif If one gang clearly wants to play, and the other doesn't/can't in the time frame, a win is given to the gang that can, like you've said.

The only problem with your sugg is this: 'I'f counter-suggestions were made on time, each time, by both teams and the match still hasn't taken place by the end of April, the team that made the first attempt to arrange a match by suggesting a date and time gets the win. In other words, the responsibility for the match happening falls on the team that didn't take first initiative.''
This could be a problem, and very biased. See, for an example, we got a match between Firm and BCF. So Firm asks for the match at 12:00, and BCF american time zone people wake up at 17:00 UK, and they propose the match then. Eventually, it doesn't get done, so what am i supposed to do, give the win to the Firm for asking for the match 5 hours before. That just isn't right
In this case, i'd either add a 1:1 draw, or a 0:0 draw, so 0 points for both gangs who despite wanting, weren't able to do the match. Or maybe negative points? I remember ajbns87 suggested that. Either way, i'm opening this up for discussion as well. WHAT TO DO IF BOTH GANGS WANT, BUT FAIL TO DO THE MATCH IN THE REQUIRED TIME?

- Get someone to help you out with this. At least for the Xbox side. More people can do more, especially considering the huge amount of other responsibilities you have taken on all over the forums. This will mean making a shared event account and posting a new topic with it.

Well, i'll pretty much be free starting from next week, so i don't really need help. Help is already being provided with those suggestions. icon14.gif Once they are incorporated, there won't be no trouble holding and hosting this. All i gotta do is update the scores then until the end of the year, quite simple. No need for complicating, or adding more hosts, that could lead to more problems. As long as we all agree and make the rules clear, it'll all flow nicely and good.

Finally, Capadonna and Tommy. Yes i need to see the application. For the Firm i know who the members are, so no need to link me to their accounts, just write down the names. Capadonna, you need to fill the app, since i only know you of your gang.

Last, but not least, i'll be out for the weekend starting tomorrow, and back on Monday morning.
Keep the suggestions coming until then, maybe each gang should do like AoD, gather all their stuff in 1 post, then we all discuss it, but one by one please. smile.gif
Since i'll be gone from GTAF for 3 days, please don't go hating on me for not replying, or anything drastic for whatever reasons... tounge.gif
It's very hard to please everyone in such an event, as every gang has some suggestions.
I'm sure most of them will be added, but there will always be a rule or two, no matter who the event host is, or what the event is, that some gangs/people may like, and some others don't. Sometimes, you just gotta make sacrifices for the better of everyone, to make things work as a good healthy community without back-stabs and (in this case, gang) wars. If each gang wants a rule or two, and the other wants to boycott the event due to it, we'd be nowhere, and every event would have 0-1 participants. So lets continue how we've started, suggestions suggestions and more suggestions, until we've reached a good enough version for ALL of the gangs to take part. We're on the right track now! icon14.gif

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Friday, Jan 6 2012, 01:47)
> MrWhite0161, you shouldn't judge something until you've seen it's final product. Like i said this is still WIP, so the original idea of 9 matches was scrapped, which you can see above. Plus, everything doc said in the GL 2011 topic was what i had planned for the new year(''surprises'', remember?), and already is in GL 2012 event, so i feel like some bits of your reply are a bit too harsh and rude for the hard work i've put into making GL 2012 right.

Non the less it'd be much obliged if you would take our name down from the roster.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

Gang Name: The Firm
Gang Tag: [TF]
Gang Color: 33EE22
Gang Logo: user posted image
Gang Roster: Mati, Tommy., Claude94, mrpain (Vertical Limit, Prominent Fate and Butters 2011 are currently inactive but will be back soon)
Systems competing (PS3, 360, PC): Xbox 360

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:13 PM Edited by ajbns87, 08 January 2012 - 10:53 AM.

Good stuff Andy, happy to see you listening to people's ideas and being open to change and suggestions made.

Gazziboy, like everyone has said. Racing has no place here, why not make your own racing event?

MrWhite, it would be much obliged if you cared to elaborate your reasons for not wanting to take part?

Good to see the Cappadonna crew added to the ps3! whats happening with SRS? what about Highway Reapers MC?

Props to the Firm for signing up icon14.gif

.Trooper.
  • .Trooper.

D1RTY & WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

I don't think 'Mr White0161' deserves to be questioned about his personal opinions or reasons for leaving, neither by the host, nor anyone else who needs to comment on everything. If he wishes to be removed from the roster, it should be done...

Anyway, good luck with the league. Hope it goes more smoothly than the previous one.

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:24 AM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 07 January 2012 - 01:35 AM.

Andy - I want to... "Complicate things and make it too unfair?". Thats what I thought you were doing. My suggestions would make things alot easier. Adding all these variables of game settings, game modes, game itself etc is what is complicating things and making it unfair. I was just under the impression this was meant to be a competetive league. It doesn't really need to be jazzed up. Keep it simple.

I like your cup idea, although its slightly too complicated. Playing one game mode of each event sounds cool and most importantly it sounds fair, lol.

Also, I dont want to sound harsh but you could use some help. It's taken you this long to actually seperate the platforms. That should of been done from day one. No offense but I think the 360 side would be better off organising there side of things themselves. It's meant to be the official GTAF gang league and yet were not even aloud to organise our own platform, why? This will probably be the last year we all play GTA IV together, I just wanna make it a good one.

What are the rules on heli's & RPG's btw? I know a few people who are very unclear about it including myself.

Gazziboy
  • Gazziboy

Thug

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

@Jedi No need to be a smartarse.

@Andy Fair enough. I know you think us D1rties hate you but me personally respects you for making all this happen. Keep up the good work.

@AJ Who are you again?

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (Gazziboy @ Saturday, Jan 7 2012, 09:21)
@Andy Fair enough. I know you think us D1rties hate you but me personally respects you for making all this happen. Keep up the good work.

cookie.gif icon14.gif wink.gif

lol Gazzi! happy.gif

Hopin to see some good competition and good matches! colgate.gif

alien.gif DDZN FTW alien.gif

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:54 AM

- gazziboy : I am AJ wink.gif , and if you re-read what I said, I only suggested something kindly to you. So did Jedi, by linking you to the race events, I don't see why that makes him a smartass.

- Trooper , I'm just wanting the GL to be as good as it can, gangs pulling out of this like Bianco Crime Family / mrwhite goes against that, so I don't see why people can't question other gangs? Quite what is the point of being in a "gang" and not actually participating in events like this, makes no sense to me! At least the Firm has signed up. Maybe BCF are only on the forum to post spammy messages to each other turn.gif !

- Andy, listen to the AoD and consider sharing this event with some one who has more say / control on the Xbox side of things, when I planned on doing a Gang Cup, I was only 100% sure I'd be able to host / organise the ps3 side of things and allow a trusted member of the xBOx side to do the same for that console. Like others have said, you try to do too much on the forum, I think you should focus on quality over quantity when it comes to your forum contributions smile.gif

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:26 AM Edited by Booze T, 08 January 2012 - 11:30 AM.

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Friday, Jan 6 2012, 02:47)
QUOTE (Booze)
- A time frame of two months for each encounter should be set. For example, all the rounds between two teams must be played in March and/or April. A suggestion for a date AND time should be answered with another within a week. If a team fails to counter a suggestion within that time frame and the match hasn't taken place by the end of April, that team loses by forfeit. If counter-suggestions were made on time, each time, by both teams and the match still hasn't taken place by the end of April, the team that made the first attempt to arrange a match by suggesting a date and time gets the win. In other words, the responsibility for the match happening falls on the team that didn't take first initiative.

The only problem with your sugg is this: 'I'f counter-suggestions were made on time, each time, by both teams and the match still hasn't taken place by the end of April, the team that made the first attempt to arrange a match by suggesting a date and time gets the win. In other words, the responsibility for the match happening falls on the team that didn't take first initiative.''
This could be a problem, and very biased. See, for an example, we got a match between Firm and BCF. So Firm asks for the match at 12:00, and BCF american time zone people wake up at 17:00 UK, and they propose the match then. Eventually, it doesn't get done, so what am i supposed to do, give the win to the Firm for asking for the match 5 hours before. That just isn't right
In this case, i'd either add a 1:1 draw, or a 0:0 draw, so 0 points for both gangs who despite wanting, weren't able to do the match. Or maybe negative points? I remember ajbns87 suggested that.

You're talking about a day and night cycle here. Since both gangs can suggest matches as early as they want to (or maybe from the official start of the league), none of them really have an advantage or disadvantage. The BCF could've suggested the match at 5:00 UK time, while the Firm was still asleep. Or a week before. We're all living in the same moment after all, regardless of our time zones.
Really, I strongly disagree with your objections here. The aim of this rule is to encourage gangs to actually play the matches, even if the outcome seems set in stone (because of which the team that thinks they may lose will try to keep postponing the match and with your suggestion, they could get a tie out of that by doing so).

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Friday, Jan 6 2012, 02:47)
Either way, i'm opening this up for discussion as well. WHAT TO DO IF BOTH GANGS WANT, BUT FAIL TO DO THE MATCH IN THE REQUIRED TIME?

My suggestion applies here as well. 2 months should be long enough to arrange a match, especially if you allow the gangs to start scheduling even before then.

.Trooper.
  • .Trooper.

D1RTY & WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:30 AM Edited by .Trooper., 08 January 2012 - 11:32 AM.

QUOTE (AJ)
- Trooper , I'm just wanting the GL to be as good as it can, gangs pulling out of this like Bianco Crime Family / mrwhite goes against that, so I don't see why people can't question other gangs? Quite what is the point of being in a "gang" and not actually participating in events like this, makes no sense to me! At least the Firm has signed up. Maybe BCF are only on the forum to post spammy messages to each other  !

I see your point AJ, but it isn't exactly justified. I never looked into BCF, but just looking at the last page of their topic I can see that they still play GTA... So there isn't any problem there. Many gangs on the forum are not too active on GTA anymore, considering how long it has been out and the fact that GTA V has been released.

All I'm saying is... Perhaps BCF do not like competitive matches? Perhaps they are scared to lose because they suck? Perhaps they do not think the event will work? Perhaps they know they will not be able to participate in many matches so there is not much point in them joining? I do not know if any of these are true, but I do know that whatever reason they have for not joining up, they don't deserve to be pestered about it... I don't see any rules saying you must join up to every GL every year... icon14.gif

Once again Andy, nice effort on 2012 GL. I'm glad to see the long awaited changes and new changes have been implemented.

If the match isn't completed when it should be, it should be rescheduled. In my opinion 2 months is way too long. I think you allow a reschedule twice, if it still doesn't happen maybe a points reduction?

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

I wanted to keep my mouth shut and I didn't want to make a big stink over this but quite honestly I don't much care for this event. Others are believing to be a contributing active gang here you must play in events which makes no sense in any rational mind. The world does not revolve around events, and it especially does not revolve around this one. Being apart of a GTA Gang doesn't mean do matches every other day, especially do a line of matches just to get a signature saying you won or came in second or third. Being apart of a gang is about hanging out, having a good a time, socializing with your fellow gang members in-game on daily/nightly bases,running the streets of LC, occasionally fighting randoms or in the odd event of an external crew. That is being in a gang, going out there and experiencing GTA. Not sitting here arranging matches. Say what you will about me and my gang because we made a conscious decision of not being apart of your event. Main reason for not wanting to be apart of this, there is too much bullsh*t involved and that is continually growing.

I have nothing wrong with being competitive, but in my mind it's only about 5% of being in a GTA gang. But if people wish to challenge me and my gang to a match then by all means they can stop by and ask for themselves. Now the other 95% is divided into all those things I had previously listed off. You may call my gangs post 'spammy' but if you actually read it almost every post is reflecting on what we just did in GTA. Or what we are going to do in GTA. Because that is what it's all about, GTA. Nothing more, nothing less. What we choose to do on GTA is completely up to us. So I'm going to say this one more time. Please remove BCF from the GL roster and best of luck to all those who remain and or join the league icon14.gif

Docfaustino
  • Docfaustino

#stopmonsanto

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

Don, my advice was to hear out Doc's idea of Gang League if it came to fruition. I know your reasons for pulling us out of this are personal, which make sense, but I know Artfull is pretty upset so you should talk to him. AJ, you're 100% welcome to stop by anytime and check the spam content, not sure where you're coming from. Feel free to PM me.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

@MrWhite: I'm sorry, but I don't understand why you're so negative about it and give us a speech about the BCF leaving this event. If you want to abandon this event then just say it, then you're scratched from the list. You forgot that every single gang is different and has it's own different goals. There are gangs out here that are there for the competitiveness and want to beat other gangs in some classical matches. This event is a perfect opportunity to climb leaderboards and to get to know and fight other gangs.
I'm not trying to bash or rant anybody here, I just don't see the point of writing down a few speeches instead of simply saying that you won't join the event this year. Let the others have their fun. Every gang sees matches or competition-typed events with different glasses and it should stay that way. Personally, I haven't joined this event because I feel that we have to. Matches are important to us, we love the competitiveness and fights with other gangs. So no, we're not joining because of a mainstream.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

I've got back from my holiday lads.
I'll read posts and do the updates tomorrow, until then if anyone has any more additions, say them!

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

Mati the only reason I gave the speech is because I kindly ask BCF to be taken down off the leader board on the first page but all that I've gotten after that is just harassment over why I'm leaving. Rather then respecting my decision and carrying on with your day. All I've done is be respectful and civil but everyone feels the need to question my actions. I didn't expect it to be this gods damn difficult to say I don't want to be in GL. In-fact I've said it 4times now. So for the fifth time, please stop questioning my decision and please removed BCF from the leader boards, best of luck to all he gangs that are going to be partaking.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:31 AM

Ok thats fair enough, I never met to harrass or pester you, I just wanted to know the reasons why. You see "gangs" very differently from myself.

Also , Andy's used images to show the rosters / leagues, so its not as simple as just deleting some html tables / text, but I'm sure he'll remove / update when he gets chance.

ZDANZ96
  • ZDANZ96

• Members

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Monday, Jan 9 2012, 06:31)
Ok thats fair enough, I never met to harrass or pester you, I just wanted to know the reasons why. You see "gangs" very differently from myself.

Also , Andy's used images to show the rosters / leagues, so its not as simple as just deleting some html tables / text, but I'm sure he'll remove / update when he gets chance.

There is no problem here Aj, and I think I am the only who know why they want their name removed from the GL roster.

Happens that some gangs here, especially from the Xbox side, don't have enough skill on gta or preffer Assasinations or Roleplays rather than playing competitive modes, such as: TDM, TMW, CnC or TW. The reason? It isn't really hard to analyze it. Just read every gang's topic, and you will eventually know what is going on.

Some gangs just failed in the GL last year, being totally massacred by better gangs. These gangs can only beat amateur ones, external from GtaForums. They usually complain with better players saying that they have turbos or are hacking? Who knows? Only themselves. But you can see who is legit and who isn't just by watching their behavior in other places.

Come on! Do you guys think I don't read every single damn topic here? Some things are quite obvious. And I wouldn't be surprised by the fact that I could match the lack of skill at making decent posts, with the lack of skill in gaming.

Watch out.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

Let's not go too off topic, ok?
The reason why a gang will or won't participate in the GL it's nobody's business.
Post suggestions on rules and stay on topic.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Pedochu @ Sunday, Jan 8 2012, 18:26)
Don, my advice was to hear out Doc's idea of Gang League if it came to fruition. I know your reasons for pulling us out of this are personal, which make sense, but I know Artfull is pretty upset so you should talk to him.

Artfull ain't the only one... we trained so hard...

But going back on topic, even though I am not a part of this event anymore, I think the idea of removing the DLCs is fair and agree with it 100%. As for the cup, why not let it start sooner so there won't be any match-scheduling issues at the end of the year?

Good luck with this, unfortunately I won't have the chance to participate this year, but I will keep up with the matches. Maybe add some rules to allow people to spectate? It can be done. icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Sam97
  • Sam97

=AoD=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

Yeah I am annoyed if crome was don he would have listened to the families opinion.

Mr.Funny12
  • Mr.Funny12

Just keep swimming...

• Members

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

I don't mean to start arguements here but why (AJ&ZDANZ) so hurt over the Biancos loeaving. Your not even on the xbox side of things? All you've done is try your best to make fun of us and I don't see what your getting at?

White simply asked to be removed, I myself didn't think it'd be a big deal.

Belgium bagel
  • Belgium bagel

[TSA] Remnant

• Members

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:02 AM

@Zdanz96
I agree the xbox side of gangs are filled with the "Assassination" Gangs rather than TDM gangs. This saddens me but isn't the reason i'm here. I wish for TSA or The Soviet army to participate in GL 2012. The problem lies with one of the Bianco members denying TSA the official Status for gangs even though we have 5 active ready to play members that don't care to spam our topic as much as 'Some' people.
We do have over 20 pages and are here to stay on the forums and are asking to be put on the list and play even though we aren't 'Offical' (This is only an Xbox 360 gang)

The Soviet Army
  • The Soviet Army

The Soviet Army

• Members

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:38 AM

Gang Name: The Soviet Army
Gang Tag: TSA
Gang Color : Red (If not token and if it is token then use purple)
Gang Logo: user posted image
Gang Roster: TSA LEADER, TSA Bagel, XxDillon254xX, and TSA ONI
Systems competing (PS3, 360, PC): 360

xHIGHWAY_REAPERx
  • xHIGHWAY_REAPERx

Mr. Reaper.

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:24 PM Edited by xHIGHWAY_REAPERx, 15 January 2012 - 03:48 AM.

So when does The Gang League start?

I mean I know we can join late but when does it actually start?

EDIT:
Nevermind noticed there isn't an actual date.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Belgium bagel @ Monday, Jan 9 2012, 23:02)
The problem lies with one of the Bianco members denying TSA the official Status for gangs even though we have 5 active ready to play members that don't care to spam our topic as much as 'Some' people.
We do have over 20 pages and are here to stay on the forums and are asking to be put on the list and play even though we aren't 'Offical' (This is only an Xbox 360 gang)

Ouch, that's not a very nice attack towards my Gangs page. I was contacted by your leader who said you only had 3 active members on GTAForums, you, TSA Leader and Dillo, all others were outsiders who did not have GTAForums accounts. I still have the message saved if you want me to forward it to you. I told TSA Leader to contact me once more members joined the forums, I am still waiting to receive a PM from him. icon14.gif

If you have a problem with my gang, that's fine, but I have never acted biased on my Gangs page, have never received accusations of being biased, even by your very own leader. I don't see why you are always so butthurt by me, personally I have never played with you, and I don't plan to, so keep your ridiculous accusations to yourself.

As for GL, the BCF is out, even if a lot of our members disagree with it, it doesn't matter. It was our leader's decision, so please, keep all of your opinions to yourselves, I hope we can all end up this petty discussion.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

GL/GC 2012 Update

Would've updated this a few days ago, but i thought i'd hear more suggestions if i waited a bit more, i guess it should have been vice-versa.
Anyway, change-log:

- Added The Firm to the 360 League
- @Sweaty suggestions
What are the rules on heli's & RPG's btw? I know a few people who are very unclear about it including myself.

RPG's are used as a part of the powerful weapon setting so they're ok in that i believe, and i don't think anybody is that nooby to use just them as the preferred weapon setting (Just Rockets, or Melee, or similar).
As for helicopters, i feel like i should officialize this rule just a bit, since many people requested so.
I will not ban choppers on IV like i did on EFLC, but like somebody(Booze i think) suggested before, i will restrict it to only 1 heli/pilot in air per gang. It's a good and fair suggestion.
To add to that, and make things more smooth, before every match, two gangs should agree with each other will they use the heli's in the round together with other vehicles, or will their fight be only on ground level.

- @Booze
I'm still a bit confused about your suggestion a bit when both gangs are interested but fail to organize it, or one of them fails on purpose, to hurt others campaign. I think that's a bigger issue then anything else here.

About this,
2 months should be long enough to arrange a match, especially if you allow the gangs to start scheduling even before then.

Yeah, that is long enough and a good suggestion, but how much time there will be for each match, and how much matches there will be will depend on how much gangs sign up for GL 2012.
I'm thinking a month will be enough for a match, as i'm expecting 5-6 PS3 gangs, 7-10 xbox gangs and 2 pc gangs.
With that(and with xbox gangs having issues with the DLC)...

For the 360, gangs would play 1 home and 1 away match with every gang, for a total of 14-20, and they will choose between IV/LaD/BoGT, so there won't be any restriction, that you have to play on EFLC, as Sweaty & Jedi requested it. icon14.gif

However. (@Sweaty again) If not a single match is played at the end of the year on EFLC games, like last year i will have to align the EFLC Awards to whoever won the IV Awards...That's why i wanted to motivate gangs to play a bit more on EFLC this year, at least with the Gang Cup in a very simple and fair best-of format. GTA MP isn't only IV and isn't only TDM or Races, this ain't CoD or GT, it's GTA, and this is meant to be an event that tests gangs in various team modes. This isn't complicating, it's just making things more interesting! smile.gif

For the PS3, we would have 4 matches with every gang, so 5-6x4 = 20-24 matches for every gang. 2 home and 2 away matches with each gang, where 1 home and 1 away would be on EFLC.

For the PC, we could since it's 2 gangs, i guess to play a bit less duels. 3x3=9 probably.

With that being said, i'm officially inviting the following gangs to sign up, if they want to.

360: Mayans MC, North Holland Hustlers, Wolfen MC, Westies, Ex-Military, Mancini Crime Family, Clemente Family
PS3: Cappadona, Highway Reapers MC
As well as the BCF, they can re-join at any time.
I'll deal with their removal, once the arrivals are completed. The start of the matches will be on February 1st the latest.
Match list will be posted as soon as the applications of new gangs are done.

- Added The Soviet Army too to the gang league 360 side.
- To Capadonna and Highway Reapers, you must fill the application to join GL 2012 PS3's League officially.
- I've also sorted out the GL & GC Awards.

1st posts are updated.
Once i see which of the invited gangs will join, i will post the schedule and match list and a calendar (it'll be too WIP, and everyone can suggest how and what). Then we'll discuss it, and the match rules a bit more, and once that is done, by 1st February, surely not later, the matches will start.

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:00 PM Edited by Booze T, 20 January 2012 - 11:38 PM.

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Thursday, Jan 19 2012, 19:04)
- @Booze
I'm still a bit confused about your suggestion a bit when both gangs are interested but fail to organize it, or one of them fails on purpose, to hurt others campaign. I think that's a bigger issue then anything else here.

"Failing to organize" will occur after these scenarios:

• Team 1 suggests a date, which is no good for team 2. Then, within the time-frame of a week, team 2 suggests another date, which is no good for team 1. Then, within the time-frame, team 1 suggests another date and so on. If, after two months, the two teams could not agree on a date, the win will go to the team that suggested a date first (in this case team 1).
In this scenario, during the course of two months, team 1 will have suggested 5 or 6 dates (more if team 2 is quick to suggest another date). That's 5 or 6 dates for team 2 to choose from. I think it would be realistic to say that at least 1 out of the 5 or 6 dates should be convenient for team 2. The only way for team 1 to cheat a win out of this would be to keep suggesting dates that they know would be inconvenient for team 2. We could add an additional rule that states that each team cannot suggest a time that would be inconvenient for the other team's timezone (say, from 2 am - 12:00 noon), which might not be a bad idea. This will make things more complicated, but I think the event organizer(s) should be able to keep track of things.

• Team 1 suggests a date, which is no good for team 2. Team 2 suggests a date within the the time-frame, which is no good for team 1. Team 1 then suggests another date more than a week after team 2's last suggestion (so not inside the given time-frame). If both teams from then on keep suggesting dates within the time-frame and fail to agree on a date, team 2 will get the win (because team 1 was too late with one of their suggestions). This outcome will count as long as team 1 was too late more often than team 2 was.
Team 2 has no influence on team 1 being on time with their suggestions, so there's no way team 2 could cheat their way into a win using this rule.

• The number of times both teams were too late with their suggestions is equal. In this case the win will go to the team that made the first suggestion, team 1.
Team 1 has no influence on team 2 being on time with their suggestions, so there's no way team 1 could cheat their way into a win using this rule.

Basically, you can't fail on purpose to hurt the other one's "campaign", because if you do, the other team gets the win.
It might be good to add to this that both teams will have to have at least 2 players ready on the agreed upon date and time. If one team is present and the other one is still not present 15 minutes after the agreed upon time, that team will lose by forfeit. The team that was present will have to provide some sort of proof, or maybe the GL host or one of the hosts could be present to determine the forfeit.
If both teams fail to show on time, both teams have the right to request a re-schedule. Re-scheduling will happen in the regular way, with the same ultimate deadline and the same rules.

There's one other scenario that would fall under "failing to organize" which is this:

• Both teams do not suggest any date at all. In this case, both teams will be disqualified.
There will be no more chances later on in the year, to prevent end-of-the-year stress and panic.

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Thursday, Jan 19 2012, 19:04)
Yeah, that is long enough and a good suggestion, but how much time there will be for each match, and how much matches there will be will depend on how much gangs sign up for GL 2012.

Depending on when we get this going we'll have 5 x 2 months (if scheduling starts in March). That accomodates for 6 gangs in total on one table. We can have more gangs participate by having gangs schedule two matches during some or all of those months.

I would like to make another (unrelated) suggestion:

Please organize the rules into categories and preferably a table of contents with links. This will make it easier to look up certain rules.

I would also like to bring this rule under attention (again):

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 15:26)

Banned members can't take part in matches. If one was found playing, the result of that match will be changed to 0:2 for the opposing team no matter what the original result was. Same goes to members who don't have GTAF accounts, or are on the gang roster, but without a GTAF account.

I think this rule should be stricter (people could still abuse this rule by bringing in non-GTAF members, have them sign up and add them to the roster, only for them to never visit this place again).
I still think my original suggestion would be better:

QUOTE (Booze T @ Thursday, Jan 5 2012, 11:13)
My suggestion: gangmembers are only eligible to play if they are on the roster and have at least 40 posts in their gang's topic.

Maybe we can bring the number of posts down to 30 or 20, but they should be able to prove that they're active on GTAForums and post count is the only way.
Whichever round an illegal player played in should be won by the other team. If both teams play with one or more illegal players, they should both receive 0 points and a loss.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

Great suggestions Booze icon14.gif

However the last point about banned members or bringing in a player to your gang, who is not part of the forum is understandable, but I think it needs to relaxed, rather than strictly followed.

I can only speak for the ps3 side of things, and whilst I do everything to encourage all members of the Damned to post / become part of the forum / community as a whole, it's just not in their interests! Maybe the Xbox360 side of things is different, perhaps some of the gangs on your side, will potentially exploit this rule and suddenly recruit some ridiculously good player, who has never played with them before or visited the forum!

To an extent , the rule would only benefit the gangs who have existed and been part of this forum for a long time (Like the AoD). Secondly internet forums are not something every person enjoys being a part of, (The Damned MC and other new ps3 gangs have members yet to officially sign up to the forum, but have been playing together for significant period of time).
Thirdly, if the rule was strictly applied. There would be nothing stopping players from then registering, then posting a load of spam ( to reach the required post count ) and then never returning anyway!

Solution

My suggestion , would be that before any gangs apply or take part in this event, they must firstly submit a list of players that will be taking part for their gang.

If during the event, a new player is then recruited, they must then update that list within a certain period of time before their next game i.e. 7 - 14 days.

If a gang then decides to play a match with a player that wasn't initially listed, they forfeit the match.

----

Look forward to this finally beginning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users