Quantcast

» «
Photo

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Anniversary!

64 replies to this topic
SFK363
  • SFK363

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:06 PM Edited by SFK363, 30 December 2011 - 01:15 PM.

Does anyone want an anniversary for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas? I love that game, it was possibly the first game I ever played. I want it revived with modern graphics. Does anyone stand with me?

Note: The sort of "anniversary" I talk about is exactly the same, exact same missions, exact same characters, exact same content... but with new quality and graphics. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (a re-release of a game that is 10 years old now) inspired my idea to start this topic.

Mince
  • Mince

Mnage trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

I think some kind of re-release might be nice, but if you really love the game then you shouldn't need a graphical overhaul to play it.

Jacko427
  • Jacko427

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:32 PM

Maybe for PS Vita?
I definitely agree, SA always has been my most favorite game ever.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:15 AM

Wow! ... has it been ten years, already? smile.gif

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:56 AM

yes, a re-release would be good but san andreas is better the way it is,
but if there were a re-release there are some additions I would like

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:33 AM

Next year is Vice City 10 year, then two years after that is San Andreas, something similar to the GTA III anniversary will be used i think, they can sell more of the collectible action figures.

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

Tap Tap Tap! *Troll food*. Umad?

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

I would be trolled if they would release San Andreas Stories. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

The-San-Andreas-man
  • The-San-Andreas-man

Certified Furry!

• Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:03 PM

Re-release the game with:
-Better graphics
-Ragdoll or Euphoria physics.
-More destructible environment
-All things from the beta that were removed to be put into the game
-Cover system
-Better AI
-Multiplayer

And etc.

That would seriously be the best game ever made if it was to happen.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (The-San-Andreas-man @ Saturday, Dec 31 2011, 00:03)
-Cover system

I would hate it. Worst thing that ever happend to video games.

Metzger
  • Metzger

Robber

• Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

I would love to see San Andreas with GTA IV's graphic. It would be awesome. Also, if a miracle will happen and Rockstar will create that kind of re-release, then I will not hesitate to buy it.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:07 AM

It's interesting when GTA IV first came out there were people saying graphics don't matter. Now people want to see the old GTAs with similar graphics.

Goes to show how much GTA IV was/is taken for granted.

UberChargedCJ
  • UberChargedCJ

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:39 AM

what about a re-realease for europe australia and worldide for PS2 PS3 xbox 360 and PC?

SFK363
  • SFK363

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (The-San-Andreas-man @ Friday, Dec 30 2011, 23:03)
-Better graphics
-Ragdoll or Euphoria physics.
-More destructible environment
-All things from the beta that were removed to be put into the game
-Cover system
-Better AI
-Multiplayer

And etc.

That would seriously be the best game ever made if it was to happen.

That is what I am talking about!

Mince
  • Mince

Mnage trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

As I said, some enhancements would be nice. San Andreas stories would be the biggest treat, but it is very unlikely that will ever come now.

The one thing that gets me is them only releasing the GTA III anniversary on phones and mobile devices. Why not home consoles and PCs?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:46 PM

Anniversary editions are to make money on reselling the original editions. Not to make improvements. It is a chance to pickup extra ca$h on the already made envestments. Sometimes they throw in a little extra item like a book or medal, something cheap, never, never invest more $.

Mince
  • Mince

Mnage trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Saturday, Dec 31 2011, 14:46)
Anniversary editions are to make money on reselling the original editions. Not to make improvements. It is a chance to pickup extra ca$h on the already made envestments. Sometimes they throw in a little extra item like a book or medal, something cheap, never, never invest more $.

Yes, I believe the discussion here has mistakenly blended the idea of a simple re-release and a remake. However, I believe Rockstar could provide either one of these if they wanted to do so. And there is no harm in discussing some possible improvements to the game.

Personally though, I do think that the best "improvements" would be things that just make the original game better. For example, improved reliability of garages, and fixing of other glitches. The graphics do not need to be changed completely, but perhaps some new graphical filters or (something similar) that would help the game to look nicer in the test of time.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

Not keen on a remake, the original game was great, a re-release for mobile devices like gtaIII would be cool, but remakes, no thank-you, time to move on, GTA V is coming and that is HD probably use euphoria, updated textures and everything and it's set in L.A, play San Andreas for what it is, not what you wish it was.

SFK363
  • SFK363

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Sunday, Jan 1 2012, 23:56)
Not keen on a remake, the original game was great, a re-release for mobile devices like gtaIII would be cool, but remakes, no thank-you, time to move on, GTA V is coming and that is HD probably use euphoria, updated textures and everything and it's set in L.A, play San Andreas for what it is, not what you wish it was.

I'd just want to have Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas like Grand Theft Auto V (of course, we don't know what it will be like yet, but we will soon, and I can guarantee it is stunning) then many people would be happy and pleased. I would have too, because I think it was the first game I played. Other than some Crash Bandicoot racing game.

bscutajar
  • bscutajar

San Andreas Pro

• Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

The only thing I would want to be changed in a re-release are the graphics. Just an improvement in the textures though. I don't want any ragdoll physics to ruin San Andreas. I always wanted a version of San Andreas to play on the PlayStation 3. I kind of dislike the PC version and my PS2 does not work any more. Having a PS3 version of San Andreas, improved graphics or not, would be nice.

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

Yeah, seriously. Might as well just wait for GTA V if you're asking for all that stuff.

The most we'd be getting is the same improvements made in III's mobile edition.

It could be called "10th Anniversary Edition", but I think that's kindof GTAIII's thing, since it was the game that started it all.
At the very least, VC and SA could grant them... a different titled edition than that.

Nigel xD
  • Nigel xD

R! (Since '08)

• Members

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (bscutajar @ Monday, Jan 2 2012, 16:26)
The only thing I would want to be changed in a re-release are the graphics. Just an improvement in the textures though. I don't want any ragdoll physics to ruin San Andreas. I always wanted a version of San Andreas to play on the PlayStation 3. I kind of dislike the PC version and my PS2 does not work any more. Having a PS3 version of San Andreas, improved graphics or not, would be nice.

You hate the PC version but love the PS2 version?

I'm all for playing on consoles, but aren't they the same exact game?
In fact, doesn't SA on the PC have better quality texture and sound?

The only thing I can see you complaining about is the controls, which aren't bad...and if they are for you, play with a joystick?
You said you own a PS3. As do I and mine came with a controller that can be connected via USB to any computer and played with!

Am I missing something here monocle.gif

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

SA:LC Mod Leader

• Members

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

Why does everybody want a remake of this game in modern graphics? A lot of the charm comes from within the clunky graphics IMO.

I mean, imagine if they did a remake of pacman with ultra-realistic graphics. Some big ass yellow flesh ball creeping through a dark room eating pills and hiding from ghosts. For one it would be rated R, and it would just feel NOTHING like the original.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

Nigel xD
After the reception of the PS2 game Players complaints the R* made adjustments to the game play to make it easier to complete, Also with the difficult controls of the Key board and mouse at least they allowed for proper control by GamePad. The larger memory of a PC over the Consoles also allowed for minor improvements in the graphics (more trees and trash. Farther travel distance before things disappear.)

As far as remaking the game with updated graphics? HARDLY.
The idea of a rerelease is to make money. Toss in a Booklet, maybe a hubcap, triple the price and Taa Daa, there you go.

Remember GTA IV is pretty, but GTA:SA is playable as it is.

indo_14
  • indo_14

Player Lover

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:20 AM Edited by indo_14, 10 January 2012 - 08:23 AM.

i want gold edition for gta sa (re-release) i was want to have gold edition XD
and the best gta is gta sa coz the player can jump over the wall

oglevempire
  • oglevempire

Knowledge Holder

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

I think that Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is good the way it is, full honesty.
Though a push in the graphics and better quality sound would make it perfect.
I don't see a reason why not. I really think that it deserves it, more than all the other games in the series.
Probably the best GTA game, EVER. :truestory.jpg:

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

Who knows what they'll be able to do in 2014. Could mobile devices today, say an iPhone handle the whole SA? I'm just excited to see the goodies they'll release with it. A CJ action figure with a bike, a green bandana, AK, maybe a jet pack.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

ps3 and 360 in hd. no crap android ports. confused.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:34 PM

IF you are interested in the wish list type Topics Here are two (one still open):
NOTE: This is an old topic. If you wish to make a SUBSTANTIAL and relevant addition it should be Okay. DON'T Screw it up with Crap.
What missed in San Andreas? {Sep-Oct 2009}
For reference only: What GTA: San Andreas SHOULD have {Sep-Oct 2005} Locked.

Aidyn I
  • Aidyn I

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:12 AM

San Andreas was already great as it was! Better than IV. There's no need for a re-release. I personally think we're taking this whole "GTA III" anniversary idea for GTA SA perspective a little too far, IMO.

SFK363
  • SFK363

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (Aidyn I @ Sunday, Feb 5 2012, 07:12)
San Andreas was already great as it was! Better than IV. There's no need for a re-release. I personally think we're taking this whole "GTA III" anniversary idea for GTA SA perspective a little too far, IMO.

Why don't Rockstar North improve the game then. Even if it's fun it's horribly unrealistic. Games do not need to be realistic to be good. But San Andreas can be improved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users