Photo

Search button reminder

7 replies to this topic
Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

I've seen the people who forget or completely ignore the search button. I even forget sometimes and then get my posts locked. (I used the search button on this btw, I only got posts from 2009 and before) My suggestion is this:

We should give the new members a quick notice once they sign up. Like right after they filled in all their info, they get a message saying stuff like "btw when you make a new topic be sure to use the SEARCH button you empty-headed p.o.s.", and stuff like that. That'll make sure we don't get as much spam, however many of the 10 year-olds on this site will most likely just ignore the notices, which is why we should also include large pictures directing them to the forever alone button on the left.

Like I said before, the notice you'd get once you signed up will most likely just get as unread as the Terms & Conditions, but what the hell, some kids who don't have a 10-second attention span will understand. Hopefully, but not expected. What do you think?

AmyJones
  • AmyJones

ADVIL CHAMPION

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:24 AM

I'll tell you what I think since no one else has. You are an dick head. You suggest upon signing up we refer to a new member as 'empty headed' and a 'piece of sh*t' before they even get a chance? Well thanks for the suggestion it was quite a waste of your time.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:37 AM

user posted image

moto_whistle.gif

And yet nothing has changed. The spammers are still spamming.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:02 AM

Spammers gonna spam.

I do feel like that banner on the new topic page has helped a little bit though.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

If they spam (which is happening in GTA 5 Section), they get banned.

But, moderators can PM them Reminders about using Search feature (What do think? Reminder means to remind them not to do this sh*t again.)

But... If the OP has used the search feature and his topic is useless, then surely his topic will be locked. In that case, they don't need to give reminders and bans.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

After they first spam they don't get banned right away. No one knows what everyone has in his own Member Log, excepting when you're a staff member. Most probably members get warned and in the entry they're also reminded of the Search Function. They only get banned if they ignore that warning and what it said.

Reminders at least have to be given when making some pointless topic, so the poster won't do it again. Even so, people tend to ignore it since it's only a reminder, and they might calm down when they see a red warning.

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Friday, Jan 20 2012, 02:37)
[img of the new search reminder]

moto_whistle.gif

And yet nothing has changed. The spammers are still spamming.

I posted this literally a day before that was put in. confused.gif I guess it's not really necessary to have this thread.

@AmyJones

Watch what GrandTheftPeanut does all day in the GTA V section being the biggest back-seat moderator ever. He harasses the newcomers because they don't know the forums have been around since 2001.

Or look at this dick:

QUOTE (Static94)
Its called the Wishlist topic buddy use that next time.  icon14.gif

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:18 AM Edited by DTUMan, 27 January 2012 - 02:52 AM.

Watch what GrandTheftPeanut does all day in the GTA V section being the biggest back-seat moderator ever. He harasses the newcomers because they don't know the forums have been around since 2001.

If you notice someone being a dick and constantly back-seat moderating, you can report their posts and they will be dealt with by the Moderators. From what I have seen on here, it is generally acceptable to guide members in the right direction in a respectful manor, but it isn't acceptable to bash or attack other members whilst doing so.

I don't think this has been said in this topic or not, but the best thing you can do with duplicate topics and such is to not post in them but instead report them (making sure you provide a link to the original topic) and let the Moderators deal with them if they deem necessary. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users