Photo

US Presidential Election 2012

2,236 replies to this topic
CubA_iLL_BrothA
  • CubA_iLL_BrothA

666سنة

• Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:32 PM

Ronald Earnest Paul was born on August 20, 1935 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He was a doctor in the U.S. Air Force and National Guard. He also opened his own practice and is believed to have delivered more than 4,000 babies.]

Over the years, Paul has maintained a steadfast consistency on executive power, taxation, and pro-life issues. Unlike many of his Republican peers, he voted against the Patriot Act and against the Iraq war. Paul did, however, support the U.S. military action in Afghanistan. He has voted against farm subsidies and regulating the Internet, which is in line with his interest in reducing government spending and the role of the federal government. In addition, he has expressed his opposition to the war on drugs, saying that the government's efforts have actually been a war on doctors. This and other controversial opinions have often caused tension with his Republican counterparts.

While the mainstream media gives him little coverage, Paul's vision for America has been spread by his extensive presence online. The Internet has also been a financial boon to him. On November 5, 2007, a group of his supporters raised more than $4 million in one day for his campaign. The date was no accident—it was Guy Fawkes Day, a British holiday that remembers the attempted destruction of the Parliament building—with the king inside—by a rebel named Guy Fawkes. While Paul “wants to demolish things like the Department of Education,'' as one of his spokespeople told The New York Times, ''but we can do that very peacefully, in a constructive manner.''

I believe he'll restore America and the Constitution will remain our Law of the Land.

Ron Paul 2012

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

I can tell that this will descend into a sh*t-flinging fight, but before it does, I'd like to ask you to reconsider your use of text colour as they've made your post entirely illegible.

-EDIT-

Also, in the absence of anything other than a press release in this topic, doesn't it constitute advertising to a greater extent or a lesser one?

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

I hope he gets close enough in the polls to show the candidates what loose ground they're on with the people's opinions. Most are tired, sick and tired of the SAME Washington stalemates and recession of 4 plus years

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Friday, Dec 30 2011, 20:37)
I can tell that this will descend into a sh*t-flinging fight, but before it does...

Cue me.

Isn't he a racist and a homophobe?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Friday, Dec 30 2011, 21:39)
...and recession of 4 plus years

And when was the last one of those, hm? 1929?

CubA_iLL_BrothA
  • CubA_iLL_BrothA

666سنة

• Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

RFID Chips inside your hand and/or head! Most of us in America are brainwashed, but a lot of people have woken up out there American Dream land.

I don't and won't accept that National ID Card..

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

Less then North Koreans, if what you say is true. Some people seem to be asleep at the wheel, and if Congress can't get their work done, Donald Trump should FIRE them all

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance. For one we will never see a third party candidate get elected. The other thing is he only appeals to younger voters, and the sad reality is most elections are won thanks to the senior vote. We have an entire generation(20yrs) to go before a new wave of different thinking seniors have nothing to do but go out and vote.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:18 PM

Even a Senior mounted ad was debunked as false and misleading however, it's clear aim was to cause alarm and concern amongst senior voters, They should have shame to advertise on TV in such a manner and taint voting even further.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:24 PM

He's an anti-government crackpot and a delusional isolationist. He'll never get elected.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Merry Christmas, you filthy animal

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

Blue on dark blue is so readable.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

He looks legit from his site.

Michelle Bakman or however you spell her name, she is f*cking dumb.
http://thinkprogress...raziest-quotes/

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:57 PM Edited by lil weasel, 30 December 2011 - 11:20 PM.

QUOTE (CubA_iLL_BrothA @ Friday, Dec 30 2011, 21:00)
RFID Chips inside your hand and/or head! Most of us in America are brainwashed, but a lot of people have woken up out there American Dream land.
I don't and won't accept that National ID Card..

Of course we will. How else to get our government benefits?
I'm waiting for the required Home Land Security pass to travell more than 25 miles from home/business... cry.gif

Actually, I thought Ron Paul was a six foot four cross dresser... Now I see he isn't. go figure...

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Friday, Dec 30 2011, 13:24)
He's an anti-government crackpot and a delusional isolationist. He'll never get elected.

Ron Paul is one of the most real politicians, ever.

Everything he stands for he's backed up with his votes over the past however many Decades..

To call him delusional would be equivalent to saying our constitution is a joke. Never once have I ever seen a politician speak such truth..

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Friday, Dec 30 2011, 23:02)
To call him delusional would be equivalent to saying our constitution is a joke. Never once have I ever seen a politician speak such truth..

Quite aside from the allegations of racism, bigotry and homophobia, his ideas about American isolationism are stuck in the 1930s at best.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Friday, Dec 30 2011, 22:02)
QUOTE (Typhus @ Friday, Dec 30 2011, 13:24)

Ron Paul is one of the most real politicians, ever.

Everything he stands for he's backed up with his votes over the past however many Decades..

But doesn't it all seem like populism to you? Taxes are bad, war is bad, let's all hug a tree and f*ck a rainbow.
It just sounds like he's specifically saying things he knows will go over well, giving people easy answers and telling them what they want to hear. Even though the Republican party is riddled with religious fundamentalists, sexual deviants and used car salesmen it's guys like Ron Paul who seem the most dishonest.

Either he's delusional or intentionally duping people.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:21 PM Edited by GrandMaster Smith, 30 December 2011 - 10:25 PM.

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Friday, Dec 30 2011, 14:12)
QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Friday, Dec 30 2011, 23:02)

Quite aside from the allegations of racism, bigotry and homophobia, his ideas about American isolationism are stuck in the 1930s at best.

He wants to end the Federal Reserve, a privately owned bank that inevitably leads our entire country to irreversible debt and bankruptcy.. the only option that we have left is to end the fed if we ever want this country to see the light of day again.

The Fed is literally printing worthless money out of thin air, they make it so we owe more money thans even in circulation, it's impossible to get out of.. Getting rid of the Fed would be the best decision our country's made in decades.

Oh yeah and he might not like gay people.. catspider.gif

When all else fails, pull the race card lol

But doesn't it all seem like populism to you? Taxes are bad, war is bad, let's all hug a tree and f*ck a rainbow.
It just sounds like he's specifically saying things he knows will go over well, giving people easy answers and telling them what they want to hear. Even though the Republican party is riddled with religious fundamentalists, sexual deviants and used car salesmen it's guys like Ron Paul who seem the most dishonest.

Either he's delusional or intentionally duping people.

He has had the same message and backed them all up with his votes for the past 20 years.

Yeah, he's just doing it for popularity... sarcasm.gif

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Friday, Dec 30 2011, 22:21)
Oh yeah and he might not like gay people.. catspider.gif

You'd seriously be happy to have a hateful figure leading your country (the most free place on the planet, if I remember correctly?) because he has an economic plan you agree with?

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

He has had the same message and backed them all up with his votes for the past 20 years.

I have an honest question: Let's say he becomes President. How long will it be before you see him as being just as bad as the people he replaced? I remember how wildly the crowds cheered Obama, but now most of those people probably think he's a Nazi. Because, of course, every head of state in the Western world is a closeted Nazi who kills kittens for fun.

Let's say that Paul feels it morally necessary to send troops to a foreign land, to offer humanitarian aid and perhaps remove a corrupt, murderous regime. Would you still support him? Or start ranting about his similarities to Hitler?

I wonder just how long all this optimism will last before you people turn on him like you did to everyone else.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Robinski @ Friday, Dec 30 2011, 14:25)
Oh yeah and he might not like gay people..  catspider.gif

You'd seriously be happy to have a hateful figure leading your country (the most free place on the planet, if I remember correctly?) because he has an economic plan you agree with?

Hateful? lol

Have you ever listened to what Ron Paul has to say for himself rather than just parroting washed up articles trying to disclaim the fact that this man makes logical sense when it comes to saving our country?

His economic plan is the only thing that will save this country. Every other person up on those stages are f*ckin corporate puppets having the same exact sh*t as all the presidents before.

Ever heard of the skull and bone society that all of the politicians come out of at Harvard? The majority of these people aren't against eachother, they're all supporting the same exact thing.

Ron Paul is the only person who has actually backed up what he says, for 20 YEARS.. He's the only person that has a real actual logical plan to fixing the economy. He wants to completely get rid of the fed.. no wonder you see all the corporately owned mainstream news sources deliberately censoring and trying to discredit him.

You can really tell who goes out and actually thinks for themselves and who just gets all their information from CNN an Fox and repeats what they're told to think.. lol

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Friday, Dec 30 2011, 14:34)

I have an honest question: Let's say he becomes President. How long will it be before you see him as being just as bad as the people he replaced? I remember how wildly the crowds cheered Obama, but now most of those people probably think he's a Nazi. Because, of course, every head of state in the Western world is a closeted Nazi who kills kittens for fun.

Let's say that Paul feels it morally necessary to send troops to a foreign land, to offer humanitarian aid and perhaps remove a corrupt, murderous regime. Would you still support him? Or start ranting about his similarities to Hitler?

I wonder just how long all this optimism will last before you people turn on him like you did to everyone else.

Obama was a puppet just like the majority of the others.

You can tell a persons true intentions just from their personality and the energy they give off.

Most these people up on stage are actors. They're fakes reading a script.

Obama just as much as most the others.

It's all just like a really sh*tty reality show.. lol

Ron Pauls one of the very few who I've ever seen who has true intentions. Unless you believe he's just been really persistent on the same matters for the past 20 years so he could win the 2012 elections lol

NAME CHANGE LOL
  • NAME CHANGE LOL

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:58 PM

Yeah, you're going to lose a lot of people going down Skull and Bones Conspiracy Theory Road. As for Ron Paul, I don't think he can win, and I don't know if his plans would help the country, but I do get the feeling that the dude speaks from the heart, which is more than I can say for the rest of his peers. Once again, he has a lot of radical views, but at least I feel he actually believes them and has the courage to speak about them, rather than contorting his rhetoric to what he thinks is going to give him the winning edge on votes.

To be honest, I couldn't care less if he eats babies in his free time as long as he runs the country like it needs to be run. What's a few toddlers in the grand scheme of things?

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:04 PM

Oh yeah and he might not like gay people..

Even if it's true what's wrong with it? No person is perfect and can just love everyone.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Saturday, Dec 31 2011, 00:04)

Even if it's true what's wrong with it? No person is perfect and can just love everyone.

Christ, you really are a bit of a pillock, aren't you? Are you honestly suggesting that an individual who is openly prejudicial against one sector of society based on a natural trait is the kind of person you want to see running a country? If so, I'm very concerned about your own prejudices.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:13 PM Edited by Robinski, 30 December 2011 - 11:16 PM.

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Friday, Dec 30 2011, 23:04)

Imagine if he said "Oh yeah and he might not like black people..". Just stop for a second and imagine someone like that getting elected.

Hell, replace it with what you want:
"Oh yeah and he might not like women.."
"Oh yeah and he might not like Mexican people.."
"Oh yeah and he might not like people who are left handed.."
"Oh yeah and he might not like people who were born between December and March.."

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:19 PM Edited by Street Mix, 30 December 2011 - 11:47 PM.

Are you honestly suggesting that an individual who is openly prejudicial against one sector of society based on a natural trait is the kind of person you want to see running a country?

Yes, if state leader is doing his job well than I don't care who he hate.
Him hating gays doesn't mean that he'll build labor camps for gays and send them there. Cause seems like some people really think like that. Geez.

@Robinski
Well maybe in 100 years majority of people will finally accept gays like they accepted left-handed, black, chinese people. But not know. You can't just change people's mentality in a few years.

Heisenberg
  • Heisenberg

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

^^ Stop being scaremongering. One politician's individual stance on social affairs will affect naught in America's democracy, it's the man with mass fortune that pushes his. Consider Oprah who has been believed to influence over one million votes in favour of Obama in the 2008 Generals. One man, one vote you say? Not if you have cash to splash, you can purchase millions.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

He's a danger to our national security and our status as a superpower would fall down the toilet if he were elected. No overseas basing, put the military on the border with Mexico (because they can carry out immigration law right?), no financial regulation, no government investment in science/technology.. f*ck him.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (Irviding @ Friday, Dec 30 2011, 23:37)
He's a danger to our national security and our status as a superpower would fall down the toilet if he were elected. No overseas basing, put the military on the border with Mexico (because they can carry out immigration law right?), no financial regulation, no government investment in science/technology.. f*ck him.

He wants to stop immigration? Odd. I thought most of his acolytes were the kind of people who opposed any kind of immigration control whatsoever.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Irviding @ Friday, Dec 30 2011, 15:37)

Isn't that a misperception? Doesn't he want to put troops on ALL of the borders, not to keep illegal immigrants out, which he's actually for amnesty (although he used to be against it) if I recall, but to protect against terrorism. And I only think he said that to appease conservatives who claim they need the military in places like Afghanistan to protect us from said terrorism. I doubt he's talking about a massive war like mobilization, with armies protecting the borders.

Anyway, I don't know, I hate all the candidates except Paul. Romney and Perry are prototypical rich religious assholes, Gingrich is just another Republican, Bachman is just as bad as Romney and Perry except she is even less knowledgeable on what the role of president should be. Paul, seems to be the only one with any intelligence. He doesn't seem like he's been fed lines to memorize, because he actually knows what he's talking about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users