Photo

Brucie?

5 replies to this topic
catney11
  • catney11

Zahh Real Deal

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:54 AM

I know I saw a picture of the guy that apparently did Brucie's voice and he didn't resemble him at all. Then I saw this video the other day, and surely either the video is wrong and this is the real guy who does his voice/he is based off. Or just a really odd resemblence.

Skip to 0:23 and watch.

Real Life Brucie?

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:08 AM Edited by Karjerker, 03 January 2012 - 10:12 AM.

The marvelous thing about voice (and other) actors is, especially when they are gifted in interpretation is that they can bring to life, literally, a character. In the case of Brucie he is a petrol-head, a let's-all-have-a-great-time guy, a success-seeking go-getter whose outward appearance of the macho body-building male is sadly diminished by his lack of intellectual qualities (if anyone thinks that Brucie created his own website, you best hand in your homework early, as Brucie obviously paid good money for it). He is none too smart, certainly naive, sometimes very childish and as evidence by the appearance of his older, shorter brother, and in The Ballard of Gay Tony living in what is obviously a shadow and in the reflection of said brother who uses every chance he gets to make Brucie feel like second best.

Brucie has therefore developed a complex variable personality which is overbearing and larger than life, which he uses whether he realizes it or not (I think not in his case) to make people like him when in fact all he does is intimidate, but its seldom malicious. All of his showing off, all of his muscle building, the in-your-face personality, the fact that he takes offence quickly and aggressively, numerous aspects of that personality is clear evidence of that. The thing that I have a hard time explaining is how he manages to keep a girlfriend around, considering that it is suggested in No.3 (The Ballard of Gay Tony) that he has a very small you-know-what, but then its amazing what money can buy these days.

You do not need to be a rocket-scientist to see that his ranting on about "putting bitches to the sword, VIP style" is both a concealment of his own barely concealed homosexuality and gender confusion, which if you ask me does not make Brucie a bad person, merely a very confused one (it is implied that he comes on to Luis at Masionette 9 among other things, and then there are comments made about Roman to Niko). Anyway, the point is, the actor who voiced him, Timothy Adams a forty-five year old actor is actually CREDITED with the voice role at Wikipedia.

To me, although in-game I loathe Brucie's personality I marvel at how well it was executed by Adams, and have greatly enjoyed his performance within said game ... my only lasting regret is that Adams will not be voicing Brucie in GTA-V ... or maybe he will, who among us knows?

catney11
  • catney11

Zahh Real Deal

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (Karjerker @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 10:08)
The marvelous thing about voice (and other) actors is, especially when they are gifted in interpretation is that they can bring to life, literally, a character. In the case of Brucie he is a petrol-head, a let's-all-have-a-great-time guy, a success-seeking go-getter whose outward appearance of the macho body-building male is sadly diminished by his lack of intellectual qualities (if anyone thinks that Brucie created his own website, you best hand in your homework early, as Brucie obviously paid good money for it). He is none too smart, certainly naive, sometimes very childish and as evidence by the appearance of his older, shorter brother, and in The Ballard of Gay Tony living in what is obviously a shadow and in the reflection of said brother who uses every chance he gets to make Brucie feel like second best.

Brucie has therefore developed a complex variable personality which is overbearing and larger than life, which he uses whether he realizes it or not (I think not in his case) to make people like him when in fact all he does is intimidate, but its seldom malicious. All of his showing off, all of his muscle building, the in-your-face personality, the fact that he takes offence quickly and aggressively, numerous aspects of that personality is clear evidence of that. The thing that I have a hard time explaining is how he manages to keep a girlfriend around, considering that it is suggested in No.3 (The Ballard of Gay Tony) that he has a very small you-know-what, but then its amazing what money can buy these days.

You do not need to be a rocket-scientist to see that his ranting on about "putting bitches to the sword, VIP style" is both a concealment of his own barely concealed homosexuality and gender confusion, which if you ask me does not make Brucie a bad person, merely a very confused one (it is implied that he comes on to Luis at Masionette 9 among other things, and then there are comments made about Roman to Niko). Anyway, the point is, the actor who voiced him, Timothy Adams a forty-five year old actor is actually CREDITED with the voice role at Wikipedia.

To me, although in-game I loathe Brucie's personality I marvel at how well it was executed by Adams, and have greatly enjoyed his performance within said game ... my only lasting regret is that Adams will not be voicing Brucie in GTA-V ... or maybe he will, who among us knows?

I realize now I put this in the wrong forum.

But is it not possibly then that Brucie's physical appearence was based off this man?

pc1053
  • pc1053

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (catney11 @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 17:35)
I realize now I put this in the wrong forum.

But is it not possibly then that Brucie's physical appearence was based off this man?

I think it is possible.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

His physical apperance and personality was mostly based on this guy:

Rest was based on Scott Alexander:

http://www.scottalexander.tv/

str8_rippin
  • str8_rippin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

How do you know it was based upon FPS Doug?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users