• Members
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

I can just imagine all the ricer's i'm gonna see, its gonna be a nightmare

• FutoTrueno

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

hopefully they add performance/handling mods =D i doubt they'll go in depth with it though

• futo-GT

Grove Street 4Life

• Members

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Thursday, Dec 29 2011, 11:29)
So the customisation from MCLA was pretty impressive and I think would work quite well considering the level of detail that has been employed on some of the vehicles shown in the Debut trailer;

1.Visuals is where I'll start, be it bumpers, side skirts, rims, bonnets (CFRP?), spoilers, interiors and lights possibly.

2. Performance; I've seen brake calipers, hopefully this could be a performance upgrade, along with certain other things like maybe turbos, with blow-off valves like we saw on IV's Sultan RS, a range of exhaust kits, ride height adjustments, roll cages etc...

3. Paint & Art, a perfect pain system IMO, it utilised a dynamic colour selector that was capable of selecting any colour in gloss, metallic, candy etc and having the ability to create a two-tone scheme as well. The decal editor would make for an absolutely enjoyable vehicle ownership experience allowing players to create a completely unique vehicle.

Side request; optional tachometer for the bottom right of the screen, optional so that people who aren't vehicle enthusiasts don't have to use them.

A great idea, I'm a HUGE car gamer, NFS:Underground1 and Juiced2 are the best out there, but even if R* don't go too much into car mods I'd still like to have some options for modifying my motor, like there was in SA but this time better mayb not as much as NFS or Juiced2 but something would be nice.

• rodrich266

"After five years on the East Coast, it was time to go home

• Members

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

As much as I would love that I feel that R* will just place simple customization like the one in SA, because well, it's GTA and not MCLA and since GTA is not a racing game R* probably won't go for it

But who knows

• Bruceafc

• Members

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

I would like the ability to put a police sirens on are cars because its a pain in the arse to get throught traffic sometimes.

• grandtheftrio27

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

that be awsome. i like how you can lower or raise cars in GTA IV you can shoot the shocks but doing it normally would be cool.

• faizanali

Proud PC Gamer

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

all i wanted was Neon in GTA IV even GTA SA did'nt had it hoping as GTA V features controllable convertibles im looking forward to see some racing

• JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (grandtheftrio27 @ Friday, Jul 27 2012, 21:37)
that be awsome. i like how you can lower or raise cars in GTA IV you can shoot the shocks but doing it normally would be cool.

Lowering ride height sounds like a good thing to include. I just hope that we would be given a system that can create unique cars. icon14.gif

• JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

So we got the new screenshot of the Cheetah, and there's still no confirmation of car customisation. But it does look like the cars will be more detailed this time around. Customisable elements I've seen;

Rear spoiler
Alloy wheels
Titanium exhaust tips
A CFRP diffuser
LED rear light units.

But no concrete evidence to suggest car customisation is in. sad.gif

gta v fanatic
  • gta v fanatic

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

I sure hope so, i'm not looking forward to being disappointed if they don't bring a classic mod shop from SA

• TruXter

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

From what I see at the lower section of the cheetah, we might have the "permanent dirt" that we had in gtaiii San Andreas.

Something tells me that San Andreas is a dirty city.

• fitbikesbmx

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

Customization is a pretty requested thing in the next game. If it isn't in V, a lot of people will be disappointed. It doesn't have to be anything extensive. I really don't want it to be over the top. I would however like to see things like changing paint colors (maybe even adding flat, gloss, metallic, etc.) paint styles. Changing wheels would be cool as well, possibly with recoloring. Adjusting ride height as well, it wouldn't just be a way to create a low rider, but maybe we could lift trucks for better off roading? Body mods like hood scoops, spoilers, body kits, etc. would also be nice. And performance upgrades, nothing too ridiculous, but just basic stuff like nitrous would do just fine.

• JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

I do not wish to get anyone's hopes up, so for the time being I'll not suggest that there are any hints of car customisation being included, because there really aren't. confused.gif

• TruXter

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

Vehicle customization, isn't really as big of a deal these days as it was when GTAIII san andreas came out.

• loki18760

Truth Seeker

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

I would like to see the customization to return and get better. I'm not sure how far into performance upgrade it should go but engine package 1,2,3, would be pretty cool. Body/ paint option are what I would most like to see improved and implemented and of course NOS.

Lose our cars are annoying i think i would like it if there was a impound or body shop/paint and spray that we could purchase or steal our cars back from. Re spawning in the garage would feel a little cheap. But having to spend the time to recollect your prize auto would feel alright with me. Re spawning on the street in front of your house on cinder blocks/or with a boot would be a option too and have to pay a small fine to have access to it again.

All in all I like being able to customize my cars, I am good enough at the game to not have to worry about my car being destroyed constantly. I found mission annoying in which my car would disappear

• GarrowsKai

I don't even like Dubstep

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

I'd like a degree of customisation. Nothing to the level of dedicated racing games such as MCLA or NFS though.

Maybe have a few tuner cars (and maybe lowriders) that can be customised with different body kits/spoilers and like in more depth than in SA, but leave it at that. GTA isn't a car customisation game so being able to change even the most basic saloon/sedan is a bit much for a game where that is not the main emphasis.

• dinoSAUR230

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Can't really see myself spending hours customising my cars/weapons/clothes. R* can make it as detailed or as basic as they want for all I care. Although on second thoughts I could really see myself upgrading a patriot or a pickup with bull bars, a winch, huge tyres and an increased ride height, and then going out to the country/desert for some real off-roading, (in SP)even if these upgrades were merely aestetic. But I lived without it in IV and JC2. I'm not into street races/MP races cause I don't really want that fast and furious vibe.

But if you're into that sort of thing then it could be fun. bored.gif

• JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

If our car is lost then paying to retrieve it sounds lie a fair deal icon14.gif

Scrapyard for if the vehicle is destroyed (fee for salvaging)

Police impound, for vehicles that have disappeared or if a player is arrested at the wheel.

At least we do know for sure that cars will have multiple colours.

• JStarr31

Vice Money Murder Gang {V.$.M.G}

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:03 PM Edited by JStarr31, 23 August 2012 - 04:06 PM.

San Andreas + MCLA + a little splash of Mafia II = Customization

NFSU2 + Nitto 1320 = Engine work / Dyno

basically they should add a Dyno so a sleeper Blista Compact can keep up with a stock Sultan RS devil.gif

it you don't know what a Dyno is: skip @3:28

• JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

I would love to see a dyno, but for the sake of the general audience it would be too complicated.

Just keeping customisation on the more obvious and simple level will be both useful and understandable by most customers.

If a dyno were included not many would understand boost pressures, fuel allocations, or gear ratios, it would also mean a lot more work for R*

• Darrel

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

There is no reason why it cant be included. Rockstar North could easily pass that duty on to Rockstar San Diego if they were/are crunched for time.

• A J

Aggressively Honest

• Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

They had a decent choice in San Andreas, yet IV only had regular pay n spray and a car wash!

That made no sense to me, definitely should have some minor ways of tuning cars visually, even just the chance to pick colours at the pays n sprays would be good.

What if in multiplayer you were rewarded $, which could then be spent on pimping your ride? Like in COD you could upgrade your weapons, you could upgrade your car, for free mode only, and just to show off how good you were at racing ?!

• JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

Assuming R* has had more time to work on content because the RAGE engine is now set, I would think that it would be more likely that car customisation would return, plus in this day and age, customisation is easy to access be it the U.S., U.K., Japan or wherever...

user posted image

A system that would allow for unique paint selection, wheel choices and wheel paint is fairly basic, yet effective, I would hope this is the minimum target for GTA V. MCLA visuals would be amazing though.

• packardcaribien

Let's blow some *&%# Up!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

Perhaps not customization as in depth as MCLA, maybe more like Saints Row, or an improved Mafia II.

As in, select any color (using a color wheel or a couple 'standard' ones that the car spawns in) in a number of finishes (Metallic, Gloss, Enamel [classic cars], Matte, and Iridescent). Have two or three areas that can be different colors on a car. Then chose the interior color, and pick rims and tires. Then add body mods, specific to the car (like the body kit on a Sultan RS, or the mesh grille on the Presidente V-12, or the raised roof on the Moonbeam Aero, or continental kits, or sunroofs and convertible tops). Then finish it off with performance mods, such as four wheel disc brakes (shorter stop distance), manual transmission (allows you to shift for yourself), bored-out engine (more power overall) torque gearing (slower but can push and smash easier) speed gearing (faster but cannot push or smash well) turbo (increased top speed).

• sddales

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:47 PM Edited by sddales, 12 September 2012 - 07:56 PM.

QUOTE (packardcaribien @ Wednesday, Jun 27 2012, 14:31)
At the absolute and very least, you should be able to choose whatever color out
of the cars standard selection you want when you visit a Pay N' Spray. I don't
want to cycle through or get stuck on one color in a glitch.

And for those who complained about the color option menu going against
the 'quick respray to avoid the cops' purpose of the pay and spray
: How
about if you enter the P&S while wanted it just gives you a random different
color, if you enter while not wanted, it gives you a choice of any color.
For anybody talking about spawning garages - I am against them; but only
if steps go toward it becoming easier to keep your car.
1. NPC traffic needs to be more realistic and will not crash into you on purpose for
stopping at a red light, and will driver faster than 35 mph on the highway.
2. Cars need to explode less - still get damaged, but not explode unless actually
shot right in the gas tank.
3. Cars in dire disrepair should be able to be temporarily fixed by walking to the
engine like in Mafia II (the cell phone did this in IV).
4. Cars never disappear of the face of the earth, in missions or in free roam.
They should get an icon on the map and stay there like in LA Noire.
5. Cars that have been in your garage or parking space before that you have left
somewhere should be able to be gotten by calling a tow truck; then the car will
show up at your house the next day for a fee.
6. If you die or are arrested while using a car that was previously in your garage,
you should be able to retreive it from a police impound lot; either legally for a
fee, or by breaking in.
If all or most of that was included, I would be completely satisfied with an old GTA
garage system. But for the time being, I am scared to use my cars in IV.

I completely agree with your garage ideas. The rate at which you can lose cars in GTA IV makes the parking spaces almost completely irrelevant. Every other mission makes you use a different car for no reason or leave your car to do an on foot chase. You can't keep a car worth squat.

I think your ideas are tops in this area. They solve almost all the problems. I would just add have less missions where you unnecessarily switch cars.

In addition, on the subject of manual transmission (gear shifting) I had this to say in a similar topic:

When I first heard this idea on the forums when I first joined years ago, I thought it would be the greatest idea ever. Now I realize that nothing could be further from the truth. Yes sure, you could put it as an option. Yes sure you could work the buttons all crazy to make it work. But in the end, GTAs driving element is interpretive of what you want to do rather than a direct simulation. I know that when I hold down on the brake in real life, my car doesn't shift into reverse. I know that if I got behind the wheel after more than a few in real life, the wheel doesn't jerk in the opposite direction unless I mistakenly tell it to.

The driving element gives you some basic controls and interprets them appropriately into the driving you see in game based on context vs. input. Manual gear shifts? Why? As it stands the controls you are using are just telling the main character what to do anyway. No sense in adding something that takes direct control of the experience.

• Sneakerhead.

What's good?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

Lets see:

Nitro $500
Wide Body kits. $10,000 (Only for certain car like the Sultan which would turn into a Sultan RS, or a Sultan RS which would turn into a Sultan GT for example.)
Tint $100 (0%-100%)
Rims $1000 - $2,500
Steering Wheel and Seat upgrade. $2,500 (Probably not gonna happen, but it won't hurt anyone if included.)
Vynil(sp?) editor $0 free
Crew Tag $0 (Only on Multiplayer)
Weapon add ons that include M249, M60, Minigun .etc $20,000 (Only for heavy army/police type trucks, humvees.)

• RussianFreak

Russian Patriot, PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:56 PM

The one thing that slightly surprised me in MCLA is how little there were of each individual customization. I remember even MC3 had 20 bumpers for every car and so on. LA seems to only have 4 of each. For GTA, that's fine and I'd love to see it, but for a game tailored for customization I was slightly perplexed.

• JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

I'm liking the suggestions coming through, especially the recent one of crew tags for online, not sure how it would work but it sounds like a useful option.

Update; still searching around for evidence of vehicle customisation but I can't fin anything concrete confused.gif

In the meantime, enjoy these chrome painted wheels fellas biggrin.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Different finishes for wheels paints is probably a bit trivial, but chrome or matte finishes would be great.

• JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

This isn't exactly MCLA, but would anyone be in support of being able to purchase various types of proofing that has featured in past GTA titles? e.g.

Fireproof - $12500
Bulletproof - $17500
Explosionproof - $17500
Damageproof - $12500
Comprehensiveproof - $50000

Ability to respawn at a particular safehouse? - $100000 ?

Sorry about the high prices, I have no idea how the game economy is, and what money can be spent on.

• lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

I just hope it's no less than MCLA. More would be f*cking awesome. Sirens would be great, too.

I also want to keep my car.

The way cars are done in MP should be much different too.

Say I played V for the first time and saved up for a Sabre GT. I have a used Sabre GT (new ones would be rarely sold as they are an old car) so the oil would need replacing and the paintwork would be slightly scratched in some areas, etc. I could get this fixed up at a garage.

Then say I put my own custom paintjob on it (with the ability to import my crew emblem) and spent a sh*tload on it.
Then say I wanted this car in multiplayer.

I would put it up for sale on a website or at a used car dealer. The price I sell it at would be my choice.

Then I entered multiplayer. My character should be placed in an in-game world where I can obtain my vehicles from parking garages spread out the city.

Say I wanted that same Sabre GT in MP. In MP I would head to the website/dealer I sold the car at in SP and would buy it for the price. My SP character would gain that money, and the MP character would lose it.

And the way MP handles vehicles should be done MUCH idfferently. Say we wanted a chopper, our crew should save up and buy a helicopter (stealing one in MP would get a high wanted level and would attract a sh*tload of attention, AND it can't have a fancy custom paintjob)
Now the crew has the chopper, I should be able to put it in either my own garage, or the "crew garage". I would select which members have access to this helicopter, and if it gets destroyed, I have to spend a sh*tload of cash reparing it, or just buy a new one.

I can imagine it now.. buying 5 sultans and tricking them out identically with epic paintjobs and sirens and putting them in my crew garage, to see my members rolling around in them doing drive-bys in MP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users