» «
Photo

Debug Menu

46 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:37 PM Edited by nkjellman, 23 May 2012 - 10:51 PM.

Well, if anyone has any debug scripts for LCS and/or VCS, could you please send it to me? I'm tired of filling up my save slots so I can replay missions that I liked.

Also does VC have a debug.scm on the Xbox? There is a debug.sc on PC though. I'm gonna look at the VC Xbox files.

Edit: Can someone send me the debug files for VC on the Xbox? I can't get into the ISO.

SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:18 AM Edited by SILENT_Pavel, 14 August 2012 - 02:25 PM.

QUOTE ("nkjellman")
I wonder if there is a debug menu in GTA III, VC, SA, or IV/EFLC.

Actually GTA IV have some debug option a little but only on PC second patch, all other patches and retail version don't have anything like this. Dageron said that some time ago he successfully unlocked official debug script in PC version (on second PC patch), but really it's dont have much, only usual game info like coordinates, model names, running game process... i mean usual debug info, no any spawners, cheats of something fun. Interesting thing is - In all of the following patches never encountered anything like this, even retail no patch version. Sorry no proof-screens right now, maybe later.

But there i have some interesting info about PS3 version of Complete Edition, in game .ELF/BIN binary file i have found interesting ASCII symbols, after decryption:

user posted image

CODE
g:/white-master-us/white/src/app/common/debug/DebugMenu.cpp
Debug Menu #1(Field)
Debug Menu #2(FieldAi)
Debug Menu #3(Battle)
Debug Menu #4(Sound)
Debug Menu #8 (ContextList)
Debug Menu #7 (LoadViewer)
Debug Menu #9 (GraphicsManager)
Debug Menu #10 (Framework)
Debug Menu #11(CharacterControl)
Debug Menu #12 Lay(Main)

Maybe it's just text junk and does not mean nothing, maybe it's internal system network commands, or maybe it's finally full debug options list, who knows...

p.s. sry for maybe bad en again

p.p.s. plus i heard some rumors about debug in PS2 version of III, but i dont know about this much... mayba fake

Maxaxle
  • Maxaxle

Used Car Acquisition Technician

• Members

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, May 23 2012, 14:37)
Well, if anyone has any debug scripts for LCS and/or VCS, could you please send it to me? I'm tired of filling up my save slots so I can replay missions that I liked.

This.

I even decompressed my LCS and VCS .isos so I could mod them somehow...

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (SILENT_Pavel @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 04:18)
QUOTE ("nkjellman")
I wonder if there is a debug menu in GTA III, VC, SA, or IV/EFLC.

Actually GTA IV have some debug option a little but only on PC second patch, all other patches and retail version don't have anything like this. Dageron said that some time ago he successfully unlocked official debug script in PC version (on second PC patch), but really it's dont have much, only usual game info like coordinates, model names, running game process... i mean usual debug info, no any spawners, cheats of something fun. Interesting thing is - In all of the following patches never encountered anything like this, even retail no patch version. Sorry no proof-screens right now, maybe later.

But there i have some interesting info about PS3 version of Complete Edition, in game .ELF/BIN binary file i have found interesting ASCII symbols, after decryption:

user posted image

CODE
g:/white-master-us/white/src/app/common/debug/DebugMenu.cpp

Debug Menu #1(Field)

Debug Menu #2(FieldAi)

Debug Menu #3(Battle)

Debug Menu #4(Sound)

Debug Menu #8 (ContextList)

Debug Menu #7 (LoadViewer)

Debug Menu #9 (GraphicsManager)

Debug Menu #10 (Framework)

Debug Menu #11(CharacterControl)

Debug Menu #12 Lay(Main)

Maybe it's just text junk and does not mean nothing, maybe it's internal system network commands, or maybe it's finally full debug options list, who knows...

p.s. sry for maybe bad en again

p.p.s. plus i heard some rumors about debug in PS2 version of III, but i dont know about this much... mayba fake

I don't know. The Comp bin my guess is a launcher that launches the eboot.bin. Inside the folders IV and EFLC are the corresponding files for each game.

Maxaxle
  • Maxaxle

• Members

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:59 AM

...So how would I go about enabling the debug menu?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (Maxaxle @ Monday, Jun 11 2012, 05:59)

I don't know. I wish I could answer that. My best bet is it is a code in the scm that is not used, and Rockstar left it in the game. That or its a menu he coded for the game, and he is calling it a debug menu.

But here is a good question. I play GTA LCS on my PS Vita now, and would like to have a debug menu on there. Is there any way to replace (make it so I switch between normal and debug) the main.scm on the PS Vita? The game is downloaded off the Play Station Store. I am just wondering because Sony sucks at securing their data. With a Jail Broken PS3 you can transfer a modded GTA IV to a non modded PS3 and it works from what I have heard. If I do the Main.scm thing, I would need a corrupt save that has the year set to a far off year like 9999 so I'm forced to start a new game and the system doesn't crash.

That or if there is a save file that has it enabled.

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

Is it humanly possible to rip the LCS timecyc?(PS2 version, obv.)

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (NewportByChrysler @ Thursday, Jun 14 2012, 18:01)
Is it humanly possible to rip the LCS timecyc?(PS2 version, obv.)

I'm not sure if LCS has a timecyc. I haven't seen one in the files. Unless its stored differently. But if it doesn't its different than Renderware.

SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, Jun 13 2012, 01:32)
QUOTE (Maxaxle @ Monday, Jun 11 2012, 05:59)

I don't know. I wish I could answer that. My best bet is it is a code in the scm that is not used, and Rockstar left it in the game. That or its a menu he coded for the game, and he is calling it a debug menu.

But here is a good question. I play GTA LCS on my PS Vita now, and would like to have a debug menu on there. Is there any way to replace (make it so I switch between normal and debug) the main.scm on the PS Vita? The game is downloaded off the Play Station Store. I am just wondering because Sony sucks at securing their data. With a Jail Broken PS3 you can transfer a modded GTA IV to a non modded PS3 and it works from what I have heard. If I do the Main.scm thing, I would need a corrupt save that has the year set to a far off year like 9999 so I'm forced to start a new game and the system doesn't crash.

That or if there is a save file that has it enabled.

As i know: you can't use any mods on PS3 in last OFW, even if you try to install psx-scene modded PKG with last ofw hack "install package files".

And with PSVita you will never can install any modded content, or not yet released a fantastic new hack, but not sure it ever will be.

Maxaxle
  • Maxaxle

• Members

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (SILENT_Pavel @ Saturday, Jun 16 2012, 00:50)
And with PSVita you will never can install any modded content, or not yet released a fantastic new hack, but not sure it ever will be.

Obviously you haven't been following the latest news.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (Maxaxle @ Saturday, Jun 23 2012, 19:43)

New system. It will have ways to break in to the software.

But whats ironic, there is no way to install a jailbreak on the Xbox 360 with out taking it appart. No way to do it with out the work being done for you.

But anyways all we would need is a way to acess the files. On the iOS you can have a modded GTA III with out a jailbreak, and on the Xbox 360 you can have a modded GTA IV and EFLC with out jailbreak. Could be the same with Sony, and it could still work as you have to do a glitch to get LCS and VCS onto your Vita as of now. They could be released later. But PS2, I'm sure you can use the emulater or take appart your PS2 and PS2 disc drive, like the Xbox 360, and hotswap. I bet hotswaping works on PS2. However for me the emulater laggs. III lags, VC doesn't work, SA laggs and car reflections are on whole screen, LCS and VCS lag a sh*t tun more than III and SA. I'm playing the game off the PS2 disc. Maybe it will work better if I use a different BIOS file, or use an ISO. I could have something enabled thats causing the lag.

Maxaxle
  • Maxaxle

• Members

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Jun 23 2012, 14:04)
QUOTE (Maxaxle @ Saturday, Jun 23 2012, 19:43)

New system. It will have ways to break in to the software.

But whats ironic, there is no way to install a jailbreak on the Xbox 360 with out taking it appart. No way to do it with out the work being done for you.

But anyways all we would need is a way to acess the files. On the iOS you can have a modded GTA III with out a jailbreak, and on the Xbox 360 you can have a modded GTA IV and EFLC with out jailbreak. Could be the same with Sony, and it could still work as you have to do a glitch to get LCS and VCS onto your Vita as of now. They could be released later. But PS2, I'm sure you can use the emulater or take appart your PS2 and PS2 disc drive, like the Xbox 360, and hotswap. I bet hotswaping works on PS2. However for me the emulater laggs. III lags, VC doesn't work, SA laggs and car reflections are on whole screen, LCS and VCS lag a sh*t tun more than III and SA. I'm playing the game off the PS2 disc. Maybe it will work better if I use a different BIOS file, or use an ISO. I could have something enabled thats causing the lag.

Definitely try using an .ISO. On the PSP, at least, using .ISOs in the place of UMDs increases framerate and decreases noise regardless of other conditions.

SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE ("spaceeinstein ")
He is extremely protective of his work. Check out his post history. He discovered file formats for the Stories games and developed tools to mod it long before anyone else did but kept most of them to himself. I had been hacking away using a hex editor. Life and apathy is preventing me from completing my documentations, though.

QUOTE ("SilentPL")
Also, asking Dageron... I doubt he'll help ANYONE from GTAF community, but his help would be very useful tounge.gif (SCM editing would help with revealing unknown opcodes, I have a bit too low patience to mess with SCM in hex editor seriously, especially when it comes to jump opcodes)

That's it, it's happend! Dageron public version of tool wth enabled edition of VCS & LCS (PSP & PS2) textures, for now it's only dunamic object support, but will be more: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=518948 enjoy smile.gif

Maxaxle
  • Maxaxle

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (SILENT_Pavel @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 06:56)
Debug menu unlock - it's hardest manual hex procedure, if you have this skills, only then you can do that. But most likely only a few people have that skills.

Explaining it couldn't hurt.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Maxaxle @ Wednesday, Aug 8 2012, 17:38)
QUOTE (SILENT_Pavel @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 06:56)
Debug menu unlock - it's hardest manual hex procedure, if you have this skills, only then you can do that. But most likely only a few people have that skills.

Explaining it couldn't hurt.

True. I don't understand why your being secretive about this. Its not like its a Multiplayer game your modding.

taxik007
  • taxik007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

Hello, is this R* Debug mode (from Dageron, or someone) avaible for public, or only for private things?

Thanks

SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

Maxaxle
nkjellman
taxik007
and all others
For now it's finally public! PS2 & PSP support!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users