Photo

Getting BP/EP/FP/DP Boxville

41 replies to this topic
Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

Updated method again - sorry folks, I think there's shenanigans going on in the demo video. The non-cheating method is for all intents and purposes IMPOSSIBLE. If by some fluke you can aim the Firetruck correctly, the momentum lost by it nosediving into the road below makes it pretty useless at pushing the Boxville down the hill. I think someone has messed with Gravity or the vehicle settings themselves for the video, it just doesn't work.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:49 AM Edited by OrionSR, 05 May 2012 - 01:03 AM.

Is your frame limiter off? My frame rate is pretty poor either way so I can't tell much of a difference, but that might account for why your firetruck is nosediving and losing so much momentum. My firetrucks launch pretty much as shown in the video.

Anyway, I set up a custom save at the mission start with each of the firetrucks to work with, and made a CLEO script to warp CJ to the start of the run at the Boxville so I could repeat the experiment quickly. After quite a few attempts (well okay, definitely more than quite a few) I finally got the lucky pool shot and knocked the Boxville down the hill pretty much as shown in the video. It was the Firetruck LA that did the trick for me, but I'm not really sure if it makes a difference. The Firetruck LA is easier to get in SF anyway.

FI Boxville Test v1
FI Boxville Test v2

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Friday, May 4 2012, 20:49)
Is your frame limiter off?

The Firetruck LA is easier to get in SF anyway.

FI Boxville Test v1
FI Boxville Test v2

Frame Limiter is OFF - did not think of toggling that option. With it ON I feel queasy/drunk, only use it ON for Beat the Cock while swimming and for Wheelie Weave in the Driving School (for some reason with it OFF the car always takes damage)

Firetruck LS is almost always at the SF station. If the Ladder truck (SF) is there one the first attempt, it always shows the water truck (LS) on all successive visits.

You call it a "pool shot" so would you agree then on my conclusion this is harder than getting the Greenwood in End of the Line which was rated at 5 stars?

Oh, one other question - how do you get an armor value of 250? For all the times I have played the game, I always thought 150 was the max.

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:04 AM

What happens if you approach the bikes in a Boxville? Does it trigger the cutscene? Do you lose the truck?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

Try approaching from the south to get the ladder truck to spawn, or maybe it's the other way around. It's basically the same trick as getting the hunter/levi to spawn at the airstrip.

I don't really think I got a fair impression on how difficult this collection really is since I didn't have to find a firetruck and drive to the mission and then the location every time I gave it another shot. I was more concerned with, "it is possible without 'shenanigans.'" I believe it is, but then again, I used a few of my own shenanigans. Besides, I've never attempted the EoL Greenwood collection so I don't have anything with which to make a comparison.

When I need a practice save I usually snag one from the latest round of the Chain Game. We modified the starting CG saves to include +100 max armor at the beginning of the game (shenanigans), so when vigilante is completed the max armor is boosted to 250.

4emp2008
  • 4emp2008

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Krawk @ Friday, May 4 2012, 22:11)
Updated method again - sorry folks, I think there's shenanigans going on in the demo video. The non-cheating method is for all intents and purposes IMPOSSIBLE. If by some fluke you can aim the Firetruck correctly, the momentum lost by it nosediving into the road below makes it pretty useless at pushing the Boxville down the hill. I think someone has messed with Gravity or the vehicle settings themselves for the video, it just doesn't work.

Nothing is changed, the game is original, unchanged. Just Aim is better, try more and more work.
If it will help you, my Frame Limited is On

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

This vehicle is one of the hardest in the whole game, but it IS obtainable without cheats and mods. Try it with a limiter, it's kinda better.

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:31 PM Edited by lol232, 12 May 2012 - 05:34 PM.

Indeed^.
Personally it was easy for me, either ways, Boxville wasn't a problem,
I wanted to get it but It needed a Suicide so I gave up.
the Hardest were CP Greenwood, CP Infernus and CP UC White News Van, now THAT is what I call HARD.
Anyways, let's stick any further Unique Vehicle discussion in this Topic, instead of any more topic shall we?

Click Here.

EDIT : Even harder is The Wreck of UC Marengo-Midnight Blue Maverick from Toreno's last flight,
To the garage... Bloody hell!
God, it was a pain, I didn't want a suicide, although CP One and Easier Acquisition is better...
But Suicide needed? Not gonna happen...

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

lol232
Boxville is obtainable w/o a suicide if you destroy it at first (with flames from within or a parachute), then destroy the packages with a grenade launcher from the same spot, then push the wreck to the doherty with a heavy vehicle (like the same Firetruk)

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:51 AM Edited by fnxrak, 30 May 2013 - 01:55 AM.

Hey sorry to bump this topic but I think I have an idea to get the Boxville without mission fail, but really I'm not gonna try it for now (it is a pain to get it), so if anyone would like to try it be my guess.
1. The same strategie as before with the firetruck. (don't know if it's different with the laddertruck or the normal one)
2. Ditch the boxville on the west side of Fierro at the beach.
3. Go on foot to the location of the bikes and trigger the mission.
4. Collect the packages but do not go to the final spot. make sure the bikers are dead so they don't follow you.

Now this is the part I don't know if it will work or if the boxville will have vanished

5. Go and retrieve the Boxville from where you ditch it.

This part is also not fail proof

6. Take the boxville into a garage
7. Take the packages and finish the mission

OR

6. Double Drive both the bike and Boxville to the final location
7. Finish the mission

Sorry just remembered something else do you have a time to get the packages?
If not maybe you can destroy the boxville with the parachute for example, trigger the mission take the boxville to the garage, and afterwards get the packages and finish the mission

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Sometimes after successfully acquiring it and saving, the Boxville loses it's invincibility. Could the fresh game index vs restart game index be an influential factor?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

Ok so Stea1thman found it, I was sure it would be possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users